World Cup Proves

Guest Boring

Guest Guest
Trying to kill all the football stigmas in one post too??

Yea....cuz football players are not only great athletes they are smart too.

i don't know about off the field, but they do require intelligence on the field. idiots like you think they just line up and try to run over someone. the blocking schemes used are much more complex. they have to account for everyone on D while the D is faking things. they have to pull at the right time to lead a running back. they have the center call signals seconds before the snap and change their scheme. that's very difficult to do. they have to memorize a 200 pla plabook. they also have to block at the next level. i'll explain this too you since you are clueless. that's when they their first block on a lineman and disengage him and then go after the linebacker. they have to do all that in around 4 seconds. plus, i'm sure all soccer players are brain surgeons. keep posting, you are making it easy.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

lets see if this helps with the scoring issue..if every hockey player or any other athlete in a high shooting sport put all of his shots on net and scored when he was 1v1 then every sport would have high scoring...lets see all of you genius's score a goal with your foot from any distance in soccer game

Guest dave murray

I think Bruce Dickinson is the best soccer player on earthI saw him deek jannick getrz and score on

nicko mcbrain it was spectacular.

Guest Guest
lets see if this helps with the scoring issue..if every hockey player or any other athlete in a high shooting sport put all of his shots on net and scored when he was 1v1 then every sport would have high scoring...lets see all of you genius's score a goal with your foot from any distance in soccer game

i'm sure that post makes sense to someone somewhere.

Guest Guest
Go blow a kazoo is the best ever.

Football linemen are not athletes.

Fast fat people are still fat.

Come on now. I expect you of all people to be objective, though they try to pull you down to their level.

Those lineman are great athletes! Seriously, they are.

There are hundreds of fat 300-pound lineman coming out colleges every year, yet maybe 3 are taken in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Why? Because those 3 are great athletes compared to the left over hundreds who can't hold a candle to them. The top linemen can bench double your weight, and squat triple your weight or more, have great balance, and can crush you in the three-cone-drill 10 times in a row without slowing down.

They are fat because that's what the position calls for. Apparently you don't realize just how strong those guys are, while being that incredibly balanced, quick, and agile for a person that size. Again, there's a reason why a select few beat out hundreds of 300-pound guys every year, and teams pay them as much as 1st round drafted QBs get paid!

You can't really think they aren't athletes? I'm not saying they are Jordan, Federer, Griffey Jr., Donovan, etc. But come on now!

Guest Guest
you think a handful of quotes from some of sports biggest morons means anything. the others wouldn't be negative for public image, moron. you are an idiot which explains why you defend soccer. you don't tell me anything.

Are you really saying Steve Nash isn't credible? or Johnny Damon? I am sure Kobe Bryant knows what it takes to be an elite athlete.

Face facts you can't find 1 person who knows what top level sports takes by being there to support your view. You have to try and take the argument another way.

I'll say this one last time, find a top level athlete to say soccer isn't athletic like you have over and over. Until you can find one of them this argument is done.

Guest Guest
I'll say this one last time, find a top level athlete to say soccer isn't athletic like you have over and over. Until you can find one of them this argument is done.

Where's Charles Barkley? I bet I can get him to say it!

Guest Guest
Where's Charles Barkley? I bet I can get him to say it!

Nope, Barkley is very open about sports and he feels Tiger Woods is the greatest athlete alive. When challenged he told other NBA analysts that just because golf doesn't look as athletic as basketball it doesn't mean Tiger isn't an athlete, anyone in professional sports is a great athlete its just a matter of what skills they use in their game. That would include soccer, hockey etc.. not just the big 3 sports.

Guest Guest
Are you really saying Steve Nash isn't credible? or Johnny Damon? I am sure Kobe Bryant knows what it takes to be an elite athlete.

Face facts you can't find 1 person who knows what top level sports takes by being there to support your view. You have to try and take the argument another way.

once again, you think you can tell me things and i will obey you. you're wrong about that. no, i don't think anyone you mentioned is credible when commenting on anything other than their sport. johnny damon?? are you serious?? of course nobody will come out and rip it. the fact that so few athletes have come out and praised it, during the world cup, should be a sign to you they don't think much of it, or could care less. now the argument is done.

Guest Guest
once again, you think you can tell me things and i will obey you. you're wrong about that. no, i don't think anyone you mentioned is credible when commenting on anything other than their sport. johnny damon?? are you serious?? of course nobody will come out and rip it. the fact that so few athletes have come out and praised it, during the world cup, should be a sign to you they don't think much of it, or could care less. now the argument is done.

Have you not been listening to sports radio or watching ESPN? I have seen at least many guys in the past two days praise the US Soccer team for how they have played all of them being current or former all-star players. Reggie Miller called the Dan Patrick show to talk soccer for 15 minutes this morning. He gave tons of credit to the players for what they are doing. he compared the US teams rise to the foreign basketball teams improving to the point where USA Basketball had to change things to remain on top in the sport.

Tony Parker was on ESPN talking about what a problem the French team had caused and also praised the US players for a great showing. Cal Ripken was interviewed and talked about how impressed he was with the team and how they never gave up and fought through the bad breaks without complaining to come out as winners. Hakeem Olajawon was on talking about how important the Cup was to the African people and that he would be pulling for his Nigerian countrymen (who ended up tiening and being knocked out), but he also wished the athletes on the US team success as well, and yes he did say athletes.

I know none of those guys is a credible athlete either..Parker 2 time NBA champ, Olajawon 2 time champ and former MVP, Ripken is only on of the most revered players in MLB history.

Your argument is shot...until you can find 1 player who supports you stop posting..

Guest Guest
Have you not been listening to sports radio or watching ESPN? I have seen at least many guys in the past two days praise the US Soccer team for how they have played all of them being current or former all-star players. Reggie Miller called the Dan Patrick show to talk soccer for 15 minutes this morning. He gave tons of credit to the players for what they are doing. he compared the US teams rise to the foreign basketball teams improving to the point where USA Basketball had to change things to remain on top in the sport.

Tony Parker was on ESPN talking about what a problem the French team had caused and also praised the US players for a great showing. Cal Ripken was interviewed and talked about how impressed he was with the team and how they never gave up and fought through the bad breaks without complaining to come out as winners. Hakeem Olajawon was on talking about how important the Cup was to the African people and that he would be pulling for his Nigerian countrymen (who ended up tiening and being knocked out), but he also wished the athletes on the US team success as well, and yes he did say athletes.

I know none of those guys is a credible athlete either..Parker 2 time NBA champ, Olajawon 2 time champ and former MVP, Ripken is only on of the most revered players in MLB history.

Your argument is shot...until you can find 1 player who supports you stop posting..

Do you really think those guys are going to badmouth soccer? Even if they thought it was crap? It's bad PR and would make them look like elitist jerks for saying anything bad about another sport. As if they are better because their sport is better. They would get ripped and harassed by the sports media world.

You need to find a better argument then a bunch of nice guy hall of famers who don't want to say anything bad, in fear of getting ripped by the sports media. Not that they would say anything bad, but that's a really poor argument in favor of soccer.

Those guys wouldn't speak out if they wanted to!!!

Guest Guest
Nope, Barkley is very open about sports and he feels Tiger Woods is the greatest athlete alive. When challenged he told other NBA analysts that just because golf doesn't look as athletic as basketball it doesn't mean Tiger isn't an athlete, anyone in professional sports is a great athlete its just a matter of what skills they use in their game. That would include soccer, hockey etc.. not just the big 3 sports.

Sorry I mentioned Barkley, it was more of a joke. But know I know that Barkley is perhaps the biggest moron in the world!

First of all, Albert Pujols wins over Tiger without debate, because Pujols has to swing at a moving ball, from a 95 mph fastball to curveballs and sliders, without knowing what pitch is coming, while Tiger's ball is sitting neatly on a tee where no one is allowed to make a sound to distract him.

Tiger is a better athlete than:

Pujols (baseball)

LeBron (basketball)

Donovan (soccer)

Ronaldo (soccer)

Federer (tennis)

Bolt (track sprinter)

Mayweather Jr (boxer)

Chris Johnson (football runningback)

Crosby (Hockey)

Barkley is an obviously a moron! He just has a man-crush on the best player in his favorite gambling sport.

Guest fedor
Sorry I mentioned Barkley, it was more of a joke. But know I know that Barkley is perhaps the biggest moron in the world!

First of all, Albert Pujols wins over Tiger without debate, because Pujols has to swing at a moving ball, from a 95 mph fastball to curveballs and sliders, without knowing what pitch is coming, while Tiger's ball is sitting neatly on a tee where no one is allowed to make a sound to distract him.

Pujols (baseball)

LeBron (basketball)

Donovan (soccer)

Ronaldo (soccer)

Federer (tennis)

Bolt (track sprinter)

Mayweather Jr (boxer)

Crosby (Hockey)

Barkley is an obviously a moron! He just has a man-crush on the best player in his favorite gambling sport.

brock lesnar would destroy any of them.

Guest Guest
with all the pads in football its just a pussyed version of rugby enough said

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If Ray Lewis played rugby instead of football, the ambulances could take the night off because they'd have hearses lined up along the sidelines ... one for each opposing player.

Guest Guest

Pujols (baseball)

Thanks for ending the argument for me, you can't even keep track of the BS you try to spew, so Albert is a better athlete than Tiger but Tiger is a better athlete than Pujols. You are just a moron who wants to claim to be an expert but who obviously has no idea what it takes to be a great athlete.

Guest Guest

you still don't get it. why would these guys be considered experts on soccer? they never played it at a high level. they can root for their country, but they don't know squat about soccer. they want attention and to look like american heroes. nobody but you is taking them seriously.

Guest paul dianno
I think Bruce Dickinson is the best soccer player on earthI saw him deek jannick getrz and score on

nicko mcbrain it was spectacular.

i've often said if iron maiden were allowed to enter the world cup, they would run away with it. myself, clive burr and adrian smith would all reunite to kick the US's arse, mate.

Guest Guest

Your argument is pathetic. That's like saying the week before opening day of the NFL everybody called in to talk football! How dumb can you be. Actually, notice I said opening day. That's about the same comparison. Use your example the week of the super bowl to compare the outpouring of people praising these teams and players.

Once again, what was Ripkin suposed to say? Of course Olajuwon, notice the spelling, will talk about how important the cup was to the Nigerians. That's there sport!

Final thought, the cup comes at a great time for soccer fans. The NHL and NBA just finished up. MLB has 162 games so it's OK to miss about 80 of them. The NFL doesn't start up for a while. The only thing they have to contend with is tennis! Which BTW I've been watching over soccer!

Pujols (baseball)

LeBron (basketball)

Donovan (soccer)

Ronaldo (soccer)

Federer (tennis)

Bolt (track sprinter)

Mayweather Jr (boxer)

Crosby (Hockey)

No.

I have all the respect in the world for soccer but this is just plain wrong

Guest Guest-soccer_fan-*
Your argument is pathetic. That's like saying the week before opening day of the NFL everybody called in to talk football! How dumb can you be. Actually, notice I said opening day. That's about the same comparison. Use your example the week of the super bowl to compare the outpouring of people praising these teams and players.

Once again, what was Ripkin suposed to say? Of course Olajuwon, notice the spelling, will talk about how important the cup was to the Nigerians. That's there sport!

Final thought, the cup comes at a great time for soccer fans. The NHL and NBA just finished up. MLB has 162 games so it's OK to miss about 80 of them. The NFL doesn't start up for a while. The only thing they have to contend with is tennis! Which BTW I've been watching over soccer!

First don't correct someone's typos or error and then misspell Ripken while also using there instead of their. It makes you look bad.

Second you have been challenged by the guy to find one pro athlete to support your view at any time, not this week, not this month just find one to support you. Please stop avoiding that by trying to make excuses why the other person can continually add more supporters and you've yet to find a single detractor.

Lastly, World Cup soccer is outdrawing the NHL ratings now here in the USA, and it isn't far behind the NBA which has lost a lot of popularity in the past 10 years since Jordan left. Enjoy watching Wimbledon, its a great event as well.

Second you have been challenged by the guy to find one pro athlete to support your view at any time, not this week, not this month just find one to support you. Please stop avoiding that by trying to make excuses why the other person can continually add more supporters and you've yet to find a single detractor.

He can't.

It is characteristic of football meatheads to rip soccer at no cost and with no rationale.

They feel that football is entitled to unbridled support to no end and senselessly rip any other

sports because locally football is paid too much attention.

Then,

try to fabricate the myth of "all the pro athletes that hate soccer" won't come out to say it to avoid the very elitist

attitude they take toward soccer.

In Summary,

Buy your fat kid a Jamarcus Russell jersey

Tell him he is an athlete because he starts for Harpursville

Cut the sleeves off your shirts

Call people gay that are doing something you aren't involved in

Eat more chicked wings

Guest Guest
Thanks for ending the argument for me, you can't even keep track of the BS you try to spew, so Albert is a better athlete than Tiger but Tiger is a better athlete than Pujols. You are just a moron who wants to claim to be an expert but who obviously has no idea what it takes to be a great athlete.

The Barkley thing was a joke!

Yes, I'm sure you have a MUCH better idea what it takes to be a great athlete! Not THAT is a joke! :lol:

Guest Guest
The Barkley thing was a joke!

Yes, I'm sure you have a MUCH better idea what it takes to be a great athlete! Not THAT is a joke! :lol:

You still here? Still no sign of that post of a pro athlete hating on soccer? Bucked Tooth nailed you..soccer_fan nailed you and I am still waiting for your quote to arrive to shut me up. The joke is you thinking you know anything about this topic

Guest Guest
You still here? Still no sign of that post of a pro athlete hating on soccer? Bucked Tooth nailed you..soccer_fan nailed you and I am still waiting for your quote to arrive to shut me up. The joke is you thinking you know anything about this topic

Please refer to post #186, no athlete is going to bad mouth another sport, which can only result in BAD PR!

That's a fairly simple concept to understand!

Archived