To Jon from Uncle ...

Uncle Geo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Hey - bed time is here -

Answer differently. I've asked and you called it hatred.

Not Catholic hatred - just tired of the same type of answer from you. Move on.

Help me understand better.

Just because you say something and then people respond - and you try to knock them out - this doesn't mean your teaching about your ideas.

You can be spiteful and untrusting. face it. Try something else.

Think about a new way to make people understand and not just fight with you.

Is fighting all that you are about?

I hope not

Hey - bed time is here -

Answer differently. I've asked and you called it hatred.

Not Catholic hatred - just tired of the same type of answer from you. Move on.

Help me understand better.

Just because you say something and then people respond - and you try to knock them out - this doesn't mean your teaching about your ideas.

You can be spiteful and untrusting. face it. Try something else.

Think about a new way to make people understand and not just fight with you.

Is fighting all that you are about?

I hope not

How have I been spiteful and not trusting? People try to condemn the Catholic Church because of their ignorance. I try to set them straight. What gives? I use much restraint in dealing with the responses I get on here.

Example: People try to rationalize abortion to me. It doesn't work. I'm sorry about that....

@

... the majority of Protestant churches in America (165,495 :o of them, to be exact).

Why your strong reaction to that?

That 165,495 would refer not to Denominations but to church buildings. Do you even begrudge un-brainwashed Christians their places of worship?

Also, if you think back, I personally have consistently stopped short of either dwelling at length on the issue of pedophilia among Clergy, or at least singling out a particular Denomination for most blame. My reason is that even without figures in front of me I've considered it likely that the malpractice can and does afflict all Denominations.

And of course it is to be condemned and redressed, no matter what Denomination is involved. Whoever does it, it's gross.

To me those few points are soft targets, and therefore easier to take time out from commitments to comment on in passing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(plagiarized from myself on another site):

I'm not about to take any cheap shots here. I would wish 'SNAP' every success.

http://tinyurl.com/5q77ro

To whatever extent it might be justified I see merit in a corresponding purge among all Churches, not just Catholic.

However, I've emphasized elsewhere repeatedly that regardless of Denomination I consider the practice of cloistered celibacy among Clergy a fertile breeding ground for the sorts of malpractice addressed below.

And redress should mount no institutionally organized Cover-ups!

Catholics call for action against predator priests

Wednesday Apr 9 11:42 AEST

Days before Pope Benedict XVI was due to begin a historic visit to the United States, a support group for some 9,000 Americans who say they were sexually abused by Catholic clergymen urged the pontiff to act against pedophile priests.

..... [...] .....

Patrick Wall, a former Benedictine priest who quit the church 10 years ago over the sex scandal, worked as a "cleaner" for his order, helping to "stabilize a parish after an abuser is removed."

"Cleaners are one of the dirty little secrets of the church," Wall told AFP by telephone from Alaska, where he was investigating the sixth diocese to declare bankruptcy over the sex abuse scandal.

The US church paid out 615 million dollars (400 million euros) to settle sex abuse cases last year, according to an annual report by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops.

"Every diocese and every religious order has a cleaner ... If a priest gets removed because he's sodomizing kids and you bring in some normal, down-to-earth guy, it brings a sense of stability and calm," said Wall.

He held out little hope that the pope would announce firm action to redress the painful issue of abusive priests during his trip to the United States.

"He has already addressed the issue by ... avoiding Boston, which many consider the epicenter of the sex abuse earthquake," Wall said.

"For the holy father to avoid going to Boston, he is acknowledging that it is a huge confrontation point and he is really not that interested in having a broad discussion about it," he added.

"Until bishops go to jail or are relieved of duty by the pope for protecting priest sex abusers, the system is not really going to change," the former 'cleaner' said.

afpkm5.gif

http://tinyurl.com/5q77ro

@

That 165,495 would refer not to Denominations but to church buildings. Do you even begrudge un-brainwashed Christians their places of worship?

Unbrainwashed? Christianity is not a democracy. The Faith handed down by the Apostles is not up for debate and doesn't change with the winds!

Also, if you think back, I personally have consistently stopped short of either dwelling at length on the issue of pedophilia among Clergy, or at least singling out a particular Denomination for most blame. My reason is that even without figures in front of me I've considered it likely that the malpractice can and does afflict all Denominations.

And of course it is to be condemned and redressed, no matter what Denomination is involved. Whoever does it, it's gross.

To me those few points are soft targets, and therefore easier to take time out from commitments to comment on in passing.

I just wanted to show the ignorant that it wasn't a "catholic only" problem like many people think. They condemn all Catholic priests which is ridiculous.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(plagiarized from myself on another site):

I'm not about to take any cheap shots here. I would wish 'SNAP' every success.

I pray that every child molester and practicing homosexual priest is weeded out of the priesthood for good. However, I think the Pope is not going to be to kind to the American "Paparazzi" ;)

@

Uh oh.....where did that @ sign suddenly appear from? The similarities between your posts and Uncle Geo's are.....disturbing. I think that you have been caught again. How childish.

Now what do you mean by this post? What do you think you caught AFC doing?

@

Guest Satan
Some moderator, who has access to every post, is placing the @ symbol on every post and the person you are responding to is just trying to stir things up. I wouldn't waste another keystroke. :blink:

@

Liar. It is not on every post.

Why do you continually lie, my little chalice?

" ..... the majority of Protestant churches in America (165,495 :o of them, to be exact)”.

Unbrainwashed? Christianity is not a democracy. The Faith handed down by the Apostles is not up for debate and doesn't change with the winds!

My Bad!

By adding: "Do you even begrudge un-brainwashed Christians their places of worship?" I unintentionally fed you exactly the dodge-route you were certain to exploit. <_<

In red (above) I now repeat for your focus the only part of the question to which I was interested in your answer. Please explain your reaction to the 165,495.

I just wanted to show the ignorant that it wasn't a "catholic only" problem like many people think. They condemn all Catholic priests which is ridiculous. (do they?)

Do you seriously believe you are in company that ignorant? People make sweeping statements, just like you do, (for which you too get called far less often than you deserve!)

I pray that every child molester and practicing homosexual priest is weeded out of the priesthood for good. However, I think the Pope is not going to be to kind to the American "Paparazzi" ;)

A generic Platitude. :huh:

Is this your only response to a detailed quote from one of the Catholic Church's own "cleaners" specially engaged to divert attention from depravity going on?

I invite you to revisit the quoted passage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* BTW, Uncle Geo, I have not forgotten you (more substance takes more time to do justice). ;)

@

Archived