World Cup Proves

Guest Boring

Guest Guest
I started this conversation, so mix in a salad and get your body fat% under 25.

so that's why they can run around 6.0 40 and weigh 330? they can pull on a sweep like a cat to open a hole. they know blocking techniques that require leverage and hand skills nobody posesses. and they have to change blocking schemes in a heartbeat on an audible and the center calling out things to handle a blitz. plus , they need to do it all without holding. if you have never played the game, you have no clue. they are not meant for endurance. that is why football is the greatest sport in the world. it combines different kinds of athletes to form a working unit. it is brutal yet graceful. it is power and speed kills. and cowards are not allowed. what more do you want out of a sport? just because a bunch of proven pussies across the world don't get it, doesn't mean it's not true.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
From page one or two of this whole thread, I've mentioned many others as well. The top athletes have respect for each other like I said

Ask Steve Nash or Kobe Bryant how they feel about soccer...nothing but respect and admiration for the game from guys like that who know and respect other top level athletes. Ask Nomar Garciaparra or Johnny Damon what they feel about the game, both are huge supporters of soccer. Nomar met his wife through the game. Chad Ocho-cinco is a big supporter of the game and if you want tough guys ask Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard or Oscar De La Hoya what they feel, all huge soccer fans. True athletes respect other great athletes for the skill and ability it takes to compete at the highest level.

i'm not doubting your list, but not impressed. mike tyson?? are you kidding me?? chad the self hyped average WR. he's best known for being a fool. is it possible there are twice as many top athletes who think soccer is a joke but don't feel the need to say so? most of the guys you mention LOVE to blab their mouth to anyone that will listen. sorry, i ain't buying it.

Guest Guest
i'm not doubting your list, but not impressed. mike tyson?? are you kidding me?? chad the self hyped average WR. he's best known for being a fool. is it possible there are twice as many top athletes who think soccer is a joke but don't feel the need to say so? most of the guys you mention LOVE to blab their mouth to anyone that will listen. sorry, i ain't buying it.

Try to find them and post it...but it won't happen. Guys who know what its takes to excel in any sport respect guys who have the talent to do it in another regardless of how they feel about the game, Mike Golic said that many times on Mike & Mike. He respects the soccer players, but he never really followed the game cause it didn't interest him which is fine. Understand to be in the World Cup is like the Olympics, it goes beyond just being good. Its like the Dream Team out of all the NBA players only 12 get to be selected at that level, lots of great athletes are left out because its so selective.

Guest Guest
Try to find them and post it...but it won't happen. Guys who know what its takes to excel in any sport respect guys who have the talent to do it in another regardless of how they feel about the game, Mike Golic said that many times on Mike & Mike. He respects the soccer players, but he never really followed the game cause it didn't interest him which is fine. Understand to be in the World Cup is like the Olympics, it goes beyond just being good. Its like the Dream Team out of all the NBA players only 12 get to be selected at that level, lots of great athletes are left out because its so selective.

the fact that there are only a handful of people you listed, that aren't considered insane, that say what you say, is not impressive. it leads me to believe that most elite athletes don't share that view and just don't want to disrespect anyone. otherwise, more of them would be more complimentary during the world cup. that isn't happening. check mate.

Guest Guest
the fact that there are only a handful of people you listed, that aren't considered insane, that say what you say, is not impressive. it leads me to believe that most elite athletes don't share that view and just don't want to disrespect anyone. otherwise, more of them would be more complimentary during the world cup. that isn't happening. check mate.

Translation- You can't find one real athlete that shares ypur pathetic armchair QB view. Find 1 pro athlete of note to support your side before you ever post again..until then Case Closed Argument Over

Guest Joe Lefebvre

ENOUGH OF THIS FOOTBALL VS SOCCER NON-SENSE !!!

What a freakin game today !!! I'm hooked now !!!

Come on MEATHEADS - get behind this USA team. The heart this team played with today (as well as against Slovenia) was incredible.

That good old fashioned American "never-say-die" attitude seems engrained in these young men. I have become a believer in this team. As it looks right now, with Serbia losing to Australia, the USA will not be playing Germany in the Round of 16.

That opens the door for the USA to make it to the FINAL FOUR or further.

They ripped off ~20 shots and played an aggressive style that was actually fun to watch (even though they only put one in the net).

USA-USA-USA

I have to say - this is fast approaching the Miracle on Ice. Win it all and this team would rank right up there with the all-time great American Underdog stories.

Love it !

Alright all you soccer haters out there really don’t know what you’re talking about. Just because America is obsessed with violence doesn’t mean sports lacking constant tackling is any less of a sport. Soccer is a sport that takes great athleticism more than most sports actually. During one soccer match a player runs on average 6.8 to 8.07 miles; keeping in mind soccer players only have a ten minute break at half time as opposed to football which is mostly standing around. Apart from America soccer is the best and biggest sport in all other countries in the world. The sport is their lives, so how can you people argue that soccer isn't a sport when the rest of the world worships it? And if you have a problem with soccer being on ESPN for the world cup then just turn the damn TV off. But you don’t need to go spewing your hatred of soccer. The USA just made it to the next round...have some pride in your country and have some respect for these tremendous athletes who work their butts off everyday.

Guest Guest
Alright all you soccer haters out there really don’t know what you’re talking about. Just because America is obsessed with violence doesn’t mean sports lacking constant tackling is any less of a sport. Soccer is a sport that takes great athleticism more than most sports actually. During one soccer match a player runs on average 6.8 to 8.07 miles; keeping in mind soccer players only have a ten minute break at half time as opposed to football which is mostly standing around. Apart from America soccer is the best and biggest sport in all other countries in the world. The sport is their lives, so how can you people argue that soccer isn't a sport when the rest of the world worships it? And if you have a problem with soccer being on ESPN for the world cup then just turn the damn TV off. But you don’t need to go spewing your hatred of soccer. The USA just made it to the next round...have some pride in your country and have some respect for these tremendous athletes who work their butts off everyday.

Another douche that is going to try to pump up soccer by putting football down. This just in, it doesn't work...

Guest Guest
I'm not skipping points because I don't have responses, i just can't explain everything simply enough for you to understand.

OK things I want to see you never use anymore. Warm Ocean Beaches, they are from far away lands and we don't have them here so stay away from them they are bad. No more TV's, computers, or any other electronic goods either. that stuff is all from far away lands so they are bad too. Make sure all your clothing is from here to, wouldn't want you dealing with far away lands to get any of that. Like it or not everything you get today is made in those far away places. You really are possibly the most ignorant poster I have ever seen. I never said I wanted to be in Mexico but I'm not dumb enough to call that a far away land.

You still ignore the point being made. I never said football wasn't enjoyable, I like to watch it. You threw down and said soccer isn't non-stop action. I pointed out what you failed to grasp twice now so this time I will type in big letters so maybe you will get it. FOOTBALL HAS A BREAK IN THE ACTION EVERY 6-7 SECONDS. THATS WHAT PEOPLE MEAN WHEN THEY SAY THE GAME ISN'T NON-STOP. A 60 MINUTE GAME TAKING 3+ HOURS SHOWS YOU IT IS FAR FROM NON STOP. YOU MAY LIKE THE STYLE OF FOOTBALL ACTION BETTER BUT THE WORLD DOESN'T SEE IT LIKE THAT, THEY WANT A GAME THAT KEEPS MOVING.

Hate to break it to you but if you go around the world, they will start talking about the next World Cup the day this one is over. You won't see the soccer commercials but they are out there. You already said you don't pay attention to "far away lands" well the USA is 350 million people and the world is 7 Billion. I can promise that the more of the world is paying attention to it. The USA is now less than 5% of the worlds population, we are a distinct minority on this topic. Why do you think Nike is pushing soccer so much, its where the money is. There are 4-5 soccer leagues that all make as much money as the NFL does and another 15-20 leagues on top of that. Smart business people go after the sport with 15x the amount of players and fans, thats soccer.

You questioned my ability to judge kickers ability as soccer players. I've met and talked with one, he agreed with what I said. When that was pointed out you resorted to saying soccer sucks again. I simply said from the beginning that kickers are not top level soccer players. The top level soccer players have skills that they kickers didn't have thats why they became kickers and left the other game.

Probably the dumbest post I've ever seen. How do you come to say warm beaches and TV's are bad from what I said?

Next, I never said football is non-stopped action. I did say that soccer is NOT. I've seen games where the ball just keeps going out of bounce, no shots on goal and the score is 0-0. If that's action, I'd rather not watch a sport at all. You go on to say the world want a game that keeps moving? Not the US buddy, where you live. Just because Guatamalan's play soccer and bath in the local creek doesn't mean everybody else wants to!

Another great opinion on how you "hate to break it to me." Once again, not in the US will they be talking about the next one. You also say that "you won't see the soccer commercials but they are out there." Out where? Cyberspace?

Then you get stupid. There are 4-5 soccer leagues that make what the NFL does? Do you smoke crack? You go on again to say that there are 15x the fans? Once again, where? Plus, using your pathetic math, if we are only 5% of the population and there are only 15x the fans, that's pretty pathetic!!!!!!

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you're going to tell me that place kickers in the NFL left the game of soccer because they weren't good at it? Wow, that's probably some of the worst logic I've ever heard! Shayne Graham made $2.5 million last year. That was the average of the top 5 kickers in the NFL. Sebastian Janikowski extended his contract with the Oakland Raiders for $16 million over the next 4 years, including $9 million in guaranteed money, making him the highest paid placekicker in NFL history. I'm sure he'd have to play goalie if he ever played.

Sounds to me if these guys WEREN'T THAT GOOD, and can make that kind of money, all the GOOD SOCCER PLAYERS would jump ship and make money! Give me a break! You have to stop it, I just pissed myself when I read that last part you wrote!

Guest Guest

[/quoute

i watched detailed highlights of the game on ESPN immediately after it was over. i saw a 91 minute game with one goal. i saw the US miss at least 6 wide open net shots that i could have made. i saw algeria play the worst defense in the history of the game, yet the US let them hang around. looks like the greatest athletes can't kick the ball into a wide open net. and this is the best of the best? truly pathetic.

Guest Guest
Translation- You can't find one real athlete that shares ypur pathetic armchair QB view. Find 1 pro athlete of note to support your side before you ever post again..until then Case Closed Argument Over

as if athletes who thought that way would say it publically. you have a handful of guys who are best known for being fools on your side. why not more credible athletes?

you are right, case closed.

Guest Guest
as if athletes who thought that way would say it publically. you have a handful of guys who are best known for being fools on your side. why not more credible athletes?

you are right, case closed.

I toldyou stop posting until you find 1 quote to support your statements. They won't say it because they know its not true.

You have been owned, deal with it and shut up

Guest Guest
, all the GOOD SOCCER PLAYERS would jump ship and make money! Give me a break! You have to stop it, I just pissed myself when I read that last part you wrote!

Here's the salaries you would have to give up to get the good soccer players to jump ship (yeah soccer players make more than NFL stars, the sport is far more popular)

$ 29 Million David Beckham

$ 24 Million Christiano Ronaldo

$ 23 Million Thierry Henry

$ 22 Million Ronaldinho

$ 22 Million Kaka

$ 21 Million Zlatan Ibrohimovic

$ 20 Million Lionel Messi

$ 19 Million John Terry

$ 19 Million Frank Lampard

They are all paid as much if not more than Peyton Manning the highest paid player in NFL History, no chance you'll ever see a good soccer player give up the money they can make to kick for a football team.

Guest Guest
I toldyou stop posting until you find 1 quote to support your statements. They won't say it because they know its not true.

You have been owned, deal with it and shut up

you think a handful of quotes from some of sports biggest morons means anything. the others wouldn't be negative for public image, moron. you are an idiot which explains why you defend soccer. you don't tell me anything.

Guest Guest
Here's the salaries you would have to give up to get the good soccer players to jump ship (yeah soccer players make more than NFL stars, the sport is far more popular)

$ 29 Million David Beckham

$ 24 Million Christiano Ronaldo

$ 23 Million Thierry Henry

$ 22 Million Ronaldinho

$ 22 Million Kaka

$ 21 Million Zlatan Ibrohimovic

$ 20 Million Lionel Messi

$ 19 Million John Terry

$ 19 Million Frank Lampard

They are all paid as much if not more than Peyton Manning the highest paid player in NFL History, no chance you'll ever see a good soccer player give up the money they can make to kick for a football team.

these salaries are for one season with no endorsements?? don't make me expose your lies.

so that's why they can run around 6.0 40 and weigh 330? they can pull on a sweep like a cat to open a hole. they know blocking techniques that require leverage and hand skills nobody posesses. and they have to change blocking schemes in a heartbeat on an audible and the center calling out things to handle a blitz. plus , they need to do it all without holding. if you have never played the game, you have no clue. they are not meant for endurance. that is why football is the greatest sport in the world. it combines different kinds of athletes to form a working unit. it is brutal yet graceful. it is power and speed kills. and cowards are not allowed. what more do you want out of a sport? just because a bunch of proven pussies across the world don't get it, doesn't mean it's not true.

6.0 in the 40??

That is smoking for a fat guy.

Trying to kill all the football stigmas in one post too??

Yea....cuz football players are not only great athletes they are smart too.

i watched detailed highlights of the game on ESPN immediately after it was over. i saw a 91 minute game with one goal. i saw the US miss at least 6 wide open net shots that i could have made. i saw algeria play the worst defense in the history of the game, yet the US let them hang around. looks like the greatest athletes can't kick the ball into a wide open net. and this is the best of the best? truly pathetic.

How do you know what good defense is?? You don't watch it.

History of the game?? You're too funny.

Guest Guest

History of the game in one word: Boring. Need I say more?

Guest Guest
6.0 in the 40??

That is smoking for a fat guy.

Beckham is about 165 pounds. Christiano Ronaldo is abut 170 pounds.

Compared to a guys half his size, I'd say 6.0 is flying. Soccer's like a bunch of stick figures running around on turf.

Guest Cannabis
You mean people in the US. If you think the soccer coaches don't have personality, you don't know the game.

I never said anything about personality. Right, I was talking about people in the US because I was responding as to why American Football is more popular in the US than soccer. I realize people in EUrope are going to have more knowledge about soccer, since it is their #1 sport.

Guest Guest

Makes you wonder what would happen if all the kids who went out for football, basketball and baseball in this county decided to play soccer instead. I'm guessing the US would win every game in the World Cup by the score of 10-0

Guest Guest

so you tell me. do teams normally get that many scoring chances in a game. if they could have hit an open net it would have 6-0. are you disputing that their defense was horrible? if you are, i know more about the game than you do.

Archived