One Injured, Another Charged After Fight At U-E

Guest Guest

Guest guest
It was only if you took away the wrench :blink: I'm all for helping out a friend in this type of situation, but not with a weapon.

yea i agree the wrench was to far but it was right of them to help

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

i agree with the people who think it was right for them to help out i dont think it went to far with the wrench i think they really shouldnt get time for it. It was all a matter of helping out a friend

P.S. and for all u people that say it was a "project" that the kids were doing and got it on tape its not true so dont mix up the whole thing just to make ur story look good u people who think you know thw whole story because of the news ur wrong you werent there

Guest grammar teacher
that has nothing to do with any of this there parents arent at fault for this the deserved it obviously the parents could do all they can and i dont think it will stop the kid from doing any of this im sure the kid deserved this or else i dont think a group of people would jump him just for the fun of it dont u think???

Punctuation is our friednd. Perhaps you need to go back to school

@

Time to take back the school and get these punks out. We parents should all organize a giant protest and get something done about this crap. The school is becoming more like a prison than a place of learning. School spirit day was yesterday and the pep rally had to be canceled because of another threat of these young punks that said they were going to come shoot up the school. There were armed guards posted all over the school again. This whole week has been terrifying for the students. A swat team was even there on Wednesday. I don't know about all the other parents, but I am sick to death of this crap going on and worried everyday that my daughter and all the other kids are going to get shot. Kids are terrified of going to school now and do not feel safe at all. They are even discussing places to hide if a shooting occurs. How can you be a kid and learn in an environment like this. We should organize a protest and maybe march on Main Street in Endicott and delay traffic until these punks are all thrown out of the school. If kids don't want to come and learn, thrown them out. We are sick of this. I am tired of having my daughter come home and tell me how scared she is everyday that there will be a shooting. It is time to take the school and the community back. Anyone with me? Or don't you care about the safety of your children? Let's do something. :angry:

To those that have asserted that the 19 year "deserved" it, I have a question. How is 2 or 3 or 4 against 1 a fair fight? If this guy had done something wrong, why didn't they call the police or the school administrators? That would have been the right thing to do.

As for the fight, I do not condone violence, but I do understand that there are times when a good old fist fight between 2 guys might be in order. The bottom line is that a mob mentality took over those kids. No one taught them to walk away and avoid the conflict. No one taught them that weapons are not fair. No one taught them to stop the conflict. The behavior (as described) was outrageous and has no place in society.

It scares me to think that these kids, with their inability to be reasonable in difficult situations, are going to soon be having kids of their own. I am afraid of what our society is becoming. I blame the parents.

2pelo:

I am basing my comments on information from TV & radio reports, as well as the article in the press that enumerated the charges filed in the case. Some of my comments were directed toward a few postings that indicated the 19 year old "deserved" it.

The reason I blame the parents is because these kids think it is ok to do these things. While I was in high school, my friends (as well as myself) would have been so afraid of the consequences - that we never would have participated. Additionally, if 2 guys had a beef with one another, they would have fought it out themselves. One would have seemed weak if he couldn't fight his own battle. I am not old, I am in my early 40's.

We have seen these situations before, on the news, and in other areas of the country. There is prominent case in the news now about 6 girls beating up on one. Now it is apparently happening here as well. Parents need to step up to the plate. Kids need to be taught about personal responsibility and consequences. These are not garden variety youthful offenses.

Guest Nellie

Whoa,who said life is fair. We better hope they throw these kids out.You heard of the no child left behind?,well when they put themon the bus to go to reform school,do not leave any behind.They do not want to learn so send them packing. To be honest,the school has gone down hill ever since the overload of non assertvie administrators. Not to be sexist but we need a boomer of a person in there,either a assertive man or a not so nice woman,sorry, that will put a little fear of discipline in them and start to straighten things out,at least a start. Oh,did they just hire a woman as Super?Too bad they did not hire Deinhardt from Binghamton,we needed him.We will see how tough the woman gets. We need some assertive school Board members also.Lets start putting some tough people back where it belongs.

@

2pelo:

I am basing my comments on information from TV & radio reports, as well as the article in the press that enumerated the charges filed in the case. Some of my comments were directed toward a few postings that indicated the 19 year old "deserved" it.

The reason I blame the parents is because these kids think it is ok to do these things. While I was in high school, my friends (as well as myself) would have been so afraid of the consequences - that we never would have participated. Additionally, if 2 guys had a beef with one another, they would have fought it out themselves. One would have seemed weak if he couldn't fight his own battle. I am not old, I am in my early 40's.

We have seen these situations before, on the news, and in other areas of the country. There is prominent case in the news now about 6 girls beating up on one. Now it is apparently happening here as well. Parents need to step up to the plate. Kids need to be taught about personal responsibility and consequences. These are not garden variety youthful offenses.

I completely agree. I am a recent graduate (last June) from high school. I agree 100% with what you're saying. I was one that feared the consequences of doing gang assaults. If I had a problem with someone I would usually try talking first, then resort to a one on one fight if I needed to. The problem is everytime I tried to reason the other dumb kid would get his friends involved. I refuse to have a friend step in, not even if it turned into 10 on 1. I've got my pride!

@

Guest Chrales Bronson
the 19 year old came and started a fight and beat up a high school student. The other studetns witnessed this and decided they werent going to allow thsi kid to get away with this and beat his DELETED . the 19 year olds friends got scared and didnt jump in and watched thier friend get pummeled. IT was wrong wut the high school kids did, however the 19 year old got what he had coming

The paper listed the arrested names. Half the names were of black guys the other half were white.

Was the 19 year old who got beat up white or black? Were the high school kids that did the beating white or black? The 19 year olds friends who watched, were they white or black? Was the kid who got beat up white or black?

Not questioning your post, BCD, just honestly curious about what did happen; i.e. any supposed reasoning behind it?

Was it in fact yet another animalistic attack, or did they think they were defending themselves?

I haven't heard anything of late. I guess we will just have to wait until one of them tries copping a plea in exchange for community service. I just hope the community is somewhere else!

Guest Guest
The paper listed the arrested names. Half the names were of black guys the other half were white.

Was the 19 year old who got beat up white or black? Were the high school kids that did the beating white or black? The 19 year olds friends who watched, were they white or black? Was the kid who got beat up white or black?

OH NO - If the victim was black - Al Sharpton will be on his way to UE High School!! :lol::lol:

@

Guest Guest
The 3 kids were jumping a UE kid so the UE kids that saw this werent going to watch their friend get jumped so they decided to help, i think its right what the UE kids did

When police are on the way - YOU DO NOT stick around - you get the heck out of there!!! All involved could be in big trouble - more than two people fighting could be charged as a conspiracy - and if the victim was a minority - the FBI could consider it a hate crime. Also because it happened on UE School property Ronnie Benjamin will probably contact victims to sue the UE School District!

Guest Joseph

The 19 year old was a Spanish guy who has a baby with one of young white girls(surprise!!) This big black dude who is trouble to the whole District was harassing her so he went to clear that up. the wanna Be white boys and his black friends ganged up on him because the Spanish guy was kicking the crap out of him in a fair fight on the football field. Half the other kids were not from U.E. either. I say with all the admisnistration we have,and the presence of a policeman at the School any one loitering shoud be arrested for that and begin to clean it up .I am sure that is going to happen sooner than later. What was the cop doing when all this was going on. Is he not supposed to know what is going on?In between all the vacations,conference days,fighting and babying that goes on in the schol when does learnign fo on with these people. No doubt those that want to learn are,but when does an accountability start to these troublemakers. Send them home if they do not learn and don't leave any "behind" when you send them all home. They have all these conferences on bullys,gangs, disciplilne, and what happens it only gets worse.Tell them at the beginning of the yezr that this is an institution of learning and that is what is going to go on,and if that does not happen,they will not be there,plalin and simple. You make the rules in the beginning,not when you have to based on trouble. What do these admisinsters learn when they get educatied to supposedly deal with these kids.Everyone knows things are differnet these days,but deal with them,that is what you are paid for.Deal with the situation so my kid can learn,not so you can try to make these troublemakers less trouble/

I believe administrators are taught reasonable disciplines. However, I think school attorney's tell them they can't because they will be sued for all sorts of things including discrimination and so forth. Law suits cost schools too many dollars - and many are settled out of court to avoid the higher cost of going to trial.

I'll say it again. It all comes back to the parents. If parents would discipline their own children, it wouldn't fall to the school to do the parenting. Instead, parents adopt the "it's not my kid" line and the kid learns to take advantage of that position.

Children need to learn to tell the truth. Adults that can't do this themselves are ill equipped to teach them.

@

Guest Guest
The 19 year old was a Spanish guy who has a baby with one of young white girls(surprise!!) This big black dude who is trouble to the whole District was harassing her so he went to clear that up. the wanna Be white boys and his black friends ganged up on him because the Spanish guy was kicking the crap out of him in a fair fight on the football field. Half the other kids were not from U.E. either. I say with all the admisnistration we have,and the presence of a policeman at the School any one loitering shoud be arrested for that and begin to clean it up .I am sure that is going to happen sooner than later. What was the cop doing when all this was going on. Is he not supposed to know what is going on?In between all the vacations,conference days,fighting and babying that goes on in the schol when does learnign fo on with these people. No doubt those that want to learn are,but when does an accountability start to these troublemakers. Send them home if they do not learn and don't leave any "behind" when you send them all home. They have all these conferences on bullys,gangs, disciplilne, and what happens it only gets worse.Tell them at the beginning of the yezr that this is an institution of learning and that is what is going to go on,and if that does not happen,they will not be there,plalin and simple. You make the rules in the beginning,not when you have to based on trouble. What do these admisinsters learn when they get educatied to supposedly deal with these kids.Everyone knows things are differnet these days,but deal with them,that is what you are paid for.Deal with the situation so my kid can learn,not so you can try to make these troublemakers less trouble/

Black and Spanish in the UE school district and one causes trouble? Man has the North side changed. This would have not been allowed in the 70's.

Who got soft? The cops or the residents? Man oh Man <_<

Archived