To Jon from Uncle ...

Uncle Geo

"Protestants as a whole, molest more children percentage wise, than Catholic clerics"

Well, that makes it alright then.

It stuns me (still) that you bully folks on this board who disagree with you. That strikes me as judgemental...and I'm pretty sure that, according to you, you're not the one who has the "authority" to do the judging...

I am just trying to emphasize it is not a "Catholic Only" problem. Unfortunately their are child molesters everywhere. Schools, day camps, nurseries, internet, what have you.....

Judging people's actions against the Word of God? We can certainly judge those who violate the Ten Commandments as wrong. That's a given. We can't judge SOULS. That is not our place.

Those that commit abortion are wrong. That is a correct judgment.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Satan
I am just trying to emphasize it is not a "Catholic Only" problem. Unfortunately their are child molesters everywhere. Schools, day camps, nurseries, internet, what have you.....

Judging people's actions against the Word of God? We can certainly judge those who violate the Ten Commandments as wrong. That's a given. We can't judge SOULS. That is not our place.

Those that commit abortion are wrong. That is a correct judgment.

What is with the abortion "kick" you seem to be on lately? Is it National Abortion Week?

Of course, we all know why you keep inserting the abortion issue into almost every response you make. It fuels you, doesn't it? You love arguing with people, and throwing out the abortion card is almost guaranteed to get you a response.

I could ask you about the weather, and I have no doubt that after cutting and pasting some pablum from the catholic church about it, you will undoubtedly mention that having abortions in any type of weather is the greatest sin of all.

What is with the abortion "kick" you seem to be on lately? Is it National Abortion Week?

Everybody cries and complains about the war, but says NOTHING about abortion.

Of course, we all know why you keep inserting the abortion issue into almost every response you make. It fuels you, doesn't it? You love arguing with people, and throwing out the abortion card is almost guaranteed to get you a response.

Nope, but I believe it is the most evil act in society.

I could ask you about the weather, and I have no doubt that after cutting and pasting some pablum from the catholic church about it, you will undoubtedly mention that having abortions in any type of weather is the greatest sin of all.

Nope. Why do some "churches" approve of pro-choice in their teachings? How did something like that come to be? Horrifying.

Guest Satan
Everybody cries and complains about the war, but says NOTHING about abortion.

Nope, but I believe it is the most evil act in society.

Nope. Why do some "churches" approve of pro-choice in their teachings? How did something like that come to be? Horrifying.

I don't know, AFC. Maybe some of the clergy had to perform funerals for young girls who had to resort to illegal abortions years ago. Maybe some of the clergy had to try to counsel young girls who wanted to kill themselves rather after having been raped by their father and then finding themselves pregnant.

But, I know. You don't understand that. You don't understand why a young girl would contemplate suicide in such a situation. You don't understand why, if the girl was faced with dying in order to bring a fetus to full term, she would not choose to allow herself to die. As you have said before, you just don't get it.

@

Where's Jon? Licking his wounds? I guess when I "put up" when challenged, he received the shock of his life! It's not surprising that some heretical churches are pro-choice.

I haven't thought much about it lately because I've had real-world demands on my time and attention.

A Faithful Catholic, when I do reply 'at my leisure' as I've already told you I intend to, unlike you I will have done more than glance superficially at half a paragraph of an extensive site that you link. By contrast I will have researched your source, as well as others. Would you expect less of me?

Besides, I don't understand what you should be impatient about. You have never respected what I think anyway, nor anyone else. So feeding your smugness is not a priority. I don't expect to be free to spend more time for a while longer, so you can use the predicted delay to continue inflating. I won't prick before I'm good and ready. (LOL)

And when I reply, I will most likely respond first to Uncle Geo anyway, as I see more to respect in his latest reply to me.

I don't know, AFC. Maybe some of the clergy had to perform funerals for young girls who had to resort to illegal abortions years ago. Maybe some of the clergy had to try to counsel young girls who wanted to kill themselves rather after having been raped by their father and then finding themselves pregnant.

Murder of the innocent has never, and will never be, condoned by God. Sorry.....

But, I know. You don't understand that. You don't understand why a young girl would contemplate suicide in such a situation. You don't understand why, if the girl was faced with dying in order to bring a fetus to full term, she would not choose to allow herself to die. As you have said before, you just don't get it.

Murder of the innocent has never, and will never be, condoned by God. Sorry.....

I haven't thought much about it lately because I've had real-world demands on my time and attention.

A Faithful Catholic, when I do reply 'at my leisure' as I've already told you I intend to, unlike you I will have done more than glance superficially at half a paragraph of an extensive site that you link. By contrast I will have researched your source, as well as others. Would you expect less of me?

Besides, I don't understand what you should be impatient about. You have never respected what I think anyway, nor anyone else. So feeding your smugness is not a priority. I don't expect to be free to spend more time for a while longer, so you can use the predicted delay to continue inflating. I won't prick before I'm good and ready. (LOL)

And when I reply, I will most likely respond first to Uncle Geo anyway, as I see more to respect in his latest reply to me.

I respect what you say, Jon. It comes from an atheistic thought. You have way more intelligence than many of the lame responses I get on here.

@

Abortion is WORSE than child molestation. Murder of the innocent is the worse crime you can commit.

Protestants as a whole, molest more children percentage wise, than Catholic clerics, but that never seems to get reported. Just another example of age old Catholic hatred. :blink:

These are words that are surely going to come back to bite you. More in due course.

Until I return.

These are words that are surely going to come back to bite you. More in due course.

Until I return.

Contact the Chicago Sun Times.

Sex-Abuse of Minors Higher in Protestant Churches

(Chicago Sun Times): The three companies that insure the majority of Protestant churches in America say they typically receive upward of 260 reports each year of young people under 18 being sexually abused by clergy, church staff, volunteers or congregation members.

The figures offer a glimpse into what has long been an extremely difficult phenomenon to pin down -- the frequency of sex abuse in Protestant congregations.

Religious groups and victims' supporters have been interested in the figure ever since the Roman Catholic sex abuse crisis hit five years ago. The church has revealed that there have been 13,000 credible accusations against Catholic clerics since 1950 -- 228 a year...

"These numbers come from the three companies that insure the majority of Protestant churches in America (165,495 :o of them, to be exact).

Church Mutual Insurance Co. (Merrill, WI) had an average of “100 sex abuse cases a year involving minors over the past decade.”

GuideOne Insurance Co. (West Des Moines, IA) reported around “160 reports of sex abuse against minors every year for two decades.”

Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Co. (Ft. Wayne, IN) said it has received approximately “73 reports of child sex abuse and other sexual misconduct every year for 15 years.” Though this company didn’t specify ages, so we don’t know how many of those abuse scandals involved minors specifically."

"Insurance companies receive from Protestant churches each year about 260 reports involving allegations of sexual abuse committed against minors. This is LESS than the annual number of 228 abuse incidents reported against Catholic priests. That reality is particularly noteworthy because Catholics keep track of even "credible accusations," which Southern Baptists don't even bother to determine or keep records on."

Annual sex-abuse in the Catholic Church = average of 228 cases a year. Annual sex-abuse in Protestant churches = average of 260 cases a year. Protestants got Catholics beat by an average of 32 reported cases a year.

@

Guest Guest
It's simpletons like you that give me a reason to post here. The human element of the Lord's Church will ALWAYS be sinners. There is not one perfect person in the Church. The Pope goes to confession twice a week! However, on the other side of the coin, you have the TEACHINGS and the SACRAMENTS given directly by God to that same Church, the Catholic Church. I'm a Catholic because of the TEACHINGS and the SACRAMENTS and not the people at all. Many people have a hard time trying to figure this out....

The Church has every right to tell people they have sinned: Those Laws handed down by God are DIVINE LAW.

Abortion is WORSE than child molestation. Murder of the innocent is the worse crime you can commit.

Protestants as a whole, molest more children percentage wise, than Catholic clerics, but that never seems to get reported. Just another example of age old Catholic hatred. :blink:

@

Uh oh.....where did that @ sign suddenly appear from? The similarities between your posts and Uncle Geo's are.....disturbing. I think that you have been caught again. How childish.

Guest Guest

Why are you comparing the best religion to one that you don't give any belief in? Why are you comparing protestant church to yours? This seems below you. What you should stick too is your beliefs and not compare yourself to a religion that has no "factor" in yours. Stick and stones. Glass houses. Stick to your guns and you will be stronger.

Guest Guest
Contact the Chicago Sun Times.

Sex-Abuse of Minors Higher in Protestant Churches

(Chicago Sun Times): The three companies that insure the majority of Protestant churches in America say they typically receive upward of 260 reports each year of young people under 18 being sexually abused by clergy, church staff, volunteers or congregation members.

The figures offer a glimpse into what has long been an extremely difficult phenomenon to pin down -- the frequency of sex abuse in Protestant congregations.

Religious groups and victims' supporters have been interested in the figure ever since the Roman Catholic sex abuse crisis hit five years ago. The church has revealed that there have been 13,000 credible accusations against Catholic clerics since 1950 -- 228 a year...

"These numbers come from the three companies that insure the majority of Protestant churches in America (165,495 :o of them, to be exact).

Church Mutual Insurance Co. (Merrill, WI) had an average of “100 sex abuse cases a year involving minors over the past decade.”

GuideOne Insurance Co. (West Des Moines, IA) reported around “160 reports of sex abuse against minors every year for two decades.”

Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Co. (Ft. Wayne, IN) said it has received approximately “73 reports of child sex abuse and other sexual misconduct every year for 15 years.” Though this company didn’t specify ages, so we don’t know how many of those abuse scandals involved minors specifically."

"Insurance companies receive from Protestant churches each year about 260 reports involving allegations of sexual abuse committed against minors. This is LESS than the annual number of 228 abuse incidents reported against Catholic priests. That reality is particularly noteworthy because Catholics keep track of even "credible accusations," which Southern Baptists don't even bother to determine or keep records on."

Annual sex-abuse in the Catholic Church = average of 228 cases a year. Annual sex-abuse in Protestant churches = average of 260 cases a year. Protestants got Catholics beat by an average of 32 reported cases a year.

@

Oh...look....another @ sign :blink:

Why are you comparing the best religion to one that you don't give any belief in? Why are you comparing protestant church to yours? This seems below you. What you should stick too is your beliefs and not compare yourself to a religion that has no "factor" in yours. Stick and stones. Glass houses. Stick to your guns and you will be stronger.

Well, many misguided people think these child molestations are just a "catholic problem" They don't have a clue. It is simply grandstanding of the media and your typical catholic hatred by the san fransisco type liberals! Unfortunately, there are many molesters everywhere..

Guest Guest
Well, many misguided people think these child molestations are just a "catholic problem" They don't have a clue. It is simply grandstanding of the media and your typical catholic hatred by the san fransisco type liberals! Unfortunately, there are many molesters everywhere..

No church but yours has displayed a complete indifference to the problem until recently, moving Priests from Parish to Parish while failing to investigate the problem. Yes, it occurs in every church and every other social organization where adults gather with youngsters. The difference is that your highly vaunted hierarchy failed miserably in addressing the problem in a timely manner....hence the millions of dollars of successful lawsuits. Name me one denomination that has paid out, even per capita, what your Holy Church has.

@

Guest Guest

Unfortunately, while it has happened everywhere, only your organization and a couple of others helped greatly in burying the problem....for a while My career involves investigating and prosecuting these crimes. Why don't you tell me what your qualifications are, other than being blind.

Please DO tell us of your deep experience in this field.

Also, please provide statistical evidence to back up your "conjecture" that the percentage of Priests or other clerics have been accused or convicted of such crimes supports your viewpoint.

We'll be waiting for the cold, hard, unbiased facts.

Guest Guest

Move beyond the normal level of your reply. Please. Don't at like a 14 year old caught n a lie. Your right and that is clear to you. You are having a VERY hard time making any one else believe.

Problems are in every church. Don't you think the biggest is that people don't believe. Is that not more of a subject for you? Bring us back instead of scold.

Seriously - what do you want from us - devotion to a man in a silly suit?

No church but yours has displayed a complete indifference to the problem until recently, moving Priests from Parish to Parish while failing to investigate the problem. Yes, it occurs in every church and every other social organization where adults gather with youngsters. The difference is that your highly vaunted hierarchy failed miserably in addressing the problem in a timely manner....hence the millions of dollars of successful lawsuits. Name me one denomination that has paid out, even per capita, what your Holy Church has.

@

1.) http://stopbaptistpredators.org/hushitup.html and http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm and have rude awakening!

2.) No Church has near the clout of the Catholic Church. More clout, higher the awards. :blink:

3.) Not every single bishop was involved in the cases!

Unfortunately, while it has happened everywhere, only your organization and a couple of others helped greatly in burying the problem....for a while My career involves investigating and prosecuting these crimes. Why don't you tell me what your qualifications are, other than being blind. Please DO tell us of your deep experience in this field

Thanks for the insult. I don't believe you at all.

Also, please provide statistical evidence to back up your "conjecture" that the percentage of Priests or other clerics have been accused or convicted of such crimes supports your viewpoint.

We'll be waiting for the cold, hard, unbiased facts.

Baptists, especially, like to bury the problems. It has already been proven that Protestant clerics molest more youngsters than the Catholics. Ask the insurance companies quoted.

@

Guest Guest
1.) http://stopbaptistpredators.org/hushitup.html and http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm and have rude awakening!

2.) No Church has near the clout of the Catholic Church. More clout, higher the awards. :blink:

3.) Not every single bishop was involved in the cases!

This may have been informational.

Why did you do it the way you did.

No one likes your answer even if it's true?

Think AFC

Archived