PINHEAD OF THE WEEK

Guest Rachel

Guest Rachel
Okay, so here is OPINION, but I think that most will likely agree with me. Today I looked at yesterdays PRESS AND SUN BULLETIN paper and noticed an article about the ROSS building and Criss Angel, "the postmodern Houdini" and also the star of A&E's tv show MINDFREAK. Representatives from A&E called the city and told them that Criss Angel had an interest in dissappearing from the ross building while it was being demolished during a special show. The city of binghamton said no. WHAT? WHAT?!Who made this stupid decision?????????? The A&E tv channels show MINDFREAK wanted to come to Binghamton, and film this happening. Let me break this down for you Mr. Matt Ryan A&E AND CRISS ANGEL = FAMOUS VISITORS WITH A VERY LARGE FOLLOWING COMING TO THE AREA = MONEY FOR BUSINESSES AND HOTELS!!!!!!!! Was that really that difficult to understand??? I saw this article and was fuming. This really might be the most ridiculous thing that could ever be done by Mr. Matt Ryan during this term as "mayor". Criss Angel is the man that went to LAS VEGAS and levitated over a famous hotel on his tv show, and Matt Ryan told him he could not come here. Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?? It said in the paper that this is going to cost the city $417,000, IF WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE BUILDING BEING DEMOLISHED, WHY NOT MAKE SOME OF THAT BACK WITH ALL OF THE FANS THAT WILL COME SEE ANGEL AND STAY AT HOTELS AND EAT OUT AND STAY IN THE AREA????? HELLO?!?!?! HE WILL HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT ANYWAYS ABOUT THIS BEING HIS DECISION AND NO LIABILITY ON THE CITY!!!!! IS THERE ANYONE IN THAT THOUGHT ABOUT THIS??? IF NOT, I THINK I SHOULD BE MAYOR

Guest Guest

To the OP. Uhm, Cris Angel's crew wants an IMPLOSION demolition, and the Ross Building is being torn-down old-style. Implosions cost more.

Got anything else to beef about?

Guest Guest

There's also the problem that the Ross building can't safely be imploded without damages to buildings very close by. Sure, they implode buildings and leave buildings next door intact, we see it all the time, but in this case the other buildings are way too close. ALL demolitions are not implosions you know, there are ones that can't be done.

Guest Guest

So, find a way to demolish it. Work with criss angel and the show and and find a medium. maybe they would be willing to compromise somewhere.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Okay, so here is OPINION, but I think that most will likely agree with me. Today I looked at yesterdays PRESS AND SUN BULLETIN paper and noticed an article about the ROSS building and Criss Angel, "the postmodern Houdini" and also the star of A&E's tv show MINDFREAK. Representatives from A&E called the city and told them that Criss Angel had an interest in dissappearing from the ross building while it was being demolished during a special show. The city of binghamton said no. WHAT? WHAT?!Who made this stupid decision?????????? The A&E tv channels show MINDFREAK wanted to come to Binghamton, and film this happening. Let me break this down for you Mr. Matt Ryan A&E AND CRISS ANGEL = FAMOUS VISITORS WITH A VERY LARGE FOLLOWING COMING TO THE AREA = MONEY FOR BUSINESSES AND HOTELS!!!!!!!! Was that really that difficult to understand??? I saw this article and was fuming. This really might be the most ridiculous thing that could ever be done by Mr. Matt Ryan during this term as "mayor". Criss Angel is the man that went to LAS VEGAS and levitated over a famous hotel on his tv show, and Matt Ryan told him he could not come here. Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?? It said in the paper that this is going to cost the city $417,000, IF WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE BUILDING BEING DEMOLISHED, WHY NOT MAKE SOME OF THAT BACK WITH ALL OF THE FANS THAT WILL COME SEE ANGEL AND STAY AT HOTELS AND EAT OUT AND STAY IN THE AREA????? HELLO?!?!?! HE WILL HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT ANYWAYS ABOUT THIS BEING HIS DECISION AND NO LIABILITY ON THE CITY!!!!! IS THERE ANYONE IN THAT THOUGHT ABOUT THIS??? IF NOT, I THINK I SHOULD BE MAYOR

Is this a Matt Ryan tag cloud?

Guest Guest
So, find a way to demolish it. Work with criss angel and the show and and find a medium. maybe they would be willing to compromise somewhere.

A very good ponit and answer at least your intellingent.

Guest Guest

No, they specifically said they wanted an implosion. It's easy for them to move on. They'll find an implosion easy enough.

Guest Guest
No wonder binghamton is in the state that it is, you are all morons

I'll second that notion.. Hillbilly want to be's... Bush Lovin', Dodge Truck driving, DELETED ', Nascar watching, Bud Drinking, Cousin Lovin' Hillbillies.. People in Binghamton would rather complain and argue with each other all day instead of doing anything positive for a change..

Guest country girl2
I'll second that notion.. Hillbilly want to be's... Bush Lovin', Dodge Truck driving, DELETED ', Nascar watching, Bud Drinking, Cousin Lovin' Hillbillies.. People in Binghamton would rather complain and argue with each other all day instead of doing anything positive for a change..

WTF, who the heck are you and what "good" things do you do? Seems to me that you are a sour negative piece of crap, I cant imagine you doing any good things, you are too nasty of a person by reading your post. And BTW.........."Bush Lovin', Dodge Truck driving"...........yes I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, I dont give a crap what you think. B)

It just amazes's me how Sean Massey made this issue a prority over the Cities sensitive water increase issue. Not only that issue but the issue of the imploding the Ross building. A well renowed Magician on TV Criss Angel who would fill hotels and resturants for an event of this magnitude. The Binghamton Press does no justice for our area. By the way whom maybe benifiting finanically raising the Ross building keepingCriss Angel from coming here with TV coverage???

Who is the hair brain who is guiding this ship!

I don't want to hear the nonsense the implosion would drop other buildings. These implosion's

can be controlled, they are controlled for the building to be dropped any direction they want to by these experts.

My daughter couldn't believe what she was reading the Press Wednesday April 16th article. She said to me "Dad do they even have an idea who this is? Are they crazy don't they have the common sense of what it would do for this area let alone the City of Binghamton!!!" She remarked why isn't the City of Binghamton along with the Press supporting this.

Now BCVoice is trying to contact Criss Angel to co-sponsor along with MTV this event. We will contact the City if it's still possable after they dropped the ball.

Rachel's response on this issue is posted on one of the pages here on BCV. Just do a search for her remarks.

@

Guest Guest

Here is an idea.negotiate with them and ask them to pay for the demolition and maybe they will.

Oh wait,I forgot we got a gov't grant for half the cost.

exactly...for the love of god, at least the city should sound interested. let the show decide if it is a good fit for them. this city is in no position to turn down any offer for positive publicity, and anything that fills some hotel rooms and puts money into local economy is good. why would the city shoot this down rather than at least showing some interest.

@

exactly...for the love of god, at least the city should sound interested. let the show decide if it is a good fit for them. this city is in no position to turn down any offer for positive publicity, and anything that fills some hotel rooms and puts money into local economy is good. why would the city shoot this down rather than at least showing some interest.

@

I agree

Would help Broome alot. Broome needs money and that would have put money into Broome. I beleive MTV was going to pay for it. But Ryan said NO

Guest Guest

Thanks for your pointless input Matt Ryan, we all think you are a DELETED too!! Too bad the people of the city didnt realize it before they elected you mayor!

Guest BCV In The Know

I just happened to be talking to Garo a short time ago, he told me he instructed Dan Lord on behalf of BCVoice to contact Criss Angel's people to see if it could be brought back to Binghamton. He also instructed Dan to see what was needed and what was offered.

@

Archived