SHOOTOUT ... TIME

jmower71

"4. stop the race halfway and have the drivers switch cars. it would be a blind draw...put all the names in a hat and draw for what car they would drive. this would eliminate the cheating and unfair advantage of some teams cars."

According to NASCAR, all the cars, now that they have switched to the car of tomorrow, are the same. Of course there are slight variations depending on the manufacturer, but supposedly, they are all identical.

How many other sports are playing while sitting in a chair?

None.

Racing=not a sport.

I recently lost some weight. Does that make me an athlete?

So wheelchair athletes that are in a chair doing other sports can not be considered athletes or be doing anything athletic then? Move on doofus.

As for driving in heat with the windows up for 500 miles... Try doing it in a 800hp beast at speeds up to 200mph constantly with 30 other aggressive drivers running against you and tell me there's no sport to it. Obviously you've never spent time on a track.

"4. stop the race halfway and have the drivers switch cars. it would be a blind draw...put all the names in a hat and draw for what car they would drive. this would eliminate the cheating and unfair advantage of some teams cars."

According to NASCAR, all the cars, now that they have switched to the car of tomorrow, are the same. Of course there are slight variations depending on the manufacturer, but supposedly, they are all identical.

But the cars are setup for a particular driver - they dont come once size fits all .. seats are made to specifications of the drivers measurements.

Let Ol Marky get in Mikey W's car -- he wouldnt be able to reach the wheel ... LOL

Left Turn!

LOL! That's pretty much what I get out of the whole DELETED' thing too! Do you think they have a pre-race test which includes directions for the race? How would that read? Take a left, then a left, then another left, and a left, then another left...etc. It's not like they're going to get lost.

Time for an update:

Left Turn!

:D

Don't get me wrong, I may bust on NASCAR people sometimes, but it's just not something that keeps me riveted to the TV. Of course, the "action" is faster than the old fashioned ballgame I'll be watching soon(pitchers and catchers report next week). The ads fly by at 200 mph, and whoever stays ahead until the end wins. Is it for everybody? Of course not. Is it a sport? Not my call. The most impressive thing? Money. Man, I love seeing the money it generates. Jackets, hats, gloves, posters, etc., etc. Will I buy any of this stuff to display or wear? Heck no! Did I invest 5 figures last year in companies that make the stuff for others to buy? Sure did, and I'll do it again this year.

Keep growing NASCAR, and to you NASCAR fans: Keep watching, and keep buying!

OH, look! Another Left Turn!

Well maybe if you tried a Richard Petty driving experience (Like I did at Lowes MS) .. you might like it .. 164 mph average ... did the 30 lap school What a blast

The last time I was at a track was Watkins Glen back in the late 80's, got 1/2 crocked, I remember yelling "Catch the wave!" every time the red Coca Cola car went by..........

The last time I was at a track was Watkins Glen back in the late 80's, got 1/2 crocked, I remember yelling "Catch the wave!" every time the red Coca Cola car went by..........

Damn, talk about your fun times. "Catch the wave" ...wow... I wet myself just typing it goober.

So wheelchair athletes that are in a chair doing other sports can not be considered athletes or be doing anything athletic then? Move on doofus.

As for driving in heat with the windows up for 500 miles... Try doing it in a 800hp beast at speeds up to 200mph constantly with 30 other aggressive drivers running against you and tell me there's no sport to it. Obviously you've never spent time on a track.

Wheelchair Sports....now there's a bigger moneymaker.

No, you're right. I tend not to get in a vehicle and go 200 mph. That's because I'm not stoopit.

Wheelchair Sports....now there's a bigger moneymaker.

No, you're right. I tend not to get in a vehicle and go 200 mph. That's because I'm not stoopit.

God, just stick a needle in my eye..........

Archived