And the killing goes on.......

A Faithful Catholic

Didn't you assert that there was no Bible until after Christ's time on Earth?

Correct. The bible was not compiled as we know it, until the 4th century, thanks to the Catholic Church.

Besides, is there any historical record of the personal writing skills of Jesus?

Maybe Jesus had a holy Ghost Writer??

The writers were Holy Spirit INSPIRED. The BIBLE is a historical and spiritual document of the Catholic Church.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa you two. It is a fact that when the Muslims DID 'start' the trouble in the middle east when they began 'harassing' the Christian pilgrims. I looked at several sites and yes, that is what happened. "Harassing' doesn't mean calling them bad names either, it means murdering Christian pilgrims.

Originally, the Crusaders WERE sent to protect these pilgrims. That is an historical fact as well.

Look, nobody is saying that the RC Church has been perfect (at least I don't think anyone is saying that)...there were many many atrocities committed by the Crusaders in their 'zeal'. And that is by far not the only 'sins' committed by 'the Church'. To say that is not true is indefensible.

But, as far as the Crusades are concerned, honestly, the Christians didn't 'start' the problem, the non-Christians did by murdering Christian pilgrims. There is plenty of guilt to go around. But to hear it told, the innocent Turks and Muslims were set upon by the blood thirsty Christians with no provocation and that is simply not true.

No religion, no religion is free from sins of the organization....not one. Yes, many have been killed in the name of God....but does that make faith a bad thing?

For the very large part, I believe that Christianity has been the most powerful voice for good in this world....the last thing good moral people of any religion need to do is to fight among ourselves when we're being attacked on all sides - from a variety of sources...not the least of which is the media - I know that sounds a litttle wacky, but I believe it is true...it is tragically un-hip to be moral and decent and law abiding.

One of the MOST INTELLIGENT posts I have read. The MOOOOOOSLIMS!!!!!!!! caused much of the mayhem in those days. After all, they deny Jesus was GOD. Whoa to them.........

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
It seems that recently any posts involving AFC get deleted and disapear!

He was banned again for no reason at all. I don't think that is fair.

Guest Guest
He was banned again for no reason at all. I don't think that is fair.

I do not think he was banned because he was posting yesterday. But some posts that get lively and involve AFC are being removed from the board.

AFC is ceratinly a character. In fact someone stated "Is this guy for real?"

Guest Guest
I do not think he was banned because he was posting yesterday. But some posts that get lively and involve AFC are being removed from the board.

AFC is ceratinly a character. In fact someone stated "Is this guy for real?"

He was certainly banned for no reason by the mods. Apparently, he got somebody's panties in a ruffle and they whined about it.

Guest Guest
He was certainly banned for no reason by the mods. Apparently, he got somebody's panties in a ruffle and they whined about it.

He was banned once before Easter and then like a week ago when he got into a back and forth with BTK but that was only like a one day ban.

Guest Guest
was the aclu involved in afc getting banned? it seems like when someone complains against something religious, the Anti Christian Lifetstyle Union gets involved.

I think Poptart should be one of the Moderators!

Guest Guest
He was banned once before Easter and then like a week ago when he got into a back and forth with BTK but that was only like a one day ban.

Believe me, he is banned again. I know who he is.

I don't think anyone should be banned for the hell of it. They should be warned first if the TOS is violated. I also don't think it is fair that a mod enters a thread with no TOS violations and starts shooting off his mouth all the while holding bannishment over everyone's hand. It's a little cocky and arrogant.......

Guest Guest
Believe me, he is banned again. I know who he is.

I don't think anyone should be banned for the hell of it. They should be warned first if the TOS is violated. I also don't think it is fair that a mod enters a thread with no TOS violations and starts shooting off his mouth all the while holding bannishment over everyone's hand. It's a little cocky and arrogant.......

At least this Board lets unregistered guests post - and BTK is like an old west sheriff, trying to keep everyone in line.

Guest Guest
At least this Board lets unregistered guests post - and BTK is like an old west sheriff, trying to keep everyone in line.

No, BTK is like an outlaw sheriff who puts people into jail for no reason at all, just because he can.

Guest Guest
why is that?

Because you seem to be on here a lot - know most everybody (you were going to write the screenplay for BCVoive the movie). And I think currently get along with Ed A.

Guest Guest

i am so sick of religous wack jobs. Do you believe in magic.... then how could you believe in god. If all the things were true about what jesus did i think there would be much more evidence than just a bunch of fairytales in a bible. Also apparently you havent been to a school lately to see what kind of kids are in it. Think about it... a bunch of really poor dirt balls would be alot more common if abortions were illegal

Guest Guest
i am so sick of religous wack jobs. Do you believe in magic.... then how could you believe in god. If all the things were true about what jesus did i think there would be much more evidence than just a bunch of fairytales in a bible. Also apparently you havent been to a school lately to see what kind of kids are in it. Think about it... a bunch of really poor dirt balls would be alot more common if abortions were illegal

A man named Jesus of Nazereth was hung on a tree (crucified) according to the records of the Romans in Jerusalem. His movement called "The Way" was begun and many peresuctions happened. These are not fairy tales. The apostles were the foundations of the Catholic Church. There is certainly a history, not just a bible.

Also, Jerusalem was sacked and burned by the Romans in 70 AD destroying many records besides the ones we have.

so you don't believe in the bible...but you believe in what scientists tell you about the earth? no matter what you believe in it comes down to faith. either you believe in God and his teachings or you beleive in what the scientific community teaches you. but the bottom line is no one alive today was there to witness history whether it is biblical, historical or scientific. And since no one was alive then, it is all based on faith and what you believe to be true. I do believe in God and his teachings. He has taught me to love one another and how to treat others. He taught me how to believe in him and he will take care of me. he taught me that he gave me free will to decide if i want to be with him or choose another path.

in the end, there is only one answer. I do not know the answer. but i do know that if God is the answer, then I will have chosen correctly and will be rewarded for my faith. if i chose wrong and God is a myth, then i have lived my life full of love and compassion and then i get thrown into the ground, but maybe i left the world a little better. See it's all about faith.

Guest Guest
so you don't believe in the bible...but you believe in what scientists tell you about the earth? no matter what you believe in it comes down to faith. either you believe in God and his teachings or you beleive in what the scientific community teaches you. but the bottom line is no one alive today was there to witness history whether it is biblical, historical or scientific. And since no one was alive then, it is all based on faith and what you believe to be true. I do believe in God and his teachings. He has taught me to love one another and how to treat others. He taught me how to believe in him and he will take care of me. he taught me that he gave me free will to decide if i want to be with him or choose another path.

in the end, there is only one answer. I do not know the answer. but i do know that if God is the answer, then I will have chosen correctly and will be rewarded for my faith. if i chose wrong and God is a myth, then i have lived my life full of love and compassion and then i get thrown into the ground, but maybe i left the world a little better. See it's all about faith.

Then why don't you believe in what Jesus told you about His Sacraments as well as His Church? You think it is just about feelings and helping your neighbor? :o

Because you seem to be on here a lot - know most everybody (you were going to write the screenplay for BCVoive the movie). And I think currently get along with Ed A.

That is very kind, thank you. yes i do get a long with ed at the moment. but i don't hold back, if i disagree with someone, i will state it. but i am also able to look at both sides of an issue and make decisions and if i don't agree with someone i will agree to disagree. I would like to be a mod here. (Billy are you reading this?????) but the mods do a good job and they don't need my help. say what you want about them but they do an outstanding job.

@

Archived