Vestal Cops In Trouble: The Tape Doesnt Lie

Guest Ronnie Benjamin

Guest Billy

Those students at the protest from BU are idiots. When they showed those few getting out of jail on the news and everyone there congratulating them like they actually accomplished something, hilarious. News bulletin for all you "protesters" it's 2008, get your own identities and stop trying to be 1960's wannabees. I couldn't stop laughing at how hard they are trying to appear like the protesters during the 60's, way too funny. It's idiots like those that sour people in this community to the majority of great kids I am positive attend that fine University.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bombings
So you are saying that we killed a half million people????? wow nice job taking figures to benefit your own liberal agenda. So is it our troops that killed those people or was it the terrorists that will kill innocent people whether or not we are there.

It was not our troops directly... But hunreds of thousands of Iraqis were killed from the air borne bombings (remember "Shock and Awe"). Most of the deaths and injuries were from Colateral damage.

It was not our troops directly... But hunreds of thousands of Iraqis were killed from the air borne bombings (remember "Shock and Awe"). Most of the deaths and injuries were from Colateral damage.

where are your facts that support that statement? And i don't mean the liberal news from some two bit website.

Guest Guest
So you are saying that we killed a half million people????? wow nice job taking figures to benefit your own liberal agenda. So is it our troops that killed those people or was it the terrorists that will kill innocent people whether or not we are there.

1) well, the bush administration puts the high estimate higher than that - 600,000, with a low estimate of 200,000. And yes - we killed them, they killed each other, and the terrorists killed them.

2) I am not a liberal

3) I still find it interesting that we are there to support political freedom and access to justice for iraqis and spending two trillion dollars to do so and you dont support that for the people in our own country.

4) I also find it interesting that we are now talking about an issue of math here - as if we spent two trillion to give the the political freedom and access to justice, and we only killed 100,000, wel then it would be ok - and also ok not to support those same political freedoms and access to justice here.

@

Guest Guest
Yea - we spend two trillion on a war that kills a half million people and you are not concerned about that, you are more concerned about a few hundred bucks. wow!

You sound asinine.

Disagreement with the war does not justify breaking the law and costing the local taxpayers thousands of dollars. These are two different issues.

This just in!!!!

President Gerorge W Bush has decided to immediately recall all troops stationed over seas. The president stated that he was wrong for sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan and he wanted the full recall to begin immediately. "Not one soldier or member of our military personel shall remain outside of our country. The troops will be called home not only from Iraq but also Afghanistan and various other military bases around the world." When asked what prompted the troop recall which will end the war in the middle east, the president stated it was "because of our brilliant and determined young students from Binghamton Universtity whose effective protest and total disregard to civil obedience showed me that I was wrong." "They showed me that if they were willing to hold up traffic and shove the police, they must be right about the war" :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Guest
You sound asinine.

Disagreement with the war does not justify breaking the law and costing the local taxpayers thousands of dollars. These are two different issues.

I think they are related issues and you think they are different issues. I see you dont express to much concern over two trillion being spent on a war - but are concerned about a few hundred bucks or a few thousand bucks being spent on a protest. If the concern is truly money as you say it is, well then it would be considered a bit odd that two trillion is not a conern when a couple thousand is.

Guest Guest
You sound asinine.

ps - I actually do believ that disagreement with the war does indeed justify breaking the law. This country was founded on people who were brave enough to break the law with their protests.

Guest Guest
This just in!!!!

President Gerorge W Bush has decided to immediately recall all troops stationed over seas. The president stated that he was wrong for sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan and he wanted the full recall to begin immediately. "Not one soldier or member of our military personel shall remain outside of our country. The troops will be called home not only from Iraq but also Afghanistan and various other military bases around the world." When asked what prompted the troop recall which will end the war in the middle east, the president stated it was "because of our brilliant and determined young students from Binghamton Universtity whose effective protest and total disregard to civil obedience showed me that I was wrong." "They showed me that if they were willing to hold up traffic and shove the police, they must be right about the war" :lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm - they were not protesting the war in afghanistan or having troops in other countries.

Hmmm - they were not protesting the war in afghanistan or having troops in other countries.

Really???? thats not what the BU pipe dream says.

The demonstration was organized in part by the Experimental Media Organization as an anti-war rally to protest the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, though members from Veterans of Foreign Wars and Veterans for Peace were also present.

http://bupipedream.com/current/index.php/articles/view/7614

I'm sorry but that was a joke and sarcasm. Okay i know it was stupid...but admit it..it did make you chuckle a little ;)

Guest Guest
Really???? thats not what the BU pipe dream says.

The demonstration was organized in part by the Experimental Media Organization as an anti-war rally to protest the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, though members from Veterans of Foreign Wars and Veterans for Peace were also present.

http://bupipedream.com/current/index.php/articles/view/7614

I'm sorry but that was a joke and sarcasm. Okay i know it was stupid...but admit it..it did make you chuckle a little ;)

so they were not asking that all troops be brought home from every place in the world? I guess I am asking, what part of your post is true and what part is made up. It seems there is a history with you about making things up and treating them as facts.

so they were not asking that all troops be brought home from every place in the world? I guess I am asking, what part of your post is true and what part is made up. It seems there is a history with you about making things up and treating them as facts.

okay if you read the second post, its obvious that it was a joke. I made it up as a joke. so i thought it was pretty clear that it was false but i guess some people can not recognize humor. :lol:

@

Guest Guest
okay if you read the second post, its obvious that it was a joke. I made it up as a joke. so i thought it was pretty clear that it was false but i guess some people can not recognize humor. :lol:

@

oooops sorry

me bad

by the way, we usually agree on alot and when we dont - we just have differnet opinions and can accept that. it is nice debating and chatting with you here.

oooops sorry

me bad

by the way, we usually agree on alot and when we dont - we just have differnet opinions and can accept that. it is nice debating and chatting with you here.

thank you same to you. I am sorry if i came off as a smart aleck. i do appologize and I appreciate your ideas as well. its nice to see normal and reasonable people on here.

Guest Guest
if this was a peaceful gathering, Why were a few of the protesters, including the guy in the back of the "Parade" wearing a mask to hide his identifty? what's to hide in a "Peaceful" protest"? The law is the law, when an officer gives a direct order to dispurse, then do it. It was like a chain reaction, Sure some may have dispursed, but one didn't. And when the Cop took action, of other protesters made personal decisions to get involved with it. Hence them being arrested as well. Peaceful protests are just that. Follow the laws and protest all you want. that is your right.

@

Excellent point. If he was so proud of his cause, then why hide behind a mask? If you believe in what you are protesting against then show your face! He should be ashamed of himself.

Guest Guest

When some of you posters put on uniforms and have to deal with trying to maintain order on the Vestal Parkway during lunch hour THEN you can comment on what the cops should/shouldn't have done. They have every right to defend themselves and make both lanes of traffic assessable for drivers. They did nothing wrong. While there is nothing wrong with a protest-I support them protesting this war-the cops have a job to do. If the cops WEREN'T out there trying to maintain order everyone who is on here complaining about what they did would ALSO be complaining there was no police force. And don't say I'm wrong. It always turns from protesting to complaining about law enforcement. All of you who are 'upset' with how the cops handled this situation should have been trampled by the protesters.

Shut up & let the cops do their job.

@

Guest Guest
so its okay to disrupt the lives of innocent people as long as they are yuppies and drive suv's? are you for real? you have no idea what or where people were going. how about the person who was on their way to a medical appointment? what about people that are on their way to work. It's okay for them to be late because you said so. So the doctor that was on his way to BGH because he got called in to assist a surgery should be late because you said so! You are selfish and small minded person. You may think that you are intelligent and above everyone else including the laws and rules of society. However you are not. You put the welfare of people in iraq above the wefare of your own country and community. why dont you protest the killing of thousands of unborn children each day. how about doing somethhing to help fight a real killer in the world. support cancer research or some other charity. No you would rather make a scene and cry foul against the police that are there to protect you. And then you blame the people that were caught up in your protest and say it's there fault. maybe you need to rethink your priorities.

and fyi...you and your fellow students should learn the street names before you walk on them and claim that you "own" them. you were on the vestal parkway...you passed murray hill road and you were arrested on plaza drive.

You come across as kind of middle grade stupid here. Your whole argument is that people should shut up because you feel there are more important things out there like making imaginary medical appointments and curing cancer. I can't believe you would actually state that people's welfare was put at risk because they might have been delayed in getting to appointments. We won't even go into how the logical conclusion of your arguments calls for bringing all the troops home now and what it says we should do to NYSEG for the delays their power grid failure caused today. This event would have been nothing had the a few officers not gotten upset, ignored crowd control training, and decided that physical intervention was suddenly called for after simply following the protesters for a half mile. If they'd kept their cool for three minutes everything would have been fine. You and I might feel that the protest was an empty gesture but I'm proud to live in a country where protests are tolerated and dumb sheep don't get to silence dissent for their personal convenience and comfort.

Guest Guest
Excellent point. If he was so proud of his cause, then why hide behind a mask? If you believe in what you are protesting against then show your face! He should be ashamed of himself.

I think the mask (bandana) is used to protect the face from pepperspray and as an air filter in case teargas is used.

@

Guest Guest

You might think that he wore the mask because he saw real protesters do it on tv in the big cities. But if you had been close to him you would have realized that the real reason he wore the mask was because he stunk so freakin bad that even he couldn't stand the smell! I think most of them had been protesting against showers for a week or two.

I also believe the real guys wear them because they know they are going to do something stupid so if they get away they can avoid being identified on the video. For example, just in case they throw the rock or molotav cocktail that causes a severe injury to someone, etc.

Guest Guest

Hmmm...lets see now. If ALL troops overseas were to be brought home, where oh where should we put them?? I know...how about the borders?? I think more than a few Mexicans would shat their pantalones if they crawled under a fence and came face to face with an M1 Abrams pointing its muzzle in their face. Whoops..silly me...I forgot...they have the right to ILLEGALY enter our country. President Fox would then file a complaint with the UN saying that we weren't being nice neighbors. Or to the North, how about some smuggler coming face to face with a platoon of light infantry? THAT might put a crimp on business. Except all the crackheads and potheads would get their supplies stemmed fast. Then we'd hear all the Posse Comitatus crap and that troops shouldn't be working the borders. Oh wait..."protect and defend the United States from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic" thats right...I remember saying those words too...last time I re-enlisted! Scouts Out!

I'm sure it's the same guy. I was a witness of the scene that took place at Plaza Dr. and Vestal Pkwy, and I swear I saw this radical professor there egging the kids on. Anyone else see him?

http://www.binghamton.edu/anthro/BernbeckR.html

http://bupipedream.com/workflow_web/displa...cle.php?id=2542

or on "Rate My Professor,

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=152248

If he was a participant in this illegal protest he should be punished.

Guest Guest
I'm sure it's the same guy. I was a witness of the scene that took place at Plaza Dr. and Vestal Pkwy, and I swear I saw this radical professor there egging the kids on. Anyone else see him?

http://www.binghamton.edu/anthro/BernbeckR.html

http://bupipedream.com/workflow_web/displa...cle.php?id=2542

or on "Rate My Professor,

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=152248

If he was a participant in this illegal protest he should be punished.

why would he be punished for a protest that took place off campus? he was not arrested, in fact, we don't even know if he was there.

Do you think the University will say "yea - some annomous poster on an online forum "thinks he may have seen" someone at a protest, so we will punish him". Good God man, get a grip! You are a whack!

Archived