Unbelievable Gas Prices!

26TimeWorldChampions

Guest Guest
That's what I meant. You strain the used oil and fuel a vehicle with it thereby cutting the govt. out of the mix. When they catch wind of this they are not happy.

Absolutely.

They're real unhappy about it now, and so far it's just a small group of creative, inventive people involved.

I've always said that nothing will be done to wean us off oil and create a market for alternative fuels until Big Oil figures out how to position themselves to make the most money from it.

The US Gov't is doing the dirty work for Big Oil.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have some real gas guzzlers but I actually spend less than most people. Spring to Fall I walk or ride my bike most of the time.

Fast Trak in Port Crane went from 3.39 last night to 3.41 this morning and by this afternoon was 3.49 they other 2 places stayed the same 3.39 and 3.38. The full up was 57.00

Guest alan greenspan
Despite saying some useful things, I cannot agree with you out of "ABUSE OF CAPS LOCK" principle. 1. "Buying" congress has little to do with this since most oil comes from other soverign nations, therefore out of our jurisdiction. 2. Yes NYSEG would have to lower their rates if people found an alternative. Back to the oil example, if people find that they can power their cars with water, then the price of oil would have to decrease due to the competition of a substitute, ie "the substitute effect" (part of demand). etc, etc, etc (Insert another argument to prove you wrong here) since you will ignore my first point and complain about price fixing with your inside the box thinking. Annnnd continue talking about this.

WOW, YOU ARE SCARY. OPEC SELLS THEIR OIL TO PRIVATE COMPANIES, LIKE EXXON MOBIL AND CHEVRON. THEY OWN CONGRESS. TO THINK THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED TO AN ADULT IS FRIGHTENING. NOBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT ALTERNATIVE FUELS. WATER FOR CARS? I PREY YOU DON'T HAVE ANY KIDS.

Well then get back to the playground with your fifth grade pals and leave your idiotic, misinformed opinions to thinking adults.

ACTUALLY, THEY ARE FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. SOMEDAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE.

Guest Guest

It is my understanding that out of a barrel of oil they can produce only so much gas ,diesel heating oil kero. etc. They say every summer that they are ramping up refining for gas well the DELETED are stock piling the heatting fuel the hose us later and not anyone says anything about it. also what happpened when gas went to 3.00 they dropped the sales tax for the stse and county at least 8 cents was something havent heard a thing because they are broke

WOW, YOU ARE SCARY. OPEC SELLS THEIR OIL TO PRIVATE COMPANIES, LIKE EXXON MOBIL AND CHEVRON. THEY OWN CONGRESS. TO THINK THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED TO AN ADULT IS FRIGHTENING. NOBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT ALTERNATIVE FUELS. WATER FOR CARS? I PREY YOU DON'T HAVE ANY KIDS.

Sigh, did you not read "for example" before the water comment? Water for engines, that will never work! Tell James Watts that circa 1769 (look it up). That means its a simplification for people who don't know whether "prey" or "pray." Mobil and Exxon have strong lobbys, but let us try another simplified comparision for you: Exxon is responsible to their shareholders like congress is responsible to their constituents, with me so far? Congressmen and women take money from lobbies, one being the oil lobby. Exxon donates money in an attempt to influence policy, since they are responsible to their stockholders. If either breaks that balance, let's say, Congress becomes "OWNED BY EXXON MOBIL CHEVRON" then they get voted out because at the end of the day they are not responsible soley to oil companies (therefore, not "owned") Or, if oil companies stop attempting to do what is right for them, then people sell their shares. Anyways, Im sure that went over your head, and if you want any more lessons, you will have to pay for them. I would go for an online degree, should be easier for you. OUT.

Guest Water Power!!
Sigh, did you not read "for example" before the water comment? Water for engines, that will never work! Tell James Watts that circa 1769 (look it up). That means its a simplification for people who don't know whether "prey" or "pray." Mobil and Exxon have strong lobbys, but let us try another simplified comparision for you: Exxon is responsible to their shareholders like congress is responsible to their constituents, with me so far? Congressmen and women take money from lobbies, one being the oil lobby. Exxon donates money in an attempt to influence policy, since they are responsible to their stockholders. If either breaks that balance, let's say, Congress becomes "OWNED BY EXXON MOBIL CHEVRON" then they get voted out because at the end of the day they are not responsible soley to oil companies (therefore, not "owned") Or, if oil companies stop attempting to do what is right for them, then people sell their shares. Anyways, Im sure that went over your head, and if you want any more lessons, you will have to pay for them. I would go for an online degree, should be easier for you. OUT.

Water will work!! Just need to extract the Hydogen out of H2O, we did this in chemistry class and it exploded!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CMovXzVOzc4

YOUR INCOHERENT RAMBLINGS CONTAIN NOT ONE INTELLIGENT THOUGHT. I AM DONE WITH YOU. YOU BORE ME AND I DON'T HAVE A TRANSLATOR HANDY TO DECODE YOUR POSTS.

Guest ISHOUTINCAPS
YOUR INCOHERENT RAMBLINGS CONTAIN NOT ONE INTELLIGENT THOUGHT. I AM DONE WITH YOU. YOU BORE ME AND I DON'T HAVE A TRANSLATOR HANDY TO DECODE YOUR POSTS.

Sorry the English language is a strain for you. I was going to let it go, but this is kind of funny. Here is an article that came out about ten minutes ago on msn.com. Enjoy this qoute about me being right:

"Like any commodity, crude oil prices are governed by the laws of supply and demand, but they are also affected by market speculation. While oil industry analysts disagree on which of these two forces exerts a greater influence on oil prices, the "fundamentals" of supply and demand present an unambiguous picture of why gas prices keep on rising even though we haven't been buying as much."

Oh, what's that, the sound of your caps lock unsticking? Also, Im done now, so stop being a troll and read a book. http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.asp...p;topart=luxury

Sorry the English language is a strain for you. I was going to let it go, but this is kind of funny. Here is an article that came out about ten minutes ago on msn.com. Enjoy this qoute about me being right:

"Like any commodity, crude oil prices are governed by the laws of supply and demand, but they are also affected by market speculation. While oil industry analysts disagree on which of these two forces exerts a greater influence on oil prices, the "fundamentals" of supply and demand present an unambiguous picture of why gas prices keep on rising even though we haven't been buying as much."

Oh, what's that, the sound of your caps lock unsticking? Also, Im done now, so stop being a troll and read a book. http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.asp...p;topart=luxury

SUPPLY AND DEMAND WITH MONOPOLIES? GOOD ONE. YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT.

I met such a man not long ago. He's got a big pickup that runs on USED cooking oil that the local chinese restaurants are all too happy to give him.

He showed me his tank and under the hood. He and a few other local men have developed this technology. They share ideas and fab techniques with people at RIT and other schools.

He ranted for half an hour about the US Gov't, how corrupt it is and how they're trying to shut these inventors down.

I was awe struck with his truck.

The white Chevy with the stacks on it. He lives on Grand Blvd. Ramadon. Hes a charactor :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Is the OP going to blame Clinton and perhaps FDR for the Iraq war and crappy economy??? STFU.. How can republicans still support this DELETED in office? It's freaking unbelievable...

Guest Guest
I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. MARKET STRATEGIES DO NOT APPLY TO OIL. THEY ARE MONOPOLIES WHO ARE INVOLVED IN COLLUSION, PRICE FIXING AND SUPPLY MANIPULATION. THEY DON'T OWE IT TO YOU TO DRILL FOR MORE OIL. THAT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST. NORMALLY, THESE THINGS ARE ILLEGAL. BUT WHEN YOU BUY CONGRESS, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. THERE IS PLENTY OF OIL IN THE WORLD EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T LOOK FOR MORE RESERVES. THERE IS NO OIL SHORTAGE. THE REASON LESSENING OUR DEMAND FOR OIL WON'T MATTER IS THAT WE ARE THE CRACK ADDICTS OF THE OIL WORLD. WE USE SO MUCH THAT A REDUCTION IN USE STILL MEANS WE USE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KEEP THING GOING THE WAY THEY ARE. THROW OUT MARKET IDEAS AND SEE THE REALITY. I SUPPOSE IF THEIR WERE LESS DEMAND FOR ELECTRICITY THAT NYSEG WOULD LOWER THEIR KILOWATT PER HOUR PRICE? YEA, RIGHT. THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT HAVE TO HAVE IT. THAT THROWS MARKET RULES OUT THE WINDOW. PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS.

you need to do your homework dude.

Guest guest
I don't get it. This morning coming to work.....

Hess - Thompkins and Conklin --> $ 3.37 Gallon

Citgo - Upper Court --> $ 3.55 Gallon

Manley's - Upper Court --> $ 3.49 Gallon

Pilot - Upper Court --> $ 3.47

WTF..... How can this be? These stations are within a couple miles of each other and it just done don't makse sense ! ! ! !

Talk about RIP OFFS ! ! ! ! !

:angry::angry::angry:

Guest Guest
I don't know, you have to understand gas doesn't follow the traditional rule of supply and demand. There really hasn't been much of a cut down in the amount of supply right now, yet prices continue to rise. Right now, oil companies are looking for new places to drill. There has be significant findings off the coast of Brazil right now. As the price rises, there is more of an outcry to find more oil. When more is eventually found, and yes I know we will eventually run out of oil down the road, but the prices should go down. But, it does take time for actually drilling and extracting of oil to occur. So, take an initiative to cut down for the time being while prices rise. Also expect prices to maybe drop in the fall due to the elections in November. Gotta make the voters happy.

Right...there is a reason that they don't follow the "traditional" laws of supply and demand. Government has interfered on their behalf. Oil companies have record profits....we pay for it. Plain and simple. When I see it costing less that $50.00 to fill up a Toyota Camry while Oil Copmpanies reap record profits, I'll believe you....maybe. You can't see the forest for the trees. You can spout all of your BS...today's Capitalism does NOT follow the precepts of the founders of that philosophical revolution.

@

Guest Guest
Guess again. We will hit 4 bucks a gallon by Memorial Day and 4.50 by Labor day.

Now there is talk that maybe there will be some type of tax relief on gas between memorial day and labor day, however, the price will still go up, and by years end we'll be paying close to 5 bucks a gallon.

Maybe we should let Walmart handle the gas prices and gives us a "roll-back"

We could probably blame Wal Mart for some of this, thanks to them building up China, they are demanding more and more of the world's petroleum.

@

Another thing I hear alot is people who drive a full sized '07 pickup truck with 8 cyl. motor complaining about how much it costs to fill up. First of all gas was high when you bought the thing and we all new that it would go higher. Second; part of the reason gas is so much is that everone just HAS to have that gas guzzling truck or SUV so they can feel like they are riding in style or whatever. I drive a regular passenger car with a 6 cyl. and buy 30 dollars worth every two weeks. There are ways to avoid the cost or at least control it a little other than bitching and complaining about it.

Oil companies DO want to drill for more sources of oil. There are those in Congress who will not let them:

http://www.issues2000.org/NY/Maurice_Hinch...tm#Energy_+_Oil

Our very own Maurice Hinchey, wacko, lib, Dem, from Saugerties, New York has voted to NOT permit scheduling on any new oil refineries.

He has voted YES on keeping a moratorium for drilling for any new oil offshore.

He voted NO on the Bush/Cheney energy policy that would have allowed both of those. He did this in 2003 and in 2004.

He voted YES on the moratorium for any gas or oil exploration in ANWAR.

He has voted NO on any new refinery construction.

He has voted to increase the taxation on oil companies by voting FOR removing oil and gas subsides. This is a hidden tax on you and me.

After doing his very best to hinder your energy supply, he is throwing another monkey wrench into the law of supply and demand by voting YES on regulating wholesale gas and electricity prices.

He has basically voted for increased gasoline prices by voting YES to have oil companies subsidize "homegrown biofuel."

If you want the face of high oil prices, look at Maurice Hinchey and other Democrats. He is GLAD you pay $3.45 a gallon. He knows more than half of you will blame President Bush without thinking it through all the way.

Listen to him speak next time and I'm sure he'll make you believe that he will bring the price of oil down if you just elect more wacko, lib Dems into office.

Scott

By the way, his little brother, Michael Arcuri, is almost as bad as he is.

Guest Guest

Like I'm gonna believe that Hinchey is responsible for gas being $3.50 per.

Right.

Keep trolling. Maybe BDS Guy will join you.

Archived