Pick a song...any song

Guest Guest

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Sheepless, I have a dream...that one day little children and their parents will not be forced to pay for actions taken well over 150 years ago of which they had not part, that they will not be robbed of their heritage and history, that they will not be taxed to support for the immoral acts of others, that they will not be held back in school, that they will not be passed over for jobs, that they will not not be penalized for the color of their white skin, but will be allowed to socialize, live, work, attend school, and associate with those with whom they so choose. That the government will not force upon them the yoke of "white guilt" coupled with the rapes, murders, and crime perpetrated upon them by groups with which they have no desire to be around. Your buddy N

Hey Sheepless, I have a dream...that one day little children and their parents will not be forced to pay for actions taken well over 150 years ago of which they had not part, that they will not be robbed of their heritage and history, that they will not be taxed to support for the immoral acts of others, that they will not be held back in school, that they will not be passed over for jobs, that they will not not be penalized for the color of their white skin, but will be allowed to socialize, live, work, attend school, and associate with those with whom they so choose. That the government will not force upon them the yoke of "white guilt" coupled with the rapes, murders, and crime perpetrated upon them by groups with which they have no desire to be around. Your buddy N

Hey Negrodamus....it's been awhile. As usual, your post contains several good points, but life continues to be a "two way street" !

It's got to be one of the many favorites by the king of pop Michael Jackson, my vote is torn between either his remake of the Englebert classic "Re-grease Me And Let Me Love Again" or his tear jerker remake of the Elton John Classic " Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me" I find both of them to be extremely moving.... bowel moving!

I had never heard this particular version of the Bonnie Dobson-penned classic Morning Dew until Wednesday, but I freaking love it. Damn near obsessed with the instrumentation. Two of the members of this group (song recorded in 1965), later joined the Allman Brothers, which explains a lot of the images in this video.

Followers of the Grateful Dead and Jeff Beck will recognize the tune.

Edit: reading up on it more, I guess Greg and Duane are both in on this session, and it IS Greg on lead vocals. Apparently it's a rarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_tGAWZaAXo

Archived