Teachers Snow Days Off ?

Guest guest

Guest Guest

Why do the school children have a day off for Superintendence Day? Couldn't the spoiled administrators and teachers report to work on one of the 5 snow days they had this year? I understand why the kids do not go to school on snow days, but why can't the teachers report to work like everyone else who has a job in Broome County?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Why do the school children have a day off for Superintendence Day? Couldn't the spoiled administrators and teachers report to work on one of the 5 snow days they had this year? I understand why the kids do not go to school on snow days, but why can't the teachers report to work like everyone else who has a job in Broome County?

Because they aren't like everyone else that has a job. They are professionals that control their work place. They control it all. If you had to go to a meeting would you chose to go in on a day where you would have to get up early to clean off your car and shovel it out before you drove in to work??? Well neither would they.

Guest Guest

Because they aren't like everyone else that has a job. They are professionals that control their work place. They control it all. If you had to go to a meeting would you chose to go in on a day where you would have to get up early to clean off your car and shovel it out before you drove in to work??? Well neither would they.

Kind of like the Koch brothers that are funding the bullshit they crap into your head. Heep rooting for your own demise Woodchuck.

Guest Guest

Kind of like the Koch brothers that are funding the bullshit they crap into your head. Heep rooting for your own demise Woodchuck.

Heep rooting for your own demise Woodchuck. What exactly does that mean? Please tell me what the Koch brothers have to do with us in NYS? Please also tell me one word of the post I made that was untrue.

Guest Guest

Heep rooting for your own demise Woodchuck. What exactly does that mean? Please tell me what the Koch brothers have to do with us in NYS? Please also tell me one word of the post I made that was untrue.

Opinions are never untrue. They are just opinions. But you are ignoring the real enemy.

http://www.observer.com/2010/slideshow/131739/communist-shipbuilding?utm_source=observer&utm_medium=slideshow_middle_of_article&utm_campaign=levine

Guest Guest

Superintendent's Conference days often involve outside presenters or programs that need preparation.

You don't pull them out of your butt and have a meaningful day.

Guest Guest
I'm not saying that the brothers you are talking about are right all I did was answer a question on why teachers don't have their meetings on snow days. I said because they don't have to because they control when they work and what hours.Myself I can't understand why they have to have meeting when it's convenient for them either because it is a hardship on working parents and single mothers.Maybe in the near future things will change and if the Koch brothers have anything to do with it then I'm on their side.

Guest Guest

I'm not saying that the brothers you are talking about are right all I did was answer a question on why teachers don't have their meetings on snow days. I said because they don't have to because they control when they work and what hours.Myself I can't understand why they have to have meeting when it's convenient for them either because it is a hardship on working parents and single mothers.Maybe in the near future things will change and if the Koch brothers have anything to do with it then I'm on their side.

Keep rooting for the demise of your economic class. I hope you can live on minimum wage. Attack the teachers - after all they are the educators. Keep wallowing in you own stupidity. That is their plan.

Guest Guest

Keep rooting for the demise of your economic class. I hope you can live on minimum wage. Attack the teachers - after all they are the educators. Keep wallowing in you own stupidity. That is their plan.

Keep wallowing in you own stupidity. That is their plan. That's the teachers plan? Well it does seem to be working in a lot of the schools in this area. I don't think that the Koch bros. are looking for the demise of my economic class.

Guest Guest

Keep wallowing in you own stupidity. That is their plan. That's the teachers plan? Well it does seem to be working in a lot of the schools in this area. I don't think that the Koch bros. are looking for the demise of my economic class.

Not if you are rich. Or poor. Those classes will get bigger.

http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/02/18/koch-brothers-behind-wisconsin-effort-to-kill-public-unions/

Guest Guest
So basically you are really only worried about you. The only reason you're worried at all is you feel without a union being able to back you so you don't have to be paid what everyone else is you'll be broken.I think that is what it is too.

Guest Guest

Role of Center for Union Facts in the Anti-Union Network

The Center is the latest public relations campaign and front group devised by “notorious D.C. lobbyist” and veteran spin doctor Richard “Rick” Berman with his firm, Berman and Company.

The Center for Union Facts is a front group focused on damaging the public image of unions, depressing workers’ rights, pushing legislation that would make it more difficult for workers to join unions, and furthering an anti-union business climate.

Berman earned his status as one of The Hill’s top lobbyists, along with Jack Abramoff, by working on behalf of unpopular clients like the tobacco, alcohol, and fast food industries. Berman’s campaigns have attempted to relax drunk driving laws, argue obesity is not a public health issue, prevent increases in the federal or state minimum wage, and attack advocacy groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).

The New Mouthpiece for the Anti-Union Network

When Berman & Company officially launched the Center on Feb. 13, 2006, Berman kicked off its anti-union public relations campaign by orchestrating a ‘protest’ and media opportunity in front of the headquarters of the AFL-CIO, unveiling a website, http://www.unionfacts.com, and buying pricey full-page ads in The New York Times, The Washington Post,and The Wall Street Journal. Berman planned to spend $5 million3 on an initial launch of print, radio, television, and internet ads to spread the campaign’s anti-union messages to national and regional markets.

In May 2006, the Center produced a sensationalist television ad featuring actors posed as unhappy union members, and bought airtime for it nationally on CNN, FOX News, and NBC. Yet a number of stations refused to air the commercial, determining that the Center for Union Facts had crossed the line. As one station manager explained about its decision to reject the ad: “We believe that the spot is designed to be inflammatory, incendiary and panders to the lowest common denominator stereotypes about unions and union officials.”…

Who is behind Rick Berman’s front-group, unionfacts.com?

While the Center claims to represent the interests of workers, the organizations and individuals tied to the Center, in addition to Berman’s history as an industry lobbyist, reveal a hidden agenda to dismantle workers’ rights:

The anti-worker agenda behind the Center

* The Center’s website asserts that it is not “part of a political effort,” and just “about education,” But Berman has contradicted those claims in interviews with The New York Times, The Boston Globe, and The Wall Street Journal, where he admitted to launching the Center to halt the use of card check as a method of forming unions, to generate support for the Secret Ballot Protection Act, which would outlaw the currently voluntary card check process, and to “wage a campaign against the Employee Free Choice Act,” bipartisan legislation that would require employers to recognize unions formed by the card check process.

* The Center for Union Facts’ legislative agenda is strikingly similar to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s. The big business lobbying group both adamantly opposes the Employee Free Choice Act, and is in strong support of the Secret Ballot Protection Act. Berman formerly devised union avoidance strategies for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and he still has strong ties to the Chamber through Randel Johnson, Vice President for Labor at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Berman told The New York Times that he asked Chamber of Commerce officials at a state conference to recommend that businesses in their states donate to his anti-union campaign. Randel Johnson has repeatedly denied any Chamber funding of the Center, yet admitted “he had served as an adviser to the Center.”

*On its website, the Center claims it is “supported by foundations, businesses, union members, and the general public.” Berman will only divulge that several companies and a foundation fund the Center, but will not release the names of his donors.

Guest Teach NY

Everyone continues to bash teachers on here, but let's look at the other noble professions:

1. Construction Workers on State Bids: Work for 6-8 months 12 hours per day (with 4 of them being OT hours) and then sit back and let the unemployment checks roll in for the next 4-6 months. Why not give teacher's unemplyment in the summer too!

2.Banker's and Finance: Have you ever been to the YMCA or other local gyms around lunch hour? Get a workout, sit in the steam room, go to lunch, back to work after. Hours 9-11:30; 2:30-5:00, Real tough.

3. And the leading employer in the area and the root of this problem. Welfare. Stand in line once per week to get your check and spend it on whatever you like. Supplement your income with any sort of non taxed and illegal income.

Wake up Broome County. The reason there are as many teacher here as there are is because of all the welfare trash that lives here. They are the scourge of the economy and of this state. Do we need all the teacher's we have? probably not. Do we need all the government worker we have? Probably not.

How about this? Next time we get a major snowstorm, all the unemploed construction worker, get up at 4:00 Am and report to get the roads clear for teacher's and student's to get to school!

Guest Guest

Has anybody seen my dues money? Why is it such a secret?

Union State-level Political Contributions

Amount Union

$ 8,162,063 New York State United Teachers

$ 1,230,164 New York State United Teachers/nysut

$ 237,194 New York Education Association

$ 149,063 National Education Association Of New York

$ 56,330 Federation Of Teachers Local 2

Guest Guest

The amounts for the above date back as far as 1995. So what is you point for the fifteen year totals?

If you wonder about the people who put this slanted attack check the previous page.

Guest Guest

..........And what have federal taxpayers gotten for all this federal education spending? Nothing. Federal education spending has more than tripled since 1970, yet academic achievement has remained flat. Heritage Foundation Director of Domestic Policy Studies Jennifer Marshall will testify before the House Education Committee today:

A half-century of always-expanding and ever-shifting federal intervention into local schools has failed to improve achievement. But it has caused an enormous compliance burden. The damage isn’t just wasted dollars and human capital that could have more effectively achieved educational excellence. It has also undermined direct accountability to parents and taxpayers while encouraging bureaucratic expansion and empowering special interests.

Since 1965 our nation has chosen to direct more of its education dollars through Washington, D.C. This has empowered bureaucrats, weakened parents, and been a disaster for our students. We need to change course. States should have the freedom to opt out of federal education programs and should be allowed to consolidate federal funding to direct resources to any lawful education purpose they see fit. Bottom-up education reform will only really occur when local governments are free from federal paperwork and don't have to beg federal bureaucrats for education dollars.

Guest Guest

How many pro-corporation sites and videos do you plan to post today? Do you enjoy being a contributor to your own potential demise? lol Fool.

Archived