Teachers Snow Days Off ?

Guest guest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know how to tell when fat a** Christy is lying? His lips are moving! Every word out of his mouth is a lie. Every one. Not one thing he said there is true. Not one. He has vilified teachers and will say any lie to further his agenda. He will lose in a landslide in the next election. He is a one and done Governor. Not once did he ask to sit down and talk to the teachers. They tried several times just to get a meeting. He is mad he didn't use the (correct) numbers of the teacher's union and lost $600,000 because he used his own (incorrect) numbers. Oh and the "death threat" - it was a joke about Obama sent out by an aid of his and the teacher changed it to Christy. The tea party radical right is ruining America. I hope we wake up quickly because they want there to be rich corporate America and a poor America with no middle class. We are watching the dismantling of middle class America with Christy, Palin, Beck, Rush and all the other blow-hards.

Guest styles13

Here's some homework for all the teachers who are enjoying the snow vacation day.

How much is $22,695 in millions of dollars? This is the figure for "School aid" as projected under "CashFlow State Funds" 2011-2012 New York State Budget.

Hope you enjoy your day off while you bankrupt New York State and the rest of us.

OK REALLY? Are you kidding me? Teacher's bankrupting? What a joke. HOW BOUT THE FREAKING WELFARE SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!! I guarantee you that your home boys are bringing in more money just by staying home, smoking, drinking, collecting a welfare check, living with their welfare girlfriends who are collecting a ton for all the kids she popped out....... Teacher's have to constantly go to training, college, etc They don't have their medical, heat, rent, and food paid for by the state, but the welfare losers do! So figure that one out you idiot! If a teacher makes $32,000 a year and then pays for health insurance, rent/mortgage, food for a year, oil, and student loans, what do you think is left? Then......go the summer without a pay check. Which leads to the next point. Most teacher's will do extra to help pay their expenses of the summer. You people really have no clue. I don't hear any one bitching about how much NYSEG customer service reps were making before they were put in their place. They were making over $20 an hour. Non-college degreed people answering a freaking phone making over $41,000 a year????????? OR..........HOW ABOUT Verizon workers? The list goes on and on........And your gripping about a teacher. GET A LIFE!

OK REALLY? Are you kidding me? Teacher's bankrupting? What a joke. HOW BOUT THE FREAKING WELFARE SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!! I guarantee you that your home boys are bringing in more money just by staying home, smoking, drinking, collecting a welfare check, living with their welfare girlfriends who are collecting a ton for all the kids she popped out....... Teacher's have to constantly go to training, college, etc They don't have their medical, heat, rent, and food paid for by the state, but the welfare losers do! So figure that one out you idiot! If a teacher makes $32,000 a year and then pays for health insurance, rent/mortgage, food for a year, oil, and student loans, what do you think is left? Then......go the summer without a pay check. Which leads to the next point. Most teacher's will do extra to help pay their expenses of the summer. You people really have no clue. I don't hear any one bitching about how much NYSEG customer service reps were making before they were put in their place. They were making over $20 an hour. Non-college degreed people answering a freaking phone making over $41,000 a year????????? OR..........HOW ABOUT Verizon workers? The list goes on and on........And your gripping about a teacher. GET A LIFE!

There have been many threads about welfare here on the voice. I'm pretty sure the only ones for welfare are those on it,the workers that administer it and the state politicians that get their votes through/because of it. Now calm down and please tell me where the teachers work that make only 32,000?

If a teacher makes $32,000 a year and then pays for health insurance, rent/mortgage, food for a year, oil, and student loans, what do you think is left?

You failed to mention the biggest expense, your property taxes. Most of which goes to pubic education.

P.S. You need to grow up and stop the name calling.

Guest Stating the Obvious

Oh yeah? Well I heard that when there's a snow day, the teachers all get together, dip into a special reserve fund (which was created by your taxes!) and they all go the movies! We pay for it! I also heard that after the movie, they all go out to Red Lobster and have a very nice Surf and Turf dinner that our taxes also pay for! This is ridiculous! We shouldn't even have schools! Education should be free and taught in our own homes!

You know how to tell when fat a** Christy is lying? His lips are moving! Every word out of his mouth is a lie. Every one. Not one thing he said there is true. Not one. He has vilified teachers and will say any lie to further his agenda. He will lose in a landslide in the next election. He is a one and done Governor. Not once did he ask to sit down and talk to the teachers. They tried several times just to get a meeting. He is mad he didn't use the (correct) numbers of the teacher's union and lost $600,000 because he used his own (incorrect) numbers. Oh and the "death threat" - it was a joke about Obama sent out by an aid of his and the teacher changed it to Christy. The tea party radical right is ruining America. I hope we wake up quickly because they want there to be rich corporate America and a poor America with no middle class. We are watching the dismantling of middle class America with Christy, Palin, Beck, Rush and all the other blow-hards.

The people of New Jersey disagree as evidenced by the last election.

Medication Time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmt1O5r0Os

OK REALLY? Are you kidding me? Teacher's bankrupting? What a joke. HOW BOUT THE FREAKING WELFARE SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!!

What percentage of these "FREAKING WELFARE SCUMBAGS" make up your class of students? I'm not sure I want you teaching my kids with the amount of anger you have clearly demonstrated here.

Heres a fun fact for you. Public education spending in New York is the second only to Medicaid, a "FREAKING WELFARE SCUMBAGS" entitlement program. How dose that make you feel?

Guest STYLES13

Oh yeah? Well I heard that when there's a snow day, the teachers all get together, dip into a special reserve fund (which was created by your taxes!) and they all go the movies! We pay for it! I also heard that after the movie, they all go out to Red Lobster and have a very nice Surf and Turf dinner that our taxes also pay for! This is ridiculous! We shouldn't even have schools! Education should be free and taught in our own homes!

Yes, that's the answer, you moron.

Guest styles13

What percentage of these "FREAKING WELFARE SCUMBAGS" make up your class of students? I'm not sure I want you teaching my kids with the amount of anger you have clearly demonstrated here.

Heres a fun fact for you. Public education spending in New York is the second only to Medicaid, a "FREAKING WELFARE SCUMBAGS" entitlement program. How dose that make you feel?

I don't want me teaching your kids either, that's why I'm not a teacher; Never said I was a teacher. A great portion of these kids make up the student population. This is because their loser parents keep multiplying and leave the responsibility to the state. AGAIN......the STATE IS PAYING FOR THESE WELFARE SCUMBAGS! Their kids also make up the majority of your special education programs: 12:1:1, AIS, and other programs structured to give support to the students in need. MAYBE if the the teacher's didn't have to spend the majority of their time tending to the kids who need to be taught discipline, respect, honesty, abc's, 123's, how to tie shoes, (all which should be done at home by parent who are actually parenting, they would be better at what their job was intended to be..... TO EDUCATE!!!!!! I'm showing anger because I am sick of people who have no clue, trashing the education system. I agree there is much to be done with it, it is far from perfect, but teacher's do not make enough money.

Guest Stating the Obvious

Yes, that's the answer, you moron.

I also heard that during their free periods, the boy teachers and the girl teachers get together in the lounge and try to kiss each other! And we pay for it! My taxes shouldn't go towards teachers kissing!

Oh come one . Who doesn't think they are underpaid ? The taxpayers decide the pay scale of public employees . The unions should not be allowed to dictate to those that pay the bills . Period .

It should be the same for public employees as private employees . If you don't like the pay or benefits go find another job . IMO most all public employees are overpaid and over benefitted and it's past time to bring them into the 21st century along with the private sector .

I don't want me teaching your kids either, that's why I'm not a teacher; Never said I was a teacher. A great portion of these kids make up the student population. This is because their loser parents keep multiplying and leave the responsibility to the state. AGAIN......the STATE IS PAYING FOR THESE WELFARE SCUMBAGS! Their kids also make up the majority of your special education programs: 12:1:1, AIS, and other programs structured to give support to the students in need. MAYBE if the the teacher's didn't have to spend the majority of their time tending to the kids who need to be taught discipline, respect, honesty, abc's, 123's, how to tie shoes, (all which should be done at home by parent who are actually parenting, they would be better at what their job was intended to be..... TO EDUCATE!!!!!! I'm showing anger because I am sick of people who have no clue, trashing the education system. I agree there is much to be done with it, it is far from perfect, but teacher's do not make enough money.

The reason that you have so many welfare students is this area and this state asks them to come here. Maybe that's also why we have the highest Medicare costs in the nation. Of course you have to educate them it's the law. Of course now that we have all these laws in place we will gain more of them along the years because welfare people can vote and the politicians in this state like to make their voting blocks happy.Voting is great and is one of the cost free joys of being a citizen.You don't have to pass a test or have any knowledge and it's totally free. You don't have to know anything or have anything special to be able to vote and if you vote correctly and often enough you can gain free prizes.

LOL . Ain't that the truth . Vote on the property school tax even though you don't have a plug nickel invested in anything .

I don't believe that you should have the right to vote unless you have a work history and can show that you pay property taxes in a school election.

I don't believe that you should have the right to vote unless you have a work history and can show that you pay property taxes in a school election.

Renter's actually pay property taxes, indirectly. You don't think that taxes aren't figured into their rent? Probably the only ones not paying their fair share are the people like you who are on welfare.

Oh come one . Who doesn't think they are underpaid ? The taxpayers decide the pay scale of public employees

New York State Teachers are the most over paid in the US and probably in the world.

The average teacher’s salary in New York consistently rates much higher than other states in the nation. In 2007, the teacher salary in New York averaged about $62,943 per year. In 2008 and 2009, typical annual teacher salaries New York were $66,295 and $66,760 respectively.

Teaching salaries in New York were significantly higher than the national averages, which were $48,353 in 2008 and $49,720 in 2009, making the average New York teacher salary over $15,000 higher than the average teacher salary in the United States.

Teaching salaries in New York regularly rank amongst the very highest in the nation, if not the highest, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In 2007 and 2008, New York teacher salaries were ranked as number one in the nation. In 2009, that rank fell to number two, despite a 5.32% growth in average teaching salaries in New York from 2008 to 2009. From 2007-2009, New York teacher salaries grew a total of 6.06%. Salary information for the past two years can be seen in the following New York teacher salary schedule:

Average Teacher Salary in Binghamton City School District

The average teacher salary in Binghamton City School District is $54,040.

Grade Level Average 10th percentile 25th percentile Median 75th percentile 90th percentile

Pre-school $27,026 $17,056 $19,294 $24,560 $30,684 $38,616 $30,684 $38,616

Kindergarten $65,650 $41,330 $52,174 $69,812 $78,172 $83,440 $78,172 $83,440

Elementary $57,290 $38,706 $46,032 $53,472 $66,874 $84,146 $66,874 $84,146

Middle school $61,464 $42,660 $47,512 $57,014 $72,118 $89,326 $72,118 $89,326

High school $58,774 $42,276 $46,434 $53,942 $68,702 $83,584 $68,702 $83,584

General Facts

Staff: 1,175

Full time teachers: 526

Pupil to teacher ratio: 12 to 1

Teacher assistants (instructional aides): 273

Instructional Coordinators: 4

Elementary Teachers: 213

Kindergarten Teachers: 40

Pre-K Teachers: 9

High School Teachers: 169

Pre-K to 12 Students: 5,757

Financial Statistics for Binghamton City School District

Revenue

Revenue from local sources: $31,490,000

Revenue from state sources: $51,050,000

Revenue from federal sources: $9,880,000

Total revenue: $92,420,000

Expenses

Expenditures on instruction: $59,076,000

Expenditures on teacher salary: $48,586,000

Expenditures on teacher benefits: $21,721,000

Expenditures per student: $1,266,000

Total expenditures: $88,791,000

Breakdown of Teacher Salary Expenses

Teacher salary expenses on regular education: $19,598,000

Teacher salary expenses on special education: $4,821,000

Teacher salary expenses on vocational education: $677,000

General District Statistics

Per capita income: $17,215

Median family income: $36,645

Median male income: $19,468

Median female income: $14,618

Median income of a renter: $16,392

Median income of a home owner: $41,944

Number of Households making:

10 - 25k 25 - 40k 40 - 60k 60 - 100k 100k+

3,530 2,315 2,270 1,770 865

New York State Teachers are the most over paid in the US and probably in the world.

The average teacher’s salary in New York consistently rates much higher than other states in the nation. In 2007, the teacher salary in New York averaged about $62,943 per year. In 2008 and 2009, typical annual teacher salaries New York were $66,295 and $66,760 respectively.

Teaching salaries in New York were significantly higher than the national averages, which were $48,353 in 2008 and $49,720 in 2009, making the average New York teacher salary over $15,000 higher than the average teacher salary in the United States.

Teaching salaries in New York regularly rank amongst the very highest in the nation, if not the highest, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In 2007 and 2008, New York teacher salaries were ranked as number one in the nation. In 2009, that rank fell to number two, despite a 5.32% growth in average teaching salaries in New York from 2008 to 2009. From 2007-2009, New York teacher salaries grew a total of 6.06%. Salary information for the past two years can be seen in the following New York teacher salary schedule:

Archived