Looking for a good christian church

Guest Guest

In my opinion the Catholic Church is nothing but an abomination to God and to all of mankind. Just look to that Church only if you you want to go straight to the gates of Hell. Inquisition study anyone? BTW, there is a reason that the Catholic Church is eaten up with pedophiles and homosexuals!

OMG! I an not believe I am going to say this, but hunter and I have found common ground on something!!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A nonprofit organization is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals

Does that include paying out lawsuits and hush money?

YES! YES!!! church is not about happiness! it should be about HELL and how we are all going to end up there if we do not follow the teachings and beliefs of AFC! How only he knows the true meaning of Christ and that anyone who even thinks about disagreeing with his visions and opinions of the bible and the church will rot in hell forever!!!

Not me, but the Catholic Church. What sends people to hell? Unforgiven mortal sins at the time of death.

Not me, but the Catholic Church. What sends people to hell? Unforgiven mortal sins at the time of death.

Unless of course you pay the Catholic Church to wave their magic wand and forgive these mortal sins.

Unless of course you pay the Catholic Church to wave their magic wand and forgive these mortal sins.

1441 Only God forgives sins.39 Since he is the Son of God, Jesus says of himself, "The Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" and exercises this divine power: "Your sins are forgiven."40 Further, by virtue of his divine authority he gives this power to men to exercise in his name.41

39 Cf. Mk 2:7.

40 Mk 2:5,10; Lk 7:48.

41 Cf. Jn 20:21-23.

1441 Only God forgives sins.39 Since he is the Son of God, Jesus says of himself, "The Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" and exercises this divine power: "Your sins are forgiven."40 Further, by virtue of his divine authority he gives this power to men to exercise in his name.41

Jesus didn't write that. Man wrote that.

You are very misguided and misinformed. God forgives sins. The priests are merely the instruments that God uses. Sins can't be forgiven without contrition. There is no magic wand, just the penitent and God. And, God can't be bribed.

A Faith. Or My Faith. Not THE Faith. ¿Comprende?

"I am the way, the truth, and the life" says the Lord. "Nobody comes to the Father but through me."

THE Faith!

I can't believe a simple question about church suggestions immediately turned into a religious debate. You people need a hobby. Either make a church suggestion, or shut up. (I'm not the OP by the way, just sick and tired of the idiots on here.)

I am new to the area and I'm looking to find a Christian church with a large young adult fellowship. Any suggestions?

Religion is simply the way primitive people explained the natural phenomenon around them. Christianity is just a remnant of this. Jesus is just the Hebrew version of the Egyption god Horus. Horus was invented 3000 years before Jesus was supposedly born. There are too many similarities between the two to be a coincidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-17BNU7L6g

You don't need religion to be a good person.

You are very misguided and misinformed. God forgives sins. The priests are merely the instruments that God uses. Sins can't be forgiven without contrition. There is no magic wand, just the penitent and God. And, God can't be bribed.

How do you know? It seems to me that God can forgive whomever he wants.

How do you know? It seems to me that God can forgive whomever he wants.

He will forgive sins if that forgiveness is ASKED in the way He wants it done. He doesn't go back against His own Word He gave to His own Apostles.

You don't need religion to be a good person.

Just being a "good person" doesn't get you into heaven. You can be good to other people and still refuse to believe in God.

ARTICLE 9

"I BELIEVE IN THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH"

Paragraph 3. The Church Is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic

811 "This is the sole Church of Christ, which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic."256 These four characteristics, inseparably linked with each other,257 indicate essential features of the Church and her mission. The Church does not possess them of herself; it is Christ who, through the Holy Spirit, makes his Church one, holy, catholic, and apostolic, and it is he who calls her to realize each of these qualities.

812 Only faith can recognize that the Church possesses these properties from her divine source. But their historical manifestations are signs that also speak clearly to human reason. As the First Vatican Council noted, the "Church herself, with her marvelous propagation, eminent holiness, and inexhaustible fruitfulness in everything good, her catholic unity and invincible stability, is a great and perpetual motive of credibility and an irrefutable witness of her divine mission."258

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And he called [unto him] his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all [they] did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, [even] all her living." - Mark 12:41-44

Matthew 16:19

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; WHATEVER you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." - Jesus to Peter, the first POPE.

1 Timothy 2:3-4

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

A nonprofit organization is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals

You see, I have this thousand year old book here, written by man, for man - to further his own political and economic power at the time it was written. since then it has been re-written at leat 100 times and change o reflect the needs of the powerful, to further their economic, political and religous needs. It has been changed so much and reinterpreted so much that it no longer is even recognizable as the same book that was written hundreds of years after the death of Christ. Despite all of this - on page blah blah blah - it says blah blah blah - which interpreted by me (and my interprdtation is the only interpretation that matters) means that I am always right, and you are always wrong - no matter what. I am the last word on the bible, me and me alone knows what it really means. If you disagree with me, or even have the audacity to think that you know it bettdr than I, well then you are destined to an eternity in hell. Because afterall - that is what the church is all about. convincing a bunch of turdheads that they will go to hell, unless they believe all the jibberish we speak and throw money into the collection basket. You are all guilty of sin and the only way not to be and to get into heaven is to come to us and confess that sin and give us money. then you will be allowed into heaven.

Oh - and I believe in talking snakes - the sun revolves around the moon - the earth is flat - the universe is only 6000 years old - dinasauer bones were put there by the devil to make us question our faith - and women were made from the rib of a man, which is why they must obey us.

He will forgive sins if that forgiveness is ASKED in the way He wants it done. He doesn't go back against His own Word He gave to His own Apostles.

Then you better ask His forgiveness for your being such a pompous azz, in the way He wants it done.

You see, I have this thousand year old book here, written by man, for man - to further his own political and economic power at the time it was written.

Christianity came before the bible. The bible is the product of the Catholic Church.

eopdfyy nbvxyuwelk jshhatwb jsjduudg bjakkuuidg ooocd kskkkcdkwkjdj ksnnkwkjwsdn ammnjknlqlkkljlke lkkskje joeufntylsjdfoof nkekkke afc is an idiot!

talking in tounges is fun

You see, I have this thousand year old book here, written by man, for man - to further his own political and economic power at the time it was written. since then it has been re-written at leat 100 times and change o reflect the needs of the powerful, to further their economic, political and religous needs. It has been changed so much and reinterpreted so much that it no longer is even recognizable as the same book that was written hundreds of years after the death of Christ. Despite all of this - on page blah blah blah - it says blah blah blah - which interpreted by me (and my interprdtation is the only interpretation that matters) means that I am always right, and you are always wrong - no matter what. I am the last word on the bible, me and me alone knows what it really means. If you disagree with me, or even have the audacity to think that you know it bettdr than I, well then you are destined to an eternity in hell. Because afterall - that is what the church is all about. convincing a bunch of turdheads that they will go to hell, unless they believe all the jibberish we speak and throw money into the collection basket. You are all guilty of sin and the only way not to be and to get into heaven is to come to us and confess that sin and give us money. then you will be allowed into heaven.

Oh - and I believe in talking snakes - the sun revolves around the moon - the earth is flat - the universe is only 6000 years old - dinasauer bones were put there by the devil to make us question our faith - and women were made from the rib of a man, which is why they must obey us.

;) Exactly!

Calvary's Love Church on Reynolds Road has a very big young adult body. They meet on Friday nights. The group is called "Rush Hour" or something like that. If you live in Johnson City, they will transport you to and from their church. The church is located up Reynolds Road past the J.C. High School on the opposite side. They are affiliated with the Pentecostal church. The group leader is the daughter of Pastor Jerry Terry.

Calvary's Love Church on Reynolds Road has a very big young adult body. They meet on Friday nights. The group is called "Rush Hour" or something like that. If you live in Johnson City, they will transport you to and from their church. The church is located up Reynolds Road past the J.C. High School on the opposite side. They are affiliated with the Pentecostal church. The group leader is the daughter of Pastor Jerry Terry.

Holy Crap! What the heck are they doing with a very big young adult body? Sounds a bit creepy to me!

I'll bet first Assembly Of God has an active and large youth organization. It's in Binghamton, at 254-255 Washington St.

OMG, another BORN AGAIN. I should have known

I am new to the area and I'm looking to find a Christian church with a large young adult fellowship. Any suggestions?

You were able to find this website, yet you cannot find a church?

Archived