Looking for a good christian church

Guest Guest

Good Lord.

I'll say this again - and try to comprehend it.

There is nothing wrong with faith, until you start to believe it.

Good night you crazy adulterer.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
written about. human accounts.

Ever read the national enquirer? There is a perfect example of human falabilities and why they should not be followed to the T.

Eyewitness accounts don't matter in court? Come on....People witnessed what Jesus said and did, outside of the Gospels. Even the Roman records report Jesus's execution. A man named Jesus Christ from Nazareth existed and died on the cross. This is not negotiable. It is recorded in numerous places.

Good Lord.

I'll say this again - and try to comprehend it.

There is nothing wrong with faith, until you start to believe it.

Good night you crazy adulterer.

You sound like a cheap scumbag.

I suspect that much of the hatred of the Catholic Church is driven by ignorance or Protestant ministers who have maligned it from their pulpits.

True indeed. I know this ex-catholic chuckle head who left the true Church of Christ, the Catholic Church, and fell into the abyss of the Episcopal church. I believe there is nothing worse than an ex-catholic for two reasons: Where did they get the authority to decide the Catholic Church is wrong and in this case the soul-decaying Episcopal church is correct? Second, it shows a a very flawed faith and ignorance of the Catholic Church. This Episcopal Church is so liberal it trumps the Gospels of Christ. They put the Gospels second. The Episcopal church, run by that false "bishop" Jefferts Schori, has decided and teaches abortions are acceptable in certain circumstances (barf)! Acceptance of murder? When did Christ accept murder of the innocent? This is just one example- ignoring the Gene Robinson fiasco. For the past few years, the break away group, Traditional Anglican Communion -400,000- strong have been banging on the Pope's door to let them in to get away from the liberal nonsense. As with everything, the Catholic Church has been very slow in responding to the pleas of the TAC. They initially wanted those people to convert, one by one, into the Catholic Church. Now it seems the Pope has had enough the the World Wide Anglican Communion, which the Episcopal church is a part of, and has now decided to let those disgruntled Anglicans/Episcopals to convert en-mass, by diocese. These people came to the Catholic Church for relief. Of course, this is a huge thrill to those who actually believe in the Gospels. On the heels of this great news, the Orthodox Bishop of Bulgaria is requesting complete union with the Catholic Church as soon as possible.

The Vicar of Christ, Pope Benedict 16th, is certainly trying to fulfill the Lord's Prayer:

John 17:21

"....[T]hat all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."

I am new to the area and I'm looking to find a Christian church with a large young adult fellowship. Any suggestions?

New Heights Ministries Church. They have a young and very active fellowship.

They came to the Catholic Church because the CC has a fat wallet,

The CC doesn't give money out to the parishioners.

needed "members"

The Catholic Church is 1.5 BILLION strong. The largest Christian Church in the world. The Anglicans have maybe only 77 million.

and are as close-minded as they are.

If believing in the gospels makes them close minded, I guess they are for good reason.

The CC doesn't give money out to the parishioners.

Did I say they did? It works the opposite way. Best legal defense fund of all religions. They can keep their gays in the closet like the Catholics do.

The Catholic Church is 1.5 BILLION strong. The largest Christian Church in the world. The Anglicans have maybe only 77 million.

Catholics, Southern Baptists, losing members

If believing in the gospels makes them close minded, I guess they are for good reason.

And that is your belief, based on the written word of man, which has changed a hundred times over the years.

Did I say they did? It works the opposite way. Best legal defense fund of all religions. They can keep their gays in the closet like the Catholics do.

Jesus has no problem with people supporting the Church monetarily. Proven over and over again in the Gospels. Of course you think this is a bad thing. Gays are everywhere. It is the sexual act that is sinful.

The Catholic Church can lose members for the next 15 years and still have the most members. The CC has a revolving door, people come in and people leave. It's not a cult.

And that is your belief, based on the written word of man, which has changed a hundred times over the years.

You are wrong. The CC existed way before the bible! In fact, the CC put the bible together in the 4th century! The CC, naturally has the original texts and the original translations by St. Jerome. The written Word is only one part of the entire Word of God.

Catholics.

That's funny, I have never paid for that! I went today and the priest didn't ask for a dime. I don't know where you got that stupid idea from. What a laugh.

That's funny, I have never paid for that! I went today and the priest didn't ask for a dime. I don't know where you got that stupid idea from. What a laugh.

Any money in the basket?

How much did your annulment cost?

Do they have the sacraments?

Spoken just like the kid with low self-esteem who puts down other people to make himself feel better... If you really thought the CC was a good church you wouldn't be slamming other churches.

I doubt your priest would be condoning your behavior.

Spoken just like the kid with low self-esteem who puts down other people to make himself feel better... If you really thought the CC was a good church you wouldn't be slamming other churches.

I doubt your priest would be condoning your behavior.

Not really because that priest would know that the Catholic Church has the fullness of the truth and protestant "churches" are not really church but "ecclesial communities"

Why would anyone belong to a "church" without the sacraments?

Christ requires money? That's a new one...

To support the Church. All throughout the Gospels. The Widow's Mite is a prime example. She gave her last penny and Christ approved.

Archived