Crimes against Humanity

Brighteyes

Over 70,000 deaths, over 1 million disabilities among American soldiers attributed to the Iraq War says US gov.data. Check out the paper called the Canadian with the article by Peter Tremblay and Libertyforlife.com researchers. At least 73,846 US soldiers have perished from the Depleted Uranium based bio-chemical warfare exposure. Over 200,000 American soldiers could be killed by 2010. Over 1 million US soldiers have been disabled from DU based biochemical exposure. Over 1 million Iraqis have been documented to have been killed. Birth defects are up 600% in Iraq. This is also happening to US veteran's children. Uranium from nuclear waste is very dense and possesses pyrophoric properties. Soldiers have been literally fried from the intense radio energy released from the mini DU atomic explosions. DU will continue killing for billions of years and could wipe out 1/3 of life on earth. Winds blow the uranium dust from US weapons around the world. This war isn't about terrorists, it is a ruling class elite plan for mass genocide. Why do we Americans continue to sit back and accept this? Let's stand up and be heard before more people die and for the sake of future generations. Please read these articles and educate yourself. Global warming is bad, but this is a real bad problem also that we must do something about. Think long and hard about this. Go on Rense.com and some of the other alternative news media web sites and please educate yourself. Thanks for letting me sound off. I am worried about the future of humankind. :angry:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest

Bright Eyes, that was a very thought provoking topic and post. It is pretty scary when it looks like the human race is out to obliterate itself. However, I don't believe many of the posters on BCV are of the concerned type.

@

We were talking about this (no, not on BC Voice but on more enlightened web sites) years ago. You're right, it is a crime against humanity. Here's another take from a dear friend and fellow activist;

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2291.htm

Depleted Uranium: The American Legacy

Thanks for the supportive post and the link to some good information. I do not understand why more people aren't replying to the post. Does no one care enough that probably thousands and possibly millions of people are going to die and there will be countless horrific suffering and birth defects and the DNA of people that are exposed to DU is affected for generations to come?

Guest Guest

The only reason governments are allowed to get away with this, the USA, China, N Korea, whoever.... is because of BLIND OBEDIENCE.

As long as human beings act like a bunch of mindless sheep, looking to be told how to live and what to think, it will happen over and over again.

Oh well..

@

Guest Guest

I've personally just given up after reading about the nuclear power plants in Connecticut. My assessment is that people and the government just don't care.

One interesting tidbit is that all City inspection and environmental documents regarding the areas around the nuclear power plants magically disappeared, concidentally after complaints about unfathomable rates of illnesses, cancers, and birth defects. We're talking about contamination via plutonium with a half-life (decay rate) of over 20,000 years.

Even if you care, you have to fight more than just the power plant owners, if you know what I mean. The same goes for the point made by the OP.

@

Guest Beware!
Thanks for the supportive post and the link to some good information. I do not understand why more people aren't replying to the post. Does no one care enough that probably thousands and possibly millions of people are going to die and there will be countless horrific suffering and birth defects and the DNA of people that are exposed to DU is affected for generations to come?

The NeoCons are trying to fullfill bible prophecy and are doing their darnest to speed up the end of the world.

@

Over 70,000 deaths, over 1 million disabilities among American soldiers attributed to the Iraq War says US gov.data. Check out the paper called the Canadian with the article by Peter Tremblay and Libertyforlife.com researchers. At least 73,846 US soldiers have perished from the Depleted Uranium based bio-chemical warfare exposure. Over 200,000 American soldiers could be killed by 2010. Over 1 million US soldiers have been disabled from DU based biochemical exposure. Over 1 million Iraqis have been documented to have been killed. Birth defects are up 600% in Iraq. This is also happening to US veteran's children. Uranium from nuclear waste is very dense and possesses pyrophoric properties. Soldiers have been literally fried from the intense radio energy released from the mini DU atomic explosions. DU will continue killing for billions of years and could wipe out 1/3 of life on earth. Winds blow the uranium dust from US weapons around the world. This war isn't about terrorists, it is a ruling class elite plan for mass genocide. Why do we Americans continue to sit back and accept this? Let's stand up and be heard before more people die and for the sake of future generations. Please read these articles and educate yourself. Global warming is bad, but this is a real bad problem also that we must do something about. Think long and hard about this. Go on Rense.com and some of the other alternative news media web sites and please educate yourself. Thanks for letting me sound off. I am worried about the future of humankind. :angry:

Where do I start???

1) At the height of the Iraq war there was no more than 150,000 soldiers in Iraq (give or take), don't you think people would be saying something if 50% of everybody that was sent over there died?

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/wariniraq/a/troops.htm

2) there is ONLY 1,422,967 soldiers in the ENTIRE US military, including the reserves, and you are telling me 1,000,000 of them have been disabled?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_soldier...the_US_military

3) You say there has been 1,000,000 Iraqi deaths, you say that is documented, where is that document? I see about 90,000 or so.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/?

4) Radio energy is virtually harmless, it is the gamma particles from radiation that damages cells. And there is NO atomic explosion from depleted ammunition, you for 1 are using DEPLETED materials that don't have the capacity to start a chain reaction, and 2 the energy needed to start a reaction is its self quite tremendous, a armor piercing uranium shell traveling at any speed does NOT have the energy needed to start a reaction. As for the increase in birth defects, it is not 600% as you say, but 20%.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/may2005/iraq-m10.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon

5) Billions of years? That is the very reason it is ok to be used! Because of the incredibly long half life (4.5billion years) depleted uranium is very very very weakly radioactive. For something to be radioactive it has to decay giving off particles over time, so the incredibly slow decay of DU is a good thing, because it gives off so little radioactivity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium

6) The wind does not blow the dust from guns or bombs (aside from HUGE nuclear explosions) for that matter around the world. Have you ever fired a gun before?

http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/distance/gg101/.../program26.html

See what i just did? I totally debunked your entire post and...make sure you listen to this very carefully....BACKED UP MY EVIDENCE! You say for people to "Go on Rense.com and some of the other alternative news media web sites and please educate yourself" I think you should take your own advise. But stay away from those stupid nut job web sites and open a book from time to time. That does not mean read a book written by some of these morons you get your information from either. If you are truly "worried about the future of humankind" then you should understand that there is a group of people in the world that want you forced to ride in the back seat of a car and not have the right to vote and beat you if you disagree with them.......there own STATED goal in the koran (their bible) is A ENTIRE MUSLIM WORLD, and if people don't convert they will be killed.

I've personally just given up after reading about the nuclear power plants in Connecticut. My assessment is that people and the government just don't care.

One interesting tidbit is that all City inspection and environmental documents regarding the areas around the nuclear power plants magically disappeared, concidentally after complaints about unfathomable rates of illnesses, cancers, and birth defects. We're talking about contamination via plutonium with a half-life (decay rate) of over 20,000 years.

Even if you care, you have to fight more than just the power plant owners, if you know what I mean. The same goes for the point made by the OP.

@

Nuclear power is the safest form of energy humans can create now.

@

I went through all that trouble to respond to you and you don't reply at all.....that is not very nice.

Marius, I'm sorry I didn't reply to you yet, but I just saw the post before I went to work this morning and didn't have time to respond to you yet. I appreciate the trouble you went through and I need to do some more research myself before I respond approiately. I still disagree with you on some of the points you made I just need time to look it up. Sorry, but I didn't get home till almost 6:00 and had to throw some dinner in the oven. I'm not ignoring you. If you find any more evidence of your point of view I would be glad to consider it. At least you took the time to try to debate it intelligently. I enjoy a good debate. Thank you.

Marius, I'm sorry I didn't reply to you yet, but I just saw the post before I went to work this morning and didn't have time to respond to you yet. I appreciate the trouble you went through and I need to do some more research myself before I respond approiately. I still disagree with you on some of the points you made I just need time to look it up. Sorry, but I didn't get home till almost 6:00 and had to throw some dinner in the oven. I'm not ignoring you. If you find any more evidence of your point of view I would be glad to consider it. At least you took the time to try to debate it intelligently. I enjoy a good debate. Thank you.

No problem at all. I will be waiting. ;)

@

Where do I start???

1) At the height of the Iraq war there was no more than 150,000 soldiers in Iraq (give or take), don't you think people would be saying something if 50% of everybody that was sent over there died?

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/wariniraq/a/troops.htm

2) there is ONLY 1,422,967 soldiers in the ENTIRE US military, including the reserves, and you are telling me 1,000,000 of them have been disabled?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_soldier...the_US_military

3) You say there has been 1,000,000 Iraqi deaths, you say that is documented, where is that document? I see about 90,000 or so.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/?

4) Radio energy is virtually harmless, it is the gamma particles from radiation that damages cells. And there is NO atomic explosion from depleted ammunition, you for 1 are using DEPLETED materials that don't have the capacity to start a chain reaction, and 2 the energy needed to start a reaction is its self quite tremendous, a armor piercing uranium shell traveling at any speed does NOT have the energy needed to start a reaction. As for the increase in birth defects, it is not 600% as you say, but 20%.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/may2005/iraq-m10.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon

5) Billions of years? That is the very reason it is ok to be used! Because of the incredibly long half life (4.5billion years) depleted uranium is very very very weakly radioactive. For something to be radioactive it has to decay giving off particles over time, so the incredibly slow decay of DU is a good thing, because it gives off so little radioactivity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium

6) The wind does not blow the dust from guns or bombs (aside from HUGE nuclear explosions) for that matter around the world. Have you ever fired a gun before?

http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/distance/gg101/.../program26.html

See what i just did? I totally debunked your entire post and...make sure you listen to this very carefully....BACKED UP MY EVIDENCE! You say for people to "Go on Rense.com and some of the other alternative news media web sites and please educate yourself" I think you should take your own advise. But stay away from those stupid nut job web sites and open a book from time to time. That does not mean read a book written by some of these morons you get your information from either. If you are truly "worried about the future of humankind" then you should understand that there is a group of people in the world that want you forced to ride in the back seat of a car and not have the right to vote and beat you if you disagree with them.......there own STATED goal in the koran (their bible) is A ENTIRE MUSLIM WORLD, and if people don't convert they will be killed.

Marius, Here are a couple things I just looked up about the DU. It will take me some time and more research that I do not have time for tonight to do. As I find items I will let the board know. 1) Of the 700,000 US Veterans of the first Gulf War, more than 240,000 are on permanent medical disability and 11,000 are dead. 2) The half-life of Uranium -238 is 4.5 billion years and as it decays it spawns other deadly radioactive by-products. 3) Radioactive fallout from DU apparently blew far and wide following the initial US bombardment of Iraq in 2003. DU particles traveled 2400 miles to Great Britain in about a week, where atmospheric radiation quadrupled. Got this off uruknet.info where some of this info comes from Moret(an independent US scientist) and Dr. Helen Caldicott(prominent anti nuclear crusader) and Marius "Yes" I have fired a gun before and took a hunter safety course. I even killed a 5 point buck when I was younger. Here is just something to get started with.

Marius, that was an excellent reply to this thread. It must have taken a long time to back yourself up with all those sources.

The subject of depleted uranium has come up on bcvoice before, albeit several years ago. The original poster cited thousands of birth defects, in Iraq, that were supposedly attributed to depleted uranium exposure. They even posted several pictures. Problem was that there was never any proof that the pictures ever had anything to do with depleted uranium or that they were even taken in Iraq.

I have seen an article on the Discovery Channel where the military believes depleted uranium is very useful as shielding from armor piercing rounds. Ironically, it is also useful as an armor piercing round, since it is 1.7 times denser than lead. The next best candidate for such a use is tungsten which is only widely available from China. The Discovery Channel also reported depleted uranium to be useful to give us our best estimate of the actual age of the Earth, around 4.5 billion years, which, as you mentioned, is just about the same as its half-life.

Scott

@

Here is some more info on DU for anyone that is interested. D.U. emits 3 types of ionizing radiation:alpha and beta particles and photons. Alpha radiation can be inhaled, ingested and absorbed into the blood stream through scratches and wounds. Besides being physically radioactive it is also chemically toxic. This comes from a June 2002 National Radiological Protection board report. Also, a study in April 2003 New Scientist magazine suggested that D.U. toxicity combines synergistically with its radioactivity to produce more serious effects. Geologist Leuren Moret is an independent scientist and internationally recognized expert on radiation, D.U. and public health. She estimates that "one millionth of a gram{of depleted uranium}accumulating in a person's body would be fatal. There are no known methods of treatment." For more info every military family should watch Beyond Treason. Every high school should play the DVD for students subjected to military recruitment. D.U. may transform semen into a caustic alkali - just a nasty fact especially for you guys and the poor women who have sex with them. "As far back as 1979, Leonard Dietz, the retired NY State physicist, discovered that aerosolized DU particles less than a millionth of a meter in diameter can travel long distances."

@

Guest Guest
Marius, Here are a couple things I just looked up about the DU. It will take me some time and more research that I do not have time for tonight to do. As I find items I will let the board know. 1) Of the 700,000 US Veterans of the first Gulf War, more than 240,000 are on permanent medical disability and 11,000 are dead. 2) The half-life of Uranium -238 is 4.5 billion years and as it decays it spawns other deadly radioactive by-products. 3) Radioactive fallout from DU apparently blew far and wide following the initial US bombardment of Iraq in 2003. DU particles traveled 2400 miles to Great Britain in about a week, where atmospheric radiation quadrupled. Got this off uruknet.info where some of this info comes from Moret(an independent US scientist) and Dr. Helen Caldicott(prominent anti nuclear crusader) and Marius "Yes" I have fired a gun before and took a hunter safety course. I even killed a 5 point buck when I was younger. Here is just something to get started with.

1) There were approximately 488,000 us troops in the first gulf war, not 700,000. Of those 161,000 are on disability, and most if not all of the cases involving gulf war sickness are attributed to the CHEMICAL weapon stockpiles that were in Iraq that US troops destroyed, not DU.

http://www.democracyrising.us/content/view/50/74/

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=30664

2) Saying something is deadly because it is "radioactive" is a misnomer. Everything on the planet is radioactive, INCLUDING YOU. It is the RATE and TYPE of the radiation decay that causes damage. Just because something is called DU does not mean it is deadly, quite the contrary, because of its extremely slow decay it is less harmless that a smoke detector. And radiation does NOT spawn other radioactive byproducts.

http://www.uic.com.au/ral.htm

http://www.anawa.org.au/health/radiation.html

3) The wind from the gulf does NOT travel to England on any direct route. It travels east, not west to Europe.

http://geography.uoregon.edu/envchange/cli...flash/mslp.html

Guest Guest
Here is some more info on DU for anyone that is interested. D.U. emits 3 types of ionizing radiation:alpha and beta particles and photons. Alpha radiation can be inhaled, ingested and absorbed into the blood stream through scratches and wounds. Besides being physically radioactive it is also chemically toxic. This comes from a June 2002 National Radiological Protection board report. Also, a study in April 2003 New Scientist magazine suggested that D.U. toxicity combines synergistically with its radioactivity to produce more serious effects. Geologist Leuren Moret is an independent scientist and internationally recognized expert on radiation, D.U. and public health. She estimates that "one millionth of a gram{of depleted uranium}accumulating in a person's body would be fatal. There are no known methods of treatment." For more info every military family should watch Beyond Treason. Every high school should play the DVD for students subjected to military recruitment. D.U. may transform semen into a caustic alkali - just a nasty fact especially for you guys and the poor women who have sex with them. "As far back as 1979, Leonard Dietz, the retired NY State physicist, discovered that aerosolized DU particles less than a millionth of a meter in diameter can travel long distances."

@

Like I said everything on the planet emits radiation. And if you hate the military so much how can you with a straight face exercise the rights you have that are protected by THE MILITARY. Were you happy when that recruitment office was bombed in NYC a few weeks ago? What have you sacrificed for the country you live in? The military has suffered and died to protect people like you and me, and they have been treated like shit by the very people they die for. If it were not for the military people like you "the free thinkers" :rolleyes: would be the first to be liquidated by the government. You want that crappy film showed in schools? Then it must also be OK to show the other side of that too right? School is a place where kids should be thought how to LEARN! Not thought WHAT to learn. Do you know what culture also indoctrinates kids into their way of thinking??? I'll tell you, the Islamists! the very people the military is protecting you from!

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/378

and here a bunch of nice children,s shows from the middle east:

http://www.pmw.org.il/tv%20part3.html

Is that what you want in the USA???

Guest Guest-Common Sense-*

The use of depleted uranium weapons is a crime against humanity, a crime against all species, and a war against the earth. It is imperative that we demand a permanent international moratorium on the sale and the use of depleted uranium weaponry.

Guest Guest

The American legacy in Afghanistan and Iraq is uranium-based weaponry that alters the ecological system, and condemns Afghanis, Iraqis, and U.S. military personnel as well as future generations to long-lasting suffering. This, by definition is wanton and reckless use of weapons-of-mass-destruction.

The American legacy in Afghanistan and Iraq is uranium-based weaponry that alters the ecological system, and condemns Afghanis, Iraqis, and U.S. military personnel as well as future generations to long-lasting suffering. This, by definition is wanton and reckless use of weapons-of-mass-destruction.

War is Hell. It is supposed to be Hell. My only regret is that America no longer knows how to properly prosecute warfare.

Archived