Today is the day: hotel deal or not?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Why wouldn't they pursue this second offer? It does sound too good to be true, but anything sounds better than Nexus at this point. At least these guys look like they have their finances in order.

@

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

They have them in order now. They had them in order before.

As is usally the case with Matthew T. Ryan there is more going on here than meets the eye.

Watch, they wil not tak ethe better offer. They will find some ludicrous excuse, claim to have a better but unprovable deal with Nexus.

@

Guest Guest
Why wouldn't they pursue this second offer? It does sound too good to be true, but anything sounds better than Nexus at this point. At least these guys look like they have their finances in order.

@

Keep asking that question.

Write Letter to the Ediotr.

Call your TV station.

Mail your City Council person.

@

I don't know if Ronak will offer the same amount as before. While he indicated that they would buy it, I don't think the article makes clear that it would be for the same amount of money. The last paragraph I think refers to the original bid...

Why would they continue with a higher bid when the only other bidder can't get financing?

Me thinks the taxpayers are about to get hosed again!

@

Guest Guest

Well if Ronak coughs up at least the same as Nexus has been planing to for the last six months it won't be any worse.

Except that while we waited for Nexus not to deliver the City of Binghamton sunk tens, maybe, hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Hotel.

@

Guest Guest

Perhaps we should form a committee to evaluate the Ronak offer, then a committee to determine if we can accept it.

Finally we woudl need a committe to advise the public.

Guest Guest

@

How would you know that they have their finances in order?

Guest Guest
Well if Ronak coughs up at least the same as Nexus has been planing to for the last six months it won't be any worse.

Except that while we waited for Nexus not to deliver the City of Binghamton sunk tens, maybe, hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Hotel.

@

Or perhaps made money. You do not know.

I always have found that it is good to have information and not make assumptions before opening one's yap.

@

I always have found that it is good to have information and not make assumptions before opening one's yap.

@

Made money?

You do know that right now the City of Binghamton owes the federal government about $3,500,000 on that hotel right?

Every day it is open and owned by the city it is not paying taxes, or water fee or sewage fees. It is paying utility costs and salaries. No doubt its occupancy rate is now below 34% that it was earlier and the City must pay $5000 per month to a management company.

You think that place is making money!!!

No way....

Guest Guest
Made money?

You do know that right now the City of Binghamton owes the federal government about $3,500,000 on that hotel right?

Every day it is open and owned by the city it is not paying taxes, or water fee or sewage fees. It is paying utility costs and salaries. No doubt its occupancy rate is now below 34% that it was earlier and the City must pay $5000 per month to a management company.

No way....

Don't over reach Ed. It's shows poor thinking skills. Neither you nor I know that which you suppose.

Guest Guest

@

Yeah, I hear they're making so much money they are going to announce tomorrow that the water rate will be cut.

Guest Guest
Don't over reach Ed. It's shows poor thinking skills. Neither you nor I know that which you suppose.

You are wrong.

Millions are owned on the loan for The Regency. When Sarbro gave it to the City of Bignhamton the City of Binghamton inherited the debt.

The City does not pay taxes on it own property.

It does not pay itself for water and sewage.

It does pay NYSEG or another energy provider to heat and illuminate the place.

It does pay the $5000 per month management fee.

It does pay salaires.

About all you can argue is the occupancy rate.

Go ahead argue that...........

@

Guest Guest
Made money?

No way....

I did not say it was. I did not say it wasn't. What I said was - I don't have enough information to make that assuption or jedgement and neither do you.

Guest Guest
You are wrong.

Millions are owned on the loan for The Regency. When Sarbro gave it to the City of Bignhamton the City of Binghamton inherited the debt.

The City does not pay taxes on it own property.

It does not pay itself for water and sewage.

It does pay NYSEG or another energy provider to heat and illuminate the place.

It does pay the $5000 per month management fee.

It does pay salaires.

About all you can argue is the occupancy rate.

Go ahead argue that...........

@

Well, you do not know the occupancy rater either. You know what it was months ago, but you have no idea what it is now. It is always best to have information before coming to conclusions. When one makes assumptions based on their agenda, and pretends to have and know information, and then come to conclusions based on that pretending and assumptions, well........ let's just sayone should have information and facts before opening one's yap.

Guest Guest

Yes remember that promised transparency?????

"I promise tonight to move toward 100% transparency of all city projects and initiatives, a goal which I am committed to reach by the end of this year. Reports, summaries, meeting minutes, grant applications—all of the records, your records, will be available for review online.” Page 5 of 16 Feb. 13’ 08 State of the City Address, Matthew T. Ryan.

Sure, Matt, whatever you say..............

Guest Guest

So, Matt, what are the real numbers?

What is the plan?

How long will you wait for Nexus?

Will you continue to ignore the Ronak deal?

Are you truly insane?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
So, Matt, what are the real numbers?

What is the plan?

How long will you wait for Nexus?

Will you continue to ignore the Ronak deal?

Are you truly insane?

How much did the City lose today, Mattie, waiting for Nexus to pay up? Since October you have been blowing your smoke. You really cannot get anything right, can you!

Guest Guest
another week lost, more money down the drain....

Speaking of drains, since you're so worried about saving the taxpayers money perhaps you could do something about your organization's water bill.

@

Speaking of drains, since you're so worried about saving the taxpayers money perhaps you could do something about your organization's water bill.

@

My organizations' water bills are all paid. Perhaps you should do your homework. There are lots of organizations out there. You should be more specific. As i understand it there are 1500 outstanding bills, why are you concenred only about one of them?

I am buying a property in Bingo (the first one I ever owned ) and I am gonna see how longf they will let me go without paying the water bill

Did you get it for a dollar or was that just for Citizen Action supporters?

BTK, why don't you buy The Regency Hotel? You don't need to put any money down. You don't need to have any credit or references, you only need to say you will invest a lot of money in a few years and the City of Binghamton will hold the place for you for a year or so, at the same price, while you think about it.

Did you get it for a dollar or was that just for Citizen Action supporters?

BTK, why don't you buy The Regency Hotel? You don't need to put any money down. You don't need to have any credit or references, you only need to say you will invest a lot of money in a few years and the City of Binghamton will hold the place for you for a year or so, at the same price, while you think about it.

That would mean I would hav e to deal with that HOMO Ryan and I don't deal well with him!

Archived