Jiffy Lube Upper Front St.

Guest Em

I worked at "the lube " years ago and I can tell you that you were a fool to take your car to them. Nothing but pot heads there and I couldn't believe the lying that went on to the customers just to sell extra services and get a commission. I hope you didn't pay for a fuel injection cleaning, that was the biggest scam I ever saw.

I worked at "the lube " years ago and I can tell you that you were a fool to take your car to them. Nothing but pot heads there and I couldn't believe the lying that went on to the customers just to sell extra services and get a commission. I hope you didn't pay for a fuel injection cleaning, that was the biggest scam I ever saw.

Nope, I never did, BT. Nor did I fall for the $17.99 air filter replacement every 3000 miles. I told them, I'd take it out and bang it on the ground a couple of times, just like my dad taught me!

Guest Guest
Well I care. They have all the service records on my van for the last 10 years. I wonder if another location can retrieve the records in the computer.

You have driven the same car for 10years? I can't get mine to last the life of the loan!

Nope, I never did, BT. Nor did I fall for the $17.99 air filter replacement every 3000 miles. I told them, I'd take it out and bang it on the ground a couple of times, just like my dad taught me!

Good call on the air filter. I realize that the no appointment oil change places are convenient, but they use cheap oil or else they charge extra for the good stuff.

You have driven the same car for 10years? I can't get mine to last the life of the loan!

Believe me, I've been blessed. The old girl has a 137K on her, and she just won't quit. Had her serviced at Hillcrest RTV last month ( no plug intented for BTK and his cronies), and they couldn't find very much wrong with her...a new starter was all. But I do laugh about all the people on here, crying about auto repairs, and the site experts are right here all along. Reddi Killowatt is a master mechanic, send him a breakfast sandwich from Cornaby's ($3.25), and they treat you like God down there. Only place in my life that I've been quoted a price and actually paid less!

Guest IDGAF
Well I care. They have all the service records on my van for the last 10 years. I wonder if another location can retrieve the records in the computer.

Try the national office via the web site

@

Guest Guest

The Jiffy Lube on 434 near the Vestal library also closed. I hate to say it but I think its because they made a lot of mistakes. The last time I went there they forgot to install a rubber O ring on the oil filter and it almost ruined the engine on my Volvo. The management tried to blow smoke when I called them. I found out several that they had had made similar mistakes like forgetting to install the oil fill cap and dip stick. I stopped going there over a year ago and just change my own oil. Its cheaper and I know its done right.

The one on the parkway stripped the oil plug in my fathers boses truck and replaced it with a rubber plug and didnt tell him about it. Problem was those plugs dont work for s$&t and it popped out drained the oil and blew the motor. Pete sued and got a new motor, well the money to replace it anyway.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
Believe me, I've been blessed. The old girl has a 137K on her, and she just won't quit. Had her serviced at Hillcrest RTV last month ( no plug intented for BTK and his cronies), and they couldn't find very much wrong with her...a new starter was all. But I do laugh about all the people on here, crying about auto repairs, and the site experts are right here all along. Reddi Killowatt is a master mechanic, send him a breakfast sandwich from Cornaby's ($3.25), and they treat you like God down there. Only place in my life that I've been quoted a price and actually paid less!

The funny part about your starter was I could not get it to act up until I was about ready to back that thing out of the shop....

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
The Jiffy Lube on 434 near the Vestal library also closed. I hate to say it but I think its because they made a lot of mistakes. The last time I went there they forgot to install a rubber O ring on the oil filter and it almost ruined the engine on my Volvo. The management tried to blow smoke when I called them. I found out several that they had had made similar mistakes like forgetting to install the oil fill cap and dip stick. I stopped going there over a year ago and just change my own oil. Its cheaper and I know its done right.

I don't know how they forgot to install a rubber o-ring on an oil filter, when oil filter's already come with a rubber gasket already on it.

@

Guest Guest
I don't know how they forgot to install a rubber o-ring on an oil filter, when oil filter's already come with a rubber gasket already on it.

@

sounds more like they left the old gasket on and installed the new filter with the new gasket.....double gasket means it WILL leak....been there, done that....but didn't lose the motor....

@

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
sounds more like they left the old gasket on and installed the new filter with the new gasket.....double gasket means it WILL leak....been there, done that....but didn't lose the motor....

@

I've seen people double gasket oil filters....and it's not pretty. I got into the habbit of checking the oil filter mount on a vehicle to check and make sure the gasket didn't stick to the engine before I put a new filter on...

Guest Guest

I used to like the Cornaby's breakfast sandwich with the double sausage patties. Do they still make those?

@

Archived