Guest Boring

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Go blow a kazoo is the best ever.

Football linemen are not athletes.

Fast fat people are still fat.

See! Thanks for proving my point #5, soccer boy!

Actually my favorite in this whole post is where the guy said there are 10 QB's on the field in a soccer game!

Yeah, Ryan Leafs!

Guest Guest
Here are my givens:

1. NFL rules the US.

2. Soccer idiots have to compare far off lands to try to get any respect.

3. Soccer idiots try to tell you how hard soccer is.

4. Soccer idiots try to tell you how there is non-stopped action.

5. Soccer idiots try to tell you how football linemen are not athletes.

6. Soccer idiots will forget about soccer as soon as the FIFA is over. So will TV, and the rest of the world.

7. Soccer is boring, look at the scores.

8. Great soccer players can play in the NFL they are called KICKERS!

Go blow a kazoo

1. We all agree that the NFL is the top sport here.

2. Mexico is a far off land? Soccer rules that country and its right next door. Europe isn't exactly a desolate locale as you try to make it sound. Lots of people actually like going there.

3. All professional sports are difficult. Its the people who say you can't use your hands, there's no pads and not enough hitting that are idiots. Give respect to any athlete who competes at a world class level regardless of whether or not you personally like the sport.

4. A soccer game is 90 minutes long with a 10 minute half time, the game is always played inside 2 hours just like its supposed to. A football game is 60 minutes long but takes 3 and a half hours to get through because of all the stoppages, thats why many other countries don't watch football, 2 times more replays than actual game going on. Thats what they mean by non-stop action.

5. Never once have I ever said lineman weren't athletes, they are.. refer to #3 give respect to get respect. No soccer player is going to line up on a NFL line, just like no 350 lb DT is going to be able to run 90 minutes in the World Cup.

6. FIFA will never be over, its the ruling body for soccer nothing more. Did you mean the World Cup will be over for the year? And it will be back in 2014, Brazil. FYI the USA is in the running to host either 2018 or 2022, smart money is on 2022 right now because that would mean 3 Cups in a row out of Europe which has never happened. The rest of the world never stops watching its soccer. Less than one month after the Cup is done, the European Leagues will start training camp.

7. Soccer leagues generally average 2.5-3 goals a game scored. So yes its low scoring but its how the game is played. Is basketball the best cause it has the most points scored each game? No the NFL is your choice so its not about points.

Take out field goals and give 1 point for touchdowns and see what an average football score would look like..the average NFL team scores 20 points a game, thats 2 TD's and 2 FG's. So you would be looking at 2-2 or about 1 more goal a game than soccer puts up.

I am sorry soccer doesn't offer bonus kicks to get an extra point after scoring, or the chance to stop and say we want 5 for a goal with a bonus play to get 1 more point and or 2 if we can get it over the goal from 40 yards away. Our game is low scoring and its something we have to learn to deal with.

8. Honestly no great soccer player has ever went to kick in the NFL, most of those guys were average players with great leg strength but not the touch or speed to excel in soccer. I would like to see what a player like Maicon could do kicking, guys hits the ball 80 mph could be funny to watch. Hell a soccer goalie almost became the Jets kicker a few years back, and trust me goalies are normally not noted for their foot skill.

Guest Guest

2. Mexico is a far off land? Soccer rules that country and its right next door. Europe isn't exactly a desolate locale as you try to make it sound. Lots of people actually like going there.

3. All professional sports are difficult. Its the people who say you can't use your hands, there's no pads and not enough hitting that are idiots. Give respect to any athlete who competes at a world class level regardless of whether or not you personally like the sport.

4. A soccer game is 90 minutes long with a 10 minute half time, the game is always played inside 2 hours just like its supposed to. A football game is 60 minutes long but takes 3 and a half hours to get through because of all the stoppages, thats why many other countries don't watch football, 2 times more replays than actual game going on. Thats what they mean by non-stop action.

5. Never once have I ever said lineman weren't athletes, they are.. refer to #3 give respect to get respect. No soccer player is going to line up on a NFL line, just like no 350 lb DT is going to be able to run 90 minutes in the World Cup.

6. FIFA will never be over, its the ruling body for soccer nothing more. Did you mean the World Cup will be over for the year? And it will be back in 2014, Brazil. FYI the USA is in the running to host either 2018 or 2022, smart money is on 2022 right now because that would mean 3 Cups in a row out of Europe which has never happened. The rest of the world never stops watching its soccer. Less than one month after the Cup is done, the European Leagues will start training camp.

7. Soccer leagues generally average 2.5-3 goals a game scored. So yes its low scoring but its how the game is played. Is basketball the best cause it has the most points scored each game? No the NFL is your choice so its not about points.

Take out field goals and give 1 point for touchdowns and see what an average football score would look like..the average NFL team scores 20 points a game, thats 2 TD's and 2 FG's. So you would be looking at 2-2 or about 1 more goal a game than soccer puts up.

I am sorry soccer doesn't offer bonus kicks to get an extra point after scoring, or the chance to stop and say we want 5 for a goal with a bonus play to get 1 more point and or 2 if we can get it over the goal from 40 yards away. Our game is low scoring and its something we have to learn to deal with.

8. Honestly no great soccer player has ever went to kick in the NFL, most of those guys were average players with great leg strength but not the touch or speed to excel in soccer. I would like to see what a player like Maicon could do kicking, guys hits the ball 80 mph could be funny to watch. Hell a soccer goalie almost became the Jets kicker a few years back, and trust me goalies are normally not noted for their foot skill.

I think this was a great post.

I think blow a kazoo from another post is probably the funniest one liner of the whole topic.

Guest Guest
Personally I think this is a stupid comparison. The World Cup happens once every 4 years....its like the Olympics of Soccer. You wanna compare sorta apples to apples. Compare the MLS Cup to the Superbowl and then tell us who has more viewers, more advertising dollars, more revenue pumped into the host city....go ahead.

I promise you if the Super Bowl was held in South Africa compared to the World Cup in Aouth Africa the attendance wouldn't even compare. The dedication of soccer is far beyond that of football.

Guest Guest
You probably think it is a stupid comparison because you can't read.

Here are the givens in this thread:

1. NFL rules the US.

2. Soccer dominates the rest of the world.

3. Many have offered theories on why either 1 or 2 are so.

4. Football meatheads are still trying to prove 1 is right which we are already giving them,

and disproving 2 which is completely idiotic and small minded. They have a better chance of trying to

prove the moon is the primary source of heat and light for our planet.

5. Soccer fans know the MLS is small peanuts compared to the NFL.

6. There have been many opinions on how to make the game more appealing to Americans.

actually, i question if soccer is even a sport considering what lack of talent it takes to play the game and the fact that it could put an insomniac to sleep. and yes, i know what goes on the field.

Guest Guest
actually, i question if soccer is even a sport considering what lack of talent it takes to play the game and the fact that it could put an insomniac to sleep. and yes, i know what goes on the field.

try to read the good post above, guy said it well you dont have to like the game but give credit they are athletes at the highest level. you try and run at the pace those guys do all game and im sure you will have a diferent thought on if it takes any talent to do it.

Guest Guest
try to read the good post above, guy said it well you dont have to like the game but give credit they are athletes at the highest level. you try and run at the pace those guys do all game and im sure you will have a diferent thought on if it takes any talent to do it.

running around a field for a long time, and occasionally kicking a ball, does not make you an athlete. much of their running is out in the open. maybe if someone was tight to them all game it might seem more impressive, but not much. basketball players don't run alot?? and they actually are performing amazing athletic feats at the same time. sorry, weak post on your part.

Guest Guest
running around a field for a long time, and occasionally kicking a ball, does not make you an athlete. much of their running is out in the open. maybe if someone was tight to them all game it might seem more impressive, but not much. basketball players don't run alot?? and they actually are performing amazing athletic feats at the same time. sorry, weak post on your part.

You must be utterly clueless, why does Kobe Bryant give them credit? He open states he thinks Lionel Messi is one of the greatest athletes alive. Why does Steve Nash say that soccer players are some of the fittest players on the planet? Because he dropped that game for basketball while his brother plays for the Canadian National Soccer Team and his father played pro. He knows what it takes and how tough it is. Don't take your dislike for a game and try to say those guys aren't great athletes, each and every player in the World Cup would humble you athletically I promise it.

When two of the top pros in the sport you choose to prove your point with both say soccer players are top level athletes I'm guessing I'll trust their words over you. FYI these commercials were made by them with no endorsment money paid, its what they really love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MBpe0wRCu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7DMsuThvM8

Guest Guest

1. Agree, NFL is the #1 sport.

2. Mexico is over a days drive. Next door would be Elmira, bad example.

3. Never said anything about not using your hands etc....What the hell are you talking about?

4. Here we go again. A guy that wants to tell everybody how HARD it is to play soccer. And yes, he tries to put down football while doing it. See #3 from my earlier post, thanks for proving my point.

Here are my givens:

1. NFL rules the US.

2. Soccer idiots have to compare far off lands to try to get any respect.

3. Soccer idiots try to tell you how hard soccer is.

4. Soccer idiots try to tell you how there is non-stopped action.

5. Soccer idiots try to tell you how football linemen are not athletes.

6. Soccer idiots will forget about soccer as soon as the FIFA is over. So will TV, and the rest of the world.

7. Soccer is boring, look at the scores.

8. Great soccer players can play in the NFL they are called KICKERS!

Go blow a kazoo

5. I love how soccer fans always talk about the stamina of these players. I posted earlier in this whole mess about the announcer saying that there could have been more shots on goal but the players were just too tired. It ended 1-1. PS Never said a 350 pound DT could OR would play soccer.

6. Great, a financial wizard! Who cares where it's played! Out of Europe, out of Mexico or out of Africa! 3 cups in a row out of Europe! Wow, I think I've got a chubby!

7. I've talked to many soccer coaches in my day. They agree that one goal in soccer would be a TD in football. If football only scored 17-21 points a game TOTAL, I'd never watch it again. A 10-7 football game is not what it's about.

Why would you take out FG's? Is it part of the game? Yes. Then why would you take it out? Also, the NFL average total is about 40 + points. That would be around 7 soccer goals so your math doesn't come close to adding up.

You also lost me on bonus points blah, blah, blah. I'm just wondering why the NFL doesn't have a penalty pass like soccer has a penalty kick using your philosophy!

8. Now you can judge talent too? Thanks for all your help.

Guest Guest
You must be utterly clueless, why does Kobe Bryant give them credit? He open states he thinks Lionel Messi is one of the greatest athletes alive. Why does Steve Nash say that soccer players are some of the fittest players on the planet? Because he dropped that game for basketball while his brother plays for the Canadian National Soccer Team and his father played pro. He knows what it takes and how tough it is. Don't take your dislike for a game and try to say those guys aren't great athletes, each and every player in the World Cup would humble you athletically I promise it.

When two of the top pros in the sport you choose to prove your point with both say soccer players are top level athletes I'm guessing I'll trust their words over you. FYI these commercials were made by them with no endorsment money paid, its what they really love.

What are Bryant and Nash supposed to say about soccer? It's a pansy sport? Please remember that these two play a game similar to soccer. You touch somebody and you get a foul or a yellow card...

Guest Guest

yes, i know kobe bryant and steve nash are who i look to when judging soccer players. they play basketball. that's it. when not playing, i couldn't give a flying F what they say. rhodes scholars they are not. what if they said that the soccer players sucked, would you accept their words as fact?

Guest Guest
1. Agree, NFL is the #1 sport.

2. Mexico is over a days drive. Next door would be Elmira, bad example.

3. Never said anything about not using your hands etc....What the hell are you talking about?

4. Here we go again. A guy that wants to tell everybody how HARD it is to play soccer. And yes, he tries to put down football while doing it. See #3 from my earlier post, thanks for proving my point.

5. I love how soccer fans always talk about the stamina of these players. I posted earlier in this whole mess about the announcer saying that there could have been more shots on goal but the players were just too tired. It ended 1-1. PS Never said a 350 pound DT could OR would play soccer.

6. Great, a financial wizard! Who cares where it's played! Out of Europe, out of Mexico or out of Africa! 3 cups in a row out of Europe! Wow, I think I've got a chubby!

7. I've talked to many soccer coaches in my day. They agree that one goal in soccer would be a TD in football. If football only scored 17-21 points a game TOTAL, I'd never watch it again. A 10-7 football game is not what it's about.

Why would you take out FG's? Is it part of the game? Yes. Then why would you take it out? Also, the NFL average total is about 40 + points. That would be around 7 soccer goals so your math doesn't come close to adding up.

You also lost me on bonus points blah, blah, blah. I'm just wondering why the NFL doesn't have a penalty pass like soccer has a penalty kick using your philosophy!

8. Now you can judge talent too? Thanks for all your help.

2. Did you really just say Mexico is far a far away land because we live in Binghamton? So now California, Hawaii and Alaska are far away lands even though they are part of our country? Mexico is our countries neighbor, you don't look foolish saying because we are in the NE that its now too far away. For Texans or Californians its right there.

4. Never put down football I explained why the rest of the world doesn't see it as non stop action like soccer is. The clock and game don't stop all the time in soccer. In football there are breaks all the time, a 60 minute game takes 3 hours to play and that is not non stop action its a lot of stops. Just like the last two minutes of a basketball game that takes 20 minutes to finish. I love both sports but they stop a ton.

6. You were the one who said the world would forget about it, there is nothing farther from the truth the world is already looking forward to it and is planning on it. This event never is forgotten worldwide, it is the biggest sporting event there is without question

8. Yeah I can judge soccer players talent, played Div 1 with and against many guys who are now pros. I have also played soccer with a guy named Steve Christie more than a few times, you might know him he played for the Bills for a long time. Now he plays soccer again and did to keep in shape in the off season in western NY, which was his first love, but he didn't have the speed to go pro in the game so he focused on kicking and made a 15 year career out of it. He'll be the first to tell you that it takes a lot more than kicking to play pro soccer.

You've got to learn something.

Just because you post something that is positive and makes sense doesn't mean someone

isn't going to come out of the woods just to argue.

You can't win.

Great post but lineman are still fat non athletes. Better to piss on their party too.

If diplomacy worked the middle east would be a nice place to visit.

Guest Guest

Just because you post something that is positive and makes sense doesn't mean someone

You can't win.

Great post but lineman are still fat non athletes. Better to piss on their party too.

go blow a Kazoo

in Kabul

Guest Guest
yes, i know kobe bryant and steve nash are who i look to when judging soccer players. they play basketball. that's it. when not playing, i couldn't give a flying F what they say. rhodes scholars they are not. what if they said that the soccer players sucked, would you accept their words as fact?

If other pro athletes told me the guys I were watching weren't that skilled yeah I would probably question if the guys were real athletic. However after playing sports at a high level I know it wouldn't happen. True athletes respect other great athletes and know how tough it is to get to that level. Like it or not international level soccer players are top level athletes.

Guest Guest
2. Did you really just say Mexico is far a far away land because we live in Binghamton? So now California, Hawaii and Alaska are far away lands even though they are part of our country? Mexico is our countries neighbor, you don't look foolish saying because we are in the NE that its now too far away. For Texans or Californians its right there.

4. Never put down football I explained why the rest of the world doesn't see it as non stop action like soccer is. The clock and game don't stop all the time in soccer. In football there are breaks all the time, a 60 minute game takes 3 hours to play and that is not non stop action its a lot of stops. Just like the last two minutes of a basketball game that takes 20 minutes to finish. I love both sports but they stop a ton.

6. You were the one who said the world would forget about it, there is nothing farther from the truth the world is already looking forward to it and is planning on it. This event never is forgotten worldwide, it is the biggest sporting event there is without question

8. Yeah I can judge soccer players talent, played Div 1 with and against many guys who are now pros. I have also played soccer with a guy named Steve Christie more than a few times, you might know him he played for the Bills for a long time. Now he plays soccer again and did to keep in shape in the off season in western NY, which was his first love, but he didn't have the speed to go pro in the game so he focused on kicking and made a 15 year career out of it. He'll be the first to tell you that it takes a lot more than kicking to play pro soccer.

2. I see you are skipping points I've made because you have no response to them. That's OK. Name one other thing that Mexicans do that you want to do as well? I'm waiting...So the Mexicans playing soccer is supposed to prove what? Alaska is a far off land to you and I you idiot! They also have polar bears and igloos. Do we have any?

4. Who cares how long a 60 minute game takes. Who cares how many breaks they get. What does that have to do with it being a sport people enjoy? My point is simple, soccer fans want to tell you how tough their sport is. You and your buddy Bucked Tooth think that everybody should love soccer and enjoy putting down linemen on football teams to try and prove a point. Why?

6. The world will forget about it. In your small little world, you can sit around and think differently. Do you think for one minute the Simpson are going to do a soccer commercial after the World Cup? Give me a break.

8. Wow Steve Christie! Can you get his autograph? If you can get me one too. I'll give it to your friend Bucked Tooth! The funny thing is that the kickers are by far the worst overall athletes in the NFL. You give an example and think that the world is going to bow to a sport like that? I don't get it.

I also see you gave up on the scoring in the NFL was about the same as it is in soccer. Good call on your part.

Guest Guest
2. I see you are skipping points I've made because you have no response to them. That's OK. Name one other thing that Mexicans do that you want to do as well? I'm waiting...So the Mexicans playing soccer is supposed to prove what? Alaska is a far off land to you and I you idiot! They also have polar bears and igloos. Do we have any?

4. Who cares how long a 60 minute game takes. Who cares how many breaks they get. What does that have to do with it being a sport people enjoy? My point is simple, soccer fans want to tell you how tough their sport is. You and your buddy Bucked Tooth think that everybody should love soccer and enjoy putting down linemen on football teams to try and prove a point. Why?

6. The world will forget about it. In your small little world, you can sit around and think differently. Do you think for one minute the Simpson are going to do a soccer commercial after the World Cup? Give me a break.

8. Wow Steve Christie! Can you get his autograph? If you can get me one too. I'll give it to your friend Bucked Tooth! The funny thing is that the kickers are by far the worst overall athletes in the NFL. You give an example and think that the world is going to bow to a sport like that? I don't get it.

I also see you gave up on the scoring in the NFL was about the same as it is in soccer. Good call on your part.

I'm not skipping points because I don't have responses, i just can't explain everything simply enough for you to understand.

OK things I want to see you never use anymore. Warm Ocean Beaches, they are from far away lands and we don't have them here so stay away from them they are bad. No more TV's, computers, or any other electronic goods either. that stuff is all from far away lands so they are bad too. Make sure all your clothing is from here to, wouldn't want you dealing with far away lands to get any of that. Like it or not everything you get today is made in those far away places. You really are possibly the most ignorant poster I have ever seen. I never said I wanted to be in Mexico but I'm not dumb enough to call that a far away land.

You still ignore the point being made. I never said football wasn't enjoyable, I like to watch it. You threw down and said soccer isn't non-stop action. I pointed out what you failed to grasp twice now so this time I will type in big letters so maybe you will get it. FOOTBALL HAS A BREAK IN THE ACTION EVERY 6-7 SECONDS. THATS WHAT PEOPLE MEAN WHEN THEY SAY THE GAME ISN'T NON-STOP. A 60 MINUTE GAME TAKING 3+ HOURS SHOWS YOU IT IS FAR FROM NON STOP. YOU MAY LIKE THE STYLE OF FOOTBALL ACTION BETTER BUT THE WORLD DOESN'T SEE IT LIKE THAT, THEY WANT A GAME THAT KEEPS MOVING.

Hate to break it to you but if you go around the world, they will start talking about the next World Cup the day this one is over. You won't see the soccer commercials but they are out there. You already said you don't pay attention to "far away lands" well the USA is 350 million people and the world is 7 Billion. I can promise that the more of the world is paying attention to it. The USA is now less than 5% of the worlds population, we are a distinct minority on this topic. Why do you think Nike is pushing soccer so much, its where the money is. There are 4-5 soccer leagues that all make as much money as the NFL does and another 15-20 leagues on top of that. Smart business people go after the sport with 15x the amount of players and fans, thats soccer.

You questioned my ability to judge kickers ability as soccer players. I've met and talked with one, he agreed with what I said. When that was pointed out you resorted to saying soccer sucks again. I simply said from the beginning that kickers are not top level soccer players. The top level soccer players have skills that they kickers didn't have thats why they became kickers and left the other game.

Guest Guest

You can't win.

to say that football lineman are not athletes shows a profound ignorance of the game. it takes much more than running alot to make you an athlete. your statement is a sign you shouldn't be involved in this discussion.

Guest Guest
If other pro athletes told me the guys I were watching weren't that skilled yeah I would probably question if the guys were real athletic. However after playing sports at a high level I know it wouldn't happen. True athletes respect other great athletes and know how tough it is to get to that level. Like it or not international level soccer players are top level athletes.

so if i could find where 2 well known athletes said they don't consider them great athletes, you would be torn, right?

to say that football lineman are not athletes shows a profound ignorance of the game. it takes much more than running alot to make you an athlete. your statement is a sign you shouldn't be involved in this discussion.

I started this conversation, so mix in a salad and get your body fat% under 25.

Guest Guest
so if i could find where 2 well known athletes said they don't consider them great athletes, you would be torn, right?

I've already listed 15-20 who would counter that but go ahead and try, but remember its not them saying the don't enjoy soccer or like to watch the game, its finding 2 elite level pro athletes that say its non athletic. You'll find out that top level athletes respect each other for what they have all accomplished.

Guest Guest
I've already listed 15-20 who would counter that but go ahead and try, but remember its not them saying the don't enjoy soccer or like to watch the game, its finding 2 elite level pro athletes that say its non athletic. You'll find out that top level athletes respect each other for what they have all accomplished.

didn't see your 15-20 man list. not sure what you mean.

Guest Guest
didn't see your 15-20 man list. not sure what you mean.

From page one or two of this whole thread, I've mentioned many others as well. The top athletes have respect for each other like I said

Ask Steve Nash or Kobe Bryant how they feel about soccer...nothing but respect and admiration for the game from guys like that who know and respect other top level athletes. Ask Nomar Garciaparra or Johnny Damon what they feel about the game, both are huge supporters of soccer. Nomar met his wife through the game. Chad Ocho-cinco is a big supporter of the game and if you want tough guys ask Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard or Oscar De La Hoya what they feel, all huge soccer fans. True athletes respect other great athletes for the skill and ability it takes to compete at the highest level.

Archived