Looking for a good christian church

Guest Guest

To support the Church. All throughout the Gospels. The Widow's Mite is a prime example. She gave her last penny and Christ approved.

Who wrote the Gospels?

My God doesn't need cash.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really because that priest would know that the Catholic Church has the fullness of the truth and protestant "churches" are not really church but "ecclesial communities"

Why would anyone belong to a "church" without the sacraments?

Why? Maybe you should listen to your Pope more?

Text of pope to other religions

My dear friends,

I am pleased to have this occasion to meet with you today. I thank Bishop Sklba for his words of welcome, and I cordially greet all those in attendance representing various religions in the United States of America. Several of you kindly accepted the invitation to compose the reflections contained in today’s program. For your thoughtful words on how each of your traditions bears witness to peace, I am particularly grateful. Thank you all.

This country has a long history of cooperation between different religions in many spheres of public life. Interreligious prayer services during the national feast of Thanksgiving, joint initiatives in charitable activities, a shared voice on important public issues: these are some ways in which members of different religions come together to enhance mutual understanding and promote the common good. I encourage all religious groups in America to persevere in their collaboration and thus enrich public life with the spiritual values that motivate your action in the world.

http://cnsblog.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/te...ther-religions/

Just being a "good person" doesn't get you into heaven. You can be good to other people and still refuse to believe in God.

yea right - in other words "if you don't believe in the same fairy tales as I do - then you go to hell - cuz I said so"

Why? Maybe you should listen to your Pope more?

Text of pope to other religions

My dear friends,

I am pleased to have this occasion to meet with you today. I thank Bishop Sklba for his words of welcome, and I cordially greet all those in attendance representing various religions in the United States of America. Several of you kindly accepted the invitation to compose the reflections contained in today�s program. For your thoughtful words on how each of your traditions bears witness to peace, I am particularly grateful. Thank you all.

This country has a long history of cooperation between different religions in many spheres of public life. Interreligious prayer services during the national feast of Thanksgiving, joint initiatives in charitable activities, a shared voice on important public issues: these are some ways in which members of different religions come together to enhance mutual understanding and promote the common good. I encourage all religious groups in America to persevere in their collaboration and thus enrich public life with the spiritual values that motivate your action in the world.

http://cnsblog.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/te...ther-religions/

So? Cooperation for the COMMON GOOD does not equal theological truth. The pope has never stated those that are not Catholic have the fullness of the truth.

For over 1500 yrs there was but ONE church, then the Protestant revoluion occurred. There is still ONE true church, and over 33000 Protestant denominations all claiming to be THE true church. Christ is not a polygamist, He has but ONE bride.

If you pursue the truth long enough you will set aside your pride and open your soul to the truth.

The truth will always be the truth whether it is politically popular or not.

I did not know Christ was married,

yea right - in other words "if you don't believe in the same fairy tales as I do - then you go to hell - cuz I said so"

You can be an atheist and still be good to your neighbor. What good would that do for you on the other side?

The earth is actually only 10,000 years old! The Grand Canyon was created during the Great Flood.

and those pesky dinosaur bones were put there by the devil to test our faith

The following essay is adapted from a tract I found at work. It says:

Only the Catechism reveals the glory of His Holiness. The Bible will only confuse people.

When the Caesars ruled the world their seat of power was in Rome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Caesars saw themselves as gods, but really they were only puppets in the hands of Satan. It was during the reign of Caesar Augustus that Jesus Christ left heaven to be born on earth. God took the form of flesh. As men are selfish, sinful brats in the eyes of God, and God won’t allow sin into heaven, Jesus came to fix all that. But death is the price of sin. So fixing it cost Him His life.

He shed His blood to wash away our sins so we could go to heaven. He died. On the third day He rose from the dead. The price of our sin was paid in full. This ruined Satan’s plans. Many of his people were leaving him and getting saved by Faith in Christ. He commanded his Caesars to slaughter the Christians. On a hill in Rome was an arena called the Circus where Christians were butchered to please Caesar Nero. In its center was a huge Egyptian obelisk which marked the future location of Satan’s office on Earth. That hill was called Vaticanus.

Years later, when Rome was in ruins and the Caesars were gone, the only obelisk left standing was the one on Vaticanus hill. So in the place where Satan enjoyed his bloody sacrifice, he created his own form of Christianity. His new religion brought back his Caesars, but with a new title. Now he was called the Pope. And on the same site he would build a magnificent Roman temple and call it the Vatican.

Today, Rome is still the seat of world power. She controls the UN, governments and the world finances. Her power is no longer blocked by Protestantism. It is all but gone and once again, all roads lead to Rome. Catholicism controls its members from the cradle to the grave. Let us look at one young person’s life from birth to death. His name is Anthony.

Little Anthony is born into a lovely Catholic family. The priest advises that Anthony be baptized before he dies or he will go to limbo. Now begins his journey as a faithful Catholic hoping for heaven. Anthony is baptized. He is now a member of the Roman system. Though the priest announces that Little Anthony has been born again, this is not what Jesus commanded; how can a baby understand what is going on and make a conscious choice?

Upon confirmation, Anthony is sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, but it is truly the Holy Spirit or some other visitor? Confirmation is said to bind a child into the Church. In the Church’s own words, he is in bondage. Anthony both loves and fears his priest, who claims to be a divine man equal to Jesus and the Holy Ghost and more powerful than the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Since the priest is inferior to God but superior to man, he appears to have magical abilities. When the priest pronounces the words of consecration, the incarnate Word (Jesus) has an obligation to obey. The priest claims that with these magic words (Hoc Est Enim Corpus Meum) turning a wafer into Jesus takes as much power as the creation of the world. The words of the priest create Jesus; this becomes a wafer god to be adored.

Anthony’s first communion is his most exciting religious experience yet because on this day, Anthony will eat his god. He must believe the wafer contains the body, soul and divinity of Christ. If he doesn’t, he will be cast into hell forever. Then Anthony must confess to his priest (instead of Jesus) to get rid of his sins. If the priest pardons Anthony, “God Himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest.”

Anthony deeply desires to be in heave with the Blessed Virgin, but to get there involves many works, prayers and giving to Mother Church. Anthony must go to confession every few weeks; he must never miss the Eucharist; he must pray the rosary daily and even pray to the saints. However, he is not to pray directly to Jesus.

And, when these faithful Catholics complete these works and their lives end, they are supposed to end up in purgatory. Nowhere in the Bible is there any mention of purgatory; purgatory doesn’t exist. Catholicism does not seem to care about your soul, only your money. If you take nothing else away from this essay, at least do not believe the lie of purgatory. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Luke 2:1

John 1:1,14

Romans 6:23

Symbolizing a male organ, used by the Masons world wide

Acts 8:36-37

St. Denis, The Dignity and Duties of the Priest, by St. Alphonsus Ligori. Chapter 1, Part 1

Ibid., Part 2

Pope Innocent III, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 1.

Ibid., Part 3.

St. Bernadine, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 4.

St. Jerome, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 4.

Ibid., Chapter 1, Part 3.

Acts 16:31

Wow. That's a lot of words.

to the Atheist: If im wrong then I just wasted my time if your wrong your toast. Dosent sound to me like a good bet.

And if you are both wrong, and God is not some sort of scorekeeper and vengeful enough to throw people in hell for eternity - instead sending all good people to haven, well then you both end up in the same place.

spare me the lecture about your book that tells you otherwise.

Wow. That's a lot of words.

...and a lot of BS since the concept of Purgatory comes from the Jews, specifically Malachi, one of the 7 books the protestants took out of the canon because it doesn't support their beliefs.

So? Cooperation for the COMMON GOOD does not equal theological truth. The pope has never stated those that are not Catholic have the fullness of the truth.

Now you are moving the goalposts. We were talking about why you should respect other religions instead of constantly denigrating them. Your priest nor your Pope wouldn't approve of you borish behavior.

I wonder if AFC even realises that he causes more harm than good for his religion. If there was ever a chance of me becoming a catholic, this guy destroyed it.

No, he is not aware of that. I remind him of that here often, but he blunders on with his arrogant holier than though, self obsessed, self absorbed ignorant posts

Just to offer my two cents, the Catholic Church considers its birth to be at Pentecost, which would make it as old or older than the Orthodox Church...

Which means what? that they came up with a bogus idea earlier?

And if you are both wrong, and God is not some sort of scorekeeper and vengeful enough to throw people in hell for eternity - instead sending all good people to haven, well then you both end up in the same place.

spare me the lecture about your book that tells you otherwise.

Thanks, god. Everyone gets to heaven! Even Mother Teresa and Hitler! Whatever....

Married priests are allowed in the Catholic Church. Eastern Rite Catholics and converted clergy from other Christian Faiths are allowed to be married before ordination. After ordination, NO ONE, either in Orthodoxy or Catholicism are allowed to get married.

1.) You must be married BEFORE you are ordained in the Eastern Rite Catholics.

2.) Converted clergy from other Christian Faiths can remain married, but not get married after ordination.

Since the very first century, BISHOPS were chosen from the celibate and it remains so until this very day: Catholics and Orthodox. Bishops ARE NOT chosen from the married in either Catholic or Orthodox. This is the way it was since the beginning.

You mean the boogered each other and molested little boys right from the start?

Now you are moving the goalposts. We were talking about why you should respect other religions instead of constantly denigrating them. Your priest nor your Pope wouldn't approve of you borish behavior.

Not so. I respect other religions but that doesn't mean I think they are correct or should be treated as such. There is a difference there.

AFC - I bet in real life you are a nice human being, misguided, but OK.

You really should, for the sake of your mental health, stop being misguided.

Your responses only confirm to most of us that you treat the catholic church as a cult, but you are too blind too see this.

You are wrong. He is not a nice guy.

...and a lot of BS since the concept of Purgatory comes from the Jews, specifically Malachi, one of the 7 books the protestants took out of the canon because it doesn't support their beliefs.

Actually the "life" of Jesus parallels the life of an Egyption man-god named Horus. Christianity can't even come up with an original story.

Horus was:

(1) Horus was born of the virgin Isis on December 25th in a cave/manger.

(2) Horus' birth was announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.

(3) The infant Horus was carried out of Egypt to escape the wrath of Typhon. The infant Jesus was carried into Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Concerning the infant Jesus, the New Testament states the following prophecy: "Out of Egypt have I called my son." (Matt. 2:15)

(4) He was a child teacher in the temple and was baptized by “Anup the Baptizer” when he was thirty years old.

(5) He had twelve disciples and performed miracles such as feeding bread to the multitude and walking on water.

(6) He raised one man, El-Azar-us, from the dead.

(7) He transfigured on a mount.

(8) He also had titles such as the "way, the truth, the light, the Messiah, God's anointed Son, the Son of Man, the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the Word, the Morning Star, the light of the world.”

(9) He was "the Fisher," and was associated with the lamb, lion and fish ("Ichthys").

(10) Horus's personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father."

(11) Horus was called "KRST," or "Anointed One.”

(12) He was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected.

Not so. I respect other religions but that doesn't mean I think they are correct or should be treated as such. There is a difference there.

Maybe in your mind you respect other religions. Your words and actions tell a different story though. I doubt many people on here think you respect other religions.

Maybe in your mind you respect other religions. Your words and actions tell a different story though. I doubt many people on here think you respect other religions.

The truth hurts. The protestant "reformation" was totally uncalled for and not authorized by God. I still respect the people, but their faith teachings are incomplete.

yea - but how much did it cost?

Does it matter? An annulment is not a sin nor a make up for a sin. It has nothing to do with any sin. If I was broke I wouldn't have to pay anything. Not a single dime, but I am not cheap.

Did you pay for a marriage license?

Archived