And the killing goes on.......

A Faithful Catholic

No, I reread my post and decided to add that in. I did not want to misconstrue that I think muslims are any better than catholics.

Who raped and murdered the pilgrims to the Holy Land? It wasn't the Catholics!

They're both part of the problem.

The Crusades started because of the cut throating Muslims were raping and murdering the pilgrims to the Holy Land. Muslims brought the Crusades on themselves.

However, you cannot deny history that the pope initiated the crusades,

He rightfully did. In total self defense of the PILGRIMS.

with the foolish promise that the sins of the crusaders would be forgiven.

You obviously don't know scripture. I will teach you if you would like to know.

That foolishness led to nearly two hundred years of murder, plundering, and despicable atrocities... all in the name of God.

Blame the mooslims for that! I feel very little remorse for the Crusades. You are certainly WASTING your time with me bringing up the CRUSADES.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One good thing about the Catholic Church is that they teach morality in Suday School. The difference between what is Right and what is Wrong. What sin is. In this day and age many young people seem to have a major lack of ubderstanding of these principles.

You don't need Sunday School to teach you what a sin is. All you need to do is open the Bible and it is clearly spelled out what sin is. Unfortunately, many young people have a misunderstanding of the principles in the Bible because they don't read the Bible.

TWS

You don't need Sunday School to teach you what a sin is. All you need to do is open the Bible and it is clearly spelled out what sin is. Unfortunately, many young people have a misunderstanding of the principles in the Bible because they don't read the Bible.

TWS

Without the GLORIOUS Eucharist, as well as the rest of the SACRAMENTS, you don't have much.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Who raped and murdered the pilgrims to the Holy Land? It wasn't the Catholics!

The Crusades started because of the cut throating Muslims were raping and murdering the pilgrims to the Holy Land. Muslims brought the Crusades on themselves.

He rightfully did. In total self defense of the PILGRIMS.

You obviously don't know scripture. I will teach you if you would like to know.

Blame the mooslims for that! I feel very little remorse for the Crusades. You are certainly WASTING your time with me bringing up the CRUSADES.

What about the catholics killing the Jews? What about the catholics killing the pagans? What about the catholics killing Greek and Russian Orthodox Christians? None of them raped your precious pilgrims. You obviously don't know history, and only know the perverted half-truths that are spoon fed to you by your religion. The catholics are not blameless, even your pope John Paul II apologized (admitting the church was wrong *gasp*) for the killing and plundering of Constantinople. Although your wonderful holy church didn't return the priceless relics that they wrongfully sacked -- they're still locked away in the Vatican.

What about the catholics killing the Jews? What about the catholics killing the pagans? What about the catholics killing Greek and Russian Orthodox Christians?

The Catholics didn't kill anybody as YOU think.

None of them raped your precious pilgrims.

Translation: You were defeated. The Jews and the Muslims tried to bring down the CC in Spain. They had their rear ends handed to them by QUEEN ISABELLA, rightfully so.

You obviously don't know history, and only know the perverted half-truths that are spoon fed to you by your religion.

Nope. I read history al on my own.

The catholics are not blameless, even your pope John Paul II apologized (admitting the church was wrong *gasp*) for the killing and plundering of Constantinople.

The Pope at the time knew NOTHING about the sacking until AFTER it happened. That has been proven. When you have an army coming to defend YOU I suggest you don't slam the door in their face. That is not very prudent.

Although your wonderful holy church didn't return the priceless relics that they wrongfully sacked -- they're still locked away in the Vatican.

The Church is HOLY in it's DOCTRINE and DOGMA, not the PEOPLE. Learn history will ya?

Guest BC Voice of Reason
The Catholics didn't kill anybody as YOU think.

Translation: You were defeated. The Jews and the Muslims tried to bring down the CC in Spain. They had their rear ends handed to them by QUEEN ISABELLA, rightfully so.

Nope. I read history al on my own.

The Pope at the time knew NOTHING about the sacking until AFTER it happened. That has been proven. When you have an army coming to defend YOU I suggest you don't slam the door in their face. That is not very prudent.

The Church is HOLY in it's DOCTRINE and DOGMA, not the PEOPLE. Learn history will ya?

The pope sure did like the loot they brought back, didn't he? The pope knew nothing. :lol: Sure, he didn't. I got a cathedral in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. The catholic crusaders killed a lot of people, just like the muslims (or as you so disparagingly refer to them, the "mooslims" -- anyone else see the trend? "prots", "mooslims"...) killed a lot of people all in the name of the same God.

The pope sure did like the loot they brought back, didn't he? The pope knew nothing. :lol: Sure, he didn't. I got a cathedral in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

It has ALREADy be proven that the POPE had NO IDEA what happened until AFTER the fact. Loot? What loot?

The catholic crusaders killed a lot of people, just like the muslims (or as you so disparagingly refer to them, the "mooslims" -- anyone else see the trend? "prots", "mooslims"...) killed a lot of people all in the name of the same God.

Killing in self defense is not a violation of the Commandments. The muslims were murderers to begin with. History proves this out over and over again.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
It has ALREADy be proven that the POPE had NO IDEA what happened until AFTER the fact. Loot? What loot?

Killing in self defense is not a violation of the Commandments. The muslims were murderers to begin with. History proves this out over and over again.

What loot?! Wow, I suggest you read some unbiased history books. Boatloads and boatloads of gold, silver, jewels, artwork, and holy relics were taken from the cities they sacked. You can plainly see evidence of this with the Four Horses of Saint Mark at the Basilica in Venice. Those were originally at the Hippodrome in Constantinople until they were plundered by the crusaders and sent back to the church as spoils of their holy war.

THOU SHALL NOT KILL. I don't remember seeing a footnote that said anything about self defense. And how exactly is it "self defense" if the crusaders left Europe on the offense and stormed through the Middle East? You might as well just stop, you're only proving what a brainwashed nitwit you really are.

What loot?! Wow, I suggest you read some unbiased history books. Boatloads and boatloads of gold, silver, jewels, artwork, and holy relics were taken from the cities they sacked.

Cities? It was just Constantinople. Besides the CC and the Orthodox Churches are closer than ever to being ONE AGAIN. Read the news for once.

You can plainly see evidence of this with the Four Horses of Saint Mark at the Basilica in Venice. Those were originally at the Hippodrome in Constantinople until they were plundered by the crusaders and sent back to the church as spoils of their holy war.

Prove it. Besides, the ORTHODOX CHURCH is only a small step away from the CC!!!!

THOU SHALL NOT KILL. I don't remember seeing a footnote that said anything about self defense.

I suggest you read the ENTIRE scripture. You lack much in understanding. :o

And how exactly is it "self defense" if the crusaders left Europe on the offense and stormed through the Middle East? You might as well just stop, you're only proving what a brainwashed nitwit you really are.

The ONLY nitwit on this board is YOU. The reason why the ENTIRE CRUSADES happened is because of the murdering mooooooslims. The crusaders should have chased them to the ends of the earth!!!!!!! After all, they never acknowledge Jesus Christ as anything more than a mere prophet! :blink:

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Cities? It was just Constantinople. Besides the CC and the Orthodox Churches are closer than ever to being ONE AGAIN. Read the news for once.

Prove it. Besides, the ORTHODOX CHURCH is only a small step away from the CC!!!!

I suggest you read the ENTIRE scripture. You lack much in understanding. :o

The ONLY nitwit on this board is YOU. The reason why the ENTIRE CRUSADES happened is because of the murdering mooooooslims. The crusaders should have chased them to the ends of the earth!!!!!!! After all, they never acknowledge Jesus Christ as anything more than a mere prophet! :blink:

You're cracking.

You're forgetting Jerusalem, Tyre, Acre, Lajazzo, and those are just the big ones. You make it sound like sacking of Constantinople was justified. They're almost Catholic. How does that even matter? It should make it WORSE. These weren't the murderous "mooslims", these were Christians. The crusaders stole from them, raped them, and killed them!

I find it downright hilarious that you're asking me to prove something. See the irony, 'faithful' catholic? How much of your religion can you prove? As for the Four Horses of Saint Mark, Arch of Trajan, here's all the proof you need: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_of_Saint_Mark

So the murdering "mooslims" are the whole reason the catholic crusaders killed the Greek orthodox Christians? :huh: Now there's some fuzzy logic.

You're cracking.

NOPE.

You're forgetting Jerusalem, Tyre, Acre, Lajazzo, and those are just the big ones. You make it sound like sacking of Constantinople was justified. They're almost Catholic. How does that even matter? It should make it WORSE. These weren't the murderous "mooslims", these were Christians. The crusaders stole from them, raped them, and killed them!

...and you think they were all under the Pope? Who sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD?

I find it downright hilarious that you're asking me to prove something. See the irony, 'faithful' catholic? How much of your religion can you prove? As for the Four Horses of Saint Mark, Arch of Trajan, here's all the proof you need: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_of_Saint_Mark

You have no idea what the time frame was like.

So the murdering "mooslims" are the whole reason the catholic crusaders killed the Greek orthodox Christians? :huh: Now there's some fuzzy logic.

The Pope had no idea that the ground commanders were doing what they were doing.

The CC is PERFECT in terms of DOCTRINE and DOGMA. PERFECT and cannot be assailed. The people are not perfect. WAKE UP.

"You say so"

And of course, as soon as he found out he was so horrified that he sent his armies back to return the stolen items ... didn't he!

"You say so"

And of course, as soon as he found out he was so horrified that he sent his armies back to return the stolen items ... didn't he!

It is a PROVEN fact that he had NO IDEA what was going on until way after the fact. The CC and the Orthodox are so close now.....it is only a matter of time before both become one again. That cannot be said for the prideful prots. full of their errors.

It is a PROVEN fact that he had NO IDEA what was going on until way after the fact. The CC and the Orthodox are so close now.....it is only a matter of time before both become one again. That cannot be said for the prideful prots. full of their errors.

Childish, 'A Faithful Catholic'.

It is a PROVEN fact

How and by whom has it been proven?

Guest BC Voice of Reason
NOPE.

...and you think they were all under the Pope? Who sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD?

You have no idea what the time frame was like.

The Pope had no idea that the ground commanders were doing what they were doing.

The CC is PERFECT in terms of DOCTRINE and DOGMA. PERFECT and cannot be assailed. The people are not perfect. WAKE UP.

So I guess in your perverted view of history two wrongs do make a right. How's it feel knowing that your holiest cathedrals are lined with ill-gotten spoils that were gained by breaking several of God's commandments?

So I guess in your perverted view of history two wrongs do make a right.

Blame the cut throaters for the crusades.

How's it feel knowing that your holiest cathedrals are lined with ill-gotten spoils that were gained by breaking several of God's commandments?

I'm Catholic because of the Doctrines and Dogmas of the CC and not the HUMANS!!!! :blink::angry: :angry: :blink::angry::blink::angry: Apparently, you haven't figured that out yet...... :blink:

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Blame the cut throaters for the crusades.

I'm Catholic because of the Doctrines and Dogmas of the CC and not the HUMANS!!!! :blink::angry: :angry: :blink::angry::blink::angry: Apparently, you haven't figured that out yet...... :blink:

Apparently, you haven't figured out who penned your doctrine in the first place.

My karma just ran over your dogma. Pleasant dreams. :lol:

The Sacraments and Mass were penned by the LORD Himself.

Didn't you assert that there was no Bible until after Christ's time on Earth?

Besides, is there any historical record of the personal writing skills of Jesus?

Maybe Jesus had a holy Ghost Writer??

Whoa you two. It is a fact that when the Muslims DID 'start' the trouble in the middle east when they began 'harassing' the Christian pilgrims. I looked at several sites and yes, that is what happened. "Harassing' doesn't mean calling them bad names either, it means murdering Christian pilgrims.

Originally, the Crusaders WERE sent to protect these pilgrims. That is an historical fact as well.

Look, nobody is saying that the RC Church has been perfect (at least I don't think anyone is saying that)...there were many many atrocities committed by the Crusaders in their 'zeal'. And that is by far not the only 'sins' committed by 'the Church'. To say that is not true is indefensible.

But, as far as the Crusades are concerned, honestly, the Christians didn't 'start' the problem, the non-Christians did by murdering Christian pilgrims. There is plenty of guilt to go around. But to hear it told, the innocent Turks and Muslims were set upon by the blood thirsty Christians with no provocation and that is simply not true.

No religion, no religion is free from sins of the organization....not one. Yes, many have been killed in the name of God....but does that make faith a bad thing?

For the very large part, I believe that Christianity has been the most powerful voice for good in this world....the last thing good moral people of any religion need to do is to fight among ourselves when we're being attacked on all sides - from a variety of sources...not the least of which is the media - I know that sounds a litttle wacky, but I believe it is true...it is tragically un-hip to be moral and decent and law abiding.

Archived