Irritating co-workers

There is this busy-body, nosy, I know everything co-worker that I can't stand and its starting to drive me insane. I can be talking to another co-worker 2/3 offices away, wispering and she will come out of her office and right to us and give us her 2 cents worth like we need it. She has the best hearing in the world. She knows everything (in her mind) and if you correct her, man, she goes off the deep end. I think she nuts and so do most of the other people here. Its almost become a joke about how nosy she is. She needs to retire. I can't even walk by her office to get a glass of water without her getting up and following my like she's missing something. I'm about ready to smack her down, or quit my job. One or the other or maybe both is going to happen real soon.

How can you ignore someone who has a comment about everything, acts like they know everything, and evesdropps on all your conversations. I'm ready to scream!

There is this busy-body, nosy, I know everything co-worker that I can't stand and its starting to drive me insane. I can be talking to another co-worker 2/3 offices away, wispering and she will come out of her office and right to us and give us her 2 cents worth like we need it. She has the best hearing in the world. She knows everything (in her mind) and if you correct her, man, she goes off the deep end. I think she nuts and so do most of the other people here. Its almost become a joke about how nosy she is. She needs to retire. I can't even walk by her office to get a glass of water without her getting up and following my like she's missing something. I'm about ready to smack her down, or quit my job. One or the other or maybe both is going to happen real soon.

How can you ignore someone who has a comment about everything, acts like they know everything, and evesdropps on all your conversations. I'm ready to scream!

OMG!!! I think you are talking about the same person I work with. I have one too!!! I can't stand it. Drives me crazy. She has to know everything and has to be a part of everything. If I'm talking to my boss she'll make sure she stands within hearing distance to know what we are talking about!!! UGH!!! :angry:

I used to just look them straight in the eye and say.. I'm sorry, was I talking to you?

I used to just look them straight in the eye and say.. I'm sorry, was I talking to you?

I've actually done that and it doesn't phase her in the least. I've even said, excuse me, I don't think this has anything to do with you, go back to your office, she just stands there looking at me. I'm am usually the first one to leave. She is so ignorant. She's past retirement age and I'm wondering if its just the nosy old lady syndrome.

I'll bet she jumps up and runs and looks out her window every time a car drives by.

I've actually done that and it doesn't phase her in the least. I've even said, excuse me, I don't think this has anything to do with you, go back to your office, she just stands there looking at me. I'm am usually the first one to leave. She is so ignorant. She's past retirement age and I'm wondering if its just the nosy old lady syndrome.

I'll bet she jumps up and runs and looks out her window every time a car drives by.

Believe me I know how you feel. I worked with hundred's of people who would or could not mind their own business. I made numerous career limiting remarks over the years and it didn't seen to bother most of them. I retired after 30 years and 2 days at the age of 54, what a relief that was.

Damn, she just did it again, I went to get a glass of water because its hot in here and sure enough, up out of her chair, out of her office, followed me into the break room and actually said, what are you up to. I said getting a freaking glass of water, why don't you mind your own business for once. She is just driving me insand today. Can't wait to get the hell out of here today.

Guest Guest

There are one of these type of people in every work situation. Have a constructive conversation with her and tell her how it makes you feel. Do not get mad and rant. Your boss will see this an an inability to get along with others and may keep you from future promotion. If this person is of retirement age and not in a supervisory position, someone probably already has noticed her annoying traits. Do not be destructive when dealing with this person. Just (constructively) let her know when you are annoyed. It is insecurity on her part and she probably feels like people are talking about her.

@

What I think is irritating is the office/company "SCROUNGE". Its always the same one/s... "Got a quarter I can bum, gotta dollar?" Give me a break, and no matter how mean you try to be about it they never pay you back and they always come back expecting to scrounge again!! The nerve...

Guest Johnny Wishbone
Damn, she just did it again, I went to get a glass of water because its hot in here and sure enough, up out of her chair, out of her office, followed me into the break room and actually said, what are you up to. I said getting a freaking glass of water, why don't you mind your own business for once. She is just driving me insand today. Can't wait to get the hell out of here today.

I'm thinkin the boss has her watching you and reporting back since it seems you are posting from work, where you are paid to be working, not posting.

How about a coworker that just talks all the time. You cannot shut her up. I think she has a mental problem. She has told us all her whole life story already and some real stories. She just started a few weeks ago and gave the woman training her yesterday a migraine. She is a nice lady, but no one can stand this all the time. What should we do without being mean? Any ideas?

:unsure:

How about a coworker that just talks all the time. You cannot shut her up. I think she has a mental problem. She has told us all her whole life story already and some real stories. She just started a few weeks ago and gave the woman training her yesterday a migraine. She is a nice lady, but no one can stand this all the time. What should we do without being mean? Any ideas?

:unsure:

Usually people that chat that much are not very good listeners. I would be concerned that she is not absorbing what you guys are trying to teach her there. Have someone in a higher up position say something to her. Maybe to the effect of... "We appreciate the fact that you're so friendly, however, these ladies have other things to do right now so please tone it down a bit."

Guest GUEST

I have one too. But she is always telling people things that are not true and then goes and blames me or another girl for saying it. So I moved dept and thought that I would get away from it and she still is doing it. I confronted her the other day and she just walked away from me. So now she is acting like she is to good for me. I put my nose up at her the other day and she ran to the boss crying because I was treating her bad. And he took her side. I really am thnking about leaving my job, but that would only make one person happy so I am not sure what to do any ideas?

I think we work in the same place! Work with a know-it-all busybody who is always right and also a hypochrondiac who wants everyone to listen to her illnesses. You could hack up a lung and she wouldn't blink an eye - just keep babbling about herself. This person will even bang on a closed door and stomp into a meeting with an employee and the boss. It's amazing the boss doesn't do something about it. The first time she does it to me will certainly be the last. Recently had to move closer to this person and it's driving me crazy. Darn near quit. Everyone in the department feels the same way about her - it's infuriating. I would like to tell her that if her momma didn't teach her any manners, I will. The only way I can deal with it is to stop her when she's interupting me and realize that she is a misfit. Doesn't know how to relate to or get along with people. It's sad for her really.

I think we work in the same place! Work with a know-it-all busybody who is always right and also a hypochrondiac who wants everyone to listen to her illnesses. You could hack up a lung and she wouldn't blink an eye - just keep babbling about herself. This person will even bang on a closed door and stomp into a meeting with an employee and the boss. It's amazing the boss doesn't do something about it. The first time she does it to me will certainly be the last. Recently had to move closer to this person and it's driving me crazy. Darn near quit. Everyone in the department feels the same way about her - it's infuriating. I would like to tell her that if her momma didn't teach her any manners, I will. The only way I can deal with it is to stop her when she's interupting me and realize that she is a misfit. Doesn't know how to relate to or get along with people. It's sad for her really.

Now i think that WE work at the same place... LOL I got one of them too!

@

Archived