Summer Vacation

Carol and Mike

It makes no difference - the increase in summer traffic isn't that huge, but the big oil idiots raise prices anyway. I'm not changing any plans. The prices will go up and stay up, so there's no use in not vacationing. Makes me wish that prices would drop as quickly as they rise, but that will never happen either.

Just doing 3 weeks in Ireland in early summer and 7 days in Cancun in the fall. We don't plan on going very far in the car. We booked early before the price of airlines went up anymore than they have becasue of fuel prices.

Guest traveler

Have you noticed it's not just the gas going up? The price where I buy gas was 3.48 yesterday and 3.57 today. But in the grocery store it is worse. Raspberries for 4.99 a box and bananas for .69 a pound. A twenty cent mark up on those nanners, is 70%, yipes, worse than I thought. Cruise lines now charge $7 a day extra for fuel. Two thousand passengers times 7, that's a lot, too. Everything we buy is more because trucks use gas, and we don't grow oranges in New York. It's always a choice. Should we get a new sofa or should we spend money on a vacation? A vacation by car let's say is 500 miles. If your car gets 25 miles to a gallon, that's 20 gallons of gas. Is gas a dollar more than you like, or two dollars more? That's 40 dollars. Will you stay home for $40?$40?

Gas price increases bother us more because it's a staple of life around here and we feel it harder because it is a direct cost to us. The bread and peanut butter and jelly you make sandwiches from for the road trip will cost more, too. Yes, I am traveling. Going to see James Taylor at Tanglewood. It's a snooty venue, but they allow picnics on the lawn. Have a wonderful summer!

Guest Guest
So, with the prices of gas over $ 3.50 a gallon now, are you changing your summer vacation plans any ?

Can't say the price of gas has us cutting back or not, but changed ours from a 10 day cruse in early June to several 3 day trips to the mountains in south west Pa camping.

My kids play travel ball and we paid a lot of money for them to be able to play and we have our hotel reservations already so i guess we will still be going all over the east caost as planned. I have to raise some more money to be able to go! DO the bottle babes still pay more then 5 cents a can?

@

I still plan on a go wherever vacation. I'm hopping in my car and heading south west with no particular destination in mind. Drive as far as I can get on a tank of gas per day stopping along the way ans seeing the sights. When I hit the Mississippi River, I'll head back on a north east route. It's time to see more of the USA.

Guest Honda driver
Vegas, baby!

@

Watch out for surcharges on jet fuel!

In the last week, the price of gas went from 3.48 to 3.61 at the Red Apple on the corner of West End and Floral. I am sure it went up where you buy gas, too. When will it end? I think most of us have been going along with a penny increase every week, but this is frightening.

Watch out for surcharges on jet fuel!

In the last week, the price of gas went from 3.48 to 3.61 at the Red Apple on the corner of West End and Floral. I am sure it went up where you buy gas, too. When will it end? I think most of us have been going along with a penny increase every week, but this is frightening.

I just noticed that last night on E Main in Endicott.

I think it's a Valero there by Pepperoni's (?), and it was 3.63, and I'd just filled up on Tuesday evening at a different one for 3.53, which seemed high at the time. :(

@

Gas - We filled our vehicles this morning.

2004 Chevy - 18.6 gallons = 68.06

2002 Dodge Dakota 4x4 5.9 Hemi - 24.9 gallons = 91.11

3.659 a gallon and still going up. As we were filling up, one of the workers came out and changed the big sign from 3.659 to 3.679 and we just don't seem to get it at all.

$ 159. + dollars for a weeks worth of gas ? This is totally not heard of.

But it still is not going to have an impact on our vacation plans. We've planned well, taking a 3.75 a gallon price into account last fall at worst case. Think it will hit 4 bucks before Memorial Day !

Guest Guest

Just got some Ag. fuel and finished mixing the biodiesel this morning, by the time I get done mixing the two I have enough fuel for three months and I end up paying $1.78 / gallon. Ford F-350 w/ a 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel. I also run my lawn mower w/ it. A Kubota tractor.

I love corn oil!!

@

Archived