Get NASCAR out my Sports Section

Guest ERIC SHUN

Guest ERIC SHUN

I hate to hear the NASCAR is starting again.

Hate listening to all the woodchucks talking about it like it's important.

The media needs to remove it from the sports broadcast during the news, and have a special section for it in the newspaper.

The same section that would have Pro Rassling news would be a start.

It's not a sport and you have to admit it.

The car is the real athlete.

I have to agree. I'm a big fan of motorsports and even in my circles it's considered something like a joke. Everyone knows that there will be a flag six laps from the end and that the big named racers will move on up to the front right when the green drops whether they've been in the front pack or not. 98% of the race is the meaningless time in which everyone can drink some beers and wait driver a or driver b to post another victory and watch the Tide and Frufru Hair Product cars make their advertising laps.

What ever happened to running actual production cars with real people and real teams instead of the dog and pony corporate advertising show its become. The advertising money has gotten so good that foreign drivers are taking over since they can do so much better on their sponsorship deals than they can by driving in Brazil or Mexico.

I have to agree. I'm a big fan of motorsports and even in my circles it's considered something like a joke. Everyone knows that there will be a flag six laps from the end and that the big named racers will move on up to the front right when the green drops whether they've been in the front pack or not. 98% of the race is the meaningless time in which everyone can drink some beers and wait driver a or driver b to post another victory and watch the Tide and Frufru Hair Product cars make their advertising laps.

What ever happened to running actual production cars with real people and real teams instead of the dog and pony corporate advertising show its become. The advertising money has gotten so good that foreign drivers are taking over since they can do so much better on their sponsorship deals than they can by driving in Brazil or Mexico.

No different then watching some guy hit a ball with a club into a little hole, hit a ball with a stick and running in circles, bounce a ball and toss it thru a little hoop, half kill each other trying to get a ball from one end to another or hit this little black thing around on some ice trying to put it in a net.

Your all Red Necks

:) :)

No different then watching some guy hit a ball with a club into a little hole, hit a ball with a stick and running in circles, bounce a ball and toss it thru a little hoop, half kill each other trying to get a ball from one end to another or hit this little black thing around on some ice trying to put it in a net.

Your all Red Necks

:) :)

Without the fast car, the drivers would be back working at Hardees.

It's not a sport in the true sense of the word.

whats the biggest sport in the world!

MOTORSPORTS! did you ever see 160,000 fans and any baseball game or football? how about hockey or golf?

left turn..................left turn................left turn..............ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*yawn*

neckcar.jpg

It's definately a sport. You wouldn't have a football game without the football and you can't have the race without the racecar. Motorsports are somewhat unique in having the pre-event development and configuration of the automobile be such a large part of the event. All sports have their equipment to tweak and develop but it's a much bigger part of motorsports and you don't usually loose a baseball game becaue you used a poorly tanned glove during the game.

That said, NASCAR is to motorsports what professional wresting is to judo.

It's definately a sport. You wouldn't have a football game without the football and you can't have the race without the racecar. Motorsports are somewhat unique in having the pre-event development and configuration of the automobile be such a large part of the event. All sports have their equipment to tweak and develop but it's a much bigger part of motorsports and you don't usually loose a baseball game becaue you used a poorly tanned glove during the game.

That said, NASCAR is to motorsports what professional wresting is to judo.

the football doesn't generate it's own energy.

Car racing=not a sport.

i will never understand nascars popularity...i have been to 2 nascar races, one of which was the daytona 500 in 2001 when dale was killed. i paid 200$ to be wedged shoulder to shoulder with fat guys in the hot sun for hours! never again...

by comparison, i would say that nascar is to f1 like pro wrestling is to the UFC... FLOOR IT, TURN LEFT!

the arguement that it takes athletic ability to compete in nascar falls flat when you see the age and physical condition of some of the drivers...

OK you guys are right and millions of others are wrong Motorsports isnt a sport. Somebody better tell the networks so they can stop wasting the airtime, while youre at it maybe send notice to the millions who support it and tell them its not a sport because you dont like it and you say its not. i dont like golf and i say Golfis NOT a sport. All of my life ive been hearing people say they play golf because its relaxing and they enjoy it but i dont see it that way and I SAY ITS NOT A SPORT!

Show me a Cup driver that is not in good shape. Especially the 'older' guys, they are in excellent physical shape for their age, otherwise they wouldn't be able to endure the conditions. Do you see a grossly overweight 300 plus pound guy on steroids getting on a drivers suit and going out on the track (ie, football defensive blocker, etc....)

Trillions of bored lonely goobers can watch nascar, but it won't make it a sport.

You can PLAY basketball, football, baseball, tennis, etc.

But, you cannot play nascar.

It's the car that is the key, unless you think the car is the athlete.

What dopes!!

And you can't PLAY those other SPORTS without the proper EQUIPMENT either. Try playing basketball without the ball.... Or baseball without a bat.... or football without a ball.... or soccer without a ball or goals, etc.... nice try!

And you can't PLAY those other SPORTS without the proper EQUIPMENT either. Try playing basketball without the ball.... Or baseball without a bat.... or football without a ball.... or soccer without a ball or goals, etc.... nice try!

I don't see the comparison.

The balls do not do anything.

THe car has a motor that moves the driver, not the other way around.

I hate to hear the NASCAR is starting again.

Hate listening to all the woodchucks talking about it like it's important.

The media needs to remove it from the sports broadcast during the news, and have a special section for it in the newspaper.

The same section that would have Pro Rassling news would be a start.

It's not a sport and you have to admit it.

The car is the real athlete.

Your thing must be high school sports. You probably like watching young boys playing football. Most MEN get into NASCAR because we are born gearheads. Only peds and perverts hate NASCAR.

Go DELETED you loser.

Your thing must be high school sports. You probably like watching young boys playing football. Most MEN get into NASCAR because we are born gearheads. Only peds and perverts hate NASCAR.

Go DELETED you loser.

Sorry Howie, but I hate NASCAR too, like I just told my buddy "Celtic Witch" on another thread. I'm not a ped or a perv, but I will entertain DELETED for a dollar. You don't have any communicable diseases, do you?

Time for an update:

Left Turn!

biggrin.gif

Don't get me wrong, I may bust on NASCAR people sometimes, but it's just not something that keeps me riveted to the TV. Of course, the "action" is faster than the old fashioned ballgame I'll be watching soon(pitchers and catchers report next week). The ads fly by at 200 mph, and whoever stays ahead until the end wins. Is it for everybody? Of course not. Is it a sport? Not my call. The most impressive thing? Money. Man, I love seeing the money it generates. Jackets, hats, gloves, posters, etc., etc. Will I buy any of this stuff to display or wear? Heck no! Did I invest 5 figures last year in companies that make the stuff for others to buy? Sure did, and I'll do it again this year.

Keep growing NASCAR, and to you NASCAR fans: Keep watching, and keep buying!

OH, look! Another Left Turn!

Archived