Unbelievable Gas Prices!

26TimeWorldChampions

Like I'm gonna believe that Hinchey is responsible for gas being $3.50 per.

Right.

Keep trolling. Maybe BDS Guy will join you.

Typical.... call me a troll. I came up with specific points and I cite my source.... unlike you. People like Hinchey are more responsible for high gas prices than the Bush Administration is.

Oil companies really DO want to drill in the Gulf of Mexico. They also want to drill in the Great Lakes, in the North Atlantic, in North Dakota and in ANWAR. Idiot, short sighted Congressmen like Hinchey enjoy watching them squirm around his roadblocks. Hinchey also needs useful idiot voters to keep him where he is so he can keep doing this.

Scott

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Typical.... call me a troll. I came up with specific points and I cite my source.... unlike you. People like Hinchey are more responsible for high gas prices than the Bush Administration is.

Oil companies really DO want to drill in the Gulf of Mexico. They also want to drill in the Great Lakes, in the North Atlantic, in North Dakota and in ANWAR. Idiot, short sighted Congressmen like Hinchey enjoy watching them squirm around his roadblocks. Hinchey also needs useful idiot voters to keep him where he is so he can keep doing this.

Scott

You make it sound like Hinchey and Hinchey alone is responsible for keeping oil companies from drilling.

What's your agenda and why do you so rabidly hate just one man?

Am I to believe that if Big Oil was allowed to drill wherever they wanted to, gas prices would decrease dramatically and we'd have enough oil for the next few centuries?

Sorry. Can't swallow that one.

@

I said, "Idiot, short-sighted Congressmen like Hinchey." There are many Congressmen and Congresswomen who have voted the same way he does. They have been interfering with normal supply and demand for years. Do you think this won't show up at the gas pump eventually??

Go back and look at his voting record. There isn't even one thing he has done to help gas prices come down. Anyone who has ever voted for this myopic, self serving Congressman has enabled him to continue this.

Scott

@

Guest Guest
OK, DUDE. POINT OUT ONE INACCURATE THING IN THE POST, DUDE.

"WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. MARKET STRATEGIES DO NOT APPLY TO OIL. THEY ARE MONOPOLIES WHO ARE INVOLVED IN COLLUSION, PRICE FIXING AND SUPPLY MANIPULATION. THEY DON'T OWE IT TO YOU TO DRILL FOR MORE OIL. THAT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST. NORMALLY, THESE THINGS ARE ILLEGAL. BUT WHEN YOU BUY CONGRESS, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. THERE IS PLENTY OF OIL IN THE WORLD EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T LOOK FOR MORE RESERVES. THERE IS NO OIL SHORTAGE. "

innaccurate- dude.

Guest flossy

It is true that oil companies do want to drill in the great lakes, but US law prevents this from happening. Canada actually drills right along the border on the lakes taking potential supplies.

"WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. MARKET STRATEGIES DO NOT APPLY TO OIL. THEY ARE MONOPOLIES WHO ARE INVOLVED IN COLLUSION, PRICE FIXING AND SUPPLY MANIPULATION. THEY DON'T OWE IT TO YOU TO DRILL FOR MORE OIL. THAT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST. NORMALLY, THESE THINGS ARE ILLEGAL. BUT WHEN YOU BUY CONGRESS, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. THERE IS PLENTY OF OIL IN THE WORLD EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T LOOK FOR MORE RESERVES. THERE IS NO OIL SHORTAGE. "

innaccurate- dude.

ONE LAST CHANCE DUDE. NAME ONE INACCURACY.

Oil companies DO want to drill for more sources of oil. There are those in Congress who will not let them:

http://www.issues2000.org/NY/Maurice_Hinch...tm#Energy_+_Oil

Our very own Maurice Hinchey, wacko, lib, Dem, from Saugerties, New York has voted to NOT permit scheduling on any new oil refineries.

He has voted YES on keeping a moratorium for drilling for any new oil offshore.

He voted NO on the Bush/Cheney energy policy that would have allowed both of those. He did this in 2003 and in 2004.

He voted YES on the moratorium for any gas or oil exploration in ANWAR.

He has voted NO on any new refinery construction.

He has voted to increase the taxation on oil companies by voting FOR removing oil and gas subsides. This is a hidden tax on you and me.

After doing his very best to hinder your energy supply, he is throwing another monkey wrench into the law of supply and demand by voting YES on regulating wholesale gas and electricity prices.

He has basically voted for increased gasoline prices by voting YES to have oil companies subsidize "homegrown biofuel."

If you want the face of high oil prices, look at Maurice Hinchey and other Democrats. He is GLAD you pay $3.45 a gallon. He knows more than half of you will blame President Bush without thinking it through all the way.

Listen to him speak next time and I'm sure he'll make you believe that he will bring the price of oil down if you just elect more wacko, lib Dems into office.

Scott

By the way, his little brother, Michael Arcuri, is almost as bad as he is.

THIS POST IS COMPLETELY FALSE. OPEC, THE OIL COMPANIES AND OUR GOVERNMENT HAVE COLLUDED TO PUT US IN THE POSITION WE ARE IN. NOBODY WANTS NEW OIL, EXCEPT IN THE MIDDLE EAST. THERE IS ENOUGH OIL IN THE MIDDLE EAST TO LAST HUNDREDS OF YEARS. IRAQ HAS HARDLY BEEN TAPPED AND IT HAS THE 3RD LARGEST RESERVES OF OIL IN THE WORLD. WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO DRILL FOR NEW OIL WHEN THE EXISTING OIL IS MAKING THEM RECORD PROFITS? SO YOU THINK THE MOST POWERFUL LOBBY GROUP IN CONGRESS COULDN'T GET PERMISSION TO DRILL ANYWHERE IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO? IF YOU DO, YOU ARE BEYOND HOPE. ALSO, AREN'T ALL OF THESE GREAT ENERGY COMPANIES SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING FOR ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES? OIL IS SUPPOSED TO BE OLD NEWS. PUT 2 + 2 TOGETHER FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE.

Guest Guest
I said, "Idiot, short-sighted Congressmen like Hinchey." There are many Congressmen and Congresswomen who have voted the same way he does. They have been interfering with normal supply and demand for years. Do you think this won't show up at the gas pump eventually??

Go back and look at his voting record. There isn't even one thing he has done to help gas prices come down. Anyone who has ever voted for this myopic, self serving Congressman has enabled him to continue this.

Scott

@

The issue is not why oil companies cannot increase their already huge profits by drilling more and screwing us more. It is quite clear that there is plenty of supply currently and yet gas and oil prices are at a record high, as are oil company profits. Cut out your cut & paste partisan crap and explain that.

The issue is not why oil companies cannot increase their already huge profits by drilling more and screwing us more. It is quite clear that there is plenty of supply currently and yet gas and oil prices are at a record high, as are oil company profits. Cut out your cut & paste partisan crap and explain that.

There are other reasons why the price of gas and oil are at record levels. The first, main reason is the emerging economies of India and China. They have had a marked influence on world demand. This is undeniable.

The second, main reason is the deficit spending from our government. This is Bush's fault, as well as Congress fault. You can thank everything from Medicare Part D to No Child Left Behind to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. You can blame the $200+ billion we're spending on keeping New Orleans afloat. You can blame the $155 billion "stimulus package" most people will be getting in May. Bush will say this is all affordable in a $14.7 trillion annual economy but it isn't. Everything we're spending is over and above anything we've ever spent before and it's causing the Treasury to print paper money out the Wazoo. We're creating more dollars to chase around the same amount of intrinsic value in the economy. We're now spending $115 to pay for $60 per barrel oil because the President and Congress are increasing spending faster than LBJ.

Also... I should step in and lay this to rest: Exxon, Chevron, British Petroleum, etc do NOT set the price of oil. The price of oil is set on the Futures Market. You can hear about this most mornings on Bloomberg television, Channel 42 on TWC. Speculators determine the price "dispassionately," based on the laws of supply and demand and the availability of money every day. If a bomb goes off in Basra, or a oil platform goes down for maintenance in the Gulf of Mexico, it can raise the price 2% in one day, even though the supply won't change at the refinery for several weeks.

The oil companies are like those "Ax Men" on the History Channel. They supply the lumber which does go into building a house. That, undeniably, will affect the house price sometime in the future. However, those "Ax Men" don't have any control over that natural disaster in California or Louisiana that affects demand. They don't have any control over the "housing bubble" or the "housing bubble burst" that makes the house price go way up or way down. They don't have control over J P Morgan and the Fed bailing out Morgan Stanley, which affects the availability of money. You don't go and then blame the "Ax Men" of collusion do you?

The oil companies are actually doing their job pretty damn well. The supply of oil is about where it's been for several years. You said this yourself. We shouldn't be at "peak oil" right now, but we are considering the political situations creating this false shortage.

Scott

By the way, I'm going to be riding a motorcycle to work this morning. One of my bikes gets 47 mpg, the other gets 66 mpg. I'm coping just fine with the price of gas, how are you doing?

Also, I didn't copy and paste anything except the url so you can see Hinchey's terrible voting record.

Guest Guest
THIS POST IS COMPLETELY FALSE. OPEC, THE OIL COMPANIES AND OUR GOVERNMENT HAVE COLLUDED TO PUT US IN THE POSITION WE ARE IN. NOBODY WANTS NEW OIL, EXCEPT IN THE MIDDLE EAST. THERE IS ENOUGH OIL IN THE MIDDLE EAST TO LAST HUNDREDS OF YEARS. IRAQ HAS HARDLY BEEN TAPPED AND IT HAS THE 3RD LARGEST RESERVES OF OIL IN THE WORLD. WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO DRILL FOR NEW OIL WHEN THE EXISTING OIL IS MAKING THEM RECORD PROFITS? SO YOU THINK THE MOST POWERFUL LOBBY GROUP IN CONGRESS COULDN'T GET PERMISSION TO DRILL ANYWHERE IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO? IF YOU DO, YOU ARE BEYOND HOPE. ALSO, AREN'T ALL OF THESE GREAT ENERGY COMPANIES SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING FOR ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES? OIL IS SUPPOSED TO BE OLD NEWS. PUT 2 + 2 TOGETHER FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE.

What is your source of this info? because the REAL experts do not support this.

@

Guest Guest
ONE LAST CHANCE DUDE. NAME ONE INACCURACY.

what dont you get? the entire statement is innaccurate

there is not enough refining capability in this country

there is growing demand, finite supply

you obviously did not go to the London School of Economics nor do you pay attention to FACTS. do some research.

Here's another good one that we shouldn't forget:

Why are we having such an emotional meltdown about drilling for new oil in the Gulf of Mexico.... and at the same time, we're leaving it for the Chinese/ Cubans to get???

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/chin...l_drilling.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196891,00.html

"While Washington dithers over exploiting oil and gas reserves off the coast of Florida, China has seized the opportunity to gobble up these deposits, which run throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and along the U.S. Gulf coast."

"There are new reports out circulating that Chinese firms are planning to slant drill off the Cuban coast near the Florida Straits, tapping into U.S. oil reserves that are estimated at 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels. This compares with 4 billion to 10 billion barrels believed to be beneath the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, where drilling is held up in Congress due to the objections of environmental groups which warn of endangering caribou. Permission to drill in the refuge, which experts are certain will not present any environmental hazard, has failed by just two votes in the Senate."

While we're busy wringing our hands in guilt, the Chinese and Cubans are doing the capitalist thing and exploring for oil.

Scott

Guest BC Voice of Reason
I don't get it. This morning coming to work.....

Pilot - Upper Court --> $ 3.47

WTF..... How can this be? These stations are within a couple miles of each other and it just done don't makse sense ! ! ! !

Talk about RIP OFFS ! ! ! ! !

:angry::angry::angry:

Make that $3.59 now. Prices rising 12 cents in two days for no good reason is just criminal. I'm dreading what the propane prices will be this August when I lock in. At this rate, it'll be double what I paid last year.

you obviously did not go to the London School of Economics nor do you pay attention to FACTS. do some research.

HEY DUDE, GET OUT OF THE BAG. GOOGLE "OIL RESERVES" AND CHOOSE ANY LINK. THERE IS ENOUGH AVAILABLE OIL RESERVES IN THE WORLD IN THE MIDDLE EAST TO LAST HUNDREDS OF YEARS. ADD RUSSIA AND CHINA AND IT IS OVERWHELMING. LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED TO DO SOME RESEARCH, DUDE.

@

Guest Guest
HEY DUDE, GET OUT OF THE BAG. GOOGLE "OIL RESERVES" AND CHOOSE ANY LINK. THERE IS ENOUGH AVAILABLE OIL RESERVES IN THE WORLD IN THE MIDDLE EAST TO LAST HUNDREDS OF YEARS. ADD RUSSIA AND CHINA AND IT IS OVERWHELMING. LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED TO DO SOME RESEARCH, DUDE.

@

dude, there is not enuf available because the people who have the oil dont wanna give it to us....hmmmmm....

if you really want FACTS http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/twip/twip.asp

days supply on hand:

Crude Oil 21.3

Gasoline 26

@

Why is the Mobil on East Main in Endicott 20cents more than everyone. GREED!

Why would anyone go there----STUPID

Because most store owners are not selling gas 'cuz it puts money in their pocket. they need you to come inside and spend a 1.59 for a bag of ice, 1.69 for a soda that cost them next to nothing, and it goes on.

I do not know what Mobil is paying for their gas, but if they want to sell it and still make some profit instead of barely nothing like the other guys...

Guest Guest

Good...let the oil companies plow their record profits into REFINING.....not DRILLING. You are so full of BS that your eyes a truly brown.

Guest Guest
Good...let the oil companies plow their record profits into REFINING.....not DRILLING. You are so full of BS that your eyes a truly brown.

There is no lack of supply currently.

@

Guest Mad max
Guess again. We will hit 4 bucks a gallon by Memorial Day and 4.50 by Labor day.

Now there is talk that maybe there will be some type of tax relief on gas between memorial day and labor day, however, the price will still go up, and by years end we'll be paying close to 5 bucks a gallon.

Maybe we should let Walmart handle the gas prices and gives us a "roll-back"

The reason for the disparity?

Some stations are not marking to market. For example, if a Hess station took a delivery last week at $3.35/gallon, and Citgo delivered gas to its retail stations this week at $3.55/gal, the Hess station is choosing to maintain its price at $3.35 rather than "marking-to-market" its inventory against the most recent market price paid by Citgo.

All that means is that Hess stations will sell their supply more quickly and will increase their price on the cost of their next delivery.

@

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
The reason for the disparity?

Some stations are not marking to market. For example, if a Hess station took a delivery last week at $3.35/gallon, and Citgo delivered gas to its retail stations this week at $3.55/gal, the Hess station is choosing to maintain its price at $3.35 rather than "marking-to-market" its inventory against the most recent market price paid by Citgo.

All that means is that Hess stations will sell their supply more quickly and will increase their price on the cost of their next delivery.

@

and dont forget that the Hess is making about $1 a gallon on refining, so they dont care about the lousy 10c they are making as a retailer!

Guest Guest

When gas was reasonable I would drive 70mph. With the way it is now I do not go over 60mph. Everyone is complaining about the prices, yet it still amazes me to see everyone just zip right on by me when I'm going 60mph. I don't get it.

Wouldn't it be wonderful...& I realize it's just a fantasy...but wouldn't it be wonderful...if every gas station across the country, for just one day, would put up a "FREE GAS DAY" sign. Lol, they'd run out, bring in big time business for their other sundries, & cause mayhem for the oil companies. I'm not, OBVIOUSLY, an expert in oil..but what would something like that do to the oil companies? I mean, the gas stations don't make any profit off the gas to begin with, so my thinking is why don't they all band together & F the big man once & for all & let them know us citizens have taken enough cr@p? I know I'm going to be flamed, yet I'm hopeful I'll get some insightful responses who understand my outrageous idea.

Archived