pumping gas difficulties - is it just me?

Guest pump my gas

Guest pump my gas

It is becoming such a challenge to get the exact dollar amount you want when pumping the 3.40 gas. Before you know it its at $20 and to get it just right is a challenge. Maybe I have bad coordination or something. Is anyone else having the same problem. I end up going up a few dollars to get to 00 at the end like $23 instead of $20-- Three times a charm.

Guest Get a Life!
It is becoming such a challenge to get the exact dollar amount you want when pumping the 3.40 gas. Before you know it its at $20 and to get it just right is a challenge. Maybe I have bad coordination or something. Is anyone else having the same problem. I end up going up a few dollars to get to 00 at the end like $23 instead of $20-- Three times a charm.

You need to get a life and not let tiny little problems like this bother you!!!

Guest gas pro

IT is hard to get to the exact amount. I love it when it stops at .99- you know that it is virtually impossible to just gt a penny out- It will go to .01 or .02. Gotta love it.

Guest Guest

So you'd rather spend 3 dollars more than 2 cents more?

Guest Guest
IT is hard to get to the exact amount. I love it when it stops at .99- you know that it is virtually impossible to just gt a penny out- It will go to .01 or .02. Gotta love it.

So, why don't YOU stop at .99? What are you -- Monk?

Guest Guest
Go inside and pre-pay what you want to spend. The pump will stop right on that amount and off you drive.

Some places won't let you prepay.

Guest BC Voice of Reason

All I can say is pay at the pump. Then it won't really matter if it ends in odd change. There are other benefits like using a credit card that gives you cash back or reward points.

I got so sick and tired of waiting behind lines of destitute people getting their daily fix of lottery tickets and cigarettes I decided to pay strictly at the pump. It also allows me to monitor how much I spend monthly on gas by reviewing my bank statements.

Guest Guest
I got so sick and tired of waiting behind lines of destitute people getting their daily fix of lottery tickets and cigarettes I decided to pay strictly at the pump.

@

Aint' that da truth???

Don't pump so fast ;)

Guest Guest
I've noticed the same thing.

The higher that gas prices go, the harder it is to stop the pump as precisely as you were used to. Each penny increment on the pump represents much less fuel than it used to.

For example, if prices have doubled in the past three years, then a penny on the pump represents half as much fuel as it did. Much harder to hit that on the money :)

@

Archived