The Pine Lounge hits the big 4-0

Guest Froggy

Guest Froggy

Thursday March 27th marks the 40th year of operation for the landmark westside establishment. Comments from back in the day? Please share.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pine Lounger from way back
Thursday March 27th marks the 40th year of operation for the landmark westside establishment. Comments from back in the day? Please share.

THE PINE ROCKS!!! :P

Guest Bobby Baja

Will Stubby be there???

@

Guest Guest
Never drink the beer from the taps - always get bottles.

We all know you cant drink from the glasses there. As far as bottles does he still have bottled beer? Last I knew he was going to the grocery store stocking up on canned beer and selling that. The place should have been shut down years ago. Good thing Hack works as a snitch for BPD or it would have been.

Guest Bud drinker

Never forget when Goetzy(David), beat up the bar. I walked in and about five or six people where crying and moping during the aftermath. A real classic!! Best bar I've ever drank in and I'm about 54 and not a west sider or did I go to Catholic Central or Central but by Jesus, I did drink Bud and I loved it! Congrads to Hack and the crew and the founder, I believe Keifer? Is he still alive?

@

Guest guest

Dan Deer and Bill Reifler were the original owners of the Pine. It was a great place to hang out. To bad Hack couldn't have run it like Reifler did.

Guest omgomgomg

As someone who is against the drinking age being 21, I feel the Pine Lounge is doing its duty to allow people under that age to obtain alcohol! YAYS!

Guest Guest
Dan Deer and Bill Reifler were the original owners of the Pine. It was a great place to hang out. To bad Hack couldn't have run it like Reifler did.

I can still taste the pines famous breakfasts back then...i mean yum

@

Guest guest
FROM ABOUT '88 TO ABOUT '95 I WAS A FIXTURE THERE..... I ONLY GO ONCE EVERY TWO MONTHS OR SO NOW. LOVE THE PLACE

who were the regulars there at that time - what hot girls

Guest someone who knows
who were the regulars there at that time - what hot girls

Duh! It is the "gay" bar of the westside, only men hang out there.

Guest backintheday
I can still taste the pines famous breakfasts back then...i mean yum

@

OMG remember when someone threw up in the toaster..that was the end of breakfast as we knew it!

Ah the 70s....3 mixed drinks for a buck, $1.50 pitchers....Spend $10 and you were either very generous or they poured you out the door at closing. Great weekend brunch. It was very "Cheers" like. You had a great time in the Pine. Now that I am older it is a great place to catch a game in the afternoon. Hack is a hoot.

@

Ah the 70s....3 mixed drinks for a buck

Boy, do I remember that!!!

Great place to start the night. :P

OMG remember when someone threw up in the toaster..that was the end of breakfast as we knew it!

Thankfully, I do NOT remember this, but it made me chuckle.

Archived