Unbelievable Gas Prices!

26TimeWorldChampions

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I predict $4 by August and still rising slowly.

@

Guess again. We will hit 4 bucks a gallon by Memorial Day and 4.50 by Labor day.

Now there is talk that maybe there will be some type of tax relief on gas between memorial day and labor day, however, the price will still go up, and by years end we'll be paying close to 5 bucks a gallon.

Maybe we should let Walmart handle the gas prices and gives us a "roll-back"

Guest Guest

I don't get it. This morning coming to work.....

Hess - Thompkins and Conklin --> $ 3.37 Gallon

Citgo - Upper Court --> $ 3.55 Gallon

Manley's - Upper Court --> $ 3.49 Gallon

Pilot - Upper Court --> $ 3.47

WTF..... How can this be? These stations are within a couple miles of each other and it just done don't makse sense ! ! ! !

Talk about RIP OFFS ! ! ! ! !

:angry::angry::angry:

WTF..... How can this be? These stations are within a couple miles of each other and it just done don't makse sense ! ! ! !

Sadly its not the station is the supplier

I am a Mfg rep and am gasing up everyday. A fill up used to cost me $29 bucks. Tuesday it was $54 bucks. I am seeing in W.NY gas prices at $3.69 a gallon. $4 a gallon? Hell, before summer is over it will be at least $4.59. All I can say is " ouch".

Guest flossy

I don't know, you have to understand gas doesn't follow the traditional rule of supply and demand. There really hasn't been much of a cut down in the amount of supply right now, yet prices continue to rise. Right now, oil companies are looking for new places to drill. There has be significant findings off the coast of Brazil right now. As the price rises, there is more of an outcry to find more oil. When more is eventually found, and yes I know we will eventually run out of oil down the road, but the prices should go down. But, it does take time for actually drilling and extracting of oil to occur. So, take an initiative to cut down for the time being while prices rise. Also expect prices to maybe drop in the fall due to the elections in November. Gotta make the voters happy.

Guest Guest
I don't know, you have to understand gas doesn't follow the traditional rule of supply and demand. There really hasn't been much of a cut down in the amount of supply right now, yet prices continue to rise. Right now, oil companies are looking for new places to drill. There has be significant findings off the coast of Brazil right now. As the price rises, there is more of an outcry to find more oil. When more is eventually found, and yes I know we will eventually run out of oil down the road, but the prices should go down. But, it does take time for actually drilling and extracting of oil to occur. So, take an initiative to cut down for the time being while prices rise. Also expect prices to maybe drop in the fall due to the elections in November. Gotta make the voters happy.

There is plenty of oil. The oil companies love to claim that supplies are dwindling so they can raise their prices. In fact, they are the ones most responsible for perpetuating Hubbert's Peak and the Peak Oil Theory. There are numerous known and purposely untapped oil fields throughout the world. With the oil companies enjoying record profits they have a motive not to tap these fields.

Just google untapped oil fields if you don't believe me.

I'm not saying Peak Oil won't happen... It is just much, much farther into the future than they make it out to be.

Guest Guest

Everyone is DELETED about the price of gas - I am right there with ya. But driving on the highway you would think gas prices were still at $2.29/gal. All these big gas guzzlers going not only the the speed limit of 65 but way over that. Everyone wants to spend less on gas but they don't want to have to do anything to get it.

Never exceed legal speed limit. Primarily they are set for your traveling safety, however better gas efficiency also occurs. Traveling at 55 mph give you up to 21% better mileage when compared to former legal speed limits of 65 mph and 70 mph.

Traveling at fast rates in low gears can consume up to 45% more fuel than is needed.

Guest Adam Smith
the price of oil reached a new high this am of over $114 the price by labor day may well be $6

What a nonsense panic everyone is having. After Katrina everyone claimed it would be $5 in a couple months, now people are crying the same things again. It's like those "end of the world is coming" crazies. They say it enough eventually it will happen.

Yes gas prices are crazy high, however gas DOES follow supply and demand, but you have to add in the "futures." Before we had the luxury of using a lot of the world's oil, but now with countries like China developing we have to share. Less supply for us, and even less supply in the anticipated "future." Supply decreases, price increase.

Is there more oil out there? Sure. Do oil companies want to drill for it? Sometimes. It takes a lot of money to set up a refinery not to mention the crazy government regulations that are put in place. An oil company wouldn't want to jump through all those hoops just to dwindle the supply of their non-renewable product even faster. Add in the weakening dollar (an important topic that people seem to be missing) and we have very high gas prices. Eventually the dollar will rebound, and we will be paying slightly cheaper prices. It will go up and down and EVENTUALLY we will be paying 4 or 5 dollars, but there is no consiracy to make it happen this month or the next. It will happen when the market dictates, which won't be for a few years barring any more large disasters.

Its like the diamond industry. Since De Beers controls most of the supply of diamonds, they can leak them out slowly to keep the price artificially high. Oil companies can do the same thing by not tapping oil fields until the time is right. Again, there shouldnt be a rush to drain their cash cow. Lastly, who does big oil, let's say Exxon, owe their allegiances too? Its not America, it is their shareholders. That's how capitalism is set up, and they are the best in the history of capitalism at making profits for their shareholders.

Guest country girl2
I am a Mfg rep and am gasing up everyday. A fill up used to cost me $29 bucks. Tuesday it was $54 bucks. I am seeing in W.NY gas prices at $3.69 a gallon. $4 a gallon? Hell, before summer is over it will be at least $4.59. All I can say is " ouch".

My truck cost $84.00 to fill up.

Guest Guest
Everyone is DELETED about the price of gas - I am right there with ya. But driving on the highway you would think gas prices were still at $2.29/gal. All these big gas guzzlers going not only the the speed limit of 65 but way over that. Everyone wants to spend less on gas but they don't want to have to do anything to get it.

Never exceed legal speed limit. Primarily they are set for your traveling safety, however better gas efficiency also occurs. Traveling at 55 mph give you up to 21% better mileage when compared to former legal speed limits of 65 mph and 70 mph.

Traveling at fast rates in low gears can consume up to 45% more fuel than is needed.

I see hundreds and hundreds of huge SUV's on the road daily.

I've been driving 4 cylinder cars for a few decades.

Guest Guest
What a nonsense panic everyone is having. After Katrina everyone claimed it would be $5 in a couple months, now people are crying the same things again. It's like those "end of the world is coming" crazies. They say it enough eventually it will happen.

Yes gas prices are crazy high, however gas DOES follow supply and demand, but you have to add in the "futures." Before we had the luxury of using a lot of the world's oil, but now with countries like China developing we have to share. Less supply for us, and even less supply in the anticipated "future." Supply decreases, price increase.

Is there more oil out there? Sure. Do oil companies want to drill for it? Sometimes. It takes a lot of money to set up a refinery not to mention the crazy government regulations that are put in place. An oil company wouldn't want to jump through all those hoops just to dwindle the supply of their non-renewable product even faster. Add in the weakening dollar (an important topic that people seem to be missing) and we have very high gas prices. Eventually the dollar will rebound, and we will be paying slightly cheaper prices. It will go up and down and EVENTUALLY we will be paying 4 or 5 dollars, but there is no consiracy to make it happen this month or the next. It will happen when the market dictates, which won't be for a few years barring any more large disasters.

Its like the diamond industry. Since De Beers controls most of the supply of diamonds, they can leak them out slowly to keep the price artificially high. Oil companies can do the same thing by not tapping oil fields until the time is right. Again, there shouldnt be a rush to drain their cash cow. Lastly, who does big oil, let's say Exxon, owe their allegiances too? Its not America, it is their shareholders. That's how capitalism is set up, and they are the best in the history of capitalism at making profits for their shareholders.

Gas DOES NOT follow supply and demand even with futures, otherwise the 30 billion barrels they just found would've made the price drop by 5% or so.

Guest your mom

exactly, gas does not follow supply and demand. for all of you who think it does think again.

has anyone ever heard about the "plans" to stop buying gas on a certain day or to stop buying gas from the major oil companies? what a crock of crap! do people really think that one day of buying no gas will do anything. for example lets say no one will get gas on monday, but now they are still gonna get gas on tuesday you dumb a**holes. and the one where you dont buy gas from major oil companies like exxon and mobil for a week. thats an even bigger crock of crap! these companies are worth billions, they sell oil to each other where it is needed. none of these plans will ever work. the only way is to cut down on gas consumption. stop driving so much, slow down aka dont speed. when driving at high way speeds every mile per hour decrease in speed increase efficiency by 2%.

exactly, gas does not follow supply and demand. for all of you who think it does think again.

has anyone ever heard about the "plans" to stop buying gas on a certain day or to stop buying gas from the major oil companies? what a crock of crap! do people really think that one day of buying no gas will do anything. for example lets say no one will get gas on monday, but now they are still gonna get gas on tuesday you dumb a**holes. and the one where you dont buy gas from major oil companies like exxon and mobil for a week. thats an even bigger crock of crap! these companies are worth billions, they sell oil to each other where it is needed. none of these plans will ever work. the only way is to cut down on gas consumption. stop driving so much, slow down aka dont speed. when driving at high way speeds every mile per hour decrease in speed increase efficiency by 2%.

I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. MARKET STRATEGIES DO NOT APPLY TO OIL. THEY ARE MONOPOLIES WHO ARE INVOLVED IN COLLUSION, PRICE FIXING AND SUPPLY MANIPULATION. THEY DON'T OWE IT TO YOU TO DRILL FOR MORE OIL. THAT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST. NORMALLY, THESE THINGS ARE ILLEGAL. BUT WHEN YOU BUY CONGRESS, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. THERE IS PLENTY OF OIL IN THE WORLD EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T LOOK FOR MORE RESERVES. THERE IS NO OIL SHORTAGE. THE REASON LESSENING OUR DEMAND FOR OIL WON'T MATTER IS THAT WE ARE THE CRACK ADDICTS OF THE OIL WORLD. WE USE SO MUCH THAT A REDUCTION IN USE STILL MEANS WE USE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KEEP THING GOING THE WAY THEY ARE. THROW OUT MARKET IDEAS AND SEE THE REALITY. I SUPPOSE IF THEIR WERE LESS DEMAND FOR ELECTRICITY THAT NYSEG WOULD LOWER THEIR KILOWATT PER HOUR PRICE? YEA, RIGHT. THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT HAVE TO HAVE IT. THAT THROWS MARKET RULES OUT THE WINDOW. PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS.

Guest Guest
I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. MARKET STRATEGIES DO NOT APPLY TO OIL. THEY ARE MONOPOLIES WHO ARE INVOLVED IN COLLUSION, PRICE FIXING AND SUPPLY MANIPULATION. THEY DON'T OWE IT TO YOU TO DRILL FOR MORE OIL. THAT IS NOT IN THEIR BEST INTEREST. NORMALLY, THESE THINGS ARE ILLEGAL. BUT WHEN YOU BUY CONGRESS, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. THERE IS PLENTY OF OIL IN THE WORLD EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T LOOK FOR MORE RESERVES. THERE IS NO OIL SHORTAGE. THE REASON LESSENING OUR DEMAND FOR OIL WON'T MATTER IS THAT WE ARE THE CRACK ADDICTS OF THE OIL WORLD. WE USE SO MUCH THAT A REDUCTION IN USE STILL MEANS WE USE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO KEEP THING GOING THE WAY THEY ARE. THROW OUT MARKET IDEAS AND SEE THE REALITY. I SUPPOSE IF THEIR WERE LESS DEMAND FOR ELECTRICITY THAT NYSEG WOULD LOWER THEIR KILOWATT PER HOUR PRICE? YEA, RIGHT. THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT HAVE TO HAVE IT. THAT THROWS MARKET RULES OUT THE WINDOW. PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS.

Thank you Mr. T. Boone Pickens for you insightful analysis of the world petroleum industry.

We are delighted that you could take time to visit this board and inform us.

Thank you Mr. T. Boone Pickens for you insightful analysis of the world petroleum industry.

We are delighted that you could take time to visit this board and inform us.

NO PROBLEM. I WOULD HAVE HAD A 5TH GRADER EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, BUT THERE IS NO SCHOOL THIS WEEK.

Guest Adam Smitty

Despite saying some useful things, I cannot agree with you out of "ABUSE OF CAPS LOCK" principle. 1. "Buying" congress has little to do with this since most oil comes from other soverign nations, therefore out of our jurisdiction. 2. Yes NYSEG would have to lower their rates if people found an alternative. Back to the oil example, if people find that they can power their cars with water, then the price of oil would have to decrease due to the competition of a substitute, ie "the substitute effect" (part of demand). etc, etc, etc (Insert another argument to prove you wrong here) since you will ignore my first point and complain about price fixing with your inside the box thinking. Annnnd continue talking about this.

Guest Guest
I heard a story about a guy who used cooking oil from restaurants to fuel his car and after a few years the govt. demanded that he pay taxes on the fuel. That ought to tell you who the real culprits are.

I met such a man not long ago. He's got a big pickup that runs on USED cooking oil that the local chinese restaurants are all too happy to give him.

He showed me his tank and under the hood. He and a few other local men have developed this technology. They share ideas and fab techniques with people at RIT and other schools.

He ranted for half an hour about the US Gov't, how corrupt it is and how they're trying to shut these inventors down.

I was awe struck with his truck.

I met such a man not long ago. He's got a big pickup that runs on USED cooking oil that the local chinese restaurants are all too happy to give him.

He showed me his tank and under the hood. He and a few other local men have developed this technology. They share ideas and fab techniques with people at RIT and other schools.

He ranted for half an hour about the US Gov't, how corrupt it is and how they're trying to shut these inventors down.

I was awe struck with his truck.

That's what I meant. You strain the used oil and fuel a vehicle with it thereby cutting the govt. out of the mix. When they catch wind of this they are not happy.

Guest Guest
NO PROBLEM. I WOULD HAVE HAD A 5TH GRADER EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, BUT THERE IS NO SCHOOL THIS WEEK.

Well then get back to the playground with your fifth grade pals and leave your idiotic, misinformed opinions to thinking adults.

Archived