How do you fix a broken heart?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I am in a situation where I had to break off a relationship with someone that I really care about but cannot be with because of other obligations. I am heart broken and can't shake this shitty feeling. What can I do to feel better about doing the right thing?

Guest Guest
I am in a situation where I had to break off a relationship with someone that I really care about but cannot be with because of other obligations. I am heart broken and can't shake this shitty feeling. What can I do to feel better about doing the right thing?

puff a fat blunt!

Pick an activity and channel your energy into it. It will give you something to do to help take away the lonely feeling, and will also give you the opportunity to meet new people. One thing I like to do when in your situation is put my heart and soul into a gym workout. I go every day whether I want to or not, and usually leave feeling much better.

There isn't much you can do from what I have learned from past relationships. It hurts and makes you feel really rotten. Just try to still be decent to the person, cause it really sucks when someone breaks up with you and then just completely ignores you. Time seems to make it a little better but it seems like you always feel guilty for hurting someone even years later. Just hang in there and go with the feelings. It is part of the healing. I don't think anyone ever really gets over a broken heart.

Guest Guest
Pick an activity and channel your energy into it. It will give you something to do to help take away the lonely feeling, and will also give you the opportunity to meet new people. One thing I like to do when in your situation is put my heart and soul into a gym workout. I go every day whether I want to or not, and usually leave feeling much better.

I've tried that and I still got this shitty feeling and can't stop thinking about it. I have worked out hard and the only thing that gets me is tired and sore. I have been working like a dog and that doesn't help. :(

Guest Guest
I've tried that and I still got this shitty feeling and can't stop thinking about it. I have worked out hard and the only thing that gets me is tired and sore. I have been working like a dog and that doesn't help. :(

sex and lots of it!

Guest Guest
There isn't much you can do from what I have learned from past relationships. It hurts and makes you feel really rotten. Just try to still be decent to the person, cause it really sucks when someone breaks up with you and then just completely ignores you. Time seems to make it a little better but it seems like you always feel guilty for hurting someone even years later. Just hang in there and go with the feelings. It is part of the healing. I don't think anyone ever really gets over a broken heart.

I don't have a bad feeling for this person and care more for them than I have ever for anyone! It sucks that things have to be the way that they are and this feelings really are bad.

Guest Guest
That's a thought, but wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of doing the right thing?

no not at all ! friends with benifits is also good!

I just thought of something. If you really feel this strongly about the person why break it off? What other obligations could be more important that you would let them get in the way and lose this special person you may never have a chance with again? Why do people do this to themselves? Go for the relationship, don't lose this relationship. Rethink! Just my advice.

Guest Guest
I just thought of something. If you really feel this strongly about the person why break it off? What other obligations could be more important that you would let them get in the way and lose this special person you may never have a chance with again? Why do people do this to themselves? Go for the relationship, don't lose this relationship. Rethink! Just my advice.

Children

When you have children, they become part of a package deal in future relationships. It hurts when the other person can't or won't accept them. However, I have to say you are a great parent if you chose your children over the relationship.

Now, if your children are adults, that is a whole other topic.:D

Guest slowpoke

pay for sex......ruff and tuff sex.......just work it out bud

Guest Guest
When you have children, they become part of a package deal in future relationships. It hurts when the other person can't or won't accept them. However, I have to say you are a great parent if you chose your children over the relationship.

Now, if your children are adults, that is a whole other topic.:D

You are missing the point (I am a bit reluctant to tell the whole story)

It isn't that the person I care about can't or won't accept my child, it is that I am in a relationship with the other parent that I am keeping together because of the children. I have met someone that I really click with and because of the children I am not able to explore that relationship.

Guest Guest
pay for sex......ruff and tuff sex.......just work it out bud

You sound like a person with experience in situations like this, don't you have any better advice than that?

Guest slowpoke
You sound like a person with experience in situations like this, don't you have any better advice than that?

I say that it sucks to have to lose someone you love for whatever reasons. Obviously, there is some info being left out as to why one must leave the other, but its my opinion, and my opinion only ( as I speak for no one but myself) that if this person needs to move on and forget, then by god.....do it with a bang, and let by-gones be by-gones. I mean no disrespect, but coming on a forum such as this and asking for advice without all of the pertinent info leaves the poster open to certain criticisms. Look at it from a different point of view, and not from one so one sided

It isn't that the person I care about can't or won't accept my child, it is that I am in a relationship with the other parent that I am keeping together because of the children. I have met someone that I really click with and because of the children I am not able to explore that relationship.

Oh, sorry!

Guest slowpoke
You have all of the info you need there Poke! What else is there to tell?

I guess I don't see it.....I read each one, and maybe I am just too tired tonight. I hope all ends well in this thread.

@

Children

Take care of yourself and your children. Take things slow and find yourself again. You never know what is going to happen and who you are going to meet. Things happen for a reason and sometimes they work out better. You need to give yourself some space and not rush into anything. Things happen when you least expect them. Theres a million men out there and you will find somene who will accept you as you are. Take care.

@

Guest Guest

QUOTE (b @ Mar 25 2008, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take care of yourself and your children. Take things slow and find yourself again. You never know what is going to happen and who you are going to meet. Things happen for a reason and sometimes they work out better. You need to give yourself some space and not rush into anything. Things happen when you least expect them. Theres a million men out there and you will find somene who will accept you as you are. Take care.

@

Thanks for the classic 70's pop psychology.

Guest Guest

I guess I dont get it. Why would you even consider starting anything with another person if you are already in a relationship? No, I am not judging you so please dont think that, just wondering is all. Second, I dont agree with the "stay together for the children" thing. They can sense that their parents dont have a "normal" relationship and that can be hard on them. Dont you think that they would rather see both of their parents happy than staying together and being unhappy? I came from divorced parents and I turned out just fine. I personally am glad they did not stay together because they are happier now. Happy parents = happy children. A stressful or barely there parental relationship can be hard on children.

Archived