Surveyors

Spuds

Can anyone recommend a good surveyor? I am having an addition put on the house, and then fencing and want to get a survey done before the work starts. I looked in the Yellow Pages, but none of the names were familiar. When I bought the house 33 yrs ago we didn't need to get it surveyed so it's never been done. I live in Endicott, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

Guest country girl2
Can anyone recommend a good surveyor? I am having an addition put on the house, and then fencing and want to get a survey done before the work starts. I looked in the Yellow Pages, but none of the names were familiar. When I bought the house 33 yrs ago we didn't need to get it surveyed so it's never been done. I live in Endicott, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

Purdy is who I used but I dont even know if they are still in business. I called him years after because I had an "issue" with my neighbor and code enforcement (they were trying to survey my property with a tape measure) and the guy was 100 % ready to do whatever he had to do to help me.......he was very nice.

Thanks, CG. I do recognize that name. He is not listed in the Yellow Pages, but curiously, is listed as Purdy Surveying in the White Pages. I'll give him a call later this AM and let you know how I made out. Thanks again!

Guest Guest
Purdy is who I used but I dont even know if they are still in business. I called him years after because I had an "issue" with my neighbor and code enforcement (they were trying to survey my property with a tape measure) and the guy was 100 % ready to do whatever he had to do to help me.......he was very nice.

What are they supposed to survey your property with instead of a tape measure?

Guest country girl2
What are they supposed to survey your property with instead of a tape measure?

They were two people from code enforcement, they are not surveyors. They did not have survey equipment. I went to the mayors office when it happened and he called those two people into the office and told them that "they are not surveyors and it is not their job to survey property" and to NEVER do it again. They were just trying to be jerks since I had my own survey from Purdy laminated and taped to my front and side windows along with my permits. They were in no position to "question" what I was doing.

I called Purdy and he will get me done in 2 - 3 weeks (I'm in no rush). He said he gets a lot of calls this time of year for people putting up fences & building additions. Seemed like a real nice guy, too. Thanks again!

@

Guest country girl2
I called Purdy and he will get me done in 2 - 3 weeks (I'm in no rush). He said he gets a lot of calls this time of year for people putting up fences & building additions. Seemed like a real nice guy, too. Thanks again!

@

You are very welcome, anytime. I think you will be happy with him. :)

Guest in the know

Purdy is no longer around -- Dave Marnicki has all his old maps - He is good, fast, cheap. I thought you could only pick 2. HE HE. I refer all my clients to him and I mean a lot.

Purdy is no longer around -- Dave Marnicki has all his old maps - He is good, fast, cheap. I thought you could only pick 2. HE HE. I refer all my clients to him and I mean a lot.

Not true. If you read my previous post you will find that I have hired him for the job. He is not in the Yellow Pages, but is listed in the White Pages as Purdy Surveying.

@

Guest I know you don't
Not true. If you read my previous post you will find that I have hired him for the job. He is not in the Yellow Pages, but is listed in the White Pages as Purdy Surveying.

@

YOU KNOW NOTHING! MAYBE YOU WANT TO ASK THE PERSON WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE WHO THEY WERE. PURDY IS NO LONGER AROUND -- DAVE MARNICKI IS THE MAN!! YOUR A DOPE AND ON CRACK!

YOU KNOW NOTHING! MAYBE YOU WANT TO ASK THE PERSON WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE WHO THEY WERE. PURDY IS NO LONGER AROUND -- DAVE MARNICKI IS THE MAN!! YOUR A DOPE AND ON CRACK!

Well, you're right in that I did not ask the name of the person who answered the phone. You have your whole life to act like a jerk so why don't you take a day off!

@

Archived