Why aren't straight men more like gay men?

Guest Jen

The diffference is astounding. Most young Gay men dress beautifully, no tattoos,great haircuts, smell devine,wonderful footwear,latest trends, great cars,know much about wine and food,well educated, good jobs,and can carry on a conversation this having nothing to do with their committment, just friend to friend of the opposite sex.. I speak from the differences and how sad it isn't that way with straight men, the caring part of ones appearance and intelligence.

Here we have the straight, overweight, beer guts,slovenly dressed unkempt,tattoos from top to bottom,of course not all, but much to many, especially young guys in their 30's and 40's already out of shape, guess thats what happens when you're addicted to TV and fast food!

Wish it was the other way around, just look at the way guys dress in the mall, even in the better restaurants no less, no different don't even know enough to take off their baseball caps inside, it truly is disgusting to see how guys go out on a date.

How have we arrived and accepted this unkempt appearance and thinking it's OK?

Guest Guest

What concerns me more is how people like you can totally mangle something as simple as the English language.

The first paragraph of your post is completely unreadable.

Guest Post 911
The diffference is astounding. Most young Gay men dress beautifully, no tattoos,great haircuts, smell devine,wonderful footwear,latest trends, great cars,know much about wine and food,well educated, good jobs,and can carry on a conversation this having nothing to do with their committment, just friend to friend of the opposite sex.. I speak from the differences and how sad it isn't that way with straight men, the caring part of ones appearance and intelligence.

Here we have the straight, overweight, beer guts,slovenly dressed unkempt,tattoos from top to bottom,of course not all, but much to many, especially young guys in their 30's and 40's already out of shape, guess thats what happens when you're addicted to TV and fast food!

Wish it was the other way around, just look at the way guys dress in the mall, even in the better restaurants no less, no different don't even know enough to take off their baseball caps inside, it truly is disgusting to see how guys go out on a date.

You're apparently not paying attention to the type of guys you want to see. Remember it's not always the people around you, it probably is you. The straight guys you want to see don't always have sex appeal. The overall problem is we focus in on appearance (which I am guilty of) both male and female and ignore the so called "ugly" and forget about what's on the inside. Take a closer look the next time you're out and don't always pay all of your attention on a pretty face. Get out of the comfort zone and talk to guys you normally wouldn't.

Guest Guest
You're apparently not paying attention to the type of guys you want to see. Remember it's not always the people around you, it probably is you. The straight guys you want to see don't always have sex appeal. The overall problem is we focus in on appearance (which I am guilty of) both male and female and ignore the so called "ugly" and forget about what's on the inside. Take a closer look the next time you're out and don't always pay all of your attention on a pretty face. Get out of the comfort zone and talk to guys you normally wouldn't.

C'mon. You're expecting a woman to not act like a woman.

Guest whadda you like 12?
C'mon. You're expecting a woman to not act like a woman.

No, but some of her questions would be answered. I don't care what anyone does, I'm just saying if you don't make a bold move you will always be stuck with questions. I suggested to make a bold move, not drop everything and change up!

@

"Most young Gay men dress beautifully, no tattoos,great haircuts, smell devine,wonderful footwear,latest trends, great cars,know much about wine and food,well educated, good jobs,and can carry on a conversation this having nothing to do with their committment"

May I just say that you have described the "perfect" woman for a straight man - maybe this is why a gay man is attractive to the same sex - I have alot of gay friends and they are some of the best "girlfriends" and gossip buddies I know - these qualities can be held by man or woman - making a man with these qualities just as attractive as a woman with them I suppose....

@

Guest Guest

I know a couple of hetero single men who fit your description. Nicely dressed, well kempt, no tats, good cars, good jobs, etc.

I also know a few "Marlboro Man", leather wearing, "devil may care" bad-boy type men.

Guess which ones get more women?

I won't even wait for your answer. Why, then, would men bother to look clean, tidy and neat for most women?

I know a couple of hetero single men who fit your description. Nicely dressed, well kempt, no tats, good cars, good jobs, etc.

I also know a few "Marlboro Man", leather wearing, "devil may care" bad-boy type men.

Guess which ones get more women?

I won't even wait for your answer. Why, then, would men bother to look clean, tidy and neat for most women?

Because only a few like men like that.........

Guest Guest

I would suggest that the problem isn't if a man is gay or not at all.

The issue is that real men who are ambitious, with good careers and confidence - who are the type of men you are looking for - are frankly moving out of Binghamton. They don't want to settle for Binghamton salaries, or the limitations they feel imposed on them by staying in town.

They feel exactly the same way you do about the dating scene. They are asking why women don't take care of themselves, and are making the same generalizations because they too are facing the same problems.

The way to solve this is to change your circle of friends. Join some clubs or organizations. Start attending some various meetings or social activities outside your comfort area or challenge yourselves in new ways. You are bound to meet the type of person you are looking for eventually.

Good luck.

Guest Guest

I don`t have a "great car" or "wonderful footwear".....I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS TO FEED AND CLOTH....Something your limp wristed rump rompers know nothing about...........

Guest Mammy

Legible? Is that the word you meant to post, huh?

I'm married and much, much older than the rest of those online.

It's what I see, it's what has happened to self esteem,pride and proper atttire,yes, to make a good impression especially in public.

Is that just gone, not important? Well hear this, you are judged by the way you look, yesterday and today.

The Dad with all the family and bills, what does that have to do with dignity and self respect and a big gut and attire?

As for the Marlboro man, always drawn to real men, but for some reason those on here think they are to be less than, oh, so not true.

Listen up, a guy with any background, who presents himself as a real man,respecting himself and not looking like a SLUG is so appreciated and the heads turn.This has nothing to do with picking up, hooking up or affairs, the real men don't cheat, but Oh how so many women wish they did.

That is what I hear around the water cooler, the guys that don't are the ones that get the attention,the others anyone can have who needs them!

Guest Guest
Legible? Is that the word you meant to post, huh?

I'm married and much, much older than the rest of those online.

It's what I see, it's what has happened to self esteem,pride and proper atttire,yes, to make a good impression especially in public.

Is that just gone, not important? Well hear this, you are judged by the way you look, yesterday and today.

The Dad with all the family and bills, what does that have to do with dignity and self respect and a big gut and attire?

As for the Marlboro man, always drawn to real men, but for some reason those on here think they are to be less than, oh, so not true.

Listen up, a guy with any background, who presents himself as a real man,respecting himself and not looking like a SLUG is so appreciated and the heads turn.This has nothing to do with picking up, hooking up or affairs, the real men don't cheat, but Oh how so many women wish they did.

That is what I hear around the water cooler, the guys that don't are the ones that get the attention,the others anyone can have who needs them!

You write horribly.

Reading your posts is torture.

Guest Patty

Marlboro is the same as rugged. Guys on construction are Marlboro men, guys as Firemen are Malboro men. Any guy who is built, no hangin gut is a hunk and rugged to boot.

They polish up nicely and look great in clothes. Now that's a guy! Not to many guys can ever be a Marlboro guy they haven't what it takes,to many Burger Kings huh?

Archived