Fastest boys ever from Section 4

Guest green97

Everybody knows that Chrysties best time was wind aided by a 25-30mph wind. If he was really so fast he would have gotten offers from better football schools then Rutgers, like Rutgers, Pitt and Syracuse were some of Jordan Thomas's choices.

No logic there! Very few world class sprinters make it in the NFL. Why? There are more important factors in making a top football player than speed alone. A football player with speed kills, a fast guy who can’t play football sits the bench!

I don’t want to take any shots at this Chrystie person, but maybe he wasn’t that great of a football player and the speed is the only reason he went as far as he did!

I do not believe his football opportunities have any reflection on his sprinting ability. That Raboy guy got NO FOOTBALL OFFERS and he was one of the best sprinters.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Woodhead who is in the NFL ran a 10.55 100m and his 40 times were between 4.33-4.38. Now he's super fast and quick, but there have been kids from Section 4 over the past 35 years that were almost that fast...perhaps 10.65 - 10.9 in the 100 and running 4.41s - 4.49s....

Everybody knows that Chrysties best time was wind aided by a 25-30mph wind. If he was really so fast he would have gotten offers from better football schools then Rutgers, like Rutgers, Pitt and Syracuse were some of Jordan Thomas's choices.

25 or 30 mph? Don't think so. He also consistantly ran his times. Did it at the state meet and won the Feds. Get a life. BTW, why would Rutgers , Pitt and SU offer a scholarship to a 150 pound white running back that was fast again?

there has def been kids here that could run in the 4.4s. No question. Track sprinters, are as a whole, faster than your football analogy. Those NFL RB are fast yes, but also strong, quick, athletic, etc. But no doubt top sprinters in the area are just as fast if not faster than your NFL numbers you threw up there. A 4.4 does not mean you can play in the NFL and yes there have been at least 10-12 kids from the area that could run between a 4.4-4.5.

t

Your 4.4 is really about a 4.6+. I never said a 4.4 puts you in the NFL, you did. Who are these 10-12 and where are they? Now that you brought up the NFL though, Jacoby Ford, who I mentioned earlier, reportedly ran a 10.32 100 meter in high school. He also ran a 10.21 wind aided. NOBODY from our section has ever come close. Wind aided or not. Give me a break with your fast kids from around here. I think Chrystie was the only Section IV runner to EVER win the overall or federation 100 meter dash. He ran a 10.65.

Danny Woodhead who is in the NFL ran a 10.55 100m and his 40 times were between 4.33-4.38. Now he's super fast and quick, but there have been kids from Section 4 over the past 35 years that were almost that fast...perhaps 10.65 - 10.9 in the 100 and running 4.41s - 4.49s....

He didn't run a 4.33 - 4.38 at the combines though. The timer is completely different, not time friendly. You also put your foot in you mouth by saying Woodhead ran a 10.55. You then said there have been kids that are ALMOST that fast. TWO OF THEM. Thomas and Chrystie have been the only FAT kids running 10.65. Try again.

No logic there! Very few world class sprinters make it in the NFL. Why? There are more important factors in making a top football player than speed alone. A football player with speed kills, a fast guy who can’t play football sits the bench!

I don’t want to take any shots at this Chrystie person, but maybe he wasn’t that great of a football player and the speed is the only reason he went as far as he did!

I do not believe his football opportunities have any reflection on his sprinting ability. That Raboy guy got NO FOOTBALL OFFERS and he was one of the best sprinters.

Chrystie was one of the best football players around. He was all state and was a one man team. He wasn't very big and ended up at Colgate.

He didn't run a 4.33 - 4.38 at the combines though. The timer is completely different, not time friendly. You also put your foot in you mouth by saying Woodhead ran a 10.55. You then said there have been kids that are ALMOST that fast. TWO OF THEM. Thomas and Chrystie have been the only FAT kids running 10.65. Try again.

God you are stupid and a great example of why people around here are DELETED. Take your FAT and shove it up your DELETED. How did I put my foot in my mouth you DELETED? A 10.7 - 10.9 is almost as fast as a 10.55, not as fast! I didn't say it was as fast. But, regardless of course according to you, no one from the area has ever been fast, since you are the areas sprinting expert.

[quote name='Guest' timestamp='1289266667'

OMG. Yes, you're right, there has never been any fast high school kids from Section IV. All the kids were slow as molasses, they raced the 100 m in wheelchairs and were blindfolded. Yeah, you are right, Chrystie was the only kid that was even remotely fast, because you're the president of his fanclub, with the exception of your strange

love affair with that NFL receiver you keep referencing. Yeah, no one could ever run below a 4.6 because you say so, except for chrystie of course. You're delusional.

I know of at least 5 kids from Section IV that could run a 4.4-4.5 easy.

OMG. Yes, you're right, there has never been any fast high school kids from Section IV. All the kids were slow as molasses, they raced the 100 m in wheelchairs and were blindfolded. Yeah, you are right, Chrystie was the only kid that was even remotely fast, because you're the president of his fanclub, with the exception of your strange

love affair with that NFL receiver you keep referencing. Yeah, no one could ever run below a 4.6 because you say so, except for chrystie of course. You're delusional.

Once again, who are all these fast people? What does Chrystie have to do with anything? He proved himself on the track. You continue to put a guy down and not give any names? Once again, none of these people you think are fast are even close to what you think they are.

Section IV has had alot of HS boys could run between a 4.5-4.6, very few between a 4.4-4.5, and maybe 3-4 kids below a 4.4 and in the 4.3 range. Never heard of anyone going below a 4.3.

I am an ex-local area High School sprinter and then ran in college for 4 years. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but this post is absolutely true. No question. Anyone who disagrees , obviously never ran track at a high level, or was timed correctly in High School and/or in college. I use to fall under the 4.4-4.5 category and yes, I am from the area and not any of those sprinters listed as Section 4 record holders, as in many of the previous posts.

Lots of conflicting opinions, but as us track guys say, " there are the cheetahs (great 100m sprinters)" and then there are the quarterhorses (great 40 yard sprinters)". Yes there is a difference. Many guys that are great in the 40 yard dash are not the best in the 100m and many great 100m sprinters are not very good in the 40. Usually the 40 yard guys have very fast turnover and a shorter more powerful running cadence, but they cannot sustain it over the full 100 m. Some 100 m guys are good in the 40, but often times, they have a longer stride length, and don't reach top speed until around the 70-80m mark. Can a great 40 yard dash guy lose to a good 100 m guy? Yes. Can a great 100 m guy lose to a good 40 guy? Yes.

LOL! This is great!

Let's stop being stupid here. The past 10 years 100 meter federation champion with the highest section IV finisher.

2010: 1 Darnell Cummings - 12 Millbrook-2 - 10.63 - Highest Section IV: 3rd - Jordan Thomas - 10.77

2009: 1 Anthony Quezada - 12 Sachem North-1 - 10.71 -Highest Section IV: 7th - Jordan Thomas -10.98

2008: 1 Nicholas Guscott - 12 Baldwin-1 - 10.94 - Highest Section IV: No finalist

2007: 1 Jordon Manns - 12 Lyndonville-2 - 10.69 -Highest Section IV: 8th Rex Hollenbeck - Dryden - 11.11

2006: 1 Rashad Johnson - 12 Saunders-1 - 10.83 -Highest Section IV: No finalist

2005: 1 Sean Cuevo - 12 Yorktown-I - 10.94 - Highest section IV: 5th Jimmy Massar -Johnson City - 11.16

2004: 1 Jordan Lester - 12 Jamesville-DeWitt-I - 11.01 - Highest Section IV: No finalist

(Head Wind) Ran a 10.61 in DI finals

2003: 1 Edino Steele - 10 Sheepshead - 10.85 - Highest Section IV: No Finalist

2002: 1 Logan, Omar - 12 Amityville-B - 10.94 - Highest Section IV: No Finalst

2001: 1 - Mike Christie - Oxford - 10.65 - Highest Section IV: No other finalist

Where are all these fast guys again?

Let's stop being stupid here. The past 10 years 100 meter federation champion with the highest section IV finisher.

2010: 1 Darnell Cummings - 12 Millbrook-2 - 10.63 - Highest Section IV: 3rd - Jordan Thomas - 10.77

2009: 1 Anthony Quezada - 12 Sachem North-1 - 10.71 -Highest Section IV: 7th - Jordan Thomas -10.98

2008: 1 Nicholas Guscott - 12 Baldwin-1 - 10.94 - Highest Section IV: No finalist

2007: 1 Jordon Manns - 12 Lyndonville-2 - 10.69 -Highest Section IV: 8th Rex Hollenbeck - Dryden - 11.11

2006: 1 Rashad Johnson - 12 Saunders-1 - 10.83 -Highest Section IV: No finalist

2005: 1 Sean Cuevo - 12 Yorktown-I - 10.94 - Highest section IV: 5th Jimmy Massar -Johnson City - 11.16

2004: 1 Jordan Lester - 12 Jamesville-DeWitt-I - 11.01 - Highest Section IV: No finalist

(Head Wind) Ran a 10.61 in DI finals

2003: 1 Edino Steele - 10 Sheepshead - 10.85 - Highest Section IV: No Finalist

2002: 1 Logan, Omar - 12 Amityville-B - 10.94 - Highest Section IV: No Finalst

2001: 1 - Mike Christie - Oxford - 10.65 - Highest Section IV: No other finalist

Where are all these fast guys again?

Their the ones that ran between a 10.9 - 11.3 in the 100m....didn't win states, but fast as hell, nonetheless.

Their the ones that ran between a 10.9 - 11.3 in the 100m....didn't win states, but fast as hell, nonetheless.

Didn't win the states? Section IV has about 5 top 6 medals in 10 years in the 100 meter. Just proof there is no speed in this area. That's pathetic.

Anyone who doesn't think Jarvis Shields and Jason Morris were fast, are just plain dumb and obviously relatively recent HS grads (last 13 yrs or so) that don't know the history of track & field in the area.

Is a 11.3 fast in the 100? Yes, it is very good and very fast, but not elite speed. Elite speed is 10.7 or lower for a HS kid. We have had just a handful (make that 4 - Raboy, Coleman, Thomas and Christie) of elite 100 meter sprinters, and after them, quite a few very fast kids running 10.9 - 11.4 or so over the past 35 years. To the bozo just referencing the last 10 years and his love for Christie, there were kids that were fast before 2001. Adley Raboy (70s) ran a 10.7 in the 100 yards, which is a longer distance than the 100 meters, and if you extrapolate his time from yards to meters, he would have run a 10.45 in the 100 meters. I'd put my money on Raboy everytime, as the best 100 guy ever from the area.

God you are stupid and a great example of why people around here are DELETED. Take your FAT and shove it up your DELETED How did I put my foot in my mouth you DELETED? A 10.7 - 10.9 is almost as fast as a 10.55, not as fast! I didn't say it was as fast. But, regardless of course according to you, no one from the area has ever been fast, since you are the areas sprinting expert.

No, a 10.7 - 10.9 is not almost as fast as a 10.55. The way to get an FAT time from a hand time is to add .24 seconds to the hand time. Which means a 10.3 - 10.4 is almost as fast as a 10.55.

Yep, people from around here have been fast. I was told that Christie accepted a smaller school scholarship because they allowed him to play defense. Other schools were looking at him strictly as a punter/kicker.

Is a 11.3 fast in the 100? Yes, it is very good and very fast, but not elite speed. Elite speed is 10.7 or lower for a HS kid. We have had just a handful (make that 4 - Raboy, Coleman, Thomas and Christie) of elite 100 meter sprinters, and after them, quite a few very fast kids running 10.9 - 11.4 or so over the past 35 years. To the bozo just referencing the last 10 years and his love for Christie, there were kids that were fast before 2001. Adley Raboy (70s) ran a 10.7 in the 100 yards, which is a longer distance than the 100 meters, and if you extrapolate his time from yards to meters, he would have run a 10.45 in the 100 meters. I'd put my money on Raboy everytime, as the best 100 guy ever from the area.

a 220 yd sprint is longer than a 200m sprint, but a 100yd sprint is not longer than 100m. Its about 8-9 yds shorter. I'm not arguing that Raboy isn't the fastest, seeing as he ran on cinders, but your extrapolation is screwed.

What is your deal with FAT time?! Jesus. The 10.7-10.9 times that were referenced are FAT times! Stop thinking everyone's times are handheld, except for those who you want to be FAT times. We're in the 21st century.

Eric Crouch ran a 10.9 - 11.1 FAT time in the 100 m, but of course he wasn't fast right? We've had lots of kids run in that range in the area.

What is your deal with FAT time?! Jesus. The 10.7-10.9 times that were referenced are FAT times! Stop thinking everyone's times are handheld, except for those who you want to be FAT times. We're in the 21st century.

Eric Crouch ran a 10.9 - 11.1 FAT time in the 100 m, but of course he wasn't fast right? We've had lots of kids run in that range in the area.

No Sect 4 has not had many FAT times, we don't have the equipment here, I'm a track coach and I know that for a fact. Only 2 schools have the gear and its not used often. If you think .24 isn't a lot of difference in a sprint realize it took almost 60 years to improve the 100 meter WR that much.

Eric Crouch was your fast person? A Nebraska option QB who failed to transition to anything else? He wasn't near elite speed in any capacity, he was quick but nothing special get Mike Vicks speed to show a fast QB.

A track coach for who? Team USA? Of course Eric Crouch was very fast, not Olympic speed but fast enough and no need to bring his football career into it. Michael Vick is no where near the top of fastest NFL players anymore. Try again. Remember we are talking about High School kids, not Olympic Level sprinters. If you don't think Eric Crouch was fast, then you must be some ex-high school sprinter who really sucked and you feel you have to put-down everyone to make yourself feel better.

How about you just go away. 10.7 in the 100 yards is over 11+ in the 100 meter which doesn't even send you to the state meet. Please stop before somebody actually thinks you know what you are talking about. 100 yards is only 91.44 meters, you know it all. Thanks for proving Raboy doesn't even belong in the conversation.

No, a 10.7 - 10.9 is not almost as fast as a 10.55. The way to get an FAT time from a hand time is to add .24 seconds to the hand time. Which means a 10.3 - 10.4 is almost as fast as a 10.55.

Yep, people from around here have been fast. I was told that Christie accepted a smaller school scholarship because they allowed him to play defense. Other schools were looking at him strictly as a punter/kicker.

Chrystie went to Colgate and they moved him from QB to WR. Not defense. This site kills me with all the know-it-alls on here.

Archived