Vestal Cops In Trouble: The Tape Doesnt Lie

Guest Ronnie Benjamin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You come across as kind of middle grade stupid here. Your whole argument is that people should shut up because you feel there are more important things out there like making imaginary medical appointments and curing cancer. I can't believe you would actually state that people's welfare was put at risk because they might have been delayed in getting to appointments. We won't even go into how the logical conclusion of your arguments calls for bringing all the troops home now and what it says we should do to NYSEG for the delays their power grid failure caused today. This event would have been nothing had the a few officers not gotten upset, ignored crowd control training, and decided that physical intervention was suddenly called for after simply following the protesters for a half mile. If they'd kept their cool for three minutes everything would have been fine. You and I might feel that the protest was an empty gesture but I'm proud to live in a country where protests are tolerated and dumb sheep don't get to silence dissent for their personal convenience and comfort.

I "come across as kind of middle grade stupid"? Is that the best you could come up with? Maybe if you had more than a high school education you could have said something more intelligent. Let me show you a few things here. First my point about people missing medical appointments and a doctor on his way to the hospital are true and can be verified if you like. A member on this site posted that she missed a medical appointment that she had waited a few months for and now has to wait another 2 months. The funny thing is, she was not against the protest, just the way that you broke the laws. And the doctor was my brother who is an anesthesiologist. He was on call that day and was paged to bgh to assist with a procedure. The practice in which he belongs to had to call another doctor in after my brother was stuck in traffic on the parkway for over 30 minutes. So there was a total of a 45 minute delay in getting someone there. But hey as long as you got to prove your point, it doesn't matter what inconvenience is caused.

The NYSEG power outage yesterday is not comparable because it was an act of God. and I am pretty sure no one was arrested becasue of the power outage. This event would have been nothing if you would have kept you protest on campus and not disrupted innocent people daily business. I have seen the unedited video and I can form a conclusion based on that. Yet I also took the time to listen to what the protestors were saying before passing judgement. Still the fact is that you and your friends thought that if you caused a big scene, you would make more of a point. However your little protest did nothing but cast doubt on your true purpose. Were you there to protest the war, or cause the biggest commotion to prove your point?

There was no reason to purposely take up the entire highway. There was no reason to wear masks and walk backwards and taunt the police. The police showed great restraint. what did you expect when you hit them with signs, scream in their faces, and shove them? All this shows that you have no respect for anyone but yourselves. And that is what is "kind of middle grade stupid."

Guest Guest
This just in!!!!

President Gerorge W Bush has decided to immediately recall all troops stationed over seas. The president stated that he was wrong for sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan and he wanted the full recall to begin immediately. "Not one soldier or member of our military personel shall remain outside of our country. The troops will be called home not only from Iraq but also Afghanistan and various other military bases around the world." When asked what prompted the troop recall which will end the war in the middle east, the president stated it was "because of our brilliant and determined young students from Binghamton Universtity whose effective protest and total disregard to civil obedience showed me that I was wrong." "They showed me that if they were willing to hold up traffic and shove the police, they must be right about the war" :lol::lol::lol:

thanks poptart.....you made me laugh today, that was funny......

@

Archived