To Jon from Uncle ...

Uncle Geo

Jon ... What follows is my promised response to your lengthy "Ash Wednesday Tomorrow" post, # 901, where you raised several interesting points regarding the Catholic Church's need to defend what you consider "bizarre and counter-intuitive claims" which, unfortunately, you did not define. Unfortunately I don't think I can provide any kind of a reasonable response to that quote until I know exactly what you consider "bizarre and counter-intuitive claims". But, in that same post you also questioned the need that the Church finds for, for lack of other words, a trained legal staff and a "huge and imposing building" to house it.

Fully realizing that what I write here has little chance at assuaging your consternation regarding what you perceive to be problems, I will attempt to present my opinion on the subjects.

As much as we pridefully hate to admit it, God has placed obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none what so ever on our stupidity.

Over centuries and millennia of the Church's existence, questions have continually been raised regarding the beliefs that are held by its members. All the way back to early apostolic times people have found it necessary to refer questions of faith to the leaders of the Church, the Apostles in general and St. Peter in particular, for definitive answers.

These questions were answered, usually by letters to the individual congregations who asked them, and later became part of a tome which we call The New Testament and could be referred to by all members of the Church when problems occurred.

Eventually, some became unwilling to accept the Testament as the final word and the Church found the need to formulate concise statements of belief ... the Apostles Creed, which refuted Gnosticism. Gnostics denied that Jesus was truly man, and the Nicean Creed which argued against the heresy of Arianism. Arians denied that Jesus was fully God ...are two of the earliest ... and other statements of Faith which are found in the Catechism.

Where some believe that the Apostles Creed was written by the actual apostles, each taking a part, the Nicean Creed can be historically traced to the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D.. Over the following centuries councils have been called into existence for various reasons and challenges to the Faith. (We, in the Catholic Church, believe that these councils are guided by the Holy Spirit.) All of these questions deserved the fullest and most precise response possible.

I'm sure you will consider that responses such as these usually cannot be made by untrained personnel but need educated and dedicated individuals who are able to bring to light all the intricacies needed to, first of all, understand the problem and secondly provide answers to the problem.

When you fail to have such an organization, or the organization is refuted because of our own limitations at understanding, chaos eventually rules and soon there are more and more questions left unanswered fully, which sometime lead men to the mistaken belief that they can provide themselves with answers to the questions by establishing churches of their own which reflect their own beliefs, thus leaving the fullness of Divine Truth established in the Catholic Church by Jesus himself.

There are now thousands of churches, the exact number disputed by you and AFC, each professing to be the final word of God. But when one of their members decides that they have more of the "final word" they establish another sect.

The Catholic Church provides the interested in a place where they can get definitive answers to the matters of Faith and Morals, which, by the way, must by necessity be housed somewhere. Ergo the " huge and imposing" building you take exception with. Would you rather them to be housed in a hut someplace?

Your charge of "unreasonable Catholic Church complexity" and the insinuation that it may be "by design" is unfounded, bordering on the verge of a conspiracy theory.

Just as other organizations and governments find it necessary and beneficial to compile laws and judgments for future reference, the Church does the same. It only makes sense to do this ... after all, why reinvent the wheel each time there is a question? And after answering two thousand years questions there are bound to be an unquestionably large compilation of documents, etc.

You ask why does any Church need a handbook that takes up an entire office block and refer to it as a travesty. The "travesty" is that humans find it necessary, in their pride, to question the unquestionable Fullness of Faith found only in the Catholic Church, a Church established by Jesus Christ himself. ... And far from inhabiting an "entire office block," my catechism sits next to me, on a nearby bookshelf, without even bending the wood but with all the answers the Church provides.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Satan

First, you spent WAY too much time on this essay.

Second, I think you copied most of it from another site or book.

Third ---

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

First, you spent WAY too much time on this essay.

Second, I think you copied most of it from another site or book.

Third ---

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

First ... I just got to this today ... and jotted it off this afternoon.

Second ... No copy and paste here.

Third ... You found it interesting enough to respond!

Be careful ... you're headed for a trip to the porch.

@

It is my position that purity does not need constant defending like the perversion of Christianity that the catholic church obviously is and always has been. The catholic church is about money and power and it always will be. It is sad that good folks fall for the Bs of false religions such as catholicism and islam. Jesus said, " The Holy Spirit blows like the wind and no man knows where it shall land." Never rely on your fellow man for salvation unless you want to ride upon the shoulders of the pope straight to the gates of Hell.

As to indvidual concerns regarding salvation I urge everyone to simply read the word of God.

Guest Guest

When my mom wanted to have me baptized she went to the catholic church and the priest there told her that because my father was married before and devorced that I was going to hell no matter what. HOWEVER, if my family were to make a sizeable donation to the church, he could do it.

There you go, putting a $ on salvation. Where in your great catholic book is the pricelist? I would like to know what some prices are for eternity in heaven. I am shopping.

And they sit around and wonder why their numbers are so low and they have to close churches.

Try offering hope, salvation, and a helpful hand without preconditions and price tags.

@

Guest Satan
I can't believe it! The liar is still around, now using depends! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeing how you were caught in numerous lies previously, I am surprised you are so bold as to even mention that word.

Why don't you show everyone your high intelligence and re-post that lovely picture of poop you displayed awhile back? That should make everyone want to take you real seriously. :lol:

And, my Uncle Chubby, why don't you take a few minutes and come up with a new retort? The old "porch" thing was always very lame and, like you, has not improved with age! :lol:

And, my Uncle Chubby, why don't you take a few minutes and come up with a new retort? The old "porch" thing was always very lame and, like you, has not improved with age! :lol:

"Uncle Chubby this and Uncle Chubby that and Uncle Chubby ad nauseum .... and you talk of "lame" retorts?!! And then the constant use of the same old emoticons!! ... Where is that vaunted intellect you're so proud of?

As "lame" as you might consider the Porch to be, it still has you dancing whenever I play the music.

@

Guest Satan
"Uncle Chubby this and Uncle Chubby that and Uncle Chubby ad nauseum .... and you talk of "lame" retorts?!! And then the constant use of the same old emoticons!! ... Where is that vaunted intellect you're so proud of?

As "lame" as you might consider the Porch to be, it still has you dancing whenever I play the music.

@

My dearest Uncle Geo -- my reference to you as "Uncle Chubby" is meant with sincerest affection. You had noted previously you were quite proud of your stoutness. I meant no disrespect. I would give you a big hug and a kiss to prove it but, unfortunately, your lips are not the freshest since they spend so much time kissing AFC's butt.

Just to show you how much I value your opinions, I not use my favorite emote on this reply. Instead, I will use AFC's notorious emote -- one he never tires of --- :blink:

I hope this has brought you much joy and happiness this morning.

@

Seeing how you were caught in numerous lies previously, I am surprised you are so bold as to even mention that word.

I have never lied, ignoramus.

Why don't you show everyone your high intelligence and re-post that lovely picture of poop you displayed awhile back? That should make everyone want to take you real seriously. :lol:

It was fake for a start, but since you have the fetish for kind of nonsense, I through in in for a laugh. It is not my fault that you have that gross fetish.

As long as you keep lying, I don't see anything wrong with Uncle Geo. So why don't you let grown men converse while you just read and learn, my child???

When my mom wanted to have me baptized she went to the catholic church and the priest there told her that because my father was married before and devorced that I was going to hell no matter what. HOWEVER, if my family were to make a sizeable donation to the church, he could do it.

Hey, get a clue! Your parents marriage has nothing to do with you.

There you go, putting a $ on salvation. Where in your great catholic book is the pricelist? I would like to know what some prices are for eternity in heaven. I am shopping.

Listen, my ignorant friend: You are not required to pay any fee if you cannot afford it. The Church has bills to pay and the only way it can get money is from the PEWS. Wise up.

And they sit around and wonder why their numbers are so low and they have to close churches.

The Catholic Church will always be the biggest Church out there. People leave it because they do not want to follow the Lord's rules and want to go to a Church that allows all kinds of sins to occur against the Word of God.

Try offering hope, salvation, and a helpful hand without preconditions and price tags.

The Lord's rules are TOUGH. People must conform themselves to those rules and not the other way around. Yep, the Church has bills to pay I suggest people in the pews help the Church as the Lord directed and approved.

Know what you are talking about first before you push a key.

@

He's a lame liar with an excrement fetish. How low can you go? :o

Guest Satan
I have never lied, ignoramus.

Yes, you have. More than once, and you know it. Don't bother responding with your usual "Prove it! Prove it!" It was proven -- again, more than once, as you are well aware.

It was fake for a start, but since you have the fetish for kind of nonsense, I through in in for a laugh. It is not my fault that you have that gross fetish.

Interesting that you accuse me of having some sort of poop fetish, and yet you were the one repeatedly talking about it and going so far as posting a picture of it.

As long as you keep lying, I don't see anything wrong with Uncle Geo. So why don't you let grown men converse while you just read and learn, my child???

Yawn.

Explain to me o' wise AFC....why is it that the church has pretty much condemed me to hell because I had a child out of wedlock but catholic priests can do whatever they want to boys and girls and they just get moved to a different area to try to cover it up????? :angry:

Yes, you have. More than once, and you know it. Don't bother responding with your usual "Prove it! Prove it!" It was proven -- again, more than once, as you are well aware.

I have never been proved a liar. You have though. No, you can't prove I lied because I didn't.

Interesting that you accuse me of having some sort of poop fetish, and yet you were the one repeatedly talking about it and going so far as posting a picture of it.

You certainly have a low down excrement fetish. You brought it up for the world to see. I threw in that fake diaper to MOCK you for a laugh. It was certainly funny!

Yawn.

You are an excrement fetish loving liar. You need help for sure. That is a sickness.

Guest Satan
I have never been proved a liar. You have though. No, you can't prove I lied because I didn't.

You certainly have a low down excrement fetish. You brought it up for the world to see. I threw in that fake diaper to MOCK you for a laugh. It was certainly funny!

You are an excrement fetish loving liar. You need help for sure. That is a sickness.

You fool no one regarding your lies and having been caught. You would like to believe everyone has a short memory and has forgotten. Keep dreaming.

Shall we start counting how many times you keep referencing excrement in your posts? I think it will become quite obvious as to who has the fetish.

Keep posting. Your lack of education and immaturity shines through each time. It's easy to see now why you copy and paste so much. You give yourself away each time you actually use your own words. :lol:

You fool no one regarding your lies and having been caught. You would like to believe everyone has a short memory and has forgotten. Keep dreaming.

I have never lied. I have been accused many times, but I have never lied.

Shall we start counting how many times you keep referencing excrement in your posts? I think it will become quite obvious as to who has the fetish.

It's your fetish! You brought it up! I'm just mocking you with it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You certainly need some professional help in dealing with that sort of nonsense. I still can't believe people have those types of fetishes. How gross.

Keep posting. Your lack of education and immaturity shines through each time. It's easy to see now why you copy and paste so much. You give yourself away each time you actually use your own words. :lol:

The only thing I copy and paste are news stories and official teachings of the Catholic Church. Wise up, my child and get some help.

Guest Satan

It's your fetish! You brought it up! I'm just mocking you with it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You certainly need some professional help in dealing with that sort of nonsense. I still can't believe people have those types of fetishes. How gross.

The only thing I copy and paste are news stories and official teachings of the Catholic Church. Wise up, my child and get some help.

Your chalice is leaking, my friend. Scroll back -- you are the one constantly bringing up your obvious fetish. But that's ok. I understand that by you having the mentality of a 3 year-old, this type of conversation is to be expected.

Now, why don't you say your prayers and go take a little nap?

Guest Satan

Wow. You didn't even comprehend my original comment regarding your constant cut and pastes. You really are mentally challenged, just like your out-of-town friend explained to us awhile ago.

Archived