EPD

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Mr. Endicott Police Chief, Do you know who the officer was who was driving car #656 this afternoon? Sitting at a red light at the corner of Exchange and Main, turning left onto Main and heading west. Why don't you check his cell phone records and see who he was talking to about 4:57pm today? If you have probable cause, can't you pull his records? Is someone telling you they saw him driving while on his cell phone and breaking the law nobody else is supposed to break, would that be cause to pull his records? I bet you would find he wasn't talking to you, or the dispatcher or another officer, unless of course they needed to know about him taking something and dropping it off at the house. Summer with the windows down is a wonderful thing. You hate to listen in on someones conversation but sometimes its just right there in front of you. You don't even have to try and listen. Of course you look right at him and try to get his attention when you are sitting right next to him but he ignores you because he knows what he is doing. Then again, I'm sure he doesn't care if you see him or not cause he thinks hes immune.

Guest Guest
And your just now figuring this out? What else is new?

Nope, have seen it on here a few times and got PO'd, but when you see it for yourself and its flaunted while you look right at them, you get really frustrated.

Guest guest
Mr. Endicott Police Chief, Do you know who the officer was who was driving car #656 this afternoon? Sitting at a red light at the corner of Exchange and Main, turning left onto Main and heading west. Why don't you check his cell phone records and see who he was talking to about 4:57pm today? If you have probable cause, can't you pull his records? Is someone telling you they saw him driving while on his cell phone and breaking the law nobody else is supposed to break, would that be cause to pull his records? I bet you would find he wasn't talking to you, or the dispatcher or another officer, unless of course they needed to know about him taking something and dropping it off at the house. Summer with the windows down is a wonderful thing. You hate to listen in on someones conversation but sometimes its just right there in front of you. You don't even have to try and listen. Of course you look right at him and try to get his attention when you are sitting right next to him but he ignores you because he knows what he is doing. Then again, I'm sure he doesn't care if you see him or not cause he thinks hes immune.

Why don't you get a life, half the time the police don't stop people for talking on the cell phone, maybe he was told to call his HQ or county dispatch.

Guest Reddi Killowatt

Cops can talk on their cell phone while driving because communication is part of their job, and cell phones are apart of communication. They don't fall under the 'no cell phone use while driving'...And why crab about it? You're prolly always jaw-jacking on your cell phone when you drive.

Guest Guest

WATTA MAROON!

Guest chief
WATTA MAROON!

DEAR UNINFORMED CITIZEN, ALTHOUGH I ADMIT THE EPD IS GUTLESS AND IS USUALLY SETTING UP SPEED TRAPS INSTEAD OF FIGHTING REAL CRIME, THEIR IS NO LAW AGAINST POLICE USING CELL PHONES. IF THEY WILL EVER DO THEIR JOB THEY NEED CELL PHONES SO THEY AREN'T ON SCANNERS. MAY I SUGGEST JOINING A PITCH CLUB OR AN ORGANIZATION THAT CAN GIVE YOU THE STIMULUS YOU NEED IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE.

@

New York Vehicle & Traffic Cell Phone Law:

§1225-c. Use of mobile telephones.

1. For purposes of this section, the following terms shall mean:

(a) "Mobile telephone" shall mean the device used by subscribers and other users of wireless telephone service to access such service.

(B) "Wireless telephone service" shall mean two-way real time voice telecommunications service that is interconnected to a public switched telephone network and is provided by a commercial mobile radio service, as such term is defined by 47 C.F.R. S 20.3.

© "Using" shall mean holding a mobile telephone to, or in the immediate proximity of, the user's ear.

(d) "Hand-held mobile telephone" shall mean a mobile telephone with which a user engages in a call using at least one hand.

(e) "Hands-free mobile telephone" shall mean a mobile telephone that has an internal feature or function, or that is equipped with an attachment or addition, whether or not permanently part of such mobile telephone, by which a user engages in a call without the use of either hand, whether or not the use of either hand is necessary to activate, deactivate or initiate a function of such telephone.

(f) "Engage in a call" shall mean talking into or listening on a hand-held mobile telephone, but shall not include holding a mobile telephone to activate, deactivate or initiate a function of such telephone.

(g) "Immediate proximity" shall mean that distance as permits the operator of a mobile telephone to hear telecommunications transmitted over such mobile telephone, but shall not require physical contact with such operator's ear.

2. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, no person shall operate a motor vehicle upon a public highway while using a mobile telephone to engage in a call while such vehicle is in motion. (B) An operator of a motor vehicle who holds a mobile telephone to, or in the immediate proximity of his or her ear while such vehicle is in motion is presumed to be engaging in a call within the meaning of this section. The presumption established by this subdivision is rebuttable by evidence tending to show that the operator was not engaged in a call. © The provisions of this section shall not be construed as authorizing the seizure or forfeiture of a mobile telephone, unless otherwise provided by law.

3. Subdivision two of this section shall not apply to (a) the use of a mobile telephone for the sole purpose of communicating with any of the following regarding an emergency situation: an emergency response operator; a hospital, physician's office or health clinic; an ambulance company or corps; a fire department, district or company; or a police department, (B)any of the following persons while in the performance of their official duties: a police officer or peace officer; a member of a fire department, district or company; or the operator of an authorized emergency vehicle as defined in section one hundred one of this chapter, or © the use of a hands-free mobile telephone.

4. A violation of subdivision two of this section shall be a traffic infraction and shall be punishable by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars.

At least know the law before you post such content!

Guest Guest

Read the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law - Police Officers in offical police vehicles can talk on their cell phones. Their vehicles aren't registered, they are considering "emergency vehicles". Exception to the rule.

Guest Guest
next time just shoot him at the red light and say can you hear me now

Guest Guest
DEAR UNINFORMED CITIZEN, ALTHOUGH I ADMIT THE EPD IS GUTLESS AND IS USUALLY SETTING UP SPEED TRAPS INSTEAD OF FIGHTING REAL CRIME, THEIR IS NO LAW AGAINST POLICE USING CELL PHONES. IF THEY WILL EVER DO THEIR JOB THEY NEED CELL PHONES SO THEY AREN'T ON SCANNERS. MAY I SUGGEST JOINING A PITCH CLUB OR AN ORGANIZATION THAT CAN GIVE YOU THE STIMULUS YOU NEED IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE.

@

Dear Clueless - I meant the OP was a maroon, not the EPD. Please take a course in reading comprehension before posting again!

@

I have been reading the paper lately and it seems like there has been an increase of drug arrest in the village. Plus, speed traps are part of being a police officer. You are probably mad because you have been caught on your cell phone and speeding.

@

Guest chief
I have been reading the paper lately and it seems like there has been an increase of drug arrest in the village. Plus, speed traps are part of being a police officer. You are probably mad because you have been caught on your cell phone and speeding.

@

ACTUALLY, I WAS BUSY TRYING TO AVOID THE SPEED TRAPS, WHILE FLEEING THE CRYPTS AND BLOODS HAVING DRUG WARS IN THE MIDDLE OF WASHINGTON AVE. THE EPD CAUGHT THE SPEEDER BUT APPARENTLY DIDN'T SEE THE CRYPTS AND BLOODS. I GUESS THEY HAVE THEIR PRIORITIES.

@I am impressed by your intimate knowledge of the EPD. I can also assume you are a person of integtrity and not one who would criticize without being willing and able to not only talk the talk but walk the walk. Are you in the academy now or when do you start?

Archived