Should "Pay-for-sex" be legalized?

Guest Guest

(Guest @ Mar 22 2008, 01:34 PM)

How about not having any grounds for divorce except that you no longer want to be married? It is pretty simple. The only people that use grounds are people that want to "shove it" to another. Grow up, move on

Interesting that you choose a weak attempt at insulting me, yet poptart and mouser both gave answers.

Is it me or did you get screwed over by "grounds"?

Tazz, the poster has a very good point. Men AND women both use this "married" thing a little to much and both sides try to HIDE what they are doing from the other.

When a man OR woman finds out about such affairs or hiring for sex, there are 3 things they go thru. First, HURT. Second, ANGER, Third REVENGE!

It is plain and simple. It's the same with all, no matter what they say. It was this way with both of us with our first spouce. Although Mrs. Mouser acted a little different then I did and handled things a little rougher then I, we both took care of our late spouces. During this, it taught us both something that we have enbedded in our heads. The main word is TRUST, but there are a few others that go along with it, and you whould have had to go thru it to know, as I am sure most do. We both ended up with FULL custody of our children, full child support, and the most important thing of all, SELF RESPECT !

We were introduced at a little get together for others going thru the same thing. At the time we did not know each other, but seemed to hit it of fairly well. After a few meeting, SHE asked me out to dinner. Being hurt still, I figured why not. Three weeks later, we got together, her kids, my kids, and a nice little picnic, all 6 of us. That was over some 20+ years ago.

Today, we are at the point that the changes in the human body effect the mind and will power to both be on the same page at the same time. We are both VERY secure and love each other more then we did the day we met. But as adults, we also realize that there are needs that need attention, and if it's between others, it is nothing but sex. When it's between us, IT's MAKING LOVE !

Catch out drift here ?

Paying for sex is not in the question for either of us, we have to many friends that are healthy and very well tuned into the feelings we have for each other. If you ever had a chance to see us in public, you would never know, but if you did, you would totally understand.

This subject is one for adults to answer to themselves and their spouce/gf/bf. We have no right to interfer. Although I will get BASHED to never never land, that is okay because it's the way WE are. And YES, we have morals, but take the adult attitude, knowing that our love for each other is not at risk because it's a nature thing that can not be controlled unless you pay out thousands of dollars to a doctor for this medi and that medi and then this medi to over come the reaction of that medi and it goes on and on and on. Some of you already know this. And some of you know that the MALE goes thru these same stages as the FEMALE.

Let the bashing begin !

Mouser, I am not going to bash you. The BIG difference is you and the Mrs agree on your lifestyle. What I think/feel is not important to that. The problem is if prostitution is legal and only ONE party in a marriage/relationship takes part in it, where does it leave the second party? Just where you yourself said, hurt, angry and revengeful. And that issue needs to be addressed if this is to ever become legal. Where in society does that leave divorce laws? Will they be changed to reflect if one party uses legal services then the second party can not divorce for adultry? Many (mostly men) have lost tons of money due to adultry....how would it be fair to make this legal, yet not protect them in some way from losing the butts in court?

One thing I do agree very strongly with you about is the need for open and honest communication between couples.

(Guest @ Mar 22 2008, 01:34 PM)

How about not having any grounds for divorce except that you no longer want to be married? It is pretty simple. The only people that use grounds are people that want to "shove it" to another. Grow up, move on

Tazz, the poster has a very good point. Men AND women both use this "married" thing a little to much and both sides try to HIDE what they are doing from the other.

When a man OR woman finds out about such affairs or hiring for sex, there are 3 things they go thru. First, HURT. Second, ANGER, Third REVENGE!

It is plain and simple. It's the same with all, no matter what they say. It was this way with both of us with our first spouce. Although Mrs. Mouser acted a little different then I did and handled things a little rougher then I, we both took care of our late spouces. During this, it taught us both something that we have enbedded in our heads. The main word is TRUST, but there are a few others that go along with it, and you whould have had to go thru it to know, as I am sure most do. We both ended up with FULL custody of our children, full child support, and the most important thing of all, SELF RESPECT !

We were introduced at a little get together for others going thru the same thing. At the time we did not know each other, but seemed to hit it of fairly well. After a few meeting, SHE asked me out to dinner. Being hurt still, I figured why not. Three weeks later, we got together, her kids, my kids, and a nice little picnic, all 6 of us. That was over some 20+ years ago.

Today, we are at the point that the changes in the human body effect the mind and will power to both be on the same page at the same time. We are both VERY secure and love each other more then we did the day we met. But as adults, we also realize that there are needs that need attention, and if it's between others, it is nothing but sex. When it's between us, IT's MAKING LOVE !

Catch out drift here ?

Paying for sex is not in the question for either of us, we have to many friends that are healthy and very well tuned into the feelings we have for each other. If you ever had a chance to see us in public, you would never know, but if you did, you would totally understand.

This subject is one for adults to answer to themselves and their spouce/gf/bf. We have no right to interfer. Although I will get BASHED to never never land, that is okay because it's the way WE are. And YES, we have morals, but take the adult attitude, knowing that our love for each other is not at risk because it's a nature thing that can not be controlled unless you pay out thousands of dollars to a doctor for this medi and that medi and then this medi to over come the reaction of that medi and it goes on and on and on. Some of you already know this. And some of you know that the MALE goes thru these same stages as the FEMALE.

Let the bashing begin !

There's no need for bashing, that was very well said....

The fact of the matter is,what goes on between two consenting adults is their business, not mine, not yours, and especially not the governments....

Should prostitution be legal?.......Absolutely!

@

Guest Guest
Interesting that you choose a weak attempt at insulting me, yet poptart and mouser both gave answers.

Is it me or did you get screwed over by "grounds"?

My reply wasn't about you...I don't even know you. I have seen people going through divorce wanting grounds, spying to find out something. My point was, if your mate doesn't want to be married to you or if you no longer want to be married, who cares about "grounds". There are relationships that accept adultery and there are others that do not. If your spouse is doing something that you can not tolerate than just get out. Adults should accept and move on. I don't believe that adultery should have legal implications. Seems in this country we always want to blame someone. No wonder the legal system is so tied up.

@

No it should not be legalized. It is immoral and biggest of all is the lack of self respect. How could a person sell their body and have any respect for themselves? This teaches men that women are just objects and not people with feelings. In the Bible it tells us that we should treat our bodies as a temple. Our body is just on loan from God. No one is perfect, but no legalizing prostitution would just create more problems in society than it would cure.

Guest Guest

And now todays paper we learn that our lawmakers are surprised that our ex-gov had to pay for it when you have all those interns giving it away!!

@

Guest Guest
No it should not be legalized. It is immoral and biggest of all is the lack of self respect. How could a person sell their body and have any respect for themselves? This teaches men that women are just objects and not people with feelings. In the Bible it tells us that we should treat our bodies as a temple. Our body is just on loan from God. No one is perfect, but no legalizing prostitution would just create more problems in society than it would cure.

So for the men that are visiting prostitutes illegally now how is making it legal going to change their mind about women as objects. And do you really think that a man that does not think of a woman as an object will change their mind because prostitution was legal? If a man can change his mind about what a woman is or is not that easily than his mind wasn't really made up much was it?

Look at most adverstisements, how are women depicted? Sex sells, and not because women are treated as complex human beings.

Guest Guest

I think that you meant to predeed your pronouncements with "in my opinion" - as there are many others that have differing opinions than yours.

So for the men that are visiting prostitutes illegally now how is making it legal going to change their mind about women as objects. And do you really think that a man that does not think of a woman as an object will change their mind because prostitution was legal? If a man can change his mind about what a woman is or is not that easily than his mind wasn't really made up much was it?

Look at most adverstisements, how are women depicted? Sex sells, and not because women are treated as complex human beings.

Good point! I should have said "In my opinion". I guess it wouldn't change a man's mind if it was legal. Men will think what they want about women and you are right about the ads, etc. I guess it has probably been like that since the beginning of time. Men look at women different than women look at men. Although we do have our moments when men are like a piece of meat to us. Depends on how hard up or how sexual you are feeling at the time.

Guest Guest
Good point! I should have said "In my opinion". I guess it wouldn't change a man's mind if it was legal. Men will think what they want about women and you are right about the ads, etc. I guess it has probably been like that since the beginning of time. Men look at women different than women look at men. Although we do have our moments when men are like a piece of meat to us. Depends on how hard up or how sexual you are feeling at the time.

by the way - that does not mean that I dont think you are correct, it just means that it is your opinion - thats all.

The P&SB is running a poll on this question. However to be included you have to give them a disertation as well as your name/address which I'm sure as you know is not possible in some situations.

However, this forum is very private allowing us to comment on such contriversial topics without fear of what our friends/neighbors will think of us.

Having said that, I believe that yes, if it's done properly, "pay-for-sex" should be legalized where it can be strictly controlled.

We all pay for sex whether you know it or not!

@

Guest slowpoke

The answer is YES. Not in a sarcastic way, but in the same way pot should be legal. Legalize it and tax it, then it won't be fun anymore!

@

Guest Guest
We all pay for sex whether you know it or not!

@

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well said!!! Add up the dates, dinners, movies, flowers gifts, engagement rings, wedding dresses, etc... MOST WOMEN ARE AT LEAST 5-FIGURE PROSTITUTES!!!

Guest Guest
Pay for sex is already legal......

it's called marriage.

I tried that once, what a b1tch. She didn't get a dime though lol.

I highly recommend Nevada where it's legal. Just be sure to agree on a price/activity/time before choosing a girl so you'll avoid the greedy ones.

Guest Guest
the only common sense I have is that it is wrong and it is immoral and degrading.....and I agree, one has to be desperate to pay for sex. Why else would you have to?

Oh.. maybe just because we are tired of hearing: "NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG" all day/night.

Any questions? :)

@

Guest Guest The Wife

I think prostitution should be legal, it's happening weather you're making $50.00 or $5000.00 hour… It doesn't discriminate against power, beauty, love, caring, esteem, and wealth, basically nothing. We should take after Amsterdam it is legal the women have to be checked for diseases twice a month, laws state that you must use condoms. Research it on the google and you'll see they have a very low STD rate. There are laws and taxes. They must carry their paperwork on them at all times. Women feed there children. Not that there are just pros, there are cons, woman feed there drug habits too. (Along with drugs come crime remember this people, but it will still continue in the underground world) We would never be able to collect all the taxes but at least if a hooker got picked up without her paperwork from the health department which if we made by law and it wasn't up to date and it showed a problem then she could be charged with a felony even attempted murder if she had HIV/AIDS. In some states in the US this is attempted murder, but not in NY. We should do something to change this law. This could actually save a lot of lives and make the government a lot of money. It's going to happen no matter what they do. And I didn't want to comment on the whole adultery thing but I couldn't help it. When you take your vows you promise to love, honor, and cherish until death do you part. Prostitution would still be adultery. That would be like saying while visiting one of the states out west where prostitution is legal I paid for sex but since it was a legal transaction it's not cheating. If you're getting it wet somewhere it's cheating!!! That sounds like you want to legalize prostitution just so you can go through a loop hole, or you're a lawyer or are in law school. What exactly are you trying to prove Off from this thread?

@

Archived