Vestal Cops In Trouble: The Tape Doesnt Lie

Guest Ronnie Benjamin

Guest Ronnie Benjamin

The one cop interviewed said the students were given one lane and then later moved over to the passing lane which is what caused the problem. The cop said they immediately asked the students to move over, and when they resisted, the cops got out to forcibly move them over, at which time some of the students assaulted them.

LIE #1: Check out the video on newschannel34. The students turned off the BU campus and IMMEDIATELY OCCUPIED BOTH LANES. They proceeded this way past the next stop light, up the hill, and down the hill for more than 1/4 mile with NO COMMENT or OBEJCTION from the cops. Actually, the whole time the cop cars were right behind the students and they seemed perfectly fine with the situation. It was only at powderhouse road when they corralled the students and attacked.

LIE#2: When the students got near Powderhouse road, the officers ordered the students to move over. VIDEOS SHOW THE STUDENTS STARTED TO COMPLY AND BEGAN TO MOVE OVER.

LIE #3: Admittedly, one student was slow to move, and a cop car pulled right up behind this student and actually bumped him in the back of the knees with the fender. The student turned around and hit the roof of his cars with his hands. The officer jumped out, and THIS was the pretense for going ape-sh$t on a bunch of harmless students.

All hell broke loose.

Legal advisers are being consulted.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

You're right. Here is the quote:

"At first we gave them the one lane which was a driving lane and they were walking peacefully. Then they went over to the passing lane and blocked the complete roadway," says Lt. Jerry Mullins of Vestal Police.

See newschannel34 video and you see the students in BOTH lanes immediately after they turned onto the Parkway. The cops trailed them the entire way without saying a thing.

Want to change your story, Mr. Mullins? What was the real reason your goons jumped out at Powderhouse in a planned attack?

Guest Ronnie Benjamin
Your post lost integrity when it was determined that you have no idea geographically of where Powderhouse Rd is. Are you sure you watching the correct tape?

Okay, so I'm from long island. You got me. I got the name of the street wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that the cop lied.

Guest Guest

I don't know that I'd call it a lie until I knew that the officer actually knew what was going on and then said something else. Lie may be too strong here. Does anyone know if Mullins saw the whole event or if he was someone who showed up later on? Regardless, from my viewing of the unedited footage the officers overreacted and needlessly escalated a situation where they could have easily maintained safety and control if someone hadn't gotten torqued as they approached the recruitment center. It looks kind of like an officer or two let their pique get the better of them and everyone else was probably forced into joining the fray.

Guest lAW & ORDER

It's a fact, that when the Protesters got in the vicinity of Powderhouse Rd. Some began to spred out into the West Bound Lanes to block traffic going in the opposite direction also - This is when the Police were forced to take immediate action!!! An attempt by some of the Protesters to block both the East and West Bound Lanes caused the Immediate Police Intervention!!!

@

Guest Guest

Maybe the cops decide it was time to move all the idiots off of the parkway when there was a car accident and someone got hurt. If you want to start pointing fingers at each other I would have to say it was everything but a peaceful protest. Due to THEIR stupid action somebody got hurt and there could have been more.

Guest imacop

if this was a peaceful gathering, Why were a few of the protesters, including the guy in the back of the "Parade" wearing a mask to hide his identifty? what's to hide in a "Peaceful" protest"? The law is the law, when an officer gives a direct order to dispurse, then do it. It was like a chain reaction, Sure some may have dispursed, but one didn't. And when the Cop took action, of other protesters made personal decisions to get involved with it. Hence them being arrested as well. Peaceful protests are just that. Follow the laws and protest all you want. that is your right.

@

Guest full toothed local

lets not get off the subject. the truth is if the students stayed in front of campus there woulda been no problem. but only a bunch of idiots looking for attention would march on the busiest street in broome county during those hours to make a point. Also the girl who was interview on the news stated that she wanted the cops to know about there stand on war. The cops have nothing to do with the war or do they have say in the matter. i guess it doesnt matter. the ones who got arrested will pull daddys visa out of there pocket and post bail and then drive back to campus in their bmw and feel like they got the best of the "townies"

Guest Guest
Maybe the cops decide it was time to move all the idiots off of the parkway when there was a car accident and someone got hurt.

On the full video you can see the damaged car appearing well after the pepper spray and handcuffing began. It looks as if the police action brought about the lookie loos.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Guest Dr. Who

The doctor is in.....

Let's break this down for the slow learners in the bunch (and the dirt chicken ambulance chasers)....Here's the facts...

1.) Blocking traffic is against the law, as clearly outlined in the criminal statutes defining DISORDERLY CONDUCT...

2.) With this in mind, the cops TOLERATED the unlawful actions of the protestors and SHOWED RESTRAINT by allowing them to march for a few hundred yards, unobstructed.

3.) The cops then BLOCKED TRAFFIC for the protestors, so that they wouldn't get run over by someone who may not have had the time or patience for their antics.

4.) AFTER the mess resulted in 2 accidents (one of which I understand involved the person going to the hospital); and AFTER one of the the ingrate students (wearing a mask over his face like some P.L.O. flunkie) ran at a police car and dared him to respond, the police had enough and ordered them to the side. This is CLEARLY shown in the press video, and is a matter of fact.

5.) The woodchuck with the mask (still don't get that part) was apprehended by the police, and several of the remaining students tried to intervene (unwisely), by putting their hands on a police officer (also against the law-see obstructing governmental administration).

6.) The police responded in kind, by arresting these students (who of course resisted-see resisting arrest) and the melee ensued.

All of this could have been avoided by the protestors walking LEGALLY down the shoulder of the road and staging the meat and potatoes of their rally at the intended target (the recruitment center), where they would have received all of the media attention they wanted, minus the drama. SHAME on the S.U.N.Y. professors for riling the students up, and allowing this. They knew full well what would happen (hence their absence). If Ronald Benjamin or Joe Stanley want to represent someone, how about the person hurt in the accident that this crap caused. The little Skippy's and Muffy's no doubt have rich parents to foot their bills and handle their legal transgressions. It's obvious that these kids didn't give any care or consideration to the problems that this would cause. It was all about THEM. Try explaining their "altruism" to the woman stuck in traffic for an hour while her 8 year old was at the hospital with acute appendicitis. Or to the old woman whose husband of 50 years was having chest pain, and who couldn't get timely emergency services because these clowns decided that "their message needed to be heard". This is a classic example of EMOTION ruling and ruining the day. I might be interested in the opinions of these kids if they had enough time on this planet to form an educated and informed opinion of their own. Sadly, they rely on the tired ramblings of leftover hippies from the 60's, who are trying to reclaim their youth by associating with these gullible youngsters. Look no further than the kid all of the media outlets pointed to, who was beating a drum and playing a guitar at different stages of this fiasco...What is that about??.. but I digress...In summary, the facts are right there on tape for everyone to see. How often do you hear whining about the police being "mean" or brutalizing people? Here is a prime example of what really happens, and how some people just refuse to see FACT for what it is. It gives me faith in our law enforcement people, and makes me question the sanity of those who would refute their dedication to protect and serve. But then, THOSE people always seem to wind up on the WRONG side of history, don't they??.....

This session has concluded.....

First off, you can readily see how the students blocked both lanes on a public highway. That is unlawful and in the end caused an accident. They also lacked any type of permit to have a march. If they stayed along the shoulder of the road and marched two by two the confrontation never would have occurred. However it was obvious that the student thought they were on Main St in downtown Binghamton and not on a public highway. I do fault the Vestal PD for individually arresting the students. I recommend another approach.... I would have called the Fire Department and hosed them all down. That would have dispersed the crowd, give them their monthly bath and for the most part anyone left hanging around could be rounded up for loitering. If anyone were to complain, heck, you were simply cleaning the streets.

Back when I marched you always tried to be within the law. If permits were needed, you got them. You tried to avoid confrontation at all costs because you knew that if you got into it with the police it would lessen the message of your cause and put you in a bad light. I am a bit concerned with the face mask deal some of the students had going on. What's with that??? You usually see the face covering in mid-east jihad marches, usually spouting death to America and suicide bombing. I got the idea of the peace march but the participants blew it by not only sporting a terrorist look but by not listening to the police. Confrontation defeats the cause. Remember that !!!

I'm an old YSA , DSA member and marched during America's last great fraud. Live and learn. You'll get more respect for your cause that way. Another thing. Marching is one thing. Did anybody have a sit down with our local Congressman? Senator? Petition anyone?? Why not a bus to Washington and a march to the White House?

Just remember, the bed you make is the one you'll lay down in. Heck I won't get into anymore. I've said enough. :angry:

@

No lawyer would win a case for the rubber-necker who was too busy watching the students marching to watch where he was going. No one else got in an accident, so it must have been a special sort of person...I don't think insurance will have pity!

Guest Guest
You're right. Here is the quote:

"At first we gave them the one lane which was a driving lane and they were walking peacefully. Then they went over to the passing lane and blocked the complete roadway," says Lt. Jerry Mullins of Vestal Police.

See newschannel34 video and you see the students in BOTH lanes immediately after they turned onto the Parkway. The cops trailed them the entire way without saying a thing.

Want to change your story, Mr. Mullins? What was the real reason your goons jumped out at Powderhouse in a planned attack?

I know this discussion has moved on but I'm still laughing...Powderhouse? are you kidding...where does that even come from...who mentioned powderhouse in any of the news? how do you even come up with powderhouse when you're no where even close? what an idiot........

Guest Guest
Your post lost integrity when it was determined that you have no idea geographically of where Powderhouse Rd is. Are you sure you watching the correct tape?

looks to me like only about 50% were students, alot of older folk were mixed in the crowd. maybe they were there to ratchet things-up a bit.

Guest Guest

Mullins and his fellow police officers did not get one word of negitive critism in the face of what happend on the vestal parkway. They did the job that was needed and they took control. As they should have.

Guest Guest
First off, you can readily see how the students blocked both lanes on a public highway. That is unlawful and in the end caused an accident. They also lacked any type of permit to have a march. If they stayed along the shoulder of the road and marched two by two the confrontation never would have occurred. However it was obvious that the student thought they were on Main St in downtown Binghamton and not on a public highway. I do fault the Vestal PD for individually arresting the students. I recommend another approach.... I would have called the Fire Department and hosed them all down. That would have dispersed the crowd, give them their monthly bath and for the most part anyone left hanging around could be rounded up for loitering. If anyone were to complain, heck, you were simply cleaning the streets.

Back when I marched you always tried to be within the law. If permits were needed, you got them. You tried to avoid confrontation at all costs because you knew that if you got into it with the police it would lessen the message of your cause and put you in a bad light. I am a bit concerned with the face mask deal some of the students had going on. What's with that??? You usually see the face covering in mid-east jihad marches, usually spouting death to America and suicide bombing. I got the idea of the peace march but the participants blew it by not only sporting a terrorist look but by not listening to the police. Confrontation defeats the cause. Remember that !!!

I'm an old YSA , DSA member and marched during America's last great fraud. Live and learn. You'll get more respect for your cause that way. Another thing. Marching is one thing. Did anybody have a sit down with our local Congressman? Senator? Petition anyone?? Why not a bus to Washington and a march to the White House?

Just remember, the bed you make is the one you'll lay down in. Heck I won't get into anymore. I've said enough. :angry:

@

I personally think what caused the accident was that the police were not concentrating on traffic control, but on arresting people. I think they oever reacted. I believe if they had waited just a few more monutes this thing would have run it's course and all would end peacefully.

Guest Guest
They all should be drafted and order to stand a post. Then see how they feel when they are in harms way and read about jerks in a protest.

No - only ones like you that support the war (but want others to fight it and pay for it) should be drafted and made to pay for the thing

Guest Guest
No - only ones like you that support the war (but want others to fight it and pay for it) should be drafted and made to pay for the thing

Everyone over in Iraq is a VOLUNTEER. Your mind is back 40 years ago when it was mostly draftees that served in Vietnam. Somehow you need to get out of your drug induced stupor and wake up.

If you don't want to pay for the war, leave the country. I am sure that Canada or Mexico would want you.

Adios, fool.

Guest Guest
Everyone over in Iraq is a VOLUNTEER. Your mind is back 40 years ago when it was mostly draftees that served in Vietnam. Somehow you need to get out of your drug induced stupor and wake up.

If you don't want to pay for the war, leave the country. I am sure that Canada or Mexico would want you.

Adios, fool.

well, that is one of the problems, we are not paying for the war - our kids and grandkids will be. Our president asked us to sacrifice nothing for this war, we borrowed the two trillion dollars from the chinese and in fact, on top of that, he gave the rich a tax break.

Archived