In Mayor Ryan's 'hood, this is legal

Guest SPJ

This "classic car" is less than a tenth-of-a-mile from Mayor Matt Ryan's home. In fact, it's on the same block, and just around the corner. It's been there for YEARS, quite literally, and one would have to assume that the mayor has, at some point, ventured toward Main Street, driving right past this "pile of Vega."

Before anyone accuses me of "stalking the mayor," that's not the case at all. I took this photo while looking for blatant code issues in numerous neighborhoods throughout the city. It's no secret where the mayor lives ... and I couldn't care any less about his residence, or his personal business, so, no ... not at all stalking.

However, I do find it ironic that for a mayor whose administration is taking such a zero-tolerance approach regarding the "junk vehicle" law currently on the housing code books, this is allowed to remain, over the entire length of this mayor's time in office, to date (and counting):

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/J...w¤t=Code373.jpg

Meanwhile, this "code issue" is currently bottled up in the city court system:

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/J...t=VetteNew8.jpg

Guest Guest

Mayor Ryan is a mental defect. His hippie, tree hugger mentality has sent Binghamton into a nose dive. Blaming the past does no good.

Matt Ryan has done NOTHING to improve the quality of life in the city. Unless of course you're gay, black, or a muslim. Then the city is at your feet.

Crime is out of control, as are wandering gangs of "thugs", as they so want to be called. Jobs are scarce.

But this idiot thinks he's doing a good job.

The first time he raised the gay flag, Ryan should have been relieved of duty. Things are too far gone now. Only a heavy military presence could take back the streets.

Five thousand of the US Army's finest could do the job in a weeks time.

Guest Guest
Mayor Ryan is a mental defect. His hippie, tree hugger mentality has sent Binghamton into a nose dive. Blaming the past does no good.

Matt Ryan has done NOTHING to improve the quality of life in the city. Unless of course you're gay, black, or a muslim. Then the city is at your feet.

Crime is out of control, as are wandering gangs of "thugs", as they so want to be called. Jobs are scarce.

But this idiot thinks he's doing a good job.

The first time he raised the gay flag, Ryan should have been relieved of duty. Things are too far gone now. Only a heavy military presence could take back the streets.

Five thousand of the US Army's finest could do the job in a weeks time.

What the **** has matt ryan done for muslims and blacks???

Guest Guest
. Blaming the past does no good.

Matt Ryan has done NOTHING to improve the quality of life in the city.

Read his Open Letter on the City's website.

He doesn't blame the past. He blames GWB and Albany for all of the city's woes.

He correctly lists the "bad news", some of the dire problems we face. Then goes on to just place blame on the White House because of Iraq.

I didn't agree with us going into Iraq, and still think it was a monumental mistake. But to blame that for the deterioration of Bing.??????

Duh.

Guest Rupet Murdock
Read his Open Letter on the City's website.

He doesn't blame the past. He blames GWB and Albany for all of the city's woes.

He correctly lists the "bad news", some of the dire problems we face. Then goes on to just place blame on the White House because of Iraq.

I didn't agree with us going into Iraq, and still think it was a monumental mistake. But to blame that for the deterioration of Bing.??????

Duh.

You are sooooo right, Hey he wanted to run for office and now he's there he clueless. I remember all the statements he made, he had all the answer's for Binghamton. Well what is this nonsense he is appointed all these people to commissions to figure out what needs to be done to fix Binghamton?

Please tell me it was all a dream!

Is this Mayor Ryan for real?

@

Guest Nameless in Binghamton

Can the original person that post this tell us which house this would be. The one Mayor Ryan has for a residence in the City of Binghamton or the one he resides at in the Town of Johnson City?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Guest

The guy said Town instead of Village. Big deal. Binghamton is still called a city and it probably should be called a Village now. Village of the damned.

@

Not sure what the question is. The "pile of Vega" is around the corner from the place where the mayor says he lives, on Grand Blvd. It's located next to Dr. Abraham Nichols' office.

Is that not still the city? I was under the impression it is.

-SPJ

Guest Guest
Can the original person that post this tell us which house this would be. The one Mayor Ryan has for a residence in the City of Binghamton or the one he resides at in the Town of Johnson City?

Why don't you just give us the address he stays at in JC. This is no time for guessing games.

Guest Guest

IF RYAN WERE A REAL MAN HE WOULD STAND UP AND DO SOME GOOD FOR THE CITY BUT INSTEAD HES KILLING IT!

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE WHOS NOT A NATIVE BINGHAMTONIAN AND COULD CARE LESS WHAT HAPPENS AS LONG AS HE BUILDING HIS RETIREMENT.

GO BACK TO HILLCREST WHERE YOU BELONG MAYOR RYAN YOUVE HAD YOUR FUN PLAYING MAYOR NOW GO HOME AND RESUME PLAYING WITH YOUR BARBIES!

WE DIDNT NEED YOU BEFORE AND WE DONT WANT YOU NOW!

Guest Guest

whoooo! I guess now the truth is coming out--eh. Matt Ryan moved to the house on Grand Blvd just to run for office. But he really does live in Johnson City, not Maine as some people have said. So now he is back residing in Johnson City I am surprised Ed hasn't figure that out yet!

Guest Guest
You are sooooo right, Hey he wanted to run for office and now he's there he clueless. I remember all the statements he made, he had all the answer's for Binghamton. Well what is this nonsense he is appointed all these people to commissions to figure out what needs to be done to fix Binghamton?

Please tell me it was all a dream!

Is this Mayor Ryan for real?

Worst part is several Businessmen, Doctors, Lawyers all publicly supported him during the election. I know the Female Doctor left Binghamton the second he got elected!!!

@

Guest Nameless in Binghamton

Its on record in the Broome County Clerks Office. You can find the residence on Town Line Rd in Johnson City.

Explains why he is always going to the Johnson City grocery store instead of using the one that dominate in Binghamton.

@

Update on the "Pile of Vega."

According to Mr. Lane, owner of Lane's, the "Pile of Vega," which was owned by a former employee of his and plopped in the driveway of his property across the street from the business, was removed a couple days ago, at the recent urging of the city's code enforcement department.

What good may come of the various photos of code issues citywide? The code department seems to be following at least a couple of them, and the situations are being rectified.

I haven't been over near McArthur in the past couple weeks. Is the old "Pile of Mustang" still in the yard adjacent to Booth Field, up on bocks?

Progress, folks ... progress. No doubt, we'll be told that this is the result of the mayor's plan.

The reality? A whole lotta CYA.

But in the end, we win. As long as the REAL problems are being taken care of, I'm happy to say so.

Whatever works!

Update on the "Pile of Vega."

According to Mr. Lane, owner of Lane's, the "Pile of Vega," which was owned by a former employee of his and plopped in the driveway of his property across the street from the business, was removed a couple days ago, at the recent urging of the city's code enforcement department.

What good may come of the various photos of code issues citywide? The code department seems to be following at least a couple of them, and the situations are being rectified.

I haven't been over near McArthur in the past couple weeks. Is the old "Pile of Mustang" still in the yard adjacent to Booth Field, up on bocks?

Progress, folks ... progress. No doubt, we'll be told that this is the result of the mayor's plan.

The reality? A whole lotta CYA.

But in the end, we win. As long as the REAL problems are being taken care of, I'm happy to say so.

Whatever works!

Nice work, SPJ.

TWS

Archived