Crimes against Humanity

Brighteyes

Guest Expensive!
War is Hell, But What the Hell Does it Cost?

One Week at War in Iraq and Afghanistan for $3.5 Billion!!

In fact, the Bush administration's war costs have already moved beyond the human scale of comprehension.

But what if we were to try another tack? How about breaking those soaring trillions down into smaller pieces, into mere millions and billions? How much, for instance, does one week of George Bush's wars cost?

Glad you asked. If we consider the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan together -- which we might as well do, since we and our children and grandchildren will be paying for them together into the distant future -- a conservative single-week estimate comes to $3.5 billion. Remember, that's per week!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hillary Clinton
The use of depleted uranium weapons is a crime against humanity, a crime against all species, and a war against the earth. It is imperative that we demand a permanent international moratorium on the sale and the use of depleted uranium weaponry.

I remember when I accompanied Sinbad and Cheryl Crow to Bosnia! It was terrible!! I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base!

We were just trying to bring peace to those poor war torn countries but there was DEPLETED URANIUM flying all over the place!

If I am elected President, I will pass a WORLDWIDE LAW to prevent DEPLETED URANIUM!

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graha...actly-dangerous

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checke...ntures_par.html

Guest Guest

Chernobyl Radiation Equal to Everyday Risks - Study

http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cf...41223/story.htm

As much as I hate to agree with marius, he may be right that the risk from radiation is overblown.

I would like to add that if are going to use this scientific study to buttress any arguments you have against tree hugging hippie scum, you give the same weight to other scientific studies on issues that YOU disagree with.

Guest Guest

The radiation level of DU is low. It is an alpha-particle emitter. Alpha radiation is the weakest kind and can be blocked by a sheet of paper or by your skin.

The worst case scenario is if you ingested or breathed in the DU. If you somehow snorted a whole kilogram of DU up your nose the total radiation dose would be about 1 millisievert, the equivalent of two chest X-rays.

This issue is nothing more than BDS fever.

Guest Guest

DU ammunition is not the uranium these moonbats need to worry about us using.

Unfortunately for millions the use of our nuclears is becoming inevitable later, as they block any further military action today.

At least the Leftists will be happy to know that the first use of a nuclear will probably occur on US soil. That is likely the only thing that will get the general population to push them aside and allow rational self defense of the Republic.

The radiation level of DU is low. It is an alpha-particle emitter. Alpha radiation is the weakest kind and can be blocked by a sheet of paper or by your skin.

The worst case scenario is if you ingested or breathed in the DU. If you somehow snorted a whole kilogram of DU up your nose the total radiation dose would be about 1 millisievert, the equivalent of two chest X-rays.

This issue is nothing more than BDS fever.

Although blocked by the skin, alpha radiation can be inhaled, ingested and absorbed into the bloodstream through scratches and wounds. Taken from an article from CounterCurrents.org - Article by Irving Wesley Hall -23 March 2006 -NotinKansas.us-"Depleted Uranium for Dummies" Please check out this article - very informative. Here is some more tidbits from that same article -A DU shell bursts into flames as soon as it leaves the delivery device. When it hits a target, as much as 70% burns on impact at a high temperature, releasing into the air billions of invisible radioactive particles. This infinitesimally fine dust of aerosolized uranium oxide consists of metallic micro-particles that are smaller than viruses or bacteria. DU contamination causes virtually every known illness from acute skin rashes, severe headaches, muscle and joint pain, and general fatigue, to major birth defects, infection, depression, cardiovascular disease, brain tumors, and every other type of cancer. Uranium replaces calcium destroying teeth and bones. Check out the upsurge in Diabetes cases all over the world. Connection?

Just our weapons huh? And to avoid such due to war is What? It may be knowledge it doesn't give anwers just pointing of fingers as usual, the one sided pathetic scare tactics.

Your answer is? The anti-war crowd has many!

Guest Guest

Depleted uranium causes global warming too. Only Al Gore can save us from roasting alive with high blood sugar. A consensus of scientists backs this up. Just ask MSM.

PS: I don't want to confuse the issue but there is also strong evidence to suggest that tax cuts for the rich serves as a catalyst in the diabetes and global warming reactions.

/Moonbat Science Monitoring

Guest Guest

The hysterics surrounding DU and radiation have been well overblown over the last decade and a half. Some "Chicken Little's" use this to attempt to make a name for themselves. Others attempt to use this to try to "disarm" the military organizations who use DU to annihilate armored vehicles.

While there is a minuscule "risk" involved with DU, it's not nearly as "bad" as the "Chicken Little's" would have you believe. More hysterical squealing from those who believe they know best, IMO.

Thanks for the insults. Was only trying to show or educate people what a big, dangerous problem DU is. You are entitled to your thoughts and beliefs. Must be you like war and killing and want it to continue. I bet if your son or daughter came back from serving their country and had a grandchild for you and it was severly malformed from birth defects caused by DU contamination, you would feel differently. Someday soon maybe the truth will stop being suppressed by our government and others who have a stake in making money from this war. :(

Guest Guest
Thanks for the insults. Was only trying to show or educate people what a big, dangerous problem DU is. You are entitled to your thoughts and beliefs. Must be you like war and killing and want it to continue. I bet if your son or daughter came back from serving their country and had a grandchild for you and it was severly malformed from birth defects caused by DU contamination, you would feel differently. Someday soon maybe the truth will stop being suppressed by our government and others who have a stake in making money from this war. :(

Aha! Your mask just fell off. You could care less about DU. You just want the opportunity to vent your Leftist paranoias. Pitiful.

Aha! Your mask just fell off. You could care less about DU. You just want the opportunity to vent your Leftist paranoias. Pitiful.

P.S. I'm not a leftist. I am an independent and think for myself. Who needs a label. P.S. I'm not venting or paranoid. Have a good day.

Guest Guest

There is always a claque of activists who simply will pick up any stick with which to beat and demonize the United States. For them, the myth of severe DU toxicity is just another handy stick.

There is always a claque of activists who simply will pick up any stick with which to beat and demonize the United States. For them, the myth of severe DU toxicity is just another handy stick.

I for one am not trying to demonize the US. I love America, but when we are doing mass genocide of humans that makes us wrong and we have to take a stand for what is right for the good of all humankind, not just certain people or countries. It effects everyone of us. Please care. It doesn't matter what your political leanings are toward, this is a human problem and we have to make the government do something to make it stop and help the people who are already sick from this. This is more of a human rights problem and environmental problem.

Guest Guest
I for one am not trying to demonize the US. I love America, but when we are doing mass genocide of humans that makes us wrong and we have to take a stand for what is right for the good of all humankind, not just certain people or countries. It effects everyone of us. Please care. It doesn't matter what your political leanings are toward, this is a human problem and we have to make the government do something to make it stop and help the people who are already sick from this. This is more of a human rights problem and environmental problem.

You will be killed by a drunk driver before this harms you.

Guest Guest

MASS GENOCIDE??????????????

Al Gore..........Please call your office.

Guest Guest

I have done much reading of this very subject. I find it ironic how all the morons in this world try to equate depleted uranium with any affliction on humans. Basically, DU is 70% as radiated as the soil & rocks we all step on daily. Even by UN Environmental Program & WHO studies. They just won't let the lie die!

You will be killed by a drunk driver before this harms you.

Hey Thanks for that little tidbit. What goes around comes around.

Archived