Fastest boys ever from Section 4

Guest green97

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my point proven by you. Thanks. Track sprinters are faster than football players, for the most part. They are 2 completelybdifferent animals, stop comparing apples to oranges.

What? Many sprinters in high school are also football players. Same holds true for college football and now the NFL. Apples to oranges? I don't think so.

I think they should just rename this topic as I love Chrystie.

Why? The only two that have run under 10.70 FAT in the section EVER are Jordan Thomas and Mike Chrystie. Maybe they should rename this topic realistically speaking, section iv is slow.

What? Many sprinters in high school are also football players. Same holds true for college football and now the NFL. Apples to oranges? I don't think so.

Very few world class sprinters have ever made it in the NFL!

How about you just go away. 10.7 in the 100 yards is over 11+ in the 100 meter which doesn't even send you to the state meet. Please stop before somebody actually thinks you know what you are talking about. 100 yards is only 91.44 meters, you know it all. Thanks for proving Raboy doesn't even belong in the conversation.

Actually, Raboy ran 9.7 in winning the 100 yard at states in 1976, a 9.6 when he won easterns that year. In college he ran a 10.2 in the hundred meters at a meet at Univ of Virginia. He won the highchool states twice in the 60 yard dash and was a national federation record holder in 1975 in the 60. He only got timed once in the 40 in route to setting a Manley Field House record in 50 meters at Syracuse (beating Joe Morris) and was timed in 4.28. He was all East and All American in college.

Are you kidding me? The converation begins with Raboy. He was the fastest kid ever from section 4. In the 70s, they ran the 100 yard dash, not the 100 meter dash, so all this "best record" in this or that does not apply. Raboy ran it when it was 100 yards, and all those others on these lists like Coleman, Thomas, Chrystie ran it at 100 yards.

Actually, Raboy ran 9.7 in winning the 100 yard at states in 1976, a 9.6 when he won easterns that year. In college he ran a 10.2 in the hundred meters at a meet at Univ of Virginia. He won the highchool states twice in the 60 yard dash and was a national federation record holder in 1975 in the 60. He only got timed once in the 40 in route to setting a Manley Field House record in 50 meters at Syracuse (beating Joe Morris) and was timed in 4.28. He was all East and All American in college.

Well lets see, the Cornell University 100M record is 10.4 set in 1983, so Raboy did not run a 10.2 he ran his best of 10.3 as a freshman (which is 10.54 FAT because his run was handtimed). Raboy's 6.34 time was in the 55M and not the 50M dash and I find it very hard to believe that they did an en route time in an indoor meet sprint race, thats totally out of the ordinary. I can't say it didn't happen but it would have been very strange. They did not run the 60M dash in the mid 70's they ran the 60Y dash, changed it to the 55M (which are about the same length) and then in the early 1980's they switched to the 60M dash after he had left school. Raboy never held the 60Y dash NFHS record, his HS pr was 6.3 which was only .2 sec behind the 6.1 that Bob Hayes ran in Florida in 1958 which was just about 2 years before Raboy was born.

All that being said Raboy, Coleman, Chrystie, and Thomas were all special runners and a race between them all in their primes would have been something to see. They are the fastest our area has seen to date and any of the four is a worthy candidate for consideration as the best of all time in Sect 4.

Well lets see, the Cornell University 100M record is 10.4 set in 1983, so Raboy did not run a 10.2 he ran his best of 10.3 as a freshman (which is 10.54 FAT because his run was handtimed). Raboy's 6.34 time was in the 55M and not the 50M dash and I find it very hard to believe that they did an en route time in an indoor meet sprint race, thats totally out of the ordinary. I can't say it didn't happen but it would have been very strange. They did not run the 60M dash in the mid 70's they ran the 60Y dash, changed it to the 55M (which are about the same length) and then in the early 1980's they switched to the 60M dash after he had left school. Raboy never held the 60Y dash NFHS record, his HS pr was 6.3 which was only .2 sec behind the 6.1 that Bob Hayes ran in Florida in 1958 which was just about 2 years before Raboy was born.

All that being said Raboy, Coleman, Chrystie, and Thomas were all special runners and a race between them all in their primes would have been something to see. They are the fastest our area has seen to date and any of the four is a worthy candidate for consideration as the best of all time in Sect 4.

Raboy ran 6.1 in the heats at the 1975 state meet in Barton Hall in the 60 He ran a 10.2 hand time at UVA which coverts to a 10.44 FAT which at the time was a cornell school record. The 40 time at Manley field house was by football scouts looking at Joe Morris and Art Monk

Whoever thinks Section 4 never had any fast kids is an idiot. No question that Adley Raboy was a burner and easily had elite speed and not that far off from Olympic level speed for the mid to late 70s. Lots of people on here are claiming he wasn't fast.....that is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. In his prime Raboy would beat all of the current Section 4 record holders.

Let's stop being stupid here. The past 10 years 100 meter federation champion with the highest section IV finisher.

2010: 1 Darnell Cummings - 12 Millbrook-2 - 10.63 - Highest Section IV: 3rd - Jordan Thomas - 10.77

2009: 1 Anthony Quezada - 12 Sachem North-1 - 10.71 -Highest Section IV: 7th - Jordan Thomas -10.98

2008: 1 Nicholas Guscott - 12 Baldwin-1 - 10.94 - Highest Section IV: No finalist

2007: 1 Jordon Manns - 12 Lyndonville-2 - 10.69 -Highest Section IV: 8th Rex Hollenbeck - Dryden - 11.11

2006: 1 Rashad Johnson - 12 Saunders-1 - 10.83 -Highest Section IV: No finalist

2005: 1 Sean Cuevo - 12 Yorktown-I - 10.94 - Highest section IV: 5th Jimmy Massar -Johnson City - 11.16

2004: 1 Jordan Lester - 12 Jamesville-DeWitt-I - 11.01 - Highest Section IV: No finalist

(Head Wind) Ran a 10.61 in DI finals

2003: 1 Edino Steele - 10 Sheepshead - 10.85 - Highest Section IV: No Finalist

2002: 1 Logan, Omar - 12 Amityville-B - 10.94 - Highest Section IV: No Finalst

2001: 1 - Mike Christie - Oxford - 10.65 - Highest Section IV: No other finalist

Where are all these fast guys again?

Maurice Bradford - Binghamton HS mid 90's. Dominated the area in the 100 from 8th till 12th grade. Had fastest 100 time in state AA entering senior season. Chose not to run senior year to focus on football in college.

I still live in the area and I grew up with the Raboys in Endwell in the 1970s. The Raboy's were a great family and the kids were athletic. Adley had a few sisters and a few brothers and his dad was a professor at Suny Bing teaching Physics. Adley was the fastest kid I ever saw, and he ran on a cinder track! Not these nice rubber or high-tech material tracks that these young kids sprint on these days and no doubt improves their times. Adley ran a 9.7 in the 100 yards and won a NYS Championship. Raboy was faster than Breckner (70s), Zunic (80s), Kofira (90s), Van Gorder (90s), Stephens (00s), or any other recent fast M-E kids. Plus Adley was a excellent student, went to Cornell and is now a Doctor in NYC.

Guest Ray not Jay

JAY ZUNIC????are you kidding?who is writing that Jay himself?How any Sparon could put him in there is obviously drugged or him wring himself. Being a Sparton and following them for years Morey was a speedster no questioin about it.They had a sprinter a few years back and Raboy and that is end of story.Breckner never ran a fast 100 becsue he had 3 tacklers on his back....Sorry Jay,nice try to get your name in lights but keep dreaming and never loose sight of hope.

Raboy was white & wiry kid, right?

Raboy was a white Jewish kid, who dispelled all negative stereotypes about how Jewish people are not good in sports. The guy was amazing.

JAY ZUNIC????are you kidding?who is writing that Jay himself?How any Sparon could put him in there is obviously drugged or him wring himself. Being a Sparton and following them for years Morey was a speedster no questioin about it.They had a sprinter a few years back and Raboy and that is end of story.Breckner never ran a fast 100 becsue he had 3 tacklers on his back....Sorry

Jay,nice try to get your name in lights but keep dreaming and never loose sight of hope.

I was a Spartan class of 1979. Raboy was the fastest by alot, next I'd say Jesse Stephens a more recent Spartan. Nate kofira was faster than Sean VanGorder and Randy Morey, by a step or two in a 100. Morey was fast and elusive, but more shifty and a smooth running back, looked to be floating while sprinting. VanGorder was a powerful, fast kid, and good in shorter sprints, like a 40. I agree, not sure how Jay Zunic made this list? I could probably find 20 kids that went to ME that were a heck of alot faster than him!

Maybe Zunic wasn't as fast as the kids listed, but he wasn't slow. Think he was a All-American cornerback for Ithaca college in the late 80s. Can't be slow to be a cornerback.

Whoever thinks Section 4 never had any fast kids is an idiot. No question that Adley Raboy was a burner and easily had elite speed and not that far off from Olympic level speed for the mid to late 70s. Lots of people on here are claiming he wasn't fast.....that is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. In his prime Raboy would beat all of the current Section 4 record holders.

Didn't Kozell from Seton beat Raboy?

Archived