Stinky luggage

Kermit

I bought some new luggage over the weekend. I have had the luggage open for the past 3 days and it stinks!!! It's like a plastic type smell, but once my clothes are in there, I don't want them to take on the odor. I have tried Febreeze to lessen the smell and it didn't help. Anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of the new luggage stench?

try and put a bag of cat litter in it and let it sit for a day or two and then dump out. The litter will not be that hard to remove from the suitcase as long as no kittys use it lol. I have done this with my hubby's bag before when he gets back from a trip and everything smelled like musty wet dogs. Have a safe and fun trip.

Guest Guest
I bought some new luggage over the weekend. I have had the luggage open for the past 3 days and it stinks!!! It's like a plastic type smell, but once my clothes are in there, I don't want them to take on the odor. I have tried Febreeze to lessen the smell and it didn't help. Anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of the new luggage stench?

dyer sheets !

Baking soda is good. You need something like that to absorb the smell, anything else will only cover it up.

Bundles of chalk would work and if you have any plain charcoal that would work too, just lay it on some newspaper.

Good Luck and have a great trip!

@

Archived