TIME ?

Guest simple

Guest Crushed :(
Why don't you just look at your own watch if you need to know the time? :blink:

The Time is listed wrong on every post. If it's wrong, why bother?

Guest Guest
The Time is listed wrong on every post. If it's wrong, why bother?

Why does this trouble you?

Posted at 9:13 a.m. <<< I hope this brings you peace. <_<

Guest Guest

It would be helpful if your'e looking for a particular post, Is there a reason it cant be corrected? Perhaps when you log on there could be a button to hit that would set the right time zone for each user no matter where you are. Doesnt e-bay do that?

That is something that I have always wondered about. Why can't the time be set correctly on this site? Is it that hard to do?

Go to my controls then board settings and you can set the correct time for your time zone from there.

It seems there has been a glitch in the internet time readout that was widespread.

In Oz I returned to my computer terminal after tea-time and noticed the task bar clock was one hour slow.

I tried re-synchronizing it on-line and got an error message instead. So I changed to a different time server and after a couple of tries the task-bar time suddenly corrected forward the required hour. Later in the evening my son interstate commented on the phone that everyone over there was complaining too that their computer time was screwed up.

It was only then that I realized it was some sort of internet error.

Didn't the US decide some months ago that it would extend DST a little this year? I do know that coincidentally our Oz government decided also to extend DST this year.

I suspect that some of the Time-Synch servers had overlooked new arrangements and were still following the old DST schedule, adjusting it this weekend when in fact they should now have held off until a later weekend.

(In the US it might have 'forgotten' that DST began a couple of weeks ago, and re-synched this weekend again unnecessarily).

Guest Guest
How hard can it be to set the correct time on a computer? or is BCVOICE hosted in California?

How hard can it be to understand that the Internet is available worldwide, that the world has many time zones, that the server doesn't know what time zone you're in unless you register and configure it, and that UTC/GMT is the standard to use when the local time zone is unknown?

And what does California have to do with anything?

It seems there has been a glitch in the internet time readout that was widespread.

In Oz I returned to my computer terminal after tea-time and noticed the task bar clock was one hour slow.

I tried re-synchronizing it on-line and got an error message instead. So I changed to a different time server and after a couple of tries the task-bar time suddenly corrected forward the required hour. Later in the evening my son interstate commented on the phone that everyone over there was complaining too that their computer time was screwed up.

It was only then that I realized it was some sort of internet error.

Didn't the US decide some months ago that it would extend DST a little this year? I do know that coincidentally our Oz government decided also to extend DST this year.

I suspect that some of the Time-Synch servers had overlooked new arrangements and were still following the old DST schedule, adjusting it this weekend when in fact they should now have held off until a later weekend.

(In the US it might have 'forgotten' that DST began a couple of weeks ago, and re-synched this weekend again unnecessarily).

My Symmtime clocks are off by 24 hours as is my computer clock.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

You have to set your time in your 'My Controls' for the time to read correct....if you're a guest posting, the time is not going to be correct.

@

Archived