Fastest boys ever from Section 4

Guest green97

Agree, the kid probably thinks Jordan Thomas is the only fast kid to come out of the area. Its unfortunate we have uneducated young punks spouting-off at the mouth and thinking they know everything.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greybeard

In his prime and on a decent track, Adley Raboy from ME would beat Shields and Jordan Thomas. Even Nate Kofira from ME and Jason Morris from Norwich beat Shields a couple times in the 100 and Sean Van Gorder from ME was faster than Shields till about the 40 meter mark. I'd say Jordan Thomas was a bit faster than Shields in the 100, but not by much. Kofira and Morris were just as fast as Shields, any of them could win on any given day, etc. Stephens from ME had wheels too and he was just a couple steps behind Thomas. The Norris kids from UE were fast, but never saw them in a sprint. Don't know Christie? Wasn't there some kid from Binghamton high school that was real fast around 1996-97....

Lets clear some things up here:

To the idiot that has no idea of the timeline, Jarvis Shields ran before Mike Chrystie and he never help the Section Record..

Here's the Official timeline of the Sect 4 100 record since 1983

1983/84- Chris Coleman- Vestal

2000/01- Mike Chrystie- Oxford

2009/10- Jordan Thomas- UE

Thats all there has been in the 25+ years of all weather tracks from asphalt to the great new surfaces, 3 guys have held the record in the whole time so the arguments of all the Norris Boys (Coleman beat them), Shields (never set a record except UE school which is gone) and all the others are done. Coleman was an elite sprinter, its how he made it to an Olympic level in Bobsled, Chrystie did all of his training without a track very scary to think what he might have done, Thomas is the fastest we have seen the clock does not lie.

As for runners like Bob Campbell, Adley Raboy etc from previous generations sorry but they don't compare. Just like Usain Bolt is the fastest in the history of the world now, beyond Jesse Owens, Bob Hayes, Carl Lewis, Ben Johnson etc. Those guys were fast and the best things ever but its just evolution the current record holders are the faster people.

Lets clear some things up here:

To the idiot that has no idea of the timeline, Jarvis Shields ran before Mike Chrystie and he never help the Section Record..

Here's the Official timeline of the Sect 4 100 record since 1983

1983/84- Chris Coleman- Vestal

2000/01- Mike Chrystie- Oxford

2009/10- Jordan Thomas- UE

Thats all there has been in the 25+ years of all weather tracks from asphalt to the great new surfaces, 3 guys have held the record in the whole time so the arguments of all the Norris Boys (Coleman beat them), Shields (never set a record except UE school which is gone) and all the others are done. Coleman was an elite sprinter, its how he made it to an Olympic level in Bobsled, Chrystie did all of his training without a track very scary to think what he might have done, Thomas is the fastest we have seen the clock does not lie.

As for runners like Bob Campbell, Adley Raboy etc from previous generations sorry but they don't compare. Just like Usain Bolt is the fastest in the history of the world now, beyond Jesse Owens, Bob Hayes, Carl Lewis, Ben Johnson etc. Those guys were fast and the best things ever but its just evolution the current record holders are the faster people.

Bob Campbell was fast, but he wasn’t a burner. More of an all-round athlete type. He won the overall state championship in the high jump without training seriously. That may have been the state record at the time.

Agree, the kid probably thinks Jordan Thomas is the only fast kid to come out of the area. Its unfortunate we have uneducated young punks spouting-off at the mouth and thinking they know everything.

First of all, don't answer your own post (you posted two times in a row agreeing with yourself). You are actually the young punk. If you look at the post before this one someone post the timeline for the 100 records. I'll take Chrystie any day of the week to beat all the people you mentioned too.

Oops, hit the add reply button too fast. One more thing, the fastest track runner I can remember is Darren Hall from Unatego (don't know if I spelled that right). Now who's the young punk?

Remember we are talking about track-speed, so fastest ever would be in no order: Coleman (Vestal), Chrystie (Oxford), Thomas (UE), Raboy (ME), and Morris (Norwich). Then there were a bunch of very fast kids that would be considered 2nd tier fastest and were multiple-sport stars like; Jarvis Shields, Jesse Stephens (ME), King Rice (Bing), Ediru Okepawho (Vestal), Nate Kofira (ME), Sean Van Gorder (ME), Norris (UE), Hall (Unatego). Not sure about other fast kids from Section 4 kids over the past 8 years or so?

LOL! What year did Hall (or I mean you) graduate? 2009?

I'm not the kid, but I can tell you he probably looked at a Sect 4 record book and pulled out the 400 M record holder-his time is from 1984 (46.99 Hall was a great runner). I saw him run and he didn't look special until the race started small guy, long black hair and once the gun went off he was awesome to watch. Country kid from the middle of nowhere take a left and he won the overall state title.

Remember we are talking about track-speed, so fastest ever would be in no order: Coleman (Vestal), Chrystie (Oxford), Thomas (UE), Raboy (ME), and Morris (Norwich). Then there were a bunch of very fast kids that would be considered 2nd tier fastest and were multiple-sport stars like; Jarvis Shields, Jesse Stephens (ME), King Rice (Bing), Ediru Okepawho (Vestal), Nate Kofira (ME), Sean Van Gorder (ME), Norris (UE), Hall (Unatego). Not sure about other fast kids from Section 4 kids over the past 8 years or so?

Rice wasn't even the fastest kid in Binghamton at the time Wendell Mack would go by him easy, possibly Middlebrooks and Coleman as well. Ediru was a better jumper than runner his triple jump record stood almost 15 years his sprinting was average. VanGorder doesn't belong in this class, Hall wasn't a sprinter in the short races he excelled over a longer distance. Which Norris are you talking about? Bobby, Carl or Paul..the latter two were fast but Bobby was clearly the fastest of them and he was below Coleman.

I'm not the kid, but I can tell you he probably looked at a Sect 4 record book and pulled out the 400 M record holder-his time is from 1984 (46.99 Hall was a great runner). I saw him run and he didn't look special until the race started small guy, long black hair and once the gun went off he was awesome to watch. Country kid from the middle of nowhere take a left and he won the overall state title.

Wrong again. I actually ran with him so I didn't have to look up any records. Saw him run a split in the Sus Relays that was low 46's. But then again, you seem to know everything about me so you must have know that...

Section IV has had alot of HS boys could run between a 4.5-4.6, very few between a 4.4-4.5, and maybe 3-4 kids below a 4.4 and in the 4.3 range. Never heard of anyone going below a 4.3.

Who has the best 40 yard dash time?

Are you being serious? Track has the luxury of having a FAT timer to see who is the fastest and you ask who has the fastest 40 time? I've heard people from our area say they know of kids that run 4.4 in the 40. The truth is NO THEY DIDN'T. Jahvid Best ran a 4.35 and CJ Spiller ran a 4.37 last year at the NFL Combines. The next best RB was 4.43. Jacoby Ford was the only WR under 4.41 running an unbelievable 4.28. So to say that there are kids around here running 4.4 is just an outright lie. My point? Unless you FAT the kids, there is no way of knowing.

Section IV has had alot of HS boys could run between a 4.5-4.6, very few between a 4.4-4.5, and maybe 3-4 kids below a 4.4 and in the 4.3 range. Never heard of anyone going below a 4.3.

Nobody from section IV runs a 4.4 or 4.3. The fastest kid in section IV football pads is Jordan Frysinger. He wasn't even the fastest kid in the section last year in indoor track! Give it a rest.

there has def been kids here that could run in the 4.4s. No question. Track sprinters, are as a whole, faster than your football analogy. Those NFL RB are fast yes, but also strong, quick, athletic, etc. But no doubt top sprinters in the area are just as fast if not faster than your NFL numbers you threw up there. A 4.4 does not mean you can play in the NFL and yes there have been at least 10-12 kids from the area that could run between a 4.4-4.5.

Are you being serious? Track has the luxury of having a FAT timer to see who is the fastest and you ask who has the fastest 40 time? I've heard people from our area say they know of kids that run 4.4 in the 40. The truth is NO THEY DIDN'T. Jahvid Best ran a 4.35 and CJ Spiller ran a 4.37 last year. The next best RB was 4.43. Jacoby Ford was the only WR under 4.41 running an unbelievable 4.28. So to say that there are kids around here running 4.4 is just an outright lie. My point? Unless you FAT the kids, there is no way of knowing.

Nobody from section IV runs a 4.4 or 4.3. The fastest kid in section IV football pads is Jordan Frysinger. He wasn't even the fastest kid in the section last year in indoor track! Give it a rest.

my point proven by you. Thanks. Track sprinters are faster than football players, for the most part. They are 2 completelybdifferent animals, stop comparing apples to oranges.

4.40, 4.41, 4.42, 4.49, 4.5....for comparison Mike Alstott a NFL FB ran a 4.61. He was big and pretty fast, but by no

means a speed burner. Yes, there have been quite a few kids running high 4.4s and in the 4.5s from Section 4 and were as fast, if not faster than many NFL players playing skill positions.

First of all, don't answer your own post (you posted two times in a row agreeing with yourself). You are actually the young punk. If you look at the post before this one someone post the timeline for the 100 records. I'll take Chrystie any day of the week to beat all the people you mentioned too.

Everybody knows that Chrysties best time was wind aided by a 25-30mph wind. If he was really so fast he would have gotten offers from better football schools then Rutgers, like Rutgers, Pitt and Syracuse were some of Jordan Thomas's choices.

Archived