PINHEAD OF THE WEEK

Guest Rachel

Guest Rachel

Really, I have to say that I am very shocked that this isnt a bigger topic with everyone in Binghamton, and not just binghamton, but Broome County as a whole. This is such a good thing, and a compliment at that. Everyone whines and complains about everything on here, why not whine and do some good at the same time??? Why not worry about serious things instead of what bar is the best in binghamton? Or Italian resturants? Or tattoo's and piercings? Come on residents!!! Let's group together and make a positive change and accomplishment for the City of Binghamton since no one else will. Stand up for your beliefs and and your rights!!

Guest Guest
Really, I have to say that I am very shocked that this isnt a bigger topic with everyone in Binghamton, and not just binghamton, but Broome County as a whole. This is such a good thing, and a compliment at that. Everyone whines and complains about everything on here, why not whine and do some good at the same time??? Why not worry about serious things instead of what bar is the best in binghamton? Or Italian resturants? Or tattoo's and piercings? Come on residents!!! Let's group together and make a positive change and accomplishment for the City of Binghamton since no one else will. Stand up for your beliefs and and your rights!!

What part of the fact that the Ross building destruction is NOT an implosion (which the show has to have) and the fact that an implosion CANNOT be done for the Ross building because of the directly adjacent structures is it that YOU and the others do not understand?

In THIS case the buildings are TOO CLOSE. With implosions there is a limit as to how close they can be. Please understand that.

Guest Rachel

Okay Smart Guy, Are you an engineer? Has the city looked into have an engineer that specializes in impolsions come take a look at the building? how are you so sure that this can not be done?? You are very persistent in thinking that you know it all, which only makes me thing that you are Matt Ryan, or someone that works for him.

Guest Rachel
What part of the fact that the Ross building destruction is NOT an implosion (which the show has to have) and the fact that an implosion CANNOT be done for the Ross building because of the directly adjacent structures is it that YOU and the others do not understand?

In THIS case the buildings are TOO CLOSE. With implosions there is a limit as to how close they can be. Please understand that.

Still no answer ??? Have you ever been involved in bring a building down this way? How do you feel so confident in what you know?? And if you are experienced in this field, why don't you please state your name and business so that I know who you are and your credentials.

Guest Guest

Im glad we are worried about chilli dogs and naming horses haha :lol:

@

Guest Guest
I think Criss Angel should implode the whole city and make it dissapear.

How about we have him start with Kennedy Fried and go from there to Hip Hop Fashions?

Guest Rachel

BTK the question was, why does this guy feel so qualified to rip apart everything I say. I asked if he was an engineer, or knew one who specialized in implosions to back up his information.

Guest City Taxpayer

Rachel seems to be smarter than whomever was giving her a hard time. ;)

Good job Rachel, hope you or your father hear from Criss Angel's people! ;)

@

I just happened to be talking to Garo a short time ago, he told me he instructed Dan Lord on behalf of BCVoice to contact Criss Angel's people to see if it could be brought back to Binghamton. He also instructed Dan to see what was needed and what was offered.

@

After a few tries to contact the management company of Criss Angel, I was referred to Criss's public relations manager Steve Flynn. Again after playing some telephone tag with Steve in meetings we finally made contact by email. Below is the email I sent Steve and a list of legitimate questions I thought should be answered.

Hi Steve,

Sorry we couldn't link up on the telephone to discuss the few questions I had. But this format will work also.

I represent BCVoice.com, a local message board and alternative news source for Binghamton, NY and surrounding county of Broome. We have been notified by our local print newspaper that Criss Angel's production team had inquired about imploding a building in Criss's upcoming "Mindfreak". We found out our Mayor had denied the request. I can not receive any information from our public officials. I hope you may be able to shed some light on the discussions for us. Here is a list of question I have for you and I appreciate your time and consideration.

* How did Criss Angel and his production company find out that the City of Binghamton was going to demolish the building?

* Did Criss Angel's production company or Criss himself, if he was involved in the discussion offer the City of Binghamton any financial consideration for the event?

* Was there an engineering study done on the building to see if it would be good for the event?

* Who was going to provide the financing for the demolition experts? Was the City to provide or was Criss's production company to pay the cost?

*Who was to provide the insurance for the event? And what would it cover? Injury to spectators and surrounding buildings?

* How were surrounding businesses to be compensated for lost revenue for being closed due to the implosion?

* How would the clean up of the building to be completed? Was this the City's responsibility?

*Who would be responsible for the extra Police needed for the event? And how many would be needed?

* Were any of the above question asked, requested or inquired by the City before they made their decision?

* Can the City of Binghamton still be considered for this upcoming event? Or has there been to much of a delay?

*Anything else you would like to provide!

Again, I thank you for your time in answering these inquiries for me.

With much Respect.

Dan Lord

Here is the response I have just received from Steve:

Hey Daniel,

While I would certainly love to answer all of your questions...here is

the response to the first one..

We had initial discussions with the city of Binghamton about the

possibility of doing our demonstration there. We found the building in a

search for those soon to be imploded. As we were told during those

initial discussions that it would be highly improbable for us to do it there,

we never went into any discussions further about the intricate

operations surrounding the stunt.

Hope that answers a few of your questions.

Best,

Steve Flynn

More to follow!

Thanks,

Dan

@

Guest Guest

I can't believe the City Admin didn't even invite them to come and see if it was possable to do the stunt here in Binghamton.

See what was on the table and also if their experts could implode the building safely.

I see it was the City which dropped the ball on this event coming to Binghamton.

Our Loss because of incompetence at City Hall.

Archived