Guest Guest

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still waiting ...

Once again please try to do your math

6 in 12 years is 1 every 2 years

9 in 17 is 1 every 1.8 years

That means Marathon has had even more success over a longer time. Lets not forget the tremendous success that Cook had at Binghamton, oh wait there wasn't any

SVs 6 titles came in 96-97-98 and 05-06-07 which would mean 6 State titles in 12 years.

Did Marathon win 6 in 12 years ? If so - that would surpass SV. Congrats.

Either way - I wouldn't call it blindness to the success of others, much less "typical". You act is if dozens of schools have accomplished more - which we both know is total BS. The only other possible school that I can think of would be Afton in Class D softball ...

Please provide dates of the Marathon state titles in Field Hockey to confirm the 7 state titles in 12 years (which would surpass SV's mark).

How about 6 in 9 seasons, does that beat 6 in 12 seasons in your book?

Marathon won in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 and 2009.

How about 6 in 9 seasons, does that beat 6 in 12 seasons in your book?

Marathon won in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 and 2009.

they must have had a great field hockey coach, whatever that is.

Guest Finally some #s

YES it does. That's the beauty of #s. Takes the emotion right out of it.

You could have stated that (as requested) on your first post instead of all that other garbage you dredged up.

Marathon Field Hockey is clearly the most accomplished School/Sport Team in Secvtion IV. I believe SV Softball's 6 titles in 12 years would be second.

Good job Marathon Girls Field Hockey

So back to the point : Please advise which Section IV team has won 7 State championships in 12 years (which would surpass SV's mark of 6 in 12 years) ?

Don't need 7 in 12, 6 in less than 12 does the trick too.

You could have stated that (as requested) on your first post instead of all that other garbage you dredged up.

Marathon Field Hockey is clearly the most accomplished School/Sport Team in Secvtion IV. I believe SV Softball's 6 titles in 12 years would be second.

Good job Marathon Girls Field Hockey

that's a sad statement.

I am the one who first mentioned Marathon, but the cut & paste jobs were not me. That was someone else. As for the "you could have" and the previous early morning "still waiting" (whomever posted those), I was sleeping. Couldn't answer last night as I was at work.

Either way - I wouldn't call it blindness to the success of others, much less "typical".

Oh, I would. See it all the time. It's human nature, myself included at times. But I've learned. Often there's always someone who has done better, even on the local front. Notice I did not state that Marathon was #1 in this department. I simply do not know, plus it's all subjective.

You act is if dozens of schools have accomplished more - which we both know is total BS.

I did no such thing. You just took it the way you wanted to .I went to a listing of all state team titles before I posted.

The only other possible school that I can think of would be Afton in Class D softball ...

That surprised me. With all their Section 4 softball titles I thought that they would have had a couple handfuls of state titles, but they come in with 7. (1985, 87, 94, 95, 00, 01 and 09). Still a great number.

OKAY OKAY - But the snide "typical blindness" comment certainly is a shot at someone's knowledge of local HS sports which is not the case at all.

Again - #s don't lie ...

Marathon's accomplishments have not gotten the same publicity as other Team / Sports - and admittedly flew below my radar. I don't believe there are many others (if any) who have exceeded the 6 in 12 mark locally ...

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I don't believe there are many others (if any) who have exceeded the 6 in 12 mark locally ...

When it's due to just two players, each of whom would have probably won those 3 state titles each had they been on any one of up to a dozen schools in Section 4, it's really not that big a deal.

Girls softball suffers from the cold hard fact that just one player can dominate and turn an average team into at least a sectional contender. Throw in a decent to above average infield and you have a state contender.

I don't believe there are many others (if any) who have exceeded the 6 in 12 mark locally ...

Greene had 5 field hockey state titles in 10 years, ALL playing UP one or two classes enrollment-wise. Playing up and winning states is a greater accomplishment than SV's 6 softball titles in 12 seasons in my opinion. Not mathematically of course, but it's more impressive.

Agree - Very impressive as well ...

True - but you also have to factor in that many schools do not even have Field Hockey Teams, making the classification jump not as big of a deal ...

Gee, another example of the Sus Valley HS community calling for a coaches head on a platter. In this case, a coach who has not won anything, no less than multiple state championships. Will this madness ever end.

Not a surprise as it has been said that coach needs to go she has destroyed any hope of winning for girls soccer at SV

Gee, another example of the Sus Valley HS community calling for a coaches head on a platter. In this case, a coach who has not won anything, no less than multiple state championships. Will this madness ever end.

It is obvious that you are not from SV. When a coach at the varisty level continues to not perform when they have a core of good players they should be replaced. The excuse is it is always the players and maybe we will be better next year. Well if the coached performed the same way in the classromm they would not have students that pass, and would not have a job.

It is obvious that you are not from SV. When a coach at the varisty level continues to not perform when they have a core of good players they should be replaced. The excuse is it is always the players and maybe we will be better next year. Well if the coached performed the same way in the classromm they would not have students that pass, and would not have a job.

Im not from S-V so I dont know all the details but Ive watched this group of girls play for a number of years and I really dont think another coach would make much of a difference. Their sothomore is the only one that really does anything in the offseason to get better and it shows. High Scool soccer teams are more a product of what the kids do the rest of the year rather than during the 2 month season. Its really simple, look at the better teams and where the kids play in the offseason, Fusion, Soaring Capitol, Hiawatha, Empire, Syracuse blitz. Vestal, M-E, Owego, Oneonta all have numerous players playing at the highest level they can to get better, where are the S-V girls playing? That just might be your answer.

Its all about "Building A Program" Cook was able to build the Softball Program at SV resulting in Multiple State Champsionships.. Whether or not you like the way he coaches or not, there was no denying the fact that he built a State Powerhouse Softball Program at SVHS. Now that he is gone, the carousel of softball coaches have come and gone at SVHS, resulting in nothing.

Maybe the message should be heard loud and clear "Parents Stay The Heck Out Of The Sports Programs At SVHS"

Im not from S-V so I dont know all the details but Ive watched this group of girls play for a number of years and I really dont think another coach would make much of a difference. Their sothomore is the only one that really does anything in the offseason to get better and it shows. High Scool soccer teams are more a product of what the kids do the rest of the year rather than during the 2 month season. Its really simple, look at the better teams and where the kids play in the offseason, Fusion, Soaring Capitol, Hiawatha, Empire, Syracuse blitz. Vestal, M-E, Owego, Oneonta all have numerous players playing at the highest level they can to get better, where are the S-V girls playing? That just might be your answer.

Its all about "Building A Program" Cook was able to build the Softball Program at SV resulting in Multiple State Champsionships.. Whether or not you like the way he coaches or not, there was no denying the fact that he built a State Powerhouse Softball Program at SVHS. Now that he is gone, the carousel of softball coaches have come and gone at SVHS, resulting in nothing.

Maybe the message should be heard loud and clear "Parents Stay The Heck Out Of The Sports Programs At SVHS"

I am sure parents would stay out of it if they had coaches that do more than just collect a check. There are very few of them.

Archived