It must be against the law on bc voice

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
They approach cops and you don't know your DELETED from hole in the ground..........

If they approach cops then why don't you read more about it in the police blotter? I have yet to see anything (ever) in the blotter about dealers getting busted approaching cops. That's just stupid.

You haven't "shopped" downtown lately, as you put it in your previous post. Obviously, your dealer now delivers.

Guest Guest
Nobody said it wasn't "good" that there are jobs coming downtown.

I simply would remind everyone that in the big scheme of things....downtown has a looooooooooooooooong way to go to make up for the job losses, store closings and empty storefronts.

In fact, the Lane Construction jobs represent a miniscule (at best) increase due to the fact that the article in the paper reporting the Lane move into the Smyk building mentioned that Smyk was closing his law firm....one might argue therefore that in all likelihood, those Smyk employed at the firm could end up losing their jobs....so the increase in downtown employment isn't all that big (if there is any at all)

That's not to say that it isn't a "good thing"....of course it is...but the idea that Ryan characterized the Lane move as "evidence" of downtown's rebirth and revival is totally asinine and absurd.

Earlier in the week, Ryan was trying to justify the 42 percent increase in water rates by claiming he had no choice because the city continues to lose population.

Ryan can't have it both ways.....it defies all logic to insist your city is undergoing a rebirth and renaissance and revival while at the same time the city continues to lose population.

perhaps you did not see the post that said smyk moved across the street to HH&K - that six jobs moved across the street and 40 jobs moved in.

Guest Guest
There isn't a single socio-economic indicator to suggest that there are more people living and working in downtown than there were 2 years ago.

If there is one...please cite it.

I have - post less and read more

Guest Guest
perhaps you did not see the post that said smyk moved across the street to HH&K - that six jobs moved across the street and 40 jobs moved in.

Perhaps you didn't see the post detailing the hundreds of jobs from Doron, BSB, Home Insurance, Knovel, Coughlin and Gerhart, and Morgan Stanley that have left downtown.

Can you explain how it's possible for a city to continue to lose population, lose 200 million dollars in assessed value and still experience a renaissance, rebirth and revival?

Guest Guest
I have - post less and read more

Humor us...post it again.

It might be beneficial to those who haven't previously been blessed by your posting generosity and had the opportunity to read it.

Guest Guest

WOW! You people are so jacked up and in such hope that things are bad and that there is never any good ness around here - that even when confronted with good news, you have to somehow pretend it is not true and work your damndest to try and counter it with as much bad news as posiible. You are truly sad and pathetic!

More people live and work downtown than three years ago - more businesses operate downtown than three years ago. But you simply can not be happy about that - Noooooo - you have to somehwo say "well this business left - or thaty business left - damn the facts, I want things to be bad so badly that I will pretend they are bad even in the face of good news. Sad and pathetic are even light words to use for the likes of you people. It is no wonder your life consists of posting negative shitt on online forums - you have no life.

Guest Guest
WOW! You people are so jacked up and in such hope that things are bad and that there is never any good ness around here - that even when confronted with good news, you have to somehow pretend it is not true and work your damndest to try and counter it with as much bad news as posiible. You are truly sad and pathetic!

More people live and work downtown than three years ago - more businesses operate downtown than three years ago. But you simply can not be happy about that - Noooooo - you have to somehwo say "well this business left - or thaty business left - damn the facts, I want things to be bad so badly that I will pretend they are bad even in the face of good news. Sad and pathetic are even light words to use for the likes of you people. It is no wonder your life consists of posting negative shitt on online forums - you have no life.

I'll be happy about it when it's true.

In the meantime...STFU.

Guest Guest

You keep changing the line.

One post it's "more people working and living downtown than a year ago" and the next it's "three years ago."

You also claim to have posted this mysterious list of proof of more business and employed residents, and yet you continue to refuse to repost it.

Your evasion is painfully obvious. Give up already.

Guest Guest

One post it's "more people working and living downtown than a year ago" and the next it's "three years ago."

You also claim to have posted this mysterious list of proof of more business and employed residents, and yet you continue to refuse to repost it.

Actually - I thought I was pretty consistant with the since "ryan took over" comment - if I said something other than that I apologize, as that is what I meanst to say. Although it is probably technically correct to say one year - I do not have the data to show that, so I wont guess.

The list is not mysterious, it was posted on numerous ocassions. It is just that I would have to go back now and find each source once again (all because some on here so badly want things to be bad) when it is also painfully obvious that facts mean nothing to people on here. They will insist on things bbeing bad simply because they can not envision things any other way. It generally has to do with their own pathetic lives - their own disillusionament and the fact that they sit on online forums all day talking to each other about how dredful ife is.

Guest Guest

I just went through my posts and I dont see anywhere that I said "in one year". I consistantly said three years and on one ocassion I said since ryan took office.

40 from lane and 50 from mirabito are OK....but they don't come close to replacing the 100's lost from Home Insurance, Doron, BSB, Novel, Morgan Stanley, Coughlin and Gerhart, and others.

What was lost from Coughlin & Gerhart?

They moved from the old MM Plaza to the Press Bldg...did they let people go as well?

Guest Guest
Actually - I thought I was pretty consistant with the since "ryan took over" comment - if I said something other than that I apologize, as that is what I meanst to say. Although it is probably technically correct to say one year - I do not have the data to show that, so I wont guess.

The list is not mysterious, it was posted on numerous ocassions. It is just that I would have to go back now and find each source once again (all because some on here so badly want things to be bad) when it is also painfully obvious that facts mean nothing to people on here. They will insist on things bbeing bad simply because they can not envision things any other way. It generally has to do with their own pathetic lives - their own disillusionament and the fact that they sit on online forums all day talking to each other about how dredful ife is.

For me, it's not about being miserable about everything. It's more about being realistic.

I grew up here and have lived here for 40+ years. It's very sad to see what has happened to our cities.

My problem with Ryan is that he's doing nothing of any substance to reverse the downward spiral. I don't know him. I'd like to think he's not just trying to cash in on being Mayor and that his intentions are honorable. Based on what I've seen of his past, I can't say I think too highly of him, that he's a man of high integrity.

Regardess of his intentions, his actions are less than meaningless. He's doing nothing to stop the negative motion. What he's doing is adding to it with more taxes, higher water bills and padding his staff with meaningless positions, employing people who are doing virtually nothing.

We'd all be better off if he just sat in his office playing Xbox with Tarik for his 4 year term. At least he wouldn't be adding to the problems we already face.

"Positive thinking" alone won't bring progress to Bing. Neither will the Riverwalk, a roundabout or any of the other "tilting at windmills" ideas they've come up with.

I'm definately not politically conservative nor am I a stone cold liberal. I'm somewhere in between. Ryan's politics are so left leaning that it scares me for the future of Bing., and I own a home here.

I think if you asked around, you'd find that most of us residents aren't as down on City Hall as Ed A. is. We are despondent about Ryan, but not rabid, like Ed.

@

Guest Guest
For me, it's not about being miserable about everything. It's more about being realistic.

I grew up here and have lived here for 40+ years. It's very sad to see what has happened to our cities.

My problem with Ryan is that he's doing nothing of any substance to reverse the downward spiral. I don't know him. I'd like to think he's not just trying to cash in on being Mayor and that his intentions are honorable. Based on what I've seen of his past, I can't say I think too highly of him, that he's a man of high integrity.

Regardess of his intentions, his actions are less than meaningless. He's doing nothing to stop the negative motion. What he's doing is adding to it with more taxes, higher water bills and padding his staff with meaningless positions, employing people who are doing virtually nothing.

We'd all be better off if he just sat in his office playing Xbox with Tarik for his 4 year term. At least he wouldn't be adding to the problems we already face.

"Positive thinking" alone won't bring progress to Bing. Neither will the Riverwalk, a roundabout or any of the other "tilting at windmills" ideas they've come up with.

I'm definately not politically conservative nor am I a stone cold liberal. I'm somewhere in between. Ryan's politics are so left leaning that it scares me for the future of Bing., and I own a home here.

I think if you asked around, you'd find that most of us residents aren't as down on City Hall as Ed A. is. We are despondent about Ryan, but not rabid, like Ed.

@

I agree with almost everything you said.

But given that, I am not certain what that has to do with the fact that more people work downtown today than when he took office. More people live downtown today than when he took office and more businesses are downtown today than when he took office.

I am not a fan of the guy either, but I am not certain why when someone says something positive like the above, people insist it is not so because of their "personal experience" or their "perception". We should be happy when we see gains, instead people on here insist not seeing anything good and insisiting they are bad, even when they are not.

Does all this mean Binghamton has "turned around" - DELETED no! Does it mean ryan is doing a good job? DELETED no!! but it is fact and it does beat the alternative

@

Guest Guest
But given that, I am not certain what that has to do with the fact that more people work downtown today than when he took office. More people live downtown today than when he took office and more businesses are downtown today than when he took office.

@

To date, I still have not seen one "fact" posted here to back up your claims.

And....."more people living downtown" would have to mean more people with jobs, not street dealers, hookers, pimps, welfare recipients, people on Disability, etc.

If there are more businesses now than when Ryan came in, there can't be more than 3 or 4, which, considering all the empty stores there, isn't enough to constitute a difference of any kind.

I do know that there were a few food establishments downtown when Ryan took over that aren't here today. If there are more workers now, wouldn't they require more foodservice three times a day?

I will agree that there might be more people DRINKING downtown than when Ryan came in. They're called "college students."

@

Guest City Hall RAT
Nobody said it wasn't "good" that there are jobs coming downtown.

I simply would remind everyone that in the big scheme of things....downtown has a looooooooooooooooong way to go to make up for the job losses, store closings and empty storefronts.

In fact, the Lane Construction jobs represent a miniscule (at best) increase due to the fact that the article in the paper reporting the Lane move into the Smyk building mentioned that Smyk was closing his law firm....one might argue therefore that in all likelihood, those Smyk employed at the firm could end up losing their jobs....so the increase in downtown employment isn't all that big (if there is any at all)

That's not to say that it isn't a "good thing"....of course it is...but the idea that Ryan characterized the Lane move as "evidence" of downtown's rebirth and revival is totally asinine and absurd.

Earlier in the week, Ryan was trying to justify the 42 percent increase in water rates by claiming he had no choice because the city continues to lose population.

Ryan can't have it both ways.....it defies all logic to insist your city is undergoing a rebirth and renaissance and revival while at the same time the city continues to lose population.

Very good post with COMMON SENSE! This Administration doesn't have a bit of Intelligence to know their making fools of themselves everytime they make a statement!

Guest Guest
What was lost from Coughlin & Gerhart?

They moved from the old MM Plaza to the Press Bldg...did they let people go as well?

Sorry...I meant Levine Gouldin and Thompson.

They moved to Vestal.

Guest Guest
The list is not mysterious, it was posted on numerous ocassions. It is just that I would have to go back now and find each source once again about how dredful ife is.

Translation="I don't really have any facts to support my statement...I was making it up and you called me on it and this was the best lie I could come up with to cover my original lie."

@

Archived