Barb (Babs) Fiala Seeks Re-election

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Barb says, that "how they (who ever they is) spend the people's money is first and foremost on their minds"!

I'll bet! I am sure that the taxpayer was "first and foremost" on her mind when she spent $30,000 to redecorate her ofices. Or when she ran her trap about how she was going to get the vacation money back the the previous administration illegally paid themselves and then dropped it when she realized that she could do the same thing when she was done in the ofice. Or when she was vacationing in Italy while the taxpayers were dealing with the biggest flood the area has ever seen.

Let's not forget how Barb has milked the County Taxpayers more in her one term than most of the previous administrations have in all of the years that they were in office. Re-election for Barb IS NOT an option! Time to put the troll back where she belongs, not in a Broome County Office!

Barb says, that "how they (who ever they is) spend the people's money is first and foremost on their minds"!

I'll bet! I am sure that the taxpayer was "first and foremost" on her mind when she spent $30,000 to redecorate her ofices. Or when she ran her trap about how she was going to get the vacation money back the the previous administration illegally paid themselves and then dropped it when she realized that she could do the same thing when she was done in the ofice. Or when she was vacationing in Italy while the taxpayers were dealing with the biggest flood the area has ever seen.

Let's not forget how Barb has milked the County Taxpayers more in her one term than most of the previous administrations have in all of the years that they were in office. Re-election for Barb IS NOT an option! Time to put the troll back where she belongs, not in a Broome County Office!

God help Broome County if she gets in for another 4 years

Guest Guest
God help Broome County if she gets in for another 4 years

No doubt! I think she carries the BC checkbook around with her. What a disgrace she has turned out to be. I watched her on the news talking about how she was concerned about how they spent our money, what a joke! The only thing that she is concerned about is how she can get more, more, more for her and use the taxpayer's money to get it. Go away Babs, we have had enough of your corruption. And don't try what Kraham did and write yourself and the clowns that you brought with you big checks, we played that game once and if it happens again, you will be looking out for behind bars. We have had enough!

Guest pissed off taxpayer

I'm gonna vote for her since she's spending $50,000 to study a future trash heap. Come on Barb, if you want the job quit wasting my money!

This is the same votes to come in for the very ones that do the best give-aways.The mayor got his and she will get hers.

The so called downdrodden get all and whatever they want or need for freeeeeee, the Middle class get screwed to the max.Breaks for us, NEVER, just raise our taxes to give to those who say are needy.

Could a huge number of those so called needy just be takers with no background checks to prove otherwise? What steps are really taken before the free give-aways are handed out? I say NONE!

I notice at welfare apts. the new thrown bikes left on the sidewalk, the expensive(only the best) strollers left on the sidewalk or tossed on the lawn, yeah, you can see the pride can't you?Expensive toys left out or broken on a lawn

Well Fiala and the Mayor and any other group to run will get the over the top number of votes cause the word is out it's time to cast again.

No one in this country cares about the ones who pay the bills, the middleclass taxpayers, you get no breaks at any turn, you qualify for nothing.

New buses for whom?

Technology and computers for the very ones who dropped out of school that was free, now Lapardo gets grants to give these same ones another giveaway and her reasoning is bogus.

Tax New Yorkers to death is the cry of our own Binghamton and it's so called "Powers that be"

Soon as one by one they leave, the ones who pay the outrageous taxes and there is no money left for these vulgers to grab, then where will this city be?

@

Guest Guest

Kraham & Cronies were paid out vacation pay that they were not entitled to. Fiala did the right thing by seeking it paid back to the county. I can find nothing about how she supposedly dropped the issue. So I guess that makes you a liar.

@

Kraham & Cronies were paid out vacation pay that they were not entitled to. Fiala did the right thing by seeking it paid back to the county. I can find nothing about how she supposedly dropped the issue. So I guess that makes you a liar.

@

It does huh? Can you find anything that shows how much she got back? Point made!

Guest Guest
It does huh? Can you find anything that shows how much she got back? Point made!

How about this... Point made!

BINGHAMTON, NY - Broome County Executive Barbara J. Fiala says she is extremely pleased with Judge Patrick Monserrate's decision to order former county employees to payback disputed sick pay.

In a decision released Monday, April 2, 2007, Judge Monserrate granted Broome County's motion for a Summary Judgment. This basically means he found merit in the County's argument that more than $200,000 was improperly paid out to 10 former county employees who departed from county government at varying times in 2004. The judge made his decision before the case could go to trial.

County Attorney, Joseph Sluzar, argued that the County's Administrative Rules were clear about the issue of compensation for accrued sick time. The previous County Executive was not allowed to manipulate the Rules under the guise of a “re-interpretation”.

Executive Fiala became aware of the disbursements early in her administration. “We immediately took steps to recoup the money and to make sure improper payments were never made again,” said Fiala. “This is taxpayer money and I am pleased that we will be able to get this money back and use it to serve the taxpayers.”

The administration's initial attempt to recover more than $300,000, which was the original total of improper payouts, led several former county employees to agree to pay the money back. The other 10 refused. The county then sued those 10 former employees.

Monday's ruling requires the defendants to repay the County the following amounts:

Kenneth Badger $18,794.77

William Barber $46,843.54

Larry Fischer $38,790.19

Gerald Kellar $ 9,674.34

Thomas Kelso $10,996.34

Joseph Peckham $18,146.11

Geoffrey Rossi $19,024.93

Michael Sharpe $19,646.28

Ray Standish $20,113.44

Julie Sweet $ 9,174.98

The employees have 90 days to pay back the money owed.

http://www.gobroomecounty.com/press/20070402.php

Guest Guest
Speaking of that, what was the outcome?

Did the whole thing just disappear?

@

Ten paid back the money right away. The other ten were sued for it and ordered to pay it back. It's all part of the public record.

I don't know where the morons get the idea that it was dropped by Fiala.

How about this... Point made!

BINGHAMTON, NY - Broome County Executive Barbara J. Fiala says she is extremely pleased with Judge Patrick Monserrate's decision to order former county employees to payback disputed sick pay.

In a decision released Monday, April 2, 2007, Judge Monserrate granted Broome County's motion for a Summary Judgment. This basically means he found merit in the County's argument that more than $200,000 was improperly paid out to 10 former county employees who departed from county government at varying times in 2004. The judge made his decision before the case could go to trial.

County Attorney, Joseph Sluzar, argued that the County's Administrative Rules were clear about the issue of compensation for accrued sick time. The previous County Executive was not allowed to manipulate the Rules under the guise of a “re-interpretation”.

Executive Fiala became aware of the disbursements early in her administration. “We immediately took steps to recoup the money and to make sure improper payments were never made again,” said Fiala. “This is taxpayer money and I am pleased that we will be able to get this money back and use it to serve the taxpayers.”

The administration's initial attempt to recover more than $300,000, which was the original total of improper payouts, led several former county employees to agree to pay the money back. The other 10 refused. The county then sued those 10 former employees.

Monday's ruling requires the defendants to repay the County the following amounts:

Kenneth Badger $18,794.77

William Barber $46,843.54

Larry Fischer $38,790.19

Gerald Kellar $ 9,674.34

Thomas Kelso $10,996.34

Joseph Peckham $18,146.11

Geoffrey Rossi $19,024.93

Michael Sharpe $19,646.28

Ray Standish $20,113.44

Julie Sweet $ 9,174.98

The employees have 90 days to pay back the money owed.

http://www.gobroomecounty.com/press/20070402.php

How about this point made, enjoy you ban! Wiseass! What do you have that shows the money was paid back? That was the question, if you could see around your ego and paid attention to the question, you would see that.

Guest Guest
How about this point made, enjoy you ban! Wiseass! What do you have that shows the money was paid back? That was the question, if you could see around your ego and paid attention to the question, you would see that.

Go to bottom of page 18 here:

http://www.gobroomecounty.com/countyexecs/...OfTheCounty.pdf

In case you don't want to go through the hassle of looking for it, I'll copy it for you here:

"The County Attorney’s Office was successful in 2007 in winning the Sick Pay lawsuit which returned nearly

$200,000 thousand dollars to county coffers. This was a tough case and it was a tough decision to have to sue

former employees but I maintain that it was the right thing to do for taxpayers and it was the right thing to do for

all employees."

The key clause in the above passage is: "is which returned nearly $200,000 thousand dollars to county coffers."

Notice that the passage is clearly written in past tense. This means the event already transpired and the money is in the county's possession.

I suppose if that isn't good enough you could go down and look up in the books for yourself. It would be kind of redundant to do that, but feel free.

Point made.

Guest Guest
Go to bottom of page 18 here:

http://www.gobroomecounty.com/countyexecs/...OfTheCounty.pdf

In case you don't want to go through the hassle of looking for it, I'll copy it for you here:

"The County Attorney’s Office was successful in 2007 in winning the Sick Pay lawsuit which returned nearly

$200,000 thousand dollars to county coffers. This was a tough case and it was a tough decision to have to sue

former employees but I maintain that it was the right thing to do for taxpayers and it was the right thing to do for

all employees."

The key clause in the above passage is: "is which returned nearly $200,000 thousand dollars to county coffers."

Notice that the passage is clearly written in past tense. This means the event already transpired and the money is in the county's possession.

I suppose if that isn't good enough you could go down and look up in the books for yourself. It would be kind of redundant to do that, but feel free.

Point made.

You are tricky with your editing. There are no ledger entries that show that any of the money was recovered. You changed the wording to say "returned" from "will return". Nice try, I hope he bans you! And the link doesn't even go to anything.

Guest Patroclus

BTK ... You talk about ego! And then you ban anyone who dares to disagree with you. You are making this site a joke.

Just another internet tough guy.

@

BTK ... You talk about ego! And then you ban anyone who dares to disagree with you. You are making this site a joke.

Just another internet tough guy.

@

No jerkweed, an internet tough guy with the punch to back it up. Stop over sometime and I will give you a demo! In the mean time enjoy your ban!

Just another dress wearing little girl that hides behind "guest" and a proxy!

What has she done for our area of WEstern Broome?Oh she gave us some money to tear down a building that the State already committed to do?What else has she done for WEstern Broome?Nothing.I will be seeing in this campaign how she plans to do anytihing ot help us in Endicott with some type of program instead of just helping herBinghamton.That is getting a little old and it is like trying to educate those who do not want to be educated.It is a dea end to try to salvage that Binghamton.

Guest Guest
Oh, grow up already. You are how old? Act it, loser.

ANOTHER ONE! BTK You got your hands full here. Does anyone have the DELETED to say it to his face? I have met him and I know the truth! :lol::lol::lol: Me laughing at you guys!

Guest Patroclus
ANOTHER ONE! BTK You got your hands full here. Does anyone have the DELETED to say it to his face? I have met him and I know the truth! :lol::lol::lol: Me laughing at you guys!

Guest Patroclus

They say this to your face but behind your back they agree with me. You banning me just proves what I say. If someone disagrees with you they are gone. You violate your own TOS.

Guest Patroclus
No jerkweed, an internet tough guy with the punch to back it up. Stop over sometime and I will give you a demo! In the mean time enjoy your ban!

Just another dress wearing little girl that hides behind "guest" and a proxy!

yyou know that if I didn't use a proxy you would ban me for sure. You are the one hiding.

Guest Guest
You are tricky with your editing. There are no ledger entries that show that any of the money was recovered. You changed the wording to say "returned" from "will return". Nice try, I hope he bans you! And the link doesn't even go to anything.

It was a direct quote from Fiala's 2008 State of the County Address and was copy and pasted. There was no editing of it on my part.

all employees."

Since I copied and pasted the link as well it should have worked as well. Copy and paste this into your browser and look at the bottom of page 18. You can see it is verbatim.

www.gobroomecounty.com/countyexec/pdfs/2008StateOfTheCounty.pdf

I guess that makes you a liar.

@

Archived