And the killing goes on.......

A Faithful Catholic

Of course, a pope couldn't do anything wrong, how silly of me. :blink: I'm not denying Muslims didn't have part of the blame, but the pope DID initiate the crusades to exterminate Jews as well as the Muslims. I'm sure you'll twist it however you want to protect your lic history, but it DID happen.

The Pope is INFALLIBLE in the Teachings of the Faith and Morals ONLY. He certainly CAN make mistakes in other areas. Certainly NOT when he invokes infallibility, which he rarely does.

The Muslims are the TOTAL blame for the Crusades, ALL OF IT, just like the Jews and then the Muslims AGAIN have the TOTAL blame for the Spanish Inquisition. :blink: You need to put blame where it belongs.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago (I am a male) I said to a female coworker who was about 25 at the time - "Don't you think abortion is murder?" She got up out of her seat and yelled at me "No one is ever going to take away my constitutional rights of freedom of choice!"

A few years ago (I am a male) I said to a female coworker who was about 25 at the time - "Don't you think abortion is murder?" She got up out of her seat and yelled at me "No one is ever going to take away my constitutional rights of freedom of choice!"

That's funny. I have never read it in the Constitution! :blink: That's funny and sad at the same time.

You are against abortion but also against birth control and sex ed. I think you just like to fight. Save the children and get rid of the blind religious. Peace

Why, you ask.........because it is written

AFC waiting for a comment on this:

If abotion were to be made illegal in the US would there or should there be an exception for victims of rape or incest?

Suppose a 13 year old girl was the victim of a brutal rape and then found out she was pregnet from the attack - shoudn't she have the option of terminating the pregnency if she would choose that option??

AFC waiting for a comment on this:

Sorry...

If abotion were to be made illegal in the US would there or should there be an exception for victims of rape or incest?

Just because a HORRIBLE crime has been committed does not give us the right to murder an innocent life.

Suppose a 13 year old girl was the victim of a brutal rape and then found out she was pregnet from the attack - shoudn't she have the option of terminating the pregnency if she would choose that option??

Abortion is the killing of the innocent and it is against the Word of God, no matter what the circumstances. Procuring an abortion results in automatic excommunication, just by committing the act itself.

It's a HORRIBLE tragedy that rape occurs. That does not give us the right to take an innocent life AT ALL. Giving the baby up for adoption is always a choice. Murder is never a choice.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
The Pope is INFALLIBLE in the Teachings of the Faith and Morals ONLY. He certainly CAN make mistakes in other areas. Certainly NOT when he invokes infallibility, which he rarely does.

The Muslims are the TOTAL blame for the Crusades, ALL OF IT, just like the Jews and then the Muslims AGAIN have the TOTAL blame for the Spanish Inquisition. :blink: You need to put blame where it belongs.

The pope is a man just like you or I. He can most certainly fail in absolutely every area. That's so incredibly absurd to think that he has the ability to invoke infallibility, like he's some sort of damn superhero.

Keep telling yourself the muslims are to blame wholly, that isn't going to change history or the atrocities of your lic church. I put the blame on all of organized religion. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other cause.

The pope is a man just like you or I.

He is a human being.

He can most certainly fail in absolutely every area.

Not when it comes to the Faith and Moral teachings of the Church. The Holy Spirit will not let Him, per Christ's will.

That's so incredibly absurd to think that he has the ability to invoke infallibility, like he's some sort of damn superhero.

The Successor of Peter has the Keys to Heaven and the God Given authority to "bind and loose" on earth and in Heaven, per Christ's will.

Keep telling yourself the Muslims are to blame,

They are to be blamed for the Crusades and are part to blame for the Spanish Inquisition, along side the Jews.

that isn't going to change history or the atrocities of your lic church.

The Faith is PERFECT, the people are not.

I put the blame on all of organized religion. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other cause.

Jesus promised to Peter that the Gates of Hell will not prevail against His Church. For 2,000 years it hasn't, even though it has been attacked from all sides and from within. The Church will defend itself. The Catholic Church still survives and will continue to.

Guest Guest_The West Sider_*
I do think the Church does need to catechize the Faithful better. Many people don't understand the Mass in relation to Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition. You say the Church is out of touch....What do you mean? Not modernized?

Thanks for your reply.

Sure.

By out of touch I mean that they need to do a better job in reaching people and educating them.

I DO NOT think that they need to become less conservative. Focus on the Bible more other than the two readings and the Gospel reading from the priest.

The Bible is literally the Word of God. What better way to live and learn than from the Book itself.

As far as my education in the Catholic Church, I think it was kind of a joke (no offense intended). It seemed as if it was just "listen to the priest" rather than the actual Word of God. One thing I like about the church I attend now is that the Pastor says this is the way it should be. He is very clear about it is not him saying it but pointing to the Bible as the guiding light for all to follow.

The Hope Appeal fund raiser kind of always bothered me as well. When I was a Catholic, I was not a good tither. I have become a better tither (Matthew 13:3-8) and am working even better still. It made little or no sense to me that if your Church did not make what it was expected to make that the Diocese of Syracuse would get what they were "owed" even if they had to dip into the local church's coffers. Did not seem fair. Money raised here should stay here for outreach, education, and such.

TWS

The pope is a man just like you or I. He can most certainly fail in absolutely every area. That's so incredibly absurd to think that he has the ability to invoke infallibility, like he's some sort of damn superhero.

Keep telling yourself the muslims are to blame wholly, that isn't going to change history or the atrocities of your lic church. I put the blame on all of organized religion. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other cause.

I see you added the word WHOLLY. Do a little reading????

That's funny. I have never read it in the Constitution! :blink: That's funny and sad at the same time.

What is "funny" and "sad" at the same time is the fact that an idiot would think it appropriate to initiate such a conversation at work with someone he apparently did not know very well. The woman should have told the guy his question was inappropriate and if he persisted, she should then have filed a complaint with HR.

The other option would be to grab his meatballs, twist them.

By out of touch I mean that they need to do a better job in reaching people and educating them.

They are part to blame. The people also need to take an interest in their Faith as well.

I DO NOT think that they need to become less conservative.

I think they should crack down on the dissenters in the pews.

Focus on the Bible more other than the two readings and the Gospel reading from the priest.

That's always a good thing.

The Bible is literally the Word of God. What better way to live and learn than from the Book itself.

It is the WRITTEN Word of God, only part of it. Everything the Apostles did and started outside of scripture is ALSO the Word of God. That includes all Apostolic Sees and bishoprics.

As far as my education in the Catholic Church, I think it was kind of a joke (no offense intended). It seemed as if it was just "listen to the priest" rather than the actual Word of God. One thing I like about the church I attend now is that the Pastor says this is the way it should be. He is very clear about it is not him saying it but pointing to the Bible as the guiding light for all to follow.

I don't understand. The readings ARE the Word of God.

The Hope Appeal fund raiser kind of always bothered me as well. When I was a Catholic, I was not a good tither. I have become a better tither (Matthew 13:3-8) and am working even better still. It made little or no sense to me that if your Church did not make what it was expected to make that the Diocese of Syracuse would get what they were "owed" even if they had to dip into the local church's coffers. Did not seem fair. Money raised here should stay here for outreach, education, and such.

TWS

The Bishop is the Authority in His Diocese. He does have the final say. The Hope Appeal was very successful this year.

One good thing about the Catholic Church is that they teach morality in Suday School. The difference between what is Right and what is Wrong. What sin is. In this day and age many young people seem to have a major lack of ubderstanding of these principles.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
I see you added the word WHOLLY. Do a little reading????

No, I reread my post and decided to add that in. I did not want to misconstrue that I think muslims are any better than catholics. They're both part of the problem. However, you cannot deny history that the pope initiated the crusades, with the foolish promise that the sins of the crusaders would be forgiven. That foolishness led to nearly two hundred years of murder, plundering, and despicable atrocities... all in the name of God.

We also support children after they are born and not just in the womb

Now that sure sounds to me like you are calling the 'potential' humans in utero children....If they are children, how can you support abortion?

I admit that I 'lifted' this from another thread, but I thought it was very appropriate to this one:

Very very interesitng article in today's New York Times Sunday magazine about infants and fetus' pain.

The article discusses fetal pain - almost certainly by 20 weeks of gestation, but also the fact that 20 years ago Drs did not believe newborns felt pain and so did complex invasive surgeries - including heart surgery - on newborns without any anesthia for pain, only medication that - basically - paralyzed the infant during long, complex surgical procedures (unbelievable to me!)...however, with research the Drs have discovered what any parent could have told them YES BABIES FEEL PAIN, what the hell???????? Gee, guess what? Newborn babies that are anesthetized during these surgeries have a higher survival rate than those who do not - even with the dangers and deaths of these infants from the anesthesia itself. Now it is standard procedure and not using anestheia on newborns is considered malpractice.

Now they are researching fetal pain as related to in inter-unterine surgeries on fetuses - some Drs are starting to give fetal pain killers during those surgeries as well as there is much scientific evidence that they do feel pain. They also, obviously, discuss the question of how much pain fetus feel while being aborted -

There are bills in Congress now that would require Drs to tell women requesting abortions that their fetus' feel pain and to offer administration of anesthesia 'directly to the pain capable unborn child' before an abortion.

However, Elizabeth Nash, a public policy assoiciate at the Guttmacher Instituute, a reproductive - rights group stated "By PERSONIFING (caps are mine) the fetus, they're trying to steer the woman's decision away from abortion" (???!!!???)

I just think that 200 years from now people will look back upon this period of time, with abortions as a legal option, about like we think of slavery...what in the name of God were people thinking, allowing that to go on?

And, hey Lizzie, it isn't a BAD thing to "to steer the woman's decision away from abortion" you hateful creature.

I admit that I 'lifted' this from another thread, but I thought it was very appropriate to this one:

Very very interesitng article in today's New York Times Sunday magazine about infants and fetus' pain.

The article discusses fetal pain - almost certainly by 20 weeks of gestation, but also the fact that 20 years ago Drs did not believe newborns felt pain and so did complex invasive surgeries - including heart surgery - on newborns without any anesthia for pain, only medication that - basically - paralyzed the infant during long, complex surgical procedures (unbelievable to me!)...however, with research the Drs have discovered what any parent could have told them YES BABIES FEEL PAIN, what the hell???????? Gee, guess what? Newborn babies that are anesthetized during these surgeries have a higher survival rate than those who do not - even with the dangers and deaths of these infants from the anesthesia itself. Now it is standard procedure and not using anestheia on newborns is considered malpractice.

Now they are researching fetal pain as related to in inter-unterine surgeries on fetuses - some Drs are starting to give fetal pain killers during those surgeries as well as there is much scientific evidence that they do feel pain. They also, obviously, discuss the question of how much pain fetus feel while being aborted -

There are bills in Congress now that would require Drs to tell women requesting abortions that their fetus' feel pain and to offer administration of anesthesia 'directly to the pain capable unborn child' before an abortion.

However, Elizabeth Nash, a public policy assoiciate at the Guttmacher Instituute, a reproductive - rights group stated "By PERSONIFING (caps are mine) the fetus, they're trying to steer the woman's decision away from abortion" (???!!!???)

I just think that 200 years from now people will look back upon this period of time, with abortions as a legal option, about like we think of slavery...what in the name of God were people thinking, allowing that to go on?

And, hey Lizzie, it isn't a BAD thing to "to steer the woman's decision away from abortion" you hateful creature.

Jumpin' Jesus! Give it a rest. Are you going to plaster it on every thread?

Abortion is legal. Get over it.

Sorry...

Just because a HORRIBLE crime has been committed does not give us the right to murder an innocent life.

Abortion is the killing of the innocent and it is against the Word of God, no matter what the circumstances. Procuring an abortion results in automatic excommunication, just by committing the act itself.

It's a HORRIBLE tragedy that rape occurs. That does not give us the right to take an innocent life AT ALL. Giving the baby up for adoption is always a choice. Murder is never a choice.

And if that 13-year old should happen to be at risk of dying due to physically being unable to have a child, well-- too bad. Tough luck for you, kiddo. It's all part of God's wonderful plan and religious fanatics will make damn sure God's plan is fulfilled! And if that 13-year old should happen to be able to carry the pregnancy to term, better stay in the house for the full nine months. Otherwise, these same conservative fanatics will sneer at you and shake their heads at seeing a child pregnant and assume you are slut. One way or the other, your life will be over. Too bad for you. But the people judging you and wanting to force this all upon you will sleep soundly, knowing they saved a fetus.

Who was the Cardinal with the 1/2 hour TV shows? I believe it was Cardinal Fulton Sheen - What an intelligent man - A voice of reason - His kind of intellect is seldom seen!!

Who was the Cardinal with the 1/2 hour TV shows? I believe it was Cardinal Fulton Sheen - What an intelligent man - A voice of reason - His kind of intellect is seldom seen!!

Are you on crack or did you just wake up from a coma?

Wasn't he one of the ones later discovered to have molested children?

One good thing about the Catholic Church is that they teach morality in Suday School. The difference between what is Right and what is Wrong. What sin is.

Society and even some "churches" have BLURRED the line between what is a sin and what is not a sin. This certainly jeopardizes souls.

In this day and age many young people seem to have a major lack of understanding of these principles.

BIG TIME. Kids are pushing their kids, in strollers, in HIGH SCHOOL. How hard is it to keep their pants on?

Thanks for the intelligent post, I was beginning to lose hope.

Archived