Ryan yells at developer at meeting????

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Reports have it that Binghamton Mayor Matthew T. Ryan lost his temper again and yelled at Binghamton Plaza owners who were kind enough to show up in front of the Neighorhod Assembly meeting about the still missing North Side Grocery.

Is this true?

If so I guess we understand now why all the deals Ryan tries to negotiate, like with the Regency Hotel owners and the O'Neil Building owners, turn out so badly.

Great business development tactic, yell at the people you need to get the job done.

Guest Guest

yup, true I just saw it on Time Warner News10Now. He was yelling at them.

Then he tries to tell the reporters how much proift the owners shoud be allowed to make.

This guy is such a hypocxrite.

Can Ryan explain why he needs a 67% increase in water rates to make an additional $2,000,000 per year when the "deficit" is only $300,000?

Isn't that profit excessive as well?

Guest Guest

LMAO -- Figures.....

Bet it was a good meeting...business as usual, nothing gets done.

Those who attended should have spent their time a little more wisely by attenting the one at the Legion. At least there was no yelling, and for a first meeting, DIRECTION WAS SET as to which way to go. Not like Ryan and his band of FLOOIES :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

@

This video doesn't have the Mayor yelling at the developer (although that certainly could be what happened right before the video starts).

These Galesis, they were all for getting the City to invest in the Riverwalk, but now they don't want to do something to make the Plaza less vacant? Just another absentee landlord pulling our City down.

Guest Guest

Well the owners of the Binghamton Plaza were right, and it's been said here many a times. The whole area is run down, including Country Towne Apartments, where Marshell lives ( she was the BIG lady with her head hung low in the video ).

Matty Ryan and Follies have a lot of nerve, getting in the face of a owner and TAX payer in Binghamton. More so because the Binghamton Plaza does indeed sit on the old city dump. Someone made a commet to that fact in a post I read yesterday. So today while at City Hall, I went and checked into it to see if that person was right or not. Sure enough, Binghamton Plaza and part of the Stow Plaza ( store is big something or other and NAPA Auto Parts is there) is nothing but a DUMP site.

LMAO

No wonder theres not market there. Health department would not allow it.

Besides, ever been to the "Showcase" Flea Market in the fall and spring when Jimay's is closed. The roof leaks, just like turning the water on in your kitchen sink.

What a JOKE.

Screw the North Side Matty, there are more important issues ---> LIKE THE DELETED WATER RATE INCREASE AND THE MONEY YOU SPENT THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO COVER THOSE EXPENSES FROM TEH COUNTY! Face it Matty and Follies, Get out now before you turn this entire city into a DUMP !!!!!

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::(:(:(:(

Guest Guest
This video doesn't have the Mayor yelling at the developer (although that certainly could be what happened right before the video starts).

These Galesis, they were all for getting the City to invest in the Riverwalk, but now they don't want to do something to make the Plaza less vacant? Just another absentee landlord pulling our City down.

yes it does. as the video starts you can hear the mayor, YELLING, like a crazy loon! Now I don't know who he yelling at

@

Guest Guest
Well the owners of the Binghamton Plaza were right, and it's been said here many a times. The whole area is run down, including Country Towne Apartments, where Marshell lives ( she was the BIG lady with her head hung low in the video ).

Matty Ryan and Follies have a lot of nerve, getting in the face of a owner and TAX payer in Binghamton. More so because the Binghamton Plaza does indeed sit on the old city dump. Someone made a commet to that fact in a post I read yesterday. So today while at City Hall, I went and checked into it to see if that person was right or not. Sure enough, Binghamton Plaza and part of the Stow Plaza ( store is big something or other and NAPA Auto Parts is there) is nothing but a DUMP site.

LMAO

No wonder theres not market there. Health department would not allow it.

Besides, ever been to the "Showcase" Flea Market in the fall and spring when Jimay's is closed. The roof leaks, just like turning the water on in your kitchen sink.

What a JOKE.

Screw the North Side Matty, there are more important issues ---> LIKE THE DELETED WATER RATE INCREASE AND THE MONEY YOU SPENT THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO COVER THOSE EXPENSES FROM TEH COUNTY! Face it Matty and Follies, Get out now before you turn this entire city into a DUMP !!!!!

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::(:(:(:(

It's no secret that the plaza was built over the old city dump.

I knew that a few years after it was built and the parking lot started sinking a foot or more in spots.

Guest Guest

What is stopping the people who want a market in the Binghamton Plaza, from investing their own money and opening one up? If it is such a great location they should make money faster than they can count it.

Personally, I wouldn't risk my capital in that neighborhood.

Guest Guest
What is stopping the people who want a market in the Binghamton Plaza, from investing their own money and opening one up? If it is such a great location they should make money faster than they can count it.

Can you just imagine the overhead you'd need for a security anti-shoplifting staff? That alone would eat up all your profits.

Guest knott ed

I remember just before Ryan took office he interviewed with the P&SB. He indicated within the first 6 months of his administration he would have a market on the Northside. That was his big goal...he wanted something tangible and that is what he had come up with. I remember thinking at the time how ridiculous his goals were for his early administration...a freakin' grocery store was his top priority!

Now look. He can't even get that done. Perhaps a new committee should be formed.

Guest Guest

What 's stopping them ? You got to be kdding right ?

The people who are pushing for this are either WELFARE or old fat ladies who would rather feed their face with potato chips and make themselves out to be something they are not ! They don't have the funds to even come close so they get together with Matty Ryan and Follies and make it look like they are doing something.

I would be ashamed to show my face on camera, little alone just showing up for a meeting like that. When the Mayor of Binghamton starts to yell at a PORPERTY OWNER and telling the PROPERTY OWNER that pays taxes he is charging to much, it's time for a change in the Mayor's Office. Great way to show your looking for improving the City.

And then you have the Mary Clark's and Citizen Action group. What is it they do anyway ? I have yet to figure that out. Just another bunch of "wanta-bee's" that have no clue !

:(:(:(:(:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol:

@

Guest City Tax payer

OK. Let's review once again for Mayor Ryan, Mary Clark, Merry Harris, Jim Dessauer, Tarik Abdelazim, Daphne Gathers, etal. In the early 1980s, while most if not all of you were living somewhere else or traveling through Europe in an attempt to find yourself, we, the City of Binghamton, under then Mayor Juanita Crabb, attempted to buck the basic principles of marketing by developing a grocery store in the low income section of the first ward. Then, as now, it was the same old story of government responding to the "crime" of the poor not being served as a result of corporate greed, etc, etc.

Well, millions (yes millions) of precious tax dollars were spent on the relocation of tenants & business, the acquisitions of properties, the demolition of structures, and the construction of a grocery store. Guess what's there now? I'll tell you what's not there: a grocery store.

Come back to earth and start picking up the garbage, plowing the streets in winter, fixing pot holes, and providing basic services to the citizens of this city who are paying you to do it. This administration was not elected by even close to a majority of voters and consequently, it should not be construed as a mandate to waste tax dollars for your feel good revolutionary nonsense. You are blowing it.

Guest Guest
OK. Let's review once again for Mayor Ryan, Mary Clark, Merry Harris, Jim Dessauer, Tarik Abdelazim, Daphne Gathers, etal. In the early 1980s, while most if not all of you were living somewhere else or traveling through Europe in an attempt to find yourself, we, the City of Binghamton, under then Mayor Juanita Crabb, attempted to buck the basic principles of marketing by developing a grocery store in the low income section of the first ward. Then, as now, it was the same old story of government responding to the "crime" of the poor not being served as a result of corporate greed, etc, etc.

Well, millions (yes millions) of precious tax dollars were spent on the relocation of tenants & business, the acquisitions of properties, the demolition of structures, and the construction of a grocery store. Guess what's there now? I'll tell you what's not there: a grocery store.

Come back to earth and start picking up the garbage, plowing the streets in winter, fixing pot holes, and providing basic services to the citizens of this city who are paying you to do it. This administration was not elected by even close to a majority of voters and consequently, it should not be construed as a mandate to waste tax dollars for your feel good revolutionary nonsense. You are blowing it.

Agreed.

There isn't anyone on the planet who can convince me that there isn't a company or entrepeneur somewhere who's letting a grocery gold mine go untapped.

If there were real money to made in a grocery store in the BP, someone would be doing it.

Mike Acquisto was the last one to have a grocery store in that neighborhood. He left town. Obviously he wasn't raking in big bucks at the old North Side market location.

If someone thought they could make a good profit in that location, they'd open a store.

How about these welfare layabouts get off their dead a###es and organize a freakin grocery collective??? Why should someone else take the risk of an investment just to service them? If no one steps up to offer the service, make it yourself, you lazy DELETED .

@

Guest Guest
Then who is running Acquisto's on Upper Court St?

@

Not sure, but probably his Dad.

He, too, was in the grocery biz for years. I haven't seen or heard about Frank in a long time, and he's got to be getting up there in age to a time when most people retire.

Years ago I was at his place in Harpursville. It was basically a Butler Building on a slab and he sold a lot of dented canned goods for real cheap.

I don't know if he's even still there. Maybe some BCVer can tell us.

The last time I talked to Mike was not long after he closed down his bar on Henry St. after the kid got killed. He told me he was moving to Texas.

Guest guest

Matt Ryan you are such an arss hole someone needs to take you down and get a mayor that can do something and does not need to be in a straight jacket.

Guest Guest

Just got back from Wegmans there wasent a parking spot to be had, waited for a place to park the store was mobbed! Wegman should open a store where stow is that will take care of akel for sure! and give the north side the relief it needs.

LOOK WE ALL KNOW RYAN IS A LIER HES PROVEN THAT MANY TIMES BUT WE HAVE NO WAY TO GET RID OF THIS DEAD BEAT UNTIL HIS TURM RUNS OUT OR WE FIND SOME SKELETON IN HIS CLOSET.

Guest not a friend of the Mayor
Can you just imagine the overhead you'd need for a security anti-shoplifting staff? That alone would eat up all your profits.

But this was a drunken Alec Baldwin screaming at his daughter - not the drunken Mayor of Binghamton.

Archived