Auto window tinting

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I hear that NYS is considering a new law banning any and all after market window tinting period ( except for medical excuse ). Anybody got some good info on this?

Guest Guest

How come Broome Transit buses can cover an entire side of a bus with an ad - You can not see into the bus, but riders can see out the windows.

Guest Guest
How come Broome Transit buses can cover an entire side of a bus with an ad - You can not see into the bus, but riders can see out the windows.

I think buses are in another catergory. Cops want to see into privately own vehicles. In Florida you can tint all and at any darkness. NY is becoming more and more communist.

Guest Guest
I think buses are in another catergory. Cops want to see into privately own vehicles. In Florida you can tint all and at any darkness. NY is becoming more and more communist.

I bet you have sweet rims too! How is your sound system? Mad bass?

It's a shame you people put your whole McDonalds paycheck into your car only to look like you want to be cool.

Guest NY Sux
In Florida you can tint all and at any darkness. NY is becoming more and more communist.

In FL there is more use for window tinting :rolleyes: Agree completely on the communist remark!

Guest Wrong
I bet you have sweet rims too! How is your sound system? Mad bass?

It's a shame you people put your whole McDonalds paycheck into your car only to look like you want to be cool.

No I work at Burger King. Get your facts straight :D

Guest BC Voice of Reason
I hear that NYS is considering a new law banning any and all after market window tinting period ( except for medical excuse ). Anybody got some good info on this?

Haven't heard about it, but wouldn't be surprised. I believe California has a similar law already, and NY state usually hops on their bandwagon with every ridiculous law that are put in place just to generate more revenue for the state. Glad they have their priorities straight, as this will just force a lot of small businesses, like Tint Conditions, to eventually shut down.

Guest Guest
Haven't heard about it, but wouldn't be surprised. I believe California has a similar law already, and NY state usually hops on their bandwagon with every ridiculous law that are put in place just to generate more revenue for the state. Glad they have their priorities straight, as this will just force a lot of small businesses, like Tint Conditions, to eventually shut down.

I think the law is to prevent a driver from holding a gun to the window as a cop walks up to the car.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
I think the law is to prevent a driver from holding a gun to the window as a cop walks up to the car.

The cop should just announce to roll down their window prior to approaching the car and if they don't comply call for backup.

Guest Guest
The cop should just announce to roll down their window prior to approaching the car and if they don't comply call for backup.

Roll down all the windows?? The back and rear too? Duh!

@

Guest Guest

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of laws on the books already stating that holding a gun to the window as a cop walks up to the car is illegal.

@

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Roll down all the windows?? The back and rear too? Duh!

@

What, the piece of crap you drive doesn't have automatic windows? Also, smarty-pants, The current NYS tint law says the back window can be tinted any percentage. Duh yourself!

Guest Guest

And how will untinted windows keep the driver from holding a gun in his lap or hiding it on his right side as the cop walks up?

How long does it take to pull a gun up 18" into firing position?

You didn't think your post out very well before hitting submit, did you?

Guest frank

Your an DELETED!!!!

Guest Guest

If you were a cop would you rather approach a car with dark tinted windows, or a car without?

Easy answer for most, but proabaly not for you. Duh! :lol:

Guest BC Voice of Reason
If you were a cop would you rather approach a car with dark tinted windows, or a car without?

Easy answer for most, but proabaly not for you. Duh! :lol:

If I were a cop and had to go to a house for a civil disturbance I'd rather there weren't any curtains or shades on the windows so I could clearly see inside. Is that where this is all leading to? Far-fetched example? Maybe. Just continue to sit idly by with the rest of the consensus and accept whatever Albany and Washington says is good for us. After all, they must be looking out for our best interests, right?

Guest Guest
If I were a cop and had to go to a house for a civil disturbance I'd rather there weren't any curtains or shades on the windows so I could clearly see inside. Is that where this is all leading to? Far-fetched example? Maybe. Just continue to sit idly by with the rest of the consensus and accept whatever Albany and Washington says is good for us. After all, they must be looking out for our best interests, right?

Thats next..... no shades or curtains allows in windows.

Guest Guest
Thats next..... no shades or curtains allows in windows.

Yes, then no clothes allowed so the cops can see if you are carrying a gun.

You twits are soooooooo paranoid.

Put another layer of tin foil on your hats, and lay off the pipe for a day! LOL

I would like the government to stay out of everyone's business too BUT I would rather have lighter window tints on vehicles for the simple fact that it makes being a police officer a little safer (such as on traffic stops). That would be the only reason.

@

Guest A South Sider

Broome County Sheriffs Deputy Kevin Smith stopped me for speeding (49 in a 45) on Upper Front St. I know that speeding is against the law, and I am not even going to get into how petty getting pulled over for 4 mph over the limit actually is, but I know that was not the reason he pulled me over. I tinted the windows on my pickup a few years back, and Deputy Smith made it very clear how unhappy he was with that fact. I understand that is also against the law, and I am not attempting to argue the facts of law versus reality versus sanity. However, this is my major beef with the whole incident... The deputy demanded that I tell him where I had my windows tinted. He did not accept "my driveway, sir" as in answer. He kept insisting that I give him the name of an auto tinting store, or he would write me "every ticket in his book." I am not some punk running around causing trouble. I am a lifetime resident of this city, a homeowner, a tax payer, and a job holder. I took my lumps from Deputy Smith, had the speeding ticket tossed out, paid Tint Condition to scrape my window tint off (could not get the adheasive off myself), and brought proof of the work to the court and had that ticket dismissed as well. I broke the law, I paid. I am a big boy, I understand how that works. However, the bullying actions of Deputy Smith were out of line, agressive, and over the top.

Had to vent.

@

Archived